SAFE (Harry Styles Fan-Fic)

By youwillknowmesomeday

"Don't...look...down," she was barely able to whisper. The faint pink of her lips began to become pale, he... More

Safe (Harry Fan-Fic)
Chapter 1: Gun Shots&..Worry?
Chapter 2: Lies & Doubts
Chapter 3: Caught in the Crowd
Chapter 4: Answers
Chapter 5: Interrogation
Chapter 6: The Second Encounter
Chapter 7: She has to do WHAT?
Chapter 8: Tattoos& The Unspeakable
Chapter 10: Bipolar
Chapter 11: Competition
Chapter 12: Death
Chapter 13: Pain & Guilt
Chapter 14: Herself, that's who I loved
FINAL- Chapter 15: Forget
EPILOGUE-Chapter 16: Scars

Chapter 9: Knives

168 8 0
By youwillknowmesomeday

I was suddenly awoken by the sounds of metal in the wind. It's hard to explain that sound. I mean, it's like a sword, yeah a sword. The sound a sword makes in the movies when it's being flung by the ninja or something. It's like, sliiinnngggggaaa. I don't know, I'm just trying to keep my mind busy. I don't want to die thinking about things I shouldn't be thinking.

I stood up from my bed and looked at my phone. It's 4:45am. Good god. I stood up and walked to the bathroom, washed my hands and fixed my hair a little, even though it was probably going to get messed up when I go back to sleep anyway. I walked back to my bed, the rest of the guys sleeping crazily on their beds. I huffed a laugh, until I began thinking back to earlier last night when Nikki ordered the beds... Didn't she only get 5? 

I counted, and there were five- out here. I rose an eyebrow, slowly walking to the Asian looking wooden wall... I was going to knock on the door, but I realized that it was 4am... So i bent the doorknob, and to my surprise, it was unlocked. I slowly opened it, the sound of the knives scaring me again, but I could tell it was in the opposite direction.

I walked in, slowly, every step hesitant, waiting to be punched in the face or something. I caught a glimpse of Nikki, and I became pretty upset... I mean, she was lying on the floor, a thick comforter folded perfectly against rug of the hotel room. Her head was lifted up a foot high or so by a suitcase... She seemed so innocent  sitting there like that, of course, until she flung another throwing knife at the wall. 

I huffed at the sudden action, and I tried to pull back. Suddenly, a knife landed a foot away from me, and my heart stopped for a second. I turned to the knife, a distorted reflection of my horror-struck expression. I turned again, to Nikki. Her face was stressed, still tired. 

"Up pretty early, aren't ya'?" she murmured with a raised eyebrow. I gulped and smiled, I don't think she's going to kill me. Well, not today anyway.

"Yeah, your knife throwing caught my attention," I whispered back, playing with my hair. Her expression became a little surprised, and she stood up quickly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's a habit," she replied softly as she walked to the wall and began removing the knives from it. 

"It's fine," I said as I got a glimpse of her bum as she bent down. I quickly looked away, I definitely don't want to die today. I turned to find the knife that she had thrown in my direction to get my attention, and decided to help her remove it, just to be helpful for once... I glanced at her as I wrapped my hand around the black silky knife, and her expression became frantic.

"No, don't touch-" she didn't finish, before my hand reflexively jerked away from the knife, sending pain into my palm seconds later.

"Ow, " I tried to man it up. She rushed to my side as I looked at the injury. My hand was sliced open a little, all across the edge of my thumb, to the middle of  my ring finger, the formation of blood bubbling on the surface now.

"Shit, Harry." she said frantically, as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside her room again. She sat me on the couch that lay there in the corner, and took a stressful sigh, before walking back to her suitcase.

"It's fine, it's just a flesh wound," I replied in a macho tone, before I could say any other reassuring manly comments, my hand started to burn. She huffed a laugh sarcastically, before coming back to my side, gloves on and everything. She held this metallic bottle and these little sealed bags.

"What is all of this?" I wanted to laugh, she was over-exaggerating.. I mean, I'm not that wimpy.

"Hold still," she said seriously as she grabbed the bottle and opened the thin tip. She grabbed some special gauze from one of the bags and wiped my cut. 

Damn, did that hurt like a bitch. She grabbed my hand and used it to cover my mouth, thankfully making me hold in a yelp of pain so I wouldn't wake the guys.

