The Crescent

Von smammmers

I’m a rogue, what can I say? Born into the Crescent Pack, my parents disowned me, convincing the Alpha to ba... Mehr

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1, Another Day of Hell
Chapter 2, Rogue vs Rogues
Chapter 3, Alpha Cody
Chapter 4, Cake For Breakfast!
Chapter 5, Part of a Pack
Chapter 6, The Happenings of Yellowknife
Chapter 7, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock
Chapter 8, Deal With The Devil
Chapter 9, Meet The Parents
Chapter 10, The Strange Stench
Chapter 11, Claimed
Chapter 12, Forced Meeting With The Parents
Chapter 13, Another White Wolf
Chapter 14, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock
Chapter 15, Halo vs Need For Speed
Chapter 16, Night On The Town
Chapter 17, Kidnapped
Chapter 18, It's War Then!
Chapter 19, Vera vs Dingo
Chapter 20, An Uptight Pack
Chapter 21, Cell Buddies
Chapter 22, Prison Riot
Chapter 23, The Official Meeting
Chapter 24, Coming Home
Chapter 25, Rocky The Flying Squirrel
Chapter 26, Facing Reality
Chapter 27, The Tenacious Beta
Chapter 28, Dead White Wolf
Chapter 29, An Interesting Day
Chapter 30, Day On The Town
Chapter 31, Mates
Chapter 32, Official Luna
Chapter 34, Putting On My Game Face
Chapter 35, The War Is On!
Chapter 36, Post War Meetings
Chapter 37, Chasing Gerald
Chapter 38, The Human Colony
Chapter 39, Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 40, Still Alive
Chapter 41, Coming to Terms
Chapter 42, Just a Sip
Epilogue
Sequel and Author's Note

Chapter 33, Home Again.....

27.1K 882 57
Von smammmers

Chapter 33

Charlie’s arm leaning on the doorframe, he didn’t look like he planned on moving anytime soon.

Cody chose now to push into him, Charlie soon being barged out of the way as Cody walked past him into the house.

Cody didn’t seem to waste any time scanning the area, his eyes looking around the parts of the house, he could see from the doorway before turning back to Charlie.

‘There’s been no disturbances since we’ve been gone Beta’?

Charlie still looking at me, his face now telling me I had nowhere to hide, he stepped out of the way to let me in as he walked over to Cody.

‘Actually, there was something……………..’

Cody’s whole face now scrunching up, the anger boiling in his veins; Charlie held his hands up in defence as he began to explain.

‘I’m sorry; I didn’t think it was important’.

Cody now walked over to stand directly in front of Charlie as I slipped through the doorway, making my way over to the lounge to be the first to play the Xbox.

Charlie and Cody continued bickering behind me like a bunch of teenage girls.

‘What do you mean, he’s gone!  You were supposed to bring him to me if he was found here; why is that one simple task so hard’!

Cody would stab his finger into Charlie’s chest, Charlie hesitating every so often, his eyes telling me he really didn’t want to spill what he had to say.

I was actually kind of enjoying watching Charlie getting scolded as Cody ripped into him for disobeying him about who knows what, that little bit of information they had kept to themselves with their annoying mind link.

Cod pinned Charlie to the wall as Charlie seemed to simply be held there, not even trying to break out of his Alpha’s hold.

A swift punch connecting with Charlie’s jaw as Cody let him fall, his back now resting against the wall as he didn’t dare say a word, whilst Cody looked like he was ready to rip his hair out.

‘I’m going out; watch Vera for me and DO NOT let her outside’!

Cody looked over to me, his eyes looking sympathetic as he walked over to the front door, his hand curling around the knob as his eyes bore into mine.

‘I’m sorry Vera, I know we just got back; there is something I have to do, I’ll see this afternoon’.

Ducking out just as fast as he’d came in, I didn’t even realise as I let out a sigh, my wolf obviously expecting some sort of romantic day with Cody.

Turning now to take the controller in my hands, Charlie had been playing Need for Speed and racing the police actually sounded like something I wanted to do right now.

Hitting the start button, my car immediately slammed into the gutter rail as a pursuit car followed my action, his bulbar connecting with my back bumper and pushing my car a couple of metres along the rail.

Holding the button flat as my car soon jumped up its gears again, Charlie came over and sat down next to me; his hand holding his jaw as he slumped down on the couch, his eyes still having that knowing look like he wanted to know everything.

‘So Vera, please do tell……….’

Not even looking at Charlie, maybe I could strike a bargain and here and knowing Charlie, he would agree because he was always a desperate gossip mongrel that wanted to know everything.

‘I’ll tell you if you tell me what you were just arguing with Cody about’.

A loud groan sounded in the room, poor Charlie probably feeling both the pain in his jaw and getting annoyed that he had to strike a bargain with me.

‘Really Vera, Cody told me not to tell you; that’s so cheating’!

