2nd Chance: Book 2 (PJO/HoO F...

By SuzyQ_

(WARNING! THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO MOVING ON!) Everyone is destined for greater things; therefore death can't st... More

Prologue
1. I Think That's TOO Much Power
2. I Have The Worst Mission Ever
3. Stuck In The Past
4. Messing Up BIG TIME
5. First Attack Doesn't Go As Planned
6. Isn't It Fun To Get Tortured?
7. Is It 'Let's Reveal Percy's Identity' Day Already?
8. Family Reunions Save My Life
9. Dating My Best Friend? Nah...
10. Man Down!
11. Rachel Elizabeth Dare
12. Let's Play The Identity Game
13. There's A New Guy in Town
14. Questions in The Forest
15. Spies Happen to Reveal Dark Secrets
16. Must Have Some Order in Love
17. Problems Can Wait; Marriage Comes First
18. A Not so Happy "Destroyer of Universes"
19. Please, Don't Hurt Me
20. Locating My Big Brother
21. Avengers? I Think Not
22. OOPS! I Pulled Out The Ring!
24. I Talk To Invisible Men, But I'm Not Crazy
25. Galen Is Now Important
26. The Cost of Victory
Epilogue
3rd Book?!

23. Is It THAT Deadly?

3.4K 85 6
By SuzyQ_

P E R C Y

My hands balled into tight fists and my teeth clenched,"Excuse me?!" I screeched,"No way! Never in a million years! That's so stupid! There's already poison in my blood! It won't work!"

Chaos cringed, as if expecting me to yell and argue,"Percy-"

"No! Chaos, that's so stupid! I'm already gonna die! What's the point?!"

Chaos winced. He lowered his voice to a whisper,"Don't be like that, Percy..."

I sighed, trying to calm myself,"Chaos. I need to be there. I'm not gonna let them fight while I sit down and watch them. I must fight with them. This is my fight as well! I won't let them fight it for me!"

"I know, Percy. It's not in your blood. I understand. Just...think about it. That ring traps your powers when you use them. It traps your speed, and your tactics. Everything. It will be painfully slow, but it will kill you. Percy, you may not feel as much pain now since you're super powerful, but this...this will cause you to feel so much pain in even the smallest wounds. A paper cut will feel like a sword pierced you." He gave me a minute to process the information,"And if anyone on the opposing side gets a hold of that ring, all hope of winning is lost." Chaos explained,"Please, Percy. It's better if you sit and don't do anything. That way the ring won't be able to trap anything."

I balled my hands and squeezed them tight to try and stop them from shaking. Gods, you're so stupid! You just had to put the ring on. I quickly stuffed my hands in my hoodie. It felt like the fear was squeezing my heart. My stomach churned, causing my to feel nauseous.

Chaos noticed my quiet and unusual attitude. He gave me a look of pity,"Hey..." He said quietly, coming over to wrap an arm around me,"It's ok, Percy. It's not your fault. Once you see the ring, then it will tempt you. Nobody is able to fight it. Only when it's not occupied though. Either way, I need you to trust me. I will find out a cure for this, ok. It's ok to be scared right now. I would be scared too. Don't question its abilities. What the real question is, do you trust me?"

I nodded,"Of course, Chaos," I hesitated,"but I can't do this." I pulled out my hand and looked at the ring. It's white zircon twinkled as if laughing at me. The gold strand around edges made me fidget, as if they were glaring at me. It seems as if any minute they would unravel from the ring and somehow attack me. Everything about this ring looked evil, but I wasn't gonna let it stop me.

I looked at Chaos, and he seemed to already know what I was gonna say,"I have to fight, Chaos."

He nodded, understanding my reasons,"Ok." He placed a hand on my shoulder,"Just. Don't use your powers as much, and be careful, Percy. Please? That's all I'm asking."

I gave him a weak smile,"I can't promise you anything, but I'll try."

...

Let me put it this way. I completely 'forgot' Chaos' warning about not using my powers to much. Can you blame me? I use my powers a lot in desperate situations and then he suddenly expects me to immediately stop. Yeah...no. Sorry. It ain't gonna happen.

Ok, I'll admit that I sorta feel bad. I know Chaos is worried sick about me. It's pretty obvious, but I can't help it. My fingers...eh...slipped? I guess. Anyways, I just feel bad now. You see, after I got back from my meeting with Chaos, Tartarus attack. I jumped into battle instantly. I had used my powers so many times to save myself, and others. I was making my way to Tartarus until Luke and Zoë stopped me.

"Percy! About time you got back!" Zoë said, cutting off another harpy head.

