when we collide ✰ l.h.

By fluffycashton

"Why is green your favorite color?" "Because it's the color of your eyes." Long time best friends, Luke and A... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
SORRY
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Wherever You Are (Sequel)

Chapter 3

525K 9.8K 11.4K
By fluffycashton

"Shit!" Luke shouted as he stumbled through my front door. Our giggles followed his words as we finally returned home and out of the swarmed streets. My arms were sore from the amount of bags I had on my arms and since Luke had a bag or two more, I could guess that his were too.

I dropped my things right by the door and trudged to the couch, flopping down after being on my feet for nearly 6 hours. No matter how much I loved the city, it never failed to tire me out. I watched Luke repeat my actions and fall into the other side of the couch.

"I'm cold and I can barely feel my arms and legs, but that was definitely worth it." I said playfully as I sat up to let him into my view. He was completely sprawled out, letting his long legs rest over mine.

"That was definitely needed too." He took off his beanie, raking his hand through his messy hair. "I forgot how much I actually enjoyed spending time with you." He chuckled, readjusting the hat over his hair.

"We live together!" I exclaimed as he sat up straight. "I think we spend enough time together." He stared at me for a moment, letting silence fill the room.

"Not like an actual day though." He explained as he stretched his arms over his head. "You're usually out with Ellis." He mumbled. I faintly rolled my eyes and smiled at his words.

"Don't tell me you're jealous." I crossed my arms over my chest, forcing back my grin.

"I'm not!" He immediately shot back. His hand moved to the back of his neck, rubbing it somewhat awkwardly. "How about we have a movie night? Just like the ones we had at your house last summer." He suggested.

"Well," I began, checking the time on my phone. "It's nearly 8 o'clock. I've got the morning shift tomorrow, so we can watch about..." I tried processing the movie lengths and my sleeping schedule in my head, but Luke had done it for me.

"Three. We can watch about three." He smiled lightly at me, knowing his ability to do quick mental math always amused me.

"Right." I nodded at him once. "I'm changing so you get the food I'll get the blankets and pillows and stuff, sound good?" I offered as I stood up. He gave me a simple thumbs up and headed off towards the kitchen.

Basically where this whole idea began was the summer into our senior year of high school. My parents were gone for the night and being the huge losers that Luke and I are, we decided not to throw a huge house party, but to build a fort and watch our favorite movies until 4 in the morning. We hadn't done it once sine we moved in here, so tonight was a perfect night for it.

I had changed into a pair of fleece pajama pants and a loose tanktop, finally warming up a bit. As I was pulling blankets from my bed and from the basket full in my room, I could smell the popcorn and hot chocolate coming from the kitchen, definitely Luke's favorite comfort foods.

I wasn't planning on making a fort, but rather just a big palette on the floor so I had a few blankets slung over my arms. I followed the smell into the living room and let the blankets fall to the floor so I could help him bring the bowls and cups into the room. He had already changed into sweatpants and a hoodie, I was always confused as to how he got changed so quickly. Once we had successfully carried them in, I had noticed his previous clothes scattered across the arm rest of the couch.

"What the hell?" I asked, gesturing towards the jeans and t-shirt as I gave him a glare.

"What?" He said through a mouthful of popcorn.

"This is not your room." I scolded. "Take your clothes and put them in your laundry basket." I ordered, laying out the blankets flat on the floor. He put his hands up as if he was taken back by my words. He had left for just a moment and hurried back in to help with the palette.

"I've already picked out the movies." He said as he bent down, smoothing down the edge of the last layer of blankets. I threw the last pillows down and put a hand on my hip, giving him a glare.

"Do I not get to-"

"Nope." He stated, popping the P. He looked up at me once and smirked at my stance and attitude. "Here." Before I could ask what he was giving me, there we already two more pillows being thrown at my face. My bangs fell down, making a curtain over my eyes. All I heard were his laugh before the loud opening titles from the movie he had picked came on. I pushed my hair from my face, watching the familiar opening scene with a growing smile.

"Sinister?" I questioned, looking down to him.

"Of course." He was already sitting down on the blankets and tugging at my arm to join him. I quickly sat down next to him, grabbing a pillow behind me and putting it in my lap.

I loved horror movies. I was just straight up in love with them. I hated them as a kid, but over the years they grew on me and now I find myself only wanting to watch them. Sinister had been one of my favorites, it wasn't too scary, but it was enough. This was also another interest Luke and I had shared, that's why movie nights were always the best. He hadn't seen this one yet and I know he's been bugging me about it to watch it, but we hadn't found them time to actually sit down and do it. Tonight was a good change for that.

"Wait, who's killing all of them?" We were only half way through the movie and he was already confused. I ignored his question and kept watching, cringing once at every gory scene. "What does that mean?" He asked once more.

"It means shut up." I grumbled at him, turning around since he was laying down and I was still sitting up. I twisted back around only to have his arm hook around my neck and dragged me down to the floor with him.

"What did you say?" He playfully asked. I tried to squirm out of his arm, but it was only bringing my closer to him.

"Luke!" I yelled, pretending that his arm was too tight around my neck. One of his legs wrapped around and caught mine, making it difficult to move. He brought his face closer to mine and lowered himself to my ear.

"What did you say?" He sing-songed into my ear. With every word he spoke, his lips brushed against my ear. I wanted to pull away, but with his grip on me I was unable to.

