Chapter Thirty Two - In Sickness and In Health

Photo Credit : iambaebybaste IG Account

Surprise update! Because I never could resist a request for an update and multiple requests to extend the story. So here I am, happy to serve! Pak ganern! I've explored the possible direction for the story and it seems I will be able to extend credibly without sabaw chapters. Let's see how it goes, shall we?

My focal point for this chapter is Meng's hateful dinasaur. in real life, I wonder repeatedly why Maine does not get medical advice for her painful condition, and I feel for her pain because I underwent the same. So here, ficAlden and ficMaine will attempt to address her problem, which can also be a test for their marriage.

Read on and hope you like this chapter. Feel free to share your precious comments and thoughts. Love you my dears :)

Maine and Alden were ushered into the the OB Gyne's clinic at St Luke's Hospital in Taguig. Alden insisted they see an OB GYNE to determine what was causing the intense pain during Maine's first day of monthly periods. It was difficult for him to witness her doubled over in pain, unable to eat or even lie down properly. He wanted to know if there was a treatment for what Maine was going through, and if it was life-threatening. As soon as they got back to Manila, he asked Maine for her doctor's number and instructed Mama Ten to set an appointment for them.

Dr. Carmina Reyes came in, a motherly figure in white, dignified yet approachable, the kind of doctor who would reassure instead of intimidate. She was Ate Nikki's doctor too, delivering Matti a year ago in this same hospital.

"Hi Maine, long time no see, ha. What can I do for you?"

"Hi Doc, this is my husband Richard, Richard, si Doc Reyes. We just got married a month ago po. Ok lang po ako doc, pero still the same problem po, painful periods. Parang lumalala po yung pain eh. Pinilit na ko ni Richard to see you. Ayaw nga ako iwanan kasi naninigurado na pupunta talaga akong doctor."

"Eh kasi doc, matagal ko na sinasabing magpatingin siya eh. Sinamahan ko na para sigurado talagang pupunta."

"Tama naman si hubby, Maine. We've talked about this before and I also gave you a work up list to help us determine what exactly it is that will need treatment. So ituloy na natin yun, you will need to undergo transvaginal ultrasound and the pap smear tests. The uterine biopsy can be done after I've seen the TVU result."

Alden got alarmed upon hearing the word biopsy. "Biopsy? Doc bakit kailangan ng biopsy? Is her condition life-threatening?"

"Sometimes kasi Richard, the pain is caused by a growth, pwedeng cyst na nasa uterus or ovaries. That's what the TVU is for, we need to find out what the condition of her reproductive system is. The biopsy is applicable only if may makitang anything suspicious sa uterus and ovaries niya." Dr. Reyes wrote down her referrals for the work-up and tore off the instructions from her notepad, handing it to Maine.

"Maine, I gave instructions there that we need the results for the tests immediately, to put your minds to rest. I know it's hard to not know what's going on. Take the tests today then come back here tomorrow. We will know by tomorrow what to do."

-----

They were back the same time as agreed the following day. Alden had trouble sleeping the night before, worrying about Maine's condition. He did not tell her he was worried though, but lay awake for a long time after she had fallen asleep. He was glad they would find out today what was wrong with her.

"Hi Maine, Richard. I got your results today. The pap smear showed you have UTI, pero normal yan sa newlyweds, I'll just give you meds for that. Other than that your pap smear came out ok. Sa ultrasound ako medyo nagworry. Do you bleed heavily during your monthly periods?"