I Choose You - A Grey's Anato...

By bonniegreyfics

Amelia Shepherd is dating Owen Hunt. She is focused on her work more than anything. But what happens when she... More

Chapter 1: Out Of The Blue
Chapter 2: Crappy Parents
Chapter 3: Guess Who Is Awake
Chapter 4: Susan Calls
Chapter 5: Friends
Chapter 6: Chaotic
Chapter 7: In Too Deep
Chapter 8: Visitors
Chapter 9: Do Something
Chapter 10: Discharged
Chapter 11: At Home
Chapter 12: She's Back
Chapter 13: ORs
Chapter 15: Meryl
Chapter 16: Foster Mother
Chapter 17: Okay
Chapter 18: Open Your Eyes
Chapter 19: Owen
Chapter 20: Good And Bad
Chapter 21: In Her Arms
Chapter 22: How About Forever
Chapter 23: Work
Chapter 24: Questions And Answers
Chapter 25: Zola
Chapter 26: Boyfriend
Chapter 27: Out
Chapter 28: A Good Home
Chapter 29: Understanding
Chapter 30: First Night Home
Chapter 31: Lynn, The Nanny
Chapter 32: Scared
Chapter 33: The Perfect School
Chapter 34: Sweet Miss Jay
Chapter 35: Check-Ups
Chapter 36: Meetings With The Judge
Chapter 37: Mommy
Chapter 38: A Second Mother
Chapter 39: Date Night
Chapter 40: Great Days
Chapter 41: Family Outings?
Chapter 42: Lets Go Slow
Chapter 43: First Day Of School
Chapter 44: A Quick Stop At The Hospital
Chapter 45: Lets Try Again
Chapter 46: It's Official
Chapter 47: Brave Cookie
Chapter 48: Days Like This
Chapter 49: At The Movies
Chapter 50: The Day After
Chapter 51: Back At Work
Chapter 52: Will I See You Tonight?
Chapter 53: Kidnapped
Chapter 54: Mommy Please Come
Chapter 55: Do We Have A Plan?
Chapter 56: Changes
Chapter 57: Shots Fired
Chapter 58: Gone
Chapter 59: Fixing Things
Chapter 60: And There She Was

Chapter 14: No More Hiding

5.1K 103 24
By bonniegreyfics

"I wanna take her home" Amelia said.

"What?" Owen asked confused.

"I'll take her home. I'll adopt her" Amelia said finally realizing what she had really felt since the first time she saw Olivia.

That was her daughter.

"Amelia you're not thinking this thru. You can't just adopt someone like that." Owen said.

"Yes I can. Derek did." Amelia said and her heart ached as she mentioned her brother. "And you said she'll get sent to another family. I can be that family. I want to be that family" Amelia said.

"I don't think this is a good idea Amelia. She's been through a lot. You can't jus-" he said but she cut him off.

"I'm not asking what you think Dr. Hunt." Amelia said serious.

"Amelia, I just..." He said and she just kept looking at him. She could see she had hurt his feelings.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked.

"More than anything else in my life" she said staring at the child.

"So do it" he said and smiled at her.

He truly didn't think she should, but he knew the woman. He knew that no matter what he said she wouldn't change her mind.

"I gotta go back now" he said and left.

Amelia felt bad she treated him like that but all she cared about at the moment was that little girl who was all alone and scared.

She knew she was doing the right thing.

She wanted to be Olivia's mother more than anything else.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

Rose James, the social worker was sent back to the hospital to work with the girls. She was feeling horrible. She felt like she was somehow to blame because she was unable to take Olivia away from them. But she knew that was the job and sometimes things like that happened and what she had to do now was talk to Susan and hopefully soon with Olivia to find out what exactly happened and put those people behind bars and far away from the little girl.

"She's still in the waiting room." Owen Hunt told Rose.

"She wanted to go in to see Olivia but you know, she needs to go to a room first." Alex Karev said.

"Okay" Rose said and went to the waiting room.

.

When she got there she found Susan going through a magazine but only looking at the pictures.

"Hi" Rose said.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know this could happen. I should have ..." Susan said and was unable to finish as the tears started to roll.

"She's going to be okay Susan" Rose said. "It's not your fault"

"Yes it is. It is. I should have told you the truth." She cried.

"Susan. What they did is on them. You are a victim here too sweetheart. You were scared" Rose said holding the girl's hand as Susan kept crying. "It's not your fault" she repeated and hugged the girl.

.

After Susan calmed a bit down Rose asked her to explain what happened.

"Yesterday she ran into a sidetable and broke a vase my grandpa had given to my mom. My mom got really upset and she spanked her... But I made her stop" Susan said and let out a deep breath. "But today they went out and Olivia went to their room and used the phone" she said.

