Love, Anonymous (COMPLETED)

By ANNwithnoE

In an alternate universe, Maine Mendoza fails to make it as a talent in Eat Bulaga, and pursues her other dre... More

Prologue : Destiny Calls
Chapter One - Passenger by Chance
Chapter Two - Splitscreen Chemistry
Chapter Three - Chance Encounter
Chapter Four - Weather Beaten
Chapter Five - Sweet Surrender
Chapter Six - Gaining Momentum
Chapter Seven - Meet the Parents
Chapter Eight - Inner Conflict
Chapter Nine -The Gentleman of Verona
Chapter 10 - Arrivederci
Chapter Eleven - Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve - The Pessimistic Optimist
Chapter Thirteen - Reluctant Celebrity
Chapter Fourteen - Bit by Bit
Chapter Fifteen - Paradigm Shift
Chapter Sixteen - Serendipity
Chapter Seventeen - Destiny Claimed
Chapter Eighteen - Career Milestone
Chapter Nineteen - Uncertainties
Chapter Twenty - Secrets
Chapter Twenty One - Miggy's Story
Chapter Twenty Two - Agitation
Chapter Twenty Three - Patring's Request
Chapter Twenty Four - The Package
Chapter Twenty Five - Stalemate
Chapter Twenty Six - The Solution
Chapter Twenty Seven - Tying Loose Ends
Chapter Twenty Eight - Full Circle
Chapter Twenty Nine - Plot Twist
Chapter Thirty - I Do
Chapter Thirty One - Harot Night
Chapter Thirty Two - In Sickness and In Health
Chapter Thirty Three - Realizations
Chapter Thirty Four - Wanting
Chapter Thirty Five - Miscommunication
Chapter Thirty Six - Eye to Eye
Chapter Thirty Seven - In A Heartbeat
Chapter Thirty Eight - Starvation
Chapter Thirty Nine - Cravings
Chapter Forty - Intermission
Chapter Forty Two - Aftermath
Chapter Forty Three - The Homecoming
EPILOGUE

Chapter Forty One - Waiting

7.9K 453 39
By ANNwithnoE

Photo Credit : Taken from www.bgc.com.ph/article/st.-lukes-medical-center

Hello dear readers! Thank you very much for the positive responses to my next story. It was very inspiring to read the support and encouragement for my next work, which I cannot wait to share with you. I will be launching the story on October 1st, supposedly the first monthsary of Aldub on Kalye Serye. It would be wonderful if all of you will give "Broken Promises" the same support for Love, Anonymous. 

Currently, Love, Anonymous has already reached 105k reads and 8.4K votes! Never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to get a following, because I only wrote this to relieve stress and pay homage to MaiChard. It is only fair that the story ends with an ending worthy of our OTP.

Please read on, my dears. Our ficAlden and ficMaine will face their last challenge before I close Love, Anonymous. Would love to hear from you as usual so feel free to comment :)

3:00 AM, July 16, 2018

Maine woke up with pain in her abdomen, very similar to dysmenorrhea pains. She had been on bed rest for the past two weeks upon advice of Dr. Reyes, due to premature contractions at her 29th week of pregnancy. She was given some steroid shots to speed up the lung development of the twins, was advised to stay in the hospital for closer monitoring but she refused and just promised to be on bed rest till her delivery date.

She tried to sit up, pulling Alden's arm away from her chest. He stirred, carefully moving his body away from her and sat up.

"You need to go to the bathroom babe?"

"Not really, it's just that my back hurts."

"You want me to massage it? Will that ease the pain? Or do you want a hot water bottle?"

" Di ko alam, since I'm awake sige I'll go to the bathroom na rin."

He got up from his side and walked around to hers, taking both of her hands to help her stand up. Her tummy was considerably bigger now even though she was still at least five weeks away from full term. He was alarmed to see a spot of blood on her nightdress behind her.

"Babe, may spotting ka yata. Magbihis ka, let's go to the hospital."

