Toxic (Harry Styles)

By stylesmyth

Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear. There's something about unexpected moments, you can't plan it, you... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Credits and Acknowledgements
Author's Note - Sequel!

Chapter 23

5.6K 141 14
By stylesmyth

Chapter 23

The truth. Such a simple phrase. 2 words. 2 syllables. 8 letters. It should be easy to tell the truth all the time but one thing gets in the way. Lies.

When I wake several hours later, Harry is asleep with his bare back to me. The warm, thick comforter covers my naked body from the stagnate cold air. To my surprise, my stomach is still in knots from our intimacy that only happened a short time ago. My mind races to catch up with what happened because while it was occurring my thoughts were a blur. No, we didn't go so far as having sex─ frankly because I'm not close to being ready for that ─but, and I quote, he "pleasured" me. And if I'm being honest, he delivered on his promise. I blush from my own thoughts.

I swiftly escape the warm confines of the bed, careful to not disrupt Harry, and goose bumps appear my legs and arms as I search for my underwear, a pair of shorts, and Harry large t-shirt. Gathering my hair to one side, I take one last look at Harry before I head out the door, down the hall, and into the kitchen in search for a cup of hot tea.

Ten minutes later, I have a steam cup of tea with cream in my hands, and I stand at the counter that looks out into the living room with a jar of peanut butter and saltine crackers. The voices from the TV fill the room, making it feel less lonely while I make myself a small dinner. I haven't a clue when Harry may wake up, so I'm on my own for now.

Harry. I still don't know where we stand at this point. It's blatantly evident that we aren't "just friends" now, and I don't think we ever were. I had given myself willingly to him, no matter how small of a portion that part may be, I still did. Would this drastically change things between us? He hasn't ever said he liked me in anyway shape or form, and neither have I but I think Harry can tell a difference between how I act around him now than when we first met.

But I have feelings for him and his heart of stone.

Before I could come to terms with this new revelation, I see Harry's body emerge in the doorway. I continue to spread the smooth peanut butter on the cracker as if I didn't see him, knowing he'd eventually come up behind me. And he does a moment later, encircling me with his arm and rest his chin on my shoulder.

"Hello, Love," he mutters by my ear. I feel the contours of his unclothed torso, but I'm grateful that I can feel his boxers at my mid-thigh. Despite what we did this evening, I have yet to see him completely naked, and plan to keep it that way for as long as possible.

"Hi. Sleep well?" I chuckle when I turn my head enough to see him, and come face to face with a droopy eyed boy, and he yawns.

"Immensely. But something was missing when I woke up." Harry's hands began to wonder in different directions, distracting me from my task. I place my butter knife down on the counter when his right hand finds the curve of my chest underneath his baggy shirt. "Was I too rough?"

"What?" I gasp, turning around in his arm as his hand loses contact with my sensitive skin.

Harry doesn't look at me, but rather my arm. "Sometimes they tell me that I'm too rough and careless. Even with the simplest of things."

I figure that they are the other girls Harry has been with before me immediately. I gulp from the unwanted thought. Harry had probably been with an vast majority of girls with much more experience, and here I am with none whatsoever. I'm small compared to them, but Harry doesn't complain. Most likely because he doesn't want to be hurtful, though I can't see that as the case. Harry doesn't have problems voicing his opinions or thoughts on a moment's notice.

"Shay," his voice shakes with worry. "If I hurt you, you need to tell me right now─"

"No, no Harry. That's not it," I cut him off. Now I'm unable to look at him.

"Then what is it?"

Thankfully I don't land in peanut butter when I'm suddenly I'm lifted off the floor and sat on the counter. I have a feeling it's because Harry wants me to look at him, but I can't bring myself to do so. Harry's hands stay at my knees as my arm hooks around his shoulder and neck, tracing the curve of his neck.

"It's just..." I pause, trying to find the right words and Harry's quietness doesn't help. "I've never, never, done anything remotely close to what we did. I'm not like the other women you've been with."

"You're right," he says without stumbling. My heart skips a beat and I frown. "You're innocent. I've never been with an innocent before and I'll admit it's different. But you seemed to enjoy it so I don't see the problem."

I open my mouth to speak but my mobile rings from its pocket in my purse. Harry huffs, leaving his spot between my legs and goes to my bag, pulling out my phone. Coming back to over to me, Harry hands over the device but I don't check to see who's calling, just pressing the answer button.

"Hello?" I speak a bit agitated.

