Little-Miss-Masquerade

By BelieveInMe

Liz is a fresh grade 11 student living in Ottawa, Canada, where she has been living most of her life. She ha... More

Little-Miss-Masquerade {Prologue}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {1}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {2}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {3}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {4}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {5}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {6}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {7}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {9}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {10}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {11}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {12: Part1}
Little-Miss-Masquerade {12: Part2}

Little-Miss-Masquerade {8}

1K 30 10
By BelieveInMe

Alright new chapter!! Woohoo, please don't forget to comment and vote! But especially comment!

This was nearly 2,000 words, so you guys better appreciate this!

Hope you all enjoyed, PLEASE comment. I hope I can get some of my readers back, it seemed like they all dissapeared!

Alright, hope it wont be long before uploading next, but we'll see!

Ok, i'm off to bed now... Night everyone! :D

(Chapter8)

I leaned in, my foot getting caught under the stool, making me loose balance, having leaning forward too far. I started to wobble, tilting farther and farther off of the seat, until Stephan caught me in his arms, and I ended up falling forward onto him, my stomach landing on his knee. Nonetheless, he caught me before falling on my face.

My face immediately heated up, my cheeks and neck glowing a bright red colour now, the rest of my body going frigid and stiff. It suddenly hit me what I was about to do, and I instantly stood up and stalked from the room, despite what the teacher was yelling at me about. I just had to get away.

I ran to the nearest bathroom on this floor, and stood in front of one of the mirrors, in disbelief. Was I really just moments away from kissing Stephan? Oh god, I was, wasn't I?

How would I ever go back in there? To face him and the rest of the class...

I just still cannot get over the fact that I was so close to doing that... and I kind of want to do it again...

I can't, though! We have been in this situation before, and we always know what will come out of it, but we always seem to do it anyways. He just 'can't' date someone like me. With being so high in the popularity down in England, he couldn't be caught with someone like me, someone so low and unknown. Well, that's not completely true. I was known, but only as a klutz who could never stay on her own two feet, and always made a fool of herself. Not like him, being known for his gorgeous features and flawless body. Every girl wanted him, and everyone wanted to stay away from me in fear of their food soon being plastered to them due to my clumsiness.

But I just couldn't bring myself to go back to class with Stephan being there... that would just make things extremely awkward, and I didn't want that with him. So I left, going straight to the one place I could think clearly. The Library.

I tentatively left the bathroom, peering over the corner to make sure no teachers saw me wandering the halls. I then sprinted to the nearest stairwell to get down a level. As I was walking through the doorway, though, I wasn't paying attention, looking behind my shoulder for people when I smashed into the broad chest of my Co-ED Gym teacher, Mr. Romano. He stared at me, gathering his thought, changing his expression back to the serious man he was. I just stared, my mouth opening and closing trying to think up an excuse, but coming up blank. "Go to class" he mumbled, pushing past me, walking towards a door where he slammed it behind him. Well, that was easier than I thought. I had never done this before; skipping class.

I soon heard the bell ring for lunch and quickened my pace as I pulled open the door and walked past the Librarians desk, making my way to the very back, behind all of the rows of aging books. I sat down cross legged, and absently pulled out me notebook and pen.

'I really need to keep my distance from Stephan,' I thought. 'Man, can't even go five minutes without thinking about him,' I mentally slapped at myself.

Just then, I heard someone step in front of me, and saw the familiar shoes of Kenny. I looked up at him through the glasses, and pulled the long bangs from my face. 'Definitely not doing this again,' I thought, "having your hair tied up for so long, it really gets annoying after a while'

Kenny looked down at me, sympathy plastering his face. "You found out already?" I exclaimed, my eyes widening. Wow, word travels fast...

He sat down beside me, took a deep breath and then continued. "Yeah a couple of the guys from your class came and told me. They thought maybe I should come and talk to you about it." He looked over at me, but I turned my head, not really wanting direct eye contact.

"I just fell off my chair..." I spoke softly, sounding defiant.

"Riiiiiiiiiiight" he smiled just a bit, trying to lighten the mood. I just sat there, and could feel a frown cross my lips.

He sighed and held out his hand, and I took it. "Come on, I'll take you home." We both stood up, and walked out towards his car.

It was a quiet drive, but not awkward quiet. More like nice quiet, like there was no need to talk.

When he parked, he came around and opened the door for me. I hugged him, reaching up on my tippy-toes, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I'm sorry," I whispered, and he knew what I was talking about. About how I had gotten mad at him, earlier. I knew that he just wanted to keep me safe and unharmed, and I was glad I had such a great and caring friend like him.

I smiled, and then left, walking up the steps of my house, locking the door behind me.

I was so tired that when I had finally got upstairs, I crashed on my bed.

I bolted awake what felt like hours later. The sun was slowly setting outside, and what had woken me was the slamming of the door downstairs. Moments later I heard a car drive away, down the quiet streets outside, and Stephan climbing his way up the stairs into his room. I looked over at the time on my bedside table. 6:54pm.