Maine did not argue with him. Her hospital bag was long prepared weeks ago, because Dr. Reyes warned her that her endometriosis made her a candidate for premature birthing. The contractions two weeks ago were another telltale sign. She grabbed a dress and underwear from the walk-in closet and changed.

Alden tried not to panic but deep down he was in turmoil. He was worried that something might happen to Maine or the twins. Although Dr. Reyes assured them that Maine had a healthy pregnancy, the contractions weeks ago bothered him. He tried to drive carefully but as fast as possible.

"RJ, promise me if the doctors asked you to choose who to save, you'd pick our babies," Maine said in a shaky voice, her hand grasping his firmly. "Promise me, please. Ang liit pa nila pareho, ayoko sila mahirapan. Tell the doctors to save them."

"Maine, stop. I will not be asked to choose because you will deliver safely. There have been so many successful premature deliveries, our babies will make it. You will make it. You have to, Maine. Wag mo ko takutin."

"Basta you know my priority babe. Sila muna bago ako. Promise me."

"Ayoko! Tangina, tigilan natin usapan na to, ok? Please baby, stop thinking about upsetting things, it might worsen your condition. Enough ha, ayoko na makinig sayo."

They reached the hospital in just 10 minutes. Alden parked the van in front of the ER entrance and waved at a male nurse for a wheelchair. The nurse assisted them, taking Maine to one of the beds and immediately recorded her vital signs while Alden spoke to the doctor on duty. Dr. Reyes was contacted and would be in the hospital within the next hour. For the meantime, they would be preparing Maine for delivery via caesarian section.

"Doc, is it safe for her to give birth at 31 weeks? Why did she bleed?"

"Sir, we've handled emergency births before at even lower number of weeks and fortunately, both the mothers and babies survived. I'm not saying there is zero risk, I need to see her medical records first before I can give a better assessment. But let me assure you, even if she gives birth before Dr. Reyes comes, she's in competent hands."

He called Maine's parents and his dad to share with them that they were in the hospital. Maine's family would be coming to the hospital in full force within the next two hours, while his dad, sister Riza and Mama Ten were arriving within an hour.

"Babe, kumusta na, masakit pa rin ba?"

"Mas masakit na babe, naninigas yung tiyan ko. I'm trying to relax kasi baka ma-stress mga babies natin pero babe, I'm really scared. Ayoko pa manganak, kulang pa ko ng ilang weeks." Her tears were falling and she was looking pale. Her clammy hands grasped for his, finding comfort in his warmth.

Alden steadied himself, reminding himself to be strong for her. Of course she was scared, her life and their babies' lives were on the line. He pulled a chair near her bed and sat down, his hand caressing her cheek.

"Maine, go easy on yourself. Everything will be ok, I promise. Just think maybe tomorrow, Siegfried and Athena will be with us. We'll get to hold them, bring them home with us." He wiped away her tears but he was also starting to cry himself. "I love you, baby, please promise me you'll fight, and you will pull through."

"I love you, RJ. I've never thanked you for being so good to me," A spasm of pain interrupted her. She grimaced, gripping his hand tightly and massaged her belly with her other hand. "Babe, pray for me and the twins, ok? Just remember how much I love you, and how thankful I am that God gave me you."

A female nurse came to inform them that Maine would be transferred to the operating room. With one last hug and a lingering kiss, Alden watched helplessly as Maine was wheeled away from him and into the glass doors where he was not allowed to follow.

He wanted to just sit inside the chapel and cry his heart out, but realities needed his attention. He went out to park the car properly in the parking tower. He arranged for a private suite, one which had a dining and receiving area so that Maine can have the privacy to sleep in case visitors arrive at a time she's still resting. Once the room was ready, he got Maine's things from the van and arranged them in the room.

His dad, sister and Mama Ten arrived shortly after he finalized the room arrangements. Mama Ten brought breakfast but Alden didn't feel like eating. He was told that it would take an estimated three to five hours before he would get to see Maine, depending on any complications that might arise while she was being operated on.

