"I DO" BUT I CAN'T - (31 Day...

By MervOlongo

Single. Unmarried. Engaged. 31 days of different tasks, challenges and opportunities to TAKE you deeper into... More

Blurb/Trailer
BRIEF SUMMARY
INTRODUCTION
DAY ONE
DAY TWO
DAY THREE
DAY FOUR
DAY FIVE
DAY SIX
DAY SEVEN
DAY EIGHT
DAY NINE
DAY TEN
DAY ELEVEN
DAY TWELVE
DAY THIRTEEN
DAY FOURTEEN
DAY FIFTEEN
DAY SIXTEEN
DAY SEVENTEEN
DAY EIGHTEEN
DAY NINETEEN
DAY TWENTY
DAY TWENTY-ONE
DAY TWENTY-TWO
DAY TWENTY-THREE
DAY TWENTY-FOUR
DAY TWENTY-FIVE
DAY TWENTY-SIX
DAY TWENTY-SEVEN
DAY TWENTY-EIGHT
DAY TWENTY-NINE
DAY THIRTY
DAY THIRTY-ONE

BONUS DAY

100 9 2
By MervOlongo

ADDICTED AND CONVICTED.

Well done, this is the final day! I can't believe you have made it this far and I am truly happy for you because I know only God could have got you through. You can go back to the previous days and read over or even start again. I hope you are truly blessed today and that you are confident when you leave this chapter of your life to start a new one. I know that you have been transformed throughout the 31 days but not just for the year or the few years down the line but forever in the name of Jesus. I pray that you would continue with your journey as a completely different man or woman of God.

This topic is what will really allow us to depend wholeheartedly on Jesus.

________________________________

Why is this the last chapter?

The reason I allowed this topic to remain last or as a bonus chapter is simply because of the way the devil works. After these 31 days, you're courage would have boosted up, your heart would have melted but the devil wouldn't have permanently left and he's not planning to for as long as you live. After these 31 days, you're more likely to go back to struggling with the same sins, to shake in fear before the same temptations and to surrender to your flesh again. So it's very important that we understand that it's not going to be easy. It's going to be very difficult but at least you will have the method or the formula to help you overcome these ridiculously minor addictions in comparison to a holy, gracious and loving God!

My Number 1 Struggle

Lust is my weakest area. Remember, your biggest struggle would have come down through your generation and this is where it gets interesting. Remember King David fell into temptation but look at the history of his children. One slept with their father's wife, one raped his own sister and so on. I struggled with lust, the devil would continously batter me with horrendous thoughts that my heart wouldn't particularly agree with. Even after becoming a Christian, the desires never left, in fact, it became much harder to focus because I limited the power of Jesus.

Right now, it may not seem as difficult, it probably seems solvable. But in due time, the devil will strangle you in that area, he will steal you of your joy and he will annihilate your future. God began to show me how simple television shows were made to destroy my mentality. How technology was simply the devil's weapon if misused and how the devil populated minds to control young females, young men and even elders into thinking that lust is 'fashionable'.

I met a lot of people who were struggling with undefiling dreams; they were struggling with pornagraphy; they were struggling with the pressure of looking at women lustfuly or vice versa. I met people who admitted to be committing adultery, fornication or even homosexual acts. However, some people go beyond twisted and demonic thoughts like thinking about having sex with young children or sleeping with their family members and it can go as far as you hold Jesus off.

WHATEVER you struggle with... It's time to destroy it right this second in the name of Jesus!

Naming A Few Addictions

- You could be struggling with pornagraphy, social media, technology, drinking, drugs, smoking, gambling, money and anything under the sun.

- 7 steps to deal with every addiction we have. Nothing is impossible for God.

______________________

1.) Share your struggles with somebody else. The Bible says in James 5:16 - Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that YOU MAY BE HEALED. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

2.) You need to remember that, those who you surround yourself with will determine how you live because the bibles says in 1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”

3.) The way I'm learning is by remembering how Jesus walked this earth. He was the ultimate example and everytime I think about God in the flesh, having to endure all the pain I've endured too, it makes me fall in love more. We don't just have a God who watches us be tempted, we have a God who KNOWS what it feels like to be tempted, to be hated, spat on and beaten. We have a God who can relate and that's very, very encouraging. The Bible says in Hebrews 4:15-16, For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

4.) You must remember that it's never easy. If you're in any relationship, you will be tempted in many ways to jeopardise that relationship and it will come down to how much you meant it when you said 'I love you'. So we treat God like it isn't the same. The world smells good, it tastes good and of course it will try to drag us back but if you do not truly love God or discipline yourself; you will always find yourself going back to what is already dead just to feel alive. The Bible says in James 4:7 - Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Remember SUBMIT means you let go of your desires and what you want but you say, okay God, I don't care about me no more, this is all about you and you give in to God's will. The devil will run away because he's not afraid of a fallen, sinful man or woman but the blood of Jesus.