‘Well then I’m so not telling you what you want then Charlie’!

Charlie didn’t like my mocking tone or how confident I seemed about the subject.  He scooted a little closer, like he was taming a caged lion.

‘Please Vera’

‘No’

Minutes passed with the only sound being the sirens coming from the Need for Speed game; the police throwing all they had at me as my car flew through their blockade doing at least 200km/hr.

Snickering as I listened to their radio commands, Charlie apparently didn’t want to give up as he spat out what I wanted to know.

‘Gerald was here last night’.

Pausing the game as I looked over curiously at Charlie, he looked ashamed that he’d just betrayed his Alpha.

Why would Gerald have come here anyways, it wasn’t like I’d go willing with him again; the guy was a psycho.

‘And…..’

Charlie’s words were only mumbled but I was listening hard to enough to know what he was saying; his low voice could probably be heard in the next room of a wolf listened hard enough.

‘He was seen on the border, heading towards this house but we saw him and he took off before we could even get close to him’.

Again why would that traitor come here?

‘What, was he coming to get his stuff or something; if he lived here so long, just walking in here doesn’t sound like the smartest approach’?

Charlie shook his head, he must have already figured out why he must have come.

‘I think he was coming for you actually Vera, I’m just yet to work out why he would try when you’ll be in the land next door in only a few nights’.

Thinking, that was a pretty stupid plan, surely Gerald had some other motive we didn’t know about.

‘Maybe he missed his old pack’?

Charlie laughed at me, a small smile creeping onto his face; ‘this isn’t some spy movie Vera; it doesn’t matter now anyways because he’s gone, so now do tell me…………’

Sighing, I should have known Charlie would want to know everything.

‘I was talking with his Mother Helen and she asked me to be a little…nicer to Cody so I did and that’s it, it went from there’.

‘What!  You left out all the good parts; I thought we had a deal’!

Shaking my head, I went back to my game as I skidded around the sharp bend, the police car ploughing past me into another guard rail.

‘Your loss Charlie; never trust Vera, you should know that by now’.

Beginning to laugh hysterically, Charlie resorted to trying to pull the controller away from me.  My hand managing to duck out of his grasp, each and every time he had though he could outsmart me.

‘Vera; give me the controller’!

Kicking Charlie as he got too close, Charlie’s body fell to the ground; his body only sitting there for milliseconds as he lunged at me, my back now pinned against the couch as Charlie was leaning over me, his knee stuck in my rib.

‘You know for a Beta, you’re actually really fat and heavy’!

I’m assuming Charlie didn’t like my comment, his knee digging further into my chest as his hands pulled at mine in which the controller was tangled in.

‘You’re being awfully smart for someone who is pinned down you know; you reek so much of Cody, did you even shower this morning’!

That was seriously not funny!  Using all my body weight to hang onto the controller, it would most likely break in half at any minute as I waited for Charlie to get a fairly good grip on it before letting go and seeing him tumble off the lounge.

Chuckling as I got up to my sitting position, Charlie was rubbing his butt like the fall had actually hurt when really we all knew it didn’t.

‘Why are you so mean Vera, you’re supposed to be the Luna, you know the nice leader of the two’?

Oh if only that were true, Charlie was just been a sore loser because he couldn’t get the controller off a girl.

‘You’re just jealous Charlie; you wish you were Luna’.

A weird noise echoed around the room as Charlie looked back at me.

‘Are you implying I’m gay or something’?

Charlie was definitely offended way too easy; he was completely focused, waiting for me to say the next word like his life depended on it.

‘Eeeer, let’s go with the or something then’.

 Going back to his game, I just sat there quietly watching, Charlie still sitting on the floor in front of the couch; his eyes glued to the screen like some gamer.

True to him, Charlie was really good at this game and every other I’d seen him play…. But I wasn’t about to compliment him; Charlie never complimented me after all.

I must have been watching him for a few hours as I heard the front door creak open soon after, a much calmer Cody walking through the door, his eyes meeting mine as he stepped through.

Gesturing for me to follow, Cody didn’t mutter a word; Charlie not even looking up obviously knowing it was his Alpha who had entered as I looked between them, frustrated there were having another secret conversation.

Getting to my feet, as I angled my arm, jumping over the back of the couch; I walked over to Cody, his hands instantly grabbing hold of me and pulling me to his waist like I was his property.

‘Do you really need to be so forceful Cody’?

Cody’s expression softened, hearing my words as he gave me a little more breathing room; my body not stuck to his anymore, my ability to actually put centimetres between us returned.

The gentle smile on Cody’s face was like a postcard sent from him after a long trip away; his simple expression telling me he was so grateful to see me again; even though it’d been what three hours maybe.

Pulling me along, Cody walked up the stairs, my wolf already knowing where we were headed as Cody stopped at his door; his free hand taking hold as he pushed the door open to reveal the stale smelling room from no one coming in for the past twelve hours.

