Stunning; Fred Weasley

Per padfootsbike

"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, Elle," he whispered, his face slowly coming down to mine. My... Més

PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
NOT A CHAPTER
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
SEQUEL
EDITING
EDITING PT. 2
EDITING PT. 3
100K READS!
Announcements

EIGHT

17.1K 406 513
Per padfootsbike

The day of Harry's hearing arrived. I got out of bed, having hardly slept. Before I knew it the twins had apparated in my room, still in their pajama pants and plain t-shirt. "Ready for breakfast?" George asked.

My face heated up, since I hadn't had the chance to change out of my short shorts and tank top. Sure I love the boys and I'm comfortable around them, but for one it was wayyy too early in the morning to have two teenage boys in my room alone, and for two Fred was surveying me up and down, a smirk on his face. "Er... think I could change first?"

"What's wrong with what you're wearing?" Fred asked, smirking as he crossed his arms. "I, for one, quite like it," he continued.

"Er.... well.... um...." I gaped, at a loss for words.

Then he and George busted out laughing. "You... you should have seen your face," Fred wheezed.

"Nice one, Freddie. She looked like a fish out of water," George laughed.

While they were laughing at me, I stood there, my arms crossed, pouting. "Not funny!"

Finally, they straightened up. "Well, go ahead and change," Fred said, face serious, arms crossed again.

My eyes widened. "Well, then, go ahead and leave."

Fred and George exchanged looks. "No, we're good here."

I glared at them before grabbing a slightly longer pair of shorts and a t-shirt from my dresser before turning and going into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I changed quickly and put a charm on my hair to calm that natural waves before slipping on a pair of flip flops and leaving the room. "Okay, I'm ready," I told the boys, who had grabbed one of my muggle magazines and were reading it on my bed.

In the kitchen we found that Harry and Arthur had already eaten and were gone. Dad was done eating as well, but he was hanging out in the kitchen.

"You and Harry are more alike than I would've thought," Dad said as I ate my eggs and bacon.

"What makes you say that, Dad?" I askesd in between bites.

"The other day he found the family tree. Started asking the exact same questions you did when you found it. Had to tell him about the Malfoys and Bellatrix. He found out we're related to Tonks too," Dad explained.

"You didn't tell him who Mum is, did you?"

"No. He does know I ran away to your uncle's house, but he doesn't know James had a twin."

"Okay. I mean, if you want to tell him, tell him. I just thought Mum didn't want him to know yet."

He shrugged. "We'll see."

---

Everyone really hung out in the kitchen all day. Molly didn't make us clean, which was a relief. The twins and I were talking about new products for WWW. Finally, Harry walked in. By the looks of it, he got off!

"I knew it! You always get away with stuff!" Ron yelled, punching the air.

"They were bound to clear you. There was no case against you, none at all," Hermione said, holding a hand over her eyes.

"Everyone seems quite relieved, though, considering they all knew I'd get off," Harry said with a smile.

Ginny, Fred, George, and I were all doing some kind of dance while chanting, "He got off, he got off, he got off-"

"That's enough, settle down! Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry-"

"What?" Dad asked.

We were still chanting.

"Be quiet, you four! Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on level nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know."

"Absolutely. We'll tell him, don't worry."

"Well, I'd better get going, there's a vomiting toilet in Bethnal Green waiting for me. Molly, I'll be late, I'm covering for Tonks, but Kingsley might be dropping in for dinner-"

And yet, we were still chanting.

"That's enough- Fred- George- Ginny- Elle!" said Molly as Arthur left. "Harry dear, come and sit down, have some lunch, you hardly ate breakfast..."

Ron and Hermione sat down across from Harry.

"'Course, once Dumbledore turned up on your side, there was no way they were going to convict you," Ron told him.

"Yeah, he swung it for me."

We were still chanting, so I didn't hear the rest of the Golden Trio's conversation. We chanted even louder, which caused Molly to scream, "SHUT UP!"

---

I was sitting at my desk, alone for once, when a large tawny owl tapped on my window. I opened the window and it dropped a letter on my desk. It was a Ministry letter, with the Ministry's symbol in wax on the back. I looked up to thank the owl, but I seen that it had already flown away.

I quickly read the letter, immediately worried. Why would the Ministry send me a letter?

Miss Elle Black,

It is my deepest regret to inform you that your mother, Anne Del Potter-Black, was killed this past Monday, August 25 by Death Eaters in her home. It would appear that a funeral service will be held this Friday, August 29. I am very sorry for your loss.

With sympathy,
Kingsley Shacklebolt

No. This cannot be happening. I read the letter once more, not wanting to believe what it was saying. I felt the tears running down my cheeks and my legs carrying me down the hallway and to my father's room. This can't be real!

I walked in without even knocking. Dad saw my tears and rushed over and wrapped his arms around me. I held out the letter and Dad took it. He read it over before clutching me even more tightly. I cried into his chest, leaving tear stains, but I didn't care. My chest felt hollow, yet it ached with such a ferocity that I thought it would really kill me. Mum is gone. What am I going to do? It feels impossible that this ache will ever go away. The only thing that would make it go away is for Mum to be fine, for this all to be a dream. But it's not. Mum isn't coming back.

I don't know how long we stayed like that before I went back to my room and laid down on the bed without changing, not feeling anything but the ache in my chest that was slowly taking over my whole body. What is this world without my mum in it?

I woke up to hear hushed whispers outside