She removed her hand and I kept my hand to my mouth. Wow, that hurt... a lot. Not kidding.

She grabbed the liquid and gazed at me, raising an eyebrow, her eyes guilty and empathetic. She looked down and poured the liquid. My eyes wanted to bulge out of my head from the pain, I could feel them water up too. As she poured, the pain dulled and I looked at her in question. She quickly lined it with some type of glue to seal it shut- kinda like the one she used last night on her forehead- and then added some bandage around it. 

As I watched, she was being so careful, so gentle. It helped to keep my mind off the fucking agony of that little wound. She finished and took of her gloves, organizing her suitcase quickly before sitting right beside me, and staring at me intensely.

"Okay, why the hell did that hurt so damn much?" I asked her as she stared, a sigh of relief from my response.

"Good, that's good," she laughed, her eyes seeming a little watery too.

"What? Are you about to cr-"

" You're talking. That's good.  Yoou're not going into shock..." she began, changing the subject. "The reason it hurt so much is because I had to clean out the chemical out of your wound. Those knives are specifically made for me, they're sensor-ed to recognize my touch... so when a foreign finger scan is made, it ejects a type of micro-gel that paralyzes your nervous system for weeks," she looked at me apologetically. I gulped, well then. I had no words to reply to that..

"I'm sorry, I should have known better. I just forgot about . Most clients usually keep their curiosity to themselves and I don't usually have to stay with them 24/7, so they don't usually see some of my weapons" she looked down then back up at my shocked expression. "But you'll be fine though," she finished softly. I let out a nervous laugh, relief.

" It's fine," was all I was able to blurt out... I had to change the conversation though.

"So, may I ask why you're sleeping on the ground and throwing knives at the walls?" I rose an eyebrow,as I gazed at the knife that was still stuck to the wall before looking at her as she sat in the chair beside me, closer than ever before. Well, in my opinion anyway, she was  about a foot away still. It seemed closer though. She laughed and rose an eyebrow, that bitch expression was back.

"Um, that shouldn't concern you, Mr.Styles," she said roughly. I looked at her, and we had this mini stare down. She laughed and looked away.

"Fine, well. I- uh," she had this expression on her face, like it was hard for her to explain. "I, I hate mattresses. I can't stand them," she blurted out. I looked at her in disbelief, and she just gave me this weird look of confusion, like she was caught in her own lie.

"As for the knives, again, I couldn't really sleep, but atleast I slept a few hours. I feel better," she nodded her head, as if she ws trying to make herself believe what she was saying too.

"You hate beds? And you feel better that you've only slept 4 hours in the last 6 days?" I asked concerned. She looked at me and shrugged, not seeing the obvious cons of doing the things she's doing.

"Go to bed, Styles. We have a meeting later today," she ordered, getting up and grabbing the knife from the door, completely ignoring my question again. I got up, a little unwelcome suddenly. 

I got up and walked to the door, and she sat back down on the floor, looking at her knife...

"Oh, Nikki?" I said softly, she turned, her expression expecting me to ask her something secretive or something. I smiled.

"You get some sleep, too," I chuckled. She rose an eyebrow, and laughed with me, probably thinking my concern was in vain.

"Thank you," I stated "For everything," I finished whole-heartily. She looked at me, her expression seeming bewildered at my words.. She opened her mouth, and closed it... not seeming to know what to say.. She nodded her head, before looking back down at her knife. I turned to open the door.

"Harry?" she said before I walked out... The fluttering feeling of being welcomed came back, and I looked at her again, curious.

"Goodnight," she stopped herself from saying something else. I smiled.

"Goodmorning," I replied, she chuckled and I walked out, closed the door, and went to lay in bed again.

I took a sigh, a great way to show that blonde... She's not so much of how he explained.

 That secret though... They were piercing at my curiousity like knives too...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 557 64
The world finds odd ways to put people together. For them, it was PR. ~ She walked along the shore, the humid air, feeling much colder next to the b...
3M 81.4K 35
[✓] ∥ It all happened in a split second. One moment I was on his back, and the next one I was lying on the ground, watching the man who would be resp...
34.7M 958K 104
"I have been watching you for a while now, my love" he whispered darkly in my ear. "Why are you doing this to me" I squeaked, earning a low chu...