Walking over and sitting down on Cody’s bed; his arm slung around me had him following eagerly as we sat down, his lips pressing against my head, planting a simple kiss in my hair.

‘I’m so sorry I had to go Vera; I just want to keep you and my pack safe’.

‘I know Cody, you’re Alpha and all that; I got that message when I first come here remember’.

His other arm now holding me close to him; Cody had swung himself around so he was now facing me; his legs bent so they could stretch out off the side of the bed, whilst I still sat awkwardly with my legs touching the carpet.

‘Now that we’re mates and all, do you think you could tell me a little more about you Vera; all I’ve found out hasn’t even come from your mouth’.

Cody must have thought becoming his mate meant I could deny anything he asked me, his hand now stroking the side of my arm as he spoke.

‘Cody, I don’t want you to judge me for what happened years ago; like you say, I may have changed’.

Nodding as he absorbed what I’d said, Cody still looked keen to find out more.

‘What did you do in your old pack if you didn’t cook, because we both know you cannot cook’?

Scoffing, Cody just had to bring that into this.  If I wanted to cook, I would have cooked, just because I couldn’t make all this fancy food like him didn’t mean I couldn’t survive.

‘I helped my Dad run a sheep farm, rather…..unsuccessfully you could say; my brother criticized me more for eating the sheep than actually helping them’.

Cody definitely didn’t look surprised by what I’d just told him.  I suppose I had been just a little too wild for my family.

‘You’ve never mentioned your brother before’.

Halting my thoughts the moment Cody pointed it out, my brother was a touchy subject but nowhere near as hard to talk about as my Dad; he was just a Beta with a drinking problem.

‘His name was Sebastian but we all called him Dingo; the family joke was that his fur matched the colour of a dairy chocolate bar’.

Chuckling at my last accusation; Cody seemed interested to know more about Dingo like talking about someone he thought was dead really mattered.

‘Do you miss him’?

Did I miss Dingo?  I didn’t even know the answer to that; after all he’d try to kill me only a couple of days ago so maybe the feeling was mutual.

‘I guess I do, he was really the only one I spoke to after my coming of age; my parents didn’t really take any interest in me’.

‘What happened when you shifted the first time; you now know my embarrassing tale that my Mother tells everyone she befriends, I’m assuming yours isn’t so funny’?

Shaking my head; I began to tell the story of how I was simply sleeping, having the worst nightmares imaginable as I soon woke up to realise I had shifted and I had torn up the majority of the things I owned in my room.

My Mother was so excited I was a white wolf like her but at the same time disappointed at what I had done.

‘I should have known Vera; everywhere you go you leave a trail of anger and destruction, from the moment you shifted, you’d already started your trend’.

‘Hey, what’s that supposed to mean; I wasn’t that bad’!

Letting go of me about to defend himself as I began throwing my pathetic punches at Cody; I didn’t get why he was so happy I was trying to beat him up.

‘You’re doing it right now Vera’!

Stopping my punches, I got up from the bed; my stomach growling furiously that I had missed breakfast and was now on the verge of missing lunch.

‘You eat so much Vera; how do you stay so thin’!

Looking at Cody, I poked out my tongue; racing for the door, only to be tackled to the ground by the one and only Alpha.

‘Cody, you’re heavier than Charlie, you’re squashing my kidneys’.

‘Really, your kidneys?  Is that the best organ you can come up with, what about the others that actually keep you alive’.

Giving up my fight, Cody got off my quickly; dragging me by my arms to my feet as he opened the door, kicking me out first; my body slamming into the wall opposite.

‘What the hell is wrong with you’!

Cody had already burst out laughing at how easily he had just planted me into the opposite wall.

‘I see why you enjoy messing with people, it is actually quite amusing’.

Snorting as deep breaths left my nostrils; the feeling making me wish I could breathe fire; I lunged at Cody, his body automatically darting for the staircase as I following in suite.

Getting to the stairs, Cody was quicker than I thought hopping down every second one as I slid down the railing on my stomach; my body falling to the ground at the bottom like I had just failed at skiing.

‘Are stairs too boring for you now, Vera’?

Nodding my head as I lay on the ground; sensing Charlie standing near me, looking at me like I was an idiot, I banging my skull once against the floor boards; earning a chuckle from Charlie.

‘No wonder you are so annoying Vera; you kill your brain cells for fun’.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

29.2K 694 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
1.8M 46.1K 36
My whole life has literally sucked. My mom cheated on my dad when I was 11 and then both my dad and I moved out. My name is Chloe and I'm 16 years ol...
1.3M 43.7K 35
My memories always haunt me. And they never cease. They come back when I hear a simple howl at night. I wish they would just disapear, like how I ma...
2M 48K 26
I stopped running as i entered a clearing, sitting back on my haunches when suddenly i smelled the most amazing scent. "MATE" my wolf screamed at me...