"Hell, Shay. You could've warned me that you moved out!" Brandy's frantic, yet fierce voice practically yells in my ear, over the back ground music.

"Good thing I didn't move out then." 

"Then do you mind telling me where the hell you are? And why you're late?"

Oh, shit! I've completely forgotten what today was. I've been so caught up with Harry that my friends have slipped my mind. And today is Brit and Brandy's 19th birthday. They've planned it for weeks and invited all their friends from school and the new college they go to. I promised them several times that I will go to the party and now that the time has come, I forget. Gosh, I'm a horrible friend. First Jess and not the twins.

"Damn it!" I exasperate with tightly shut eyes.

"Who is it?" Harry ask aloud.

And Brandy must've heard him too because she quickly said, "Who's there?"

I decided to answer Brandy. "Listen, it's a long story, Brandy. But right now I'm not staying with my dad. I'm with Harry─"

"Harry?!" She screeches so loud that I have to pull away the phone. "So you and Harry are a thing now?"

"Of course not!" I answer her accusing tone. "It's hard to explain but─ maybe I can talk to you, all of you, tomorrow? Pizza and films, just like old times."

There's a pause of deliberation as the music starts to grow louder again. She must be walking through the room where the party is held. Brandy finally sighs and I knew she had given in. "Fine, be at my house tomorrow at half seven." And with that she hung up. I lock my phone and find Harry's awaiting gaze.

"Brandy?"

"Yup. She's upset and has every right to be because I forgot the twins birthday was today. They're having a huge party downtown but I'm going to see them tomorrow night for a small get-together."

Harry nods, leaning forward. Since I'm elevated, I'm slightly taller than him but not by much. He's still able to reach my lips with no problem, and when he presses his mouth to mine I flush from the memoires of earlier. But the kiss feels off, different from other times.

"What's wrong?" I pull back.

"Just because I kissed you means there something wrong?" He stares at me and I stare back until he lowers his eyes─ I'm actually surprised he breaks, usually he's tough and isolated. "I'm just thinking a lot about work." Harry's nose presses to the base of my neck, making my chin rest atop of his messy hair. He's tired obviously, but I can tell he's also stressed, though I don't know what for and I don't feel like asking and having him possibly snap.

"Speaking of." I start off. "What's with Emily?"

Harry stills beneath me, which in turn, makes me nervous. He slowly lifts his head, "Nothing that I know of. Why?"

"I don't know. She was giving me an odd look when we left," I state, outlining the solid black heart tattoo on his left shoulder.

"I wouldn't have a clue. She's not really my friend, but I met her through Lucas. Just don't worry about it. She can be weird sometimes." I nod from the words, choosing to push the thoughts to the side for now. "I really need some more sleep."

"Well I'm going to finish this and I'll be in there in a while."

"Okay," he murmurs, reaching for my chin and pressing his lips to mine once more. "Did I tell you, you look really hot in my shirt?" He breaths against my cheek.

"Go," I demand, and he does but not without another peck. Then he's gone back to his room as I slide back down to floor with a head full of thoughts.

***

I have to kick on the door to aware someone that I've arrived since my hands are carrying two boxes of meat lovers pizza and three films in the other. The night has engulfed the area, only the street lights provide a light source as I stand outside of Brit and Brandy's home. The driveway is filled with two cars, and I assume that the twins parents are gone for the night, but at least I see Jess' car parked on the pavement.

The door suddenly opens and I'm blinded by the hallway light that shines in my face. When I quickly adjust, I can make out Brit standing in the doorway, smiling.

I grin back, holding up the three movies I got, "The Vow, Psycho, or Marley and Me?"

+++++

Hello lovelys!

Another update that I wrote last night but couldn't update. SORRY! DON'T JUDGE

Anyways this is more of a filler but it's still something. What do you want to happen next???

-A xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 913 32
It was the summer that you'll never forget. You met a boy and his name was Harry Styles. You fall in love with. He everything you look for in...
190K 10.8K 13
[COMPLETED] You never know what you have until you are about to lose it.
14.1K 820 96
I enjoy the silence. Its so loud in my life now... THIS STORY CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT, VOLIENCE , BLOOD AND SUICIDE TALK. AND SEXUAL ASSAULT TALKS W...
51.7K 1.3K 36
Marielle was scared of him, but Harry was only scared of losing her. *DISCLAIMER: This story contains a lot of domestic abuse, violence and swearing...