"You going up to Tartarus, I assume?" Luke asked.

"Spot on!" I told them.

"Ok, when you do, DON'T kill him!" Zoë said.

I gave her a weird look,"Uh, why?"

"Because, if we could keep him captive, then we could force him to get that..whatever it is in your head, out." Luke finished.

I raised an eyebrow. Zoë rolled her eyes,"Plus, we can make him suffer which is a benefit for us."

I frowned,"Guys-" Luke held up a finger indicating me to stop. He grabbed a hunting knife and lazily threw it at me. My eyes widened as I moved out the way. A shriek was heard as the fowl monster fell to the ground.

"Sorry, continue." Luke said.

I laughed. Classic Luke,"Anyways. It won't work, and before you argue, you have to trust me. The voice doesn't follow Tartarus' orders anymore. He listens to Order, and even then he disobeys. He's strayed; out of control." I shrugged,"Thanks for trying though, guys. See you later. Got a monster to kill."

I ran away into the battle. I saw an empusa coming at me, so when she came close enough, I jumped, landing behind her and stabbed her. She shrieked and turned into gold dust. Just as I was going to run off, I saw something in the corner of my eye. I instantly turned my head just as a Cyclops hit me with his bat with full force.

I was thrown in the air, and I didn't land softly. I hit the ground with full force, possibly leaving a dent in the ground. I groaned with pain seeing as my sides were burning. I lightly touched my side and winced. I think that's a broken rib. I slowly got in sitting position and grunted when I saw the Cyclops coming my way. I pointed a finger at him and a beam shot him dead. He turned into gold dust immediately when it touched him.

I slowly got up. I bit my lip at the sensation. This is not normal. I'm not suppose to be in this much pain. Usually it's just a throbbing feeling.

"Percy, you may not feel as much pain now since you're super powerful, but this...this will cause you to feel so much pain in even the smallest wounds. A paper cut will feel like a sword pierced you."

I sighed. Curse this stupid ring. I clenched my jaw and stood up with one swift motion. I regretted it instantly. My head started to spin and I nearly fell over, but I luckily caught myself. I grabbed my sword and walked up to where Tartarus was. I'm not gonna change my plans because of a stupid ring.

Tartarus smirked when he saw me,"Ah, back already? I would've thought that Cyclops knocked you out good."

I shrugged,"Can't get rid of me that fast. You should know. I killed you before, remember that?"

He glared at me,"Watch that mouth of yours. I will kill you this time."

I scoffed,"Yeah, ok. We'll see about that." And with that, I charged at him. He managed to swiftly dodge my attack, but I still turned and kicked him to the ground. He grunted and got to his knees. I didn't allow him any time to stand back up because I ran over, jumped above him, spun in the air, and would've stabbed him in the back if he didn't move slightly, making me hit his shoulder.

He growled,"You really are getting on my nerves." He spun around and made a cut straight across my chest with a sword I didn't see him pull out. I stumbled back, clutching my chest. I pursed my lips, trying to ignore the pain that engulfed my body. I launched myself at him and managed to cut his abdomen. When I charged him again, his sword met mine.

"Really, you should just give up. Even if you managed to kill me, you won't be able to kill Order. His power is beyond anything you've faced." Tartarus said, grunting.

I grinned at him,"Nice to know, but I really don't care. It won't stop me from trying." I removed my sword and his hand went to the right, while I stabbed his left side. He howled as my sword dug deep. I kicked him down to ground, and stood over him,"So, sorry, but it's the end for you now. See you in Tartarus, Tartarus."

I raised my hand and shot a beam of darkness. I was not expecting what happened next. He had raised his sword and used it as a mirror. The beam shot back at me and I flew 10 feet back. I groaned as my back hit the ground. This honestly has to be the worst fight of all time. When I looked back up, I saw Tartarus standing over me. When I looked around, I saw a black blur move around. It was so quick I thought I imagined it.

"I should say the same thing to you Perseus. See you there." Tartarus laughed. He raised his sword...

And he brought the shimmering blade down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 954 41
Being cheated by a girlfriend is bad enough. But being cheated by your fiancée? Wow, that's a whole new level. And that was exactly what happened to...
43K 799 17
Percy is betrayed by those he knows when a person, claiming to be him, comes to camp and ruins everyone, the camp, and most importantly Percy's life...
10.9K 231 17
This is not your normal Chaos story. No one gets betrayed and runs away. No one gets killed. But there is one person who gets kidnapped. One person w...
506K 6.6K 57
Percy was loved by a nice girlfriend, best friends he would give his life for, a family, keyword WAS, past tense. His life spirals down to Tartarus w...