I Choose You - A Grey's Anato...

By bonniegreyfics

Amelia Shepherd is dating Owen Hunt. She is focused on her work more than anything. But what happens when she... More

Chapter 1: Out Of The Blue
Chapter 2: Crappy Parents
Chapter 4: Susan Calls
Chapter 5: Friends
Chapter 6: Chaotic
Chapter 7: In Too Deep
Chapter 8: Visitors
Chapter 9: Do Something
Chapter 10: Discharged
Chapter 11: At Home
Chapter 12: She's Back
Chapter 13: ORs
Chapter 14: No More Hiding
Chapter 15: Meryl
Chapter 16: Foster Mother
Chapter 17: Okay
Chapter 18: Open Your Eyes
Chapter 19: Owen
Chapter 20: Good And Bad
Chapter 21: In Her Arms
Chapter 22: How About Forever
Chapter 23: Work
Chapter 24: Questions And Answers
Chapter 25: Zola
Chapter 26: Boyfriend
Chapter 27: Out
Chapter 28: A Good Home
Chapter 29: Understanding
Chapter 30: First Night Home
Chapter 31: Lynn, The Nanny
Chapter 32: Scared
Chapter 33: The Perfect School
Chapter 34: Sweet Miss Jay
Chapter 35: Check-Ups
Chapter 36: Meetings With The Judge
Chapter 37: Mommy
Chapter 38: A Second Mother
Chapter 39: Date Night
Chapter 40: Great Days
Chapter 41: Family Outings?
Chapter 42: Lets Go Slow
Chapter 43: First Day Of School
Chapter 44: A Quick Stop At The Hospital
Chapter 45: Lets Try Again
Chapter 46: It's Official
Chapter 47: Brave Cookie
Chapter 48: Days Like This
Chapter 49: At The Movies
Chapter 50: The Day After
Chapter 51: Back At Work
Chapter 52: Will I See You Tonight?
Chapter 53: Kidnapped
Chapter 54: Mommy Please Come
Chapter 55: Do We Have A Plan?
Chapter 56: Changes
Chapter 57: Shots Fired
Chapter 58: Gone
Chapter 59: Fixing Things
Chapter 60: And There She Was

Chapter 3: Guess Who Is Awake

8K 146 3
By bonniegreyfics

"Have you seen Dr. Shepherd?" Owen asked to another nurse since the last 5 couldn't answer.

"She's at the cafeteria" Nurse Maria said and Owen ran there.

He found her sitting on a bench with a coffee cup in hands.

"What happened there?" Owen asked her.

"Nothing happened" she said stubborn as always.

"Amelia. What's going on? We can accuse anyone like that. You know that right?" He said.

"I know" she said looking upset.

"What's going on?" He asked again.

"It's just... She just so little." She said as her voice got thick. She didn't knew why she was feeling that horrible. "She's been through so much and she's not even 5 yet. And she's stuck with them" Amelia said.

"I asked Susan to try to find out if they gave her the medicine or not. Because if they did, than we have an entire different case here." Owen said and Amelia looked serious.

"We'll stand up for her don't worry" Owen told her.

..

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

..

Dr. Edwards was sitting at the small couch on the room just staring at sleeping Olivia when the young girl started to move a little bit. Stephanie stayed still and didn't make a sound trying not to wake the child. She had given Olivia 2 injections of glucagon in the last hour. Both on her legs. She had to rotate around legs, belly and bum, so it wouldn't get too sore.

Suddenly the little girl opened her eyes.

The bright light made her head hurt really bad and she got really scared so she started crying.

"Hey it's okay" dr. Edwards said getting close to the bed which just made the girl cry more.

"Hi. I'm Dr. Edwards. You're in the hospital honey. It's okay" she said and the girl sat up and kept crying and looking around the room, her eyes in panic. She also felt dizzy but she didn't know what dizzy was.

Suddenly Amelia appeared at the door.

"What happened?" She asked confused.

"She just woke up" Dr. Edwards said.

"Hey honey. It's okay." Amelia said getting close to the bed but Olivia kept crying. "It's me. Remember me?" She said and placed her hand on the girl's hand and Olivia moved away.

"It's okay Olivia. I won't hurt you" Amelia said.

"Look I'm Dr. Shepherd but can call me Amelia okay?" She said.

"Au" Olivia cried taking one hand and placing on her forehead. The tone in her voice broke Amelia's heart.

"Where does it hurt honey?" Amelia asked.

Olivia's breathing was getting faster and Amelia didn't want to sedate the child again so she decided to try calming the girl down.

"Where does it hurt? You can tell me" Amelia said and the girl shook her head no.

"We just want to help sweetie. Maybe we can make the pain stop" Amelia said. Olivia was crying a bit less now as she payed attention to what Amelia was saying.

"Does your arm hurt?" Amelia asked just to start somewhere and the girl said no.

"What about your head?" She asked.

"Yeah" Olivia said and started crying again. "And my tummy too" she added.

"We can give you some medicine to drink to make that go away huh? Would you like that?" Amelia asked softly and Olivia nodded yes.

"Okay." Amelia smiled. "Dr. Edwards give me the same you did earlier please" Amelia said and placed her hand over Olivia's and this time the girl let it so Amelia smiled at her.

"Here. can you drink this for me? It will just make you a little sleepy later okay?" Amelia asked the little girl , who nodded and drank. Olivia made a face of disgust and Amelia laughed.

"It doesn't taste very good?" She asked and the girl shook her head no. "How about some water?" Amelia asked and Olivia nodded.

Dr. Edwards poured some and took to the child who drank slowly and laid back down.

"Oh! Susan ask me to give you this" Stephanie said getting the blanket on the couch and handing it to the girl.

Olivia grabbed and hugged it tight.

"Do you sleep with that?" Amelia asked, always smiling, and Olivia nodded.

"Wanna try to get some sleep then?" Shepherd asked and the girl shook her head no. Amelia noticed she didn't talk much and she also didn't ask for her parents. Not once.

Olivia laid back down and Dr. Edwards turned the tv on and put on a cartoon. The small child placed the blanket close to her ear and face and started sucking her thumb and trying to hide it on the blanket. She was silently crying now.

"Hey. You don't have to hide" Amelia said smiling and Olivia got a little embarrassed.

"Can you lay with me?" Olivia asked with a voice so sweet that Amelia's heart melted.

"Of course I can" Amelia said happily and laid on the bed snuggling the little girl who hid her face on Amelia's belly. Amelia soothed Olivia's hair till the little girl was fast asleep again.

..

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

..

Olivia slept for almost two hours. She had glucagon injections 3 times and only woke up once. She wasn't really awake though. She threatened to cry but Amelia hugged her tight and she went back to sleep.

When she woke up again it was from a nightmare.

"No please no" the little cry cried in her sleep. Amelia's heart sank at the sound of fear coming out of that little child. She hugged the girl tighter and Olivia pulled away waking up.

"No" she screamed out and tried pulling Amelia away with all the strength she had.

"It's okay. It's me Amelia. It's alright" Amelia said trying to hug the crying child again.

"Don't hurt me" Olivia cried.

"I won't hurt you Liv I promise" Amelia said. "Come here" She said and picked the girl up.

Olivia laid her head on Amelia's shoulder and started sucking her thumb again and the doctor kept moving trying to rock the girl a little in order for her to calm down. Amelia picked the blanket up and handed to Olivia who covered her face with it.

"Let's sit down a little" Amelia said and sat on the couch wheeling the IV bag with her. She placed the girl on her lap and Olivia just kept starting at her with tears streaming down her pale cheeks.

"Are you okay?" Amelia asked and the girl nodded yes.

"Do you wanna go for a walk with me?" She asked the child who shyly shook her head no.

"You don't have to walk I'll carry you." Amelia said. "How about that huh?"

Olivia nodded yes and Amelia got up with the girl in her arms. Olivia hid her face on Amelia's neck and kept sucking her thumb as they walked around the hospital. She was shy and didn't know how she felt about Amelia but she was also scared. She didn't want to be alone and she thought Amelia was nice.

..

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

..

Dr. Edwards had left Olivia's room about 20 minutes after the girl fell asleep. She could noticed Dr Shepherd cared a lot about the girl. She knew Amelia always cared about her patients but she could see with Olivia it was different.

Stephanie was working on a patient's chart when Owen appeared.

"Is Dr. Wilson with the girl?" Owen asked. He had been specific about who he wanted to stay with the child.

"Dr. Shepherd is Sir" dr. Edwards said and he looked a bit surprised.

"Well you can come with me. I got some news from Susan" Owen said and they started walking to Olivia's room.

When they got there the woman and the girl was gone. Owen got a nurse that was outside and asked where they were and she told him Amelia took the girl for a walk. He looked surprise Amelia was doing that.

"So?" Edwards asked.

"She took Olivia for a walk" he said and Stephanie looked surprised too.

"Is it only me or she's somehow so attached to this girl?" Stephanie asked.

"It's not only you" Owen said smiling but unable to hide he was worried too and they walked out to look for them.

..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 977 70
Amelia Shepherd is living in Seattle, Washington with her brother Derek Shepherd. She has many friends and is fresh out of a relationship with Owen H...
86.4K 1.4K 26
Emma Logan-Hunt is seventeen-years-old. One day, she turns up at Grey-Sloan Memorial with a cut to her head and a secret that will rock one of the do...
44.6K 1.6K 9
Mark Sloan was doing great, he'd just brought an apartment which he was in the process of convincing the love of his life to move into with him. And...
84.2K 2.1K 24
Y/N is a pediatric surgeon working in a hospital in New York. After her sister's death, she quits her job and goes to her home city - Seattle to reun...