Chapter Forty - Intermission

Hi guys! Like the chapter implies, this is an intermission, an update but a different kind. I know we've been attached to Love, Anonymous and I really, really, REALLY appreciate all the love and support, but like all good things, it will be ending soon. I don't want to extend it but reduce it to fluff without substance because I really want to give you quality reads. So depending on how the story wants itself to end (because the story dictates itself, I am just a channel writing it), I'd say it's good for about three chapters more, five chapters tops.

BUT WAIT. Before you let the sepanx kick in (assumera lang hahahaha), I want to share with you a teaser of my next story. It's a very special story because it is dedicated to fans like us. I want to tackle the life of a fan, so I am writing about  ficMaine as a fangirl of Aldub, how her fangirling helps her cope with life and how it can also affect her life negatively.

So read on my dears, and let me know what you think of it. I am open to suggestions and will value your insights. So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you BROKEN PROMISES.

==========

In an alternate universe, Alvin Foster and Danica Ursula Bello comprise ALDUB, a phenomenal love team made popular by chance. But that's not what this story is about.

This is the story of Dei Mendoza..... promising writer, hopeless romantic, dreamer, wife of college heartthrob Richard Faulkerson Jr., and ultimate fangirl of Aldub. Dei copes with challenges in her everyday life by fangirling, believing that unconditional love exists, even if it does for Aldub and not for her. She roots for her favorite love team, living her dreams through them, finding joy in Alvin's and Danica's happiness together.

But when does fangirling become too much of a good thing? What happens when being a fan gets in the way of making a marriage work? Follow the story of AU Alden and Maine, as Dei and Richard, and how 'realidad' has turned them into a jaded couple needing to find their way back to each other. Will they make it? Only if broken promises finally get fulfilled.

----------

Richard was beginning to regret coming to the college fair. He was too old for this really, but his friends convinced him to join them here as a means of hooking up with some girls they recently met. He was not the type who liked hook-ups though. But recuperating from a bad break-up necessitated drastic measures to speed up the recovery process. At least that's what his friends thought.

Someone suddenly grabbed his arm and cuffed him. Ugh, it was the marriage police, some senior high school students manning the marriage booth. He now had to suffer the consequences of having to be paired against some equally unlucky girl, undergo the mock marriage rites and share a dance with her in the dating room. It was probably fun for the younger students, but rather embarrassing for a college senior like him.

"Any chance that I can just pay you to set me free?"

"We don't take bribes sir. We have a quota for the number of couples we can match in a day."

"Can I at least choose who I get to be paired with?"

"Sure, we'll tour the grounds and find you someone."

Thegirls led the way, while a long-haired guy held the other end of the cuffs.They passed the different rides, the food stalls, the open air concert area,and finally, the marriage booth. Richard couldn't find anyone he was evenremotely interested in.Richard couldn't find anyone he was even remotely interested in. Half an hour had already passed, he was pretty sure his friends were off somewhere with the girls they were stalking. He just wanted to get this over and done with, and then he would go home and sleep off his boredom.