5.) Finally, you must get rid of everything that causes you to sin. Why wouldn't you fall into temptation, regardless of your love of God if you still have cigarettes around and you don't want to smoke no more. Jesus put it best, Mathew 5:30 - And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.

6.) Jesus was tempted in the wildreness and He used the word of God to resist temptation and because Jesus was fully man also, it allows us to be able to resist just like he did because he was the ultimate example. He was the second Adam like the Bible describes, so if you don't know what the Bible says about your worth, or about the goodness of God then you will always be living under guilt, shame and condemnation.

7.) Worship & praise.
We spend all of our time doing everything except glorifying God. The more time we spend in God's presence the more we begin to hate the worldly presence but most importantly the stronger we become because our strength comes from communion and constant communication with the Holy Spirit who is our best friend, our Lord and our helper. Spend time in his presence as you walk, as you're in the bathroom, when you're driving or on the bus, when you're on your own and let God do things with you. Don't just talk to God but let him become part of your everyday routine and bring him as you do everything because after all Jesus asked us to give him our lives, not just our word.

Conclusion:

Do you want to follow Jesus? If so, remember that it's not supposed to be easy. Picking up your cross will mean you will have to sacrifice your life to live the life you have been called to live. “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."

Reminder
(What are the 7 steps again?):

1

.) Share your struggles with another mature and devoted christian brother or sister and find a prayer partner because "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." God does wonders when we come together.

2.) Surround yourself with positive and God honouring people ask their example can lead you closer to God. You will feel the need to draw closer to God when you're around those who are madly in love with God. You will feel the conviction in your heart to change your bad habits.

3.) Immitate Jesus because God came down, not to only die for us but to also LIVE for us so that we may have the perfect example.

4.) In any relationship it takes effort and descipline, so this isn't any different. Constant communication, worship, praise and being at His feet everyday, not just watching TV, playing video games or sitting on our phones all day but let God be our main priority, taking Him with you wherever you go and in everything you do.

5.) Get rid of those things that cause you to trip up. Charge your phone downstairs if it causes you to sin at night. Get rid of those pills or cigarettes if you will end up using it. Don't just sit there but get rid of it. You will never be healthy if you let unhealthy food in your house, we're not strong enough to walk past those things that feed our deepest temptations, we must not give ourselves that opportunity to fall because we are bought with a high price. Which the blood of Jesus.

6.) Jesus was tempted in the wilderness and he used the word of God. So if we're not in the word, the devil will throw us off and we will fall again and again. We must live in the word to not just know everything but BECOME everything God has made us to be.

7.) Worship & praise. Don't expect to flourish and walk with joy if you worship your boyfriend or girlfriend, your technology, your car or money etc. You must take the time out of your day from all those things or people and praise God because in his presence is where miracles happen, visions are given, messages, revelations and trust is founded and built. Stay in His presence.

_________________
Jesus said - my sheep hear and OBEY my voice.
Jesus said - WHOEVER has ears, let them hear.

I'm just the messenger but you are responsible for your own soul and if we truly want to be free, we must begin today and follow the guide that God has left for us.

Despite of wherever you are, thank God for his word. Thank God for this amazing book He wrote and I take no credit because I'm just writing down what my father has already written before time even existed.

God bless you guys and I can't wait to see you all, rather in this life or the next.

You can start this book again and recommend to a friend also if it has blessed you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 16.3K 101
Once upon a time, An eighteen years old girl was in love with a boy, she use to pray for him... Crying in Sujood and beg Allah to make that easy for...
739K 50.5K 61
Qulsum Abi is going through a lot. Her step mother only favors Qulsum's step sisters and brother Worst part is they become great actors in front of h...
24.9K 364 8
this is a story about a girl who is innocent cute. when she accidentally meets the arrive by billionaire and her life come up and down Adele rose swa...
261K 7.9K 26
Anneliese had been wanting a child of her own, she is 27 and hasn't had a boyfriend in years. She has also never done it before and thought the best...