He left his family at the suite and proceeded to the chapel. The serenity of the surroundings helped ease his anxiety a bit. He chose a spot and kneeled down to pray.

Lord, I have not thanked you enough for all the blessings you've given me, especially for bringing Maine into my life. She is my life now, Lord. She made me capable of doing things I never thought I could do before. She chose me, despite the challenges of having a relationship with me. Now she's about to give birth to our twins, and I really don't know if she's ok.

Lord, hindi mo naman siguro ibibigay si Maine sakin kung babawiin mo rin naman siya agad. Please help her make it through Lord, please, please, give us more time together, help us get through this hurdle. Kahit ako na na lang po mahirapan, Lord, huwag lang siya saka babies namin. Please keep them safe, sana po walang complications, sana malampasan nila yung procedure.

I don't know what your plan is, Lord. Hindi ko alam kung part ng plan niyo na makasama ko pa sila. I will surrender to your will Lord. Kung kukunin mo na sila sa akin, please give me the strength to accept your will, make me understand. Kasi Lord pag nawala sila, parang wala na kong dahilan mabuhay. Hindi ko po kayang mawala sila.

At this point, he was crying uncontrollably. The last time he felt this scared was when his mom was rushed to the hospital, and he prayed just as hard, just as fervently. And still, his mom joined the Lord then, leaving him and his family devastated.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, a firm squeeze. He looked up to see Maine's father looking down at him, his face twisted as he also controlled his tears. He stood up and took Tatay's hand for his blessing, but Tatay Ted instead hugged him, both of them trying to comfort each other.

"Richard, alam kong pagod ka at kulang sa tulog, bakit hindi ka magpahinga muna?"

"Hindi rin po ako makakatulog Tay, gusto ko po kasi pag hinanap na ko ng doktor, gising ako. May dala pong pagkain sina daddy, nag almusal na po ba kayo?"

"Salamat, pero hindi rin ako makakakain. Maupo muna tayo rito, gusto lang kitang makausap." They sat down at the corner of the chapel, their eyes on the altar.

"Alam mo Richard, limang beses na akong nagdaan sa ganitong sitwasyon, yung paghihintay sa panganganak ni Nanay sa mga anak namin. Tulad mo, walang kapantay na kaba at takot din pinagdaanan ko. Pero nalampasan ko lahat yon, tiwala lang sa Diyos talaga ang tumulong sakin."

"Alam kong medyo may kumplikasyon ang pagbubuntis ni Menggay, pero anak, marami tayong nagdadasal para makaligtas siya sa kalagayan niya. Tiwala akong inalagaan mo siya ng maayos, nakwento ni Meng na marami kang tinanggihang mga projects para mabigyan siya ng oras. Maraming salamat sa pagmamahal mo sa anak ko. Hindi nagkamali ang anak ko sa pagpili sayo, Richard."

Tatay tapped him on the shoulder. Alden was at a loss for words, he always strived for approval of Maine's father, and now that he was acknowledged, he didn't know how to respond.

His phone suddenly vibrated. It was his dad calling. He and Tatay were already on their way to the room as he answered the call.

"RJ, andito na si Dr. Reyes. Tapos na daw ang operasyon pero nasa recovery room pa daw si Maine. Kakausapin ka daw tungkol sa kambal."

"Bakit dad, may problema po ba?"

"Kayo na lang muna ang mag-usap anak, wala pang sinasabi si doc sa amin."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 7.5K 6
Babaerong gwapo at mayaman, ayan si Daniel Padilla, and SCU Campus King. Akala nya lahat makukuha nya sa kanyang charm pero nagkamali sya. Dahil isa...
120K 2.6K 56
You must listen to this song Don't listen and pretend you haven't If you hear my heart Can't you come back to me? - Don't Listen In Secret - SEVE...
175K 5.3K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...
18.4K 1K 23
Yndrah Alaianth Xanther- a respected professor and successful doctor in medicine. Known for her sharp mind and distant manner. Her cold demeanor echo...