"Who was she calling to?" Rose asked.

"I'm not sure. It was all too fast. Dad walked back and went to get his wallet and he caught her there" Susan said.

"She wasn't supposed to use the phone?" Rose asked.

"No. They don't allow us to" Susan said. "I have my own but" she added.

"So what happened after that?"

"Um.. He took her to the living room and my mom was there and he said she was on the phone and he hit her with his belt. I tried to stop him. I really tried but he hit me too and ... I really tried to stop him Rose" Susan said barely able to finish. Rose kept holding the teen's hand and moving her thumb on the top, trying to comfort the teen somehow.

"And then what happened honey?" Rose asked.

"He took her to the bedroom" Susan said. "He was going to .. Um.." She said not finishing it.

"Was he going to ...?" Rose started but as she imagined that man doing that to that little girl she couldn't say it.

"Yeah" Susan said. "He did to me. He tried with her before but I stopped him" Susan said.

"Did you take her place?" Rose asked horrified but fighting to keep her composure. Susan nodded yes.

"I couldn't let him do that to her. She's just a baby" Susan said.

"You are so brave. You saved her. So many times Susan. Including now" Rose said.

"I don't know if he... I just heard her screaming and I don't know" she said really fast.

"He didn't." Rose said. "He didn't rape her" Rose said finally able to say the term. The doctors had done every test possible to make sure of that.

Susan looked relieved.

"When I got there she was out. I begged him to stop and he panicked and left. He just couldn't control himself. I could see when he realized what he had done" Susan said.

"Did your mom do anything?" Rose asked.

"No" Susan said. "She just stood there and when she saw Olivia on the bed like that she froze. She just.." She said.

"And when they left you called here?" Rose asked.

"Yeah." Susan said.

"You did very good Susan. Very good" Rose said.

"Can you fill that little test for me again?" She asked and the girl nodded yes.

Susan filled it and was honest in every question.

Rose told her they would let her see Olivia as soon as the child was taken to a room. Then she left to find Owen.

She explained to him and Alex what had happened and they were both horrified.

Owen new he had to tell everything to Amelia. She had the right to know.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

Owen walked in to find Amelia on her spot, the chair next to the bed, holding Olivia's hand. It looked like she hadn't move an inch since he left.

"Amelia." He said and the woman looked at him. "Rose talked to Susan" he said.

"And?" Amelia said.

"Sean sexually abused Susan" Owen said.

Amelia's eyes opened wide.

"What about Olivia? Did he..?" She asked already crying and raging. She stood up.

"No. No he didn't. Susan protected the girl" Owen said putting a hand on Amelia's shoulder and the woman sat down again.

"And how did this happen?" Amelia asked taking her hand to her head and looking at the girl on the bed.

"Cecilia hit her yesterday and this morning they found her on the phone. Sean got mad and he lost it" Owen said.

"I told her to" Amelia said feeling horrible.

"What?" Owen asked kneeing down in front of her.

"I gave her my number Owen." She said fighting her tears. "I told if she needed help to call. I taught her how to call" Amelia said. And Owen noticed how guilty she was feeling.

"Hey! No! Amelia. This is not your fault." He said.

"If I hadn't.." She cried and he got up and hugged her.

"This isn't your fault. They did this. Not you. You hear me? It was them." He said as the woman cried in his arms. "Olivia is a tough girl. She'll make it. You'll see" he said and Amelia let go of him and started wiping her face.

"Look at me" Owen said and Amelia stared into his eyes.

"It was NOT your fault" he said and she nodded. He went to hug her again and she kissed him.

He stood up and said "you need to be strong" and she nodded.

"Your girl will need you strong" he added smiling.

Amelia managed a little smile back and he walked out.

Amelia took Olivia's hand on hers again and whispered "I'm sorry".

He heart ached as she sat there staring at the little girl on the bed with so many wires and tubes everywhere.

She wished she could have done more.

And now she wanted to just hold her.

Just hold her and make everything okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 1.5K 68
Amelia and Owen are now ex's. They still have feelings for each other, but don't know how to express it. Amelia has been sleeping with a new doctor a...
78.2K 2K 24
Y/N is a pediatric surgeon working in a hospital in New York. After her sister's death, she quits her job and goes to her home city - Seattle to reun...
41.8K 865 43
After Owen's choice,Amelia tries to rebuilt her own life. What is going to happen when dr Licoln comes around?
62.8K 2.7K 104
Hi guys! I've gotten a few requests to write a book like this so I hope you guys like this! A little girls comes into the hospital week after week af...