I sat up, letting the groggy and light-headedness escape. Then walked to the door, opened it and noticed that everything was dark. I knew this house way too well, but as I was walking towards where the hall SHOULD start, I bumped into something soft, and heard a small "ouch" with an accent. Stephan backed up, and I could now see, having been in the dark long enough.

"Sorry," I whispered.

We both walked down the small hall then, towards the top of the stairs. "Hey, uhm, I'm sorry about leaving you earlier like that, without a ride." I said, trying to sound nice about it, leaving the awkwardness behind.

He looked at me, half of his face shadowed with the darkness and the light coming from the bottom of the staircase. "Well don't worry about it, I had many offers anyways..." he stated arrogantly, and then turned and walked downstairs.

We had dinner about half an hour later, when Aunt came through the door. She had also picked up a movie for us to watch, so I made some popcorn, and we all walked into the living room. I suddenly heard the doorbell ring, so I left them behind to answer it.

It rang a second time, so I yelled, "Coming!" and then opened it to see Kenny in the door way. "Oh riiiight, I completely forgot about that! Thank you!" He agreed to let all of the teachers know that I would be coming for the afternoon, and to picked up my homework for me.

"Hey Kenny! Nice to see you again" Aunt said and then leaned over and gave him a hug. If you ever met my Aunt, she's always been a big hugger. It was pretty funny, actually. The first time Kenny had come over, she came right over and surprised him with a huge hug. He was so shocked and scared, he didn't really want to come back. It just made me laugh out loud, because now he always came over, he was just so used to it now. "Do you want to come in? We were just about to start a movie!" She gives a reassuring smile, and then walks out of the room, heading for the living room.

Kenny looked at me and the shrugged his shoulders and took off his jacket. When I walked into the living room, I sat down on the far left side of the loveseat, but seeing as there's also a recliner and another three person couch, I was a bit confused and curious as to why Stephan then came and sat right next to me. As in walking over, and sat extremely close.

And then Kenny came over, and sat RIGHT between us. As in squeezed between the small space separating me and Stephan, practically sitting on me, leaving no space left whatsoever. And then the words which left his lips earlier, came flooding back to me. "I just don't want you getting hurt, that's all." I absently smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder, focusing on the movie.

It was a Romance Comedy, and I could feel the tension in the room. The awkwardness coming from the two guys. It was a bit unconformable, I had to say.

When the movie was over, Kenny left, and I said goodnight to everyone, going back up to my room. I was tossing and turning for a while, with all of the sleep I had earlier.

I looked over at the clock. 2:34. Man, will I be tired tomorrow.

I turned on my radio, low so that it wouldn't wake Stephan. When my favourite song came on, starting to play, I hummed with the lyrics until I felt my eye lids get heavy and then fell into unconsciousness.

When I woke up I had a quick shower and blow dried my hair until it was completely dried, then pulled it back into its high tight pony-tail. I pulled on my glasses, but I didn't wear any makeup today, nor did I bother with baggy clothes. Everyone already knew by now that I was really slim, so I just put on some jeans and a slightly big purple t-shirt, pulling on a black cardigan on top. I looked in the mirror and actually felt satisfied with myself for the first time in a while. I was happy, in a way, that I didn't have to hide behind the bagginess or the bangs anymore. I could just go on a bit simpler, making my life a bit easier.

I came downstairs then to get some breakfast when I bumped into Stephan again. He was wearing dark blue faded ripped jeans and a white t-shirt that fit him perfectly. He kind of looked like he just ran wet fingers through bead head, but It looked great on him for some reason.

We came downstairs together, and I made some toast and coffee.

I heard a knock at the door, and the turned around to see Kenny come through the front door. "Are you ready," he asked, looking at me. "Do you need a drive?" He looked at Stephan this time.

"Nope, I'm good." He smirked and then simply walked out the door.

Just then Erin pulled up in the drive way, in a sparkling white Mercedes convertible. Glaring at me through the front window, she looks over at Stephan and smiles with a flirty laugh, the sun reflecting off her perfect manicured hands slightly pulling off her huge matching white sunglasses. Although it's September, it's still warm and she still has the top down, and when she stood up in the seat to give him a one-armed hug, you could see just how low her frilly light coloured skirt is. Stephan got in the passenger side and they sped away.

* * * [White Convertible: http://autobragblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/brit1.jpg]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.6K 35
#1 dealingwithdepression (7/26/19) #1 sexlessons (4/3/20) #5 lessons (10/9/19) Angelina Lee and Brett West have remained thick as thieves ever since...
138K 2.9K 22
Isabel Wood. She has been in love with her brother's best friend since childhood. She never expected him to ask her out. What happens when he does? T...
5.8K 220 21
Katrina Okef. The normal girl at her high school which isn't exactly normal. It's a school for rich kids that are complete and total slobs. Her dad...
383K 11.7K 65
Elizabeth Connor, A former citizen of the village that despise her poor family. She's bright and shy, just like any other girl at her century. She ha...