"I said I love you?" I choked out. I moved my head towards him just as he pulled away from my ear, making his lips drag across my jawline once. I jerked back from the touch and felt my cheeks warm up. Luckily for me, it was dark and he wasn't able to see my flushed face.

"That's what I thought." He quietly said, loosening his grip on me. I returned my attention back to the movie, forgetting about his childish ways. I couldn't keep my focus on the movie since all I could think about was the tingling feeling on my ear and jaw where his lips had been. I felt my breath hitch at the feeling of his fingers drawing patterns on my shoulder every once in a while.

I was so confused as to why I was so affected by it, I believed it was because no one besides Ellis had been that close to me in nearly 2 years. It was just something new, I guess. But nothing could compare to my boyfriend's touch, especially not my best friend. Luke shouldn't be the one making me feel timid.

Before I knew it, the ending credits were rolling and I was already feeling tired. I looked around for the remote, yet was unable to find it. I began to sit up in search for it, but was stopped by Luke once again.

"Don't get up." He whined. the glow from the TV made me able to see the pout on his face and I instantly gave in.

"You're such a child." I muttered, laying back down on the pillow next to him. He clung back into my side, nuzzling his head into my shoulder.

"I know." He grinned.

We went through the next movie in a breeze, and I had been surprised I hadn't passed out yet. After Luke moaning and groaning about me getting up to get our food, we were able to actually watch the movie this time and not be distracted. We watched with 'Grease', one of my favorite movies to this day. Luke wasn't very fond of it, but he watched it anyway for the soul purpose of making me happy.

"Can we watch something entertaining now?" He asked, flicking through the movies on Netflix. I looked over at him as he tugged his bottom lip between his teeth as it was something he always did when he was focusing on something. In all honesty, he pulled off the whole 'lip bite' thing without looking like a douche, it suited him.

"Uh, like what?" I said, pulling myself from my thoughts. He glanced over at me once, realizing that I was actually staring at him. Or rather his lips.

"What?" His eyes furrowed at the TV, but was more of a reaction towards me watching him. I quickly jerked my eyes from his mouth to the parts of his eyes I could see.

"Nothing." I innocently answered.

"Good, because for a second there it looked like you were about to pounce on me and make out with me." He smoothly said, picking a random movie from the ones shown with out asking me. He dropped the remote and looked over at me, giving me a cocky smile. I laughed as I shook my head at him, he always had the dumbest remarks to make.

No matter how innocent or polite he had made himself seem, there were the times where he was a complete boy and just let all that go down the drain. It was actually entertaining, though. It kept things interesting.

"Don't you think it's weird?" He questioned, completely ignoring the movie.

"What's weird?" I searched his face for any type of emotion, but he was completely blank.

"That we haven't kissed." His voice lowered, almost as if he was slightly embarrassed to even bring up the idea of us doing something more than friends would. I thought for a second before answering, seeing as you would think our friendship would end in some fairy tale love story by now, but it hasn't and probably never will.

"No." I hesitantly said, dragging on the 'O' a little longer than I wanted.

"Really?" He said in a poised manner.

"We're friends." I chuckled. "We aren't supposed to kiss each other." I pushed his shoulder once, making him sway away from me. He came right back and bumped into me, knocking me over to which he toppled over on me. My eyes were shut from the subtle impact, but once I opened my eyes again he was hovering right over me. He was staring right down at me, making sure that his eyes stayed connected with mine as he tilted his head lightly to the side.

"Are you implying that you're going to make a move on me?" I asked jokingly, not phased by how close we were. "Because I have a boyfriend, if you didn't know." I proclaimed. He rolled his eyes and crawled off me, lying back down where he was.

"Oh, I know you have a boyfriend." He snickered. I sat up in the process and picked up my mug off the table next to me, ignoring his comment. I turned my back to him and faced the TV to at least try to pay attention, but something about his fingertips slowly running over my lower back was driving me wild.

We were now laying down once again since it was over and we were starting to get tired. We changed positions to where I was nestled into his chest like usual. Our conversation was minimal and hushed, after all it was almost 2am. I yawned once, letting my whole body get chill bumps from the cool air.

"You're freezing, Autumn." He mumbled as he stopped running his fingers over my exposed shoulders. Before I could protest, he pulled back from me, tugging his own hoodie off him and handing it to me, exposing his bare chest. "Here." He stated, giving me a second before I took it in my own hands.

"Are you-"

"Just put it on." He sleepily said, cutting me off. I threw it over me and pulled it to my hips, lightly giggling at how big it was on me.

"It's a little big." I told him, pointing out the obvious.

"Everything I give to you is a little big." He brought me back to him, throwing a blanket back over us. "Goodnight, Primrose." I grumbled at his choice of name and could actually sense his stupid smile he probably has on.

"Goodnight." I sighed out, shutting my eyes and falling asleep to the heartbeat I had grown accustomed to.

This was a norm for us. Falling asleep next to each other after a long night of nothing, that's what best friend were for, right? Even when you're getting butterflies from the other, but they're not supposed to know that. So for now, it's nearly nonexistent. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 267 14
hello readers it my first story I hope you like
7.9M 156K 36
Makenzi Fox had it all. Perfect boyfriend, perfect grades, amazing friends, wonderful family. She was living the good life. When she was seventeen, s...
239K 10.8K 45
Where Minho falls for the soft looking bad boy,,,who just so happens to be his best friend's cousin... "Good boys take you to heaven, bad boys bring...
167K 4K 21
After crashing in 1945, Joan finds herself a lot further away from home, able to live for longer than she could ever imagine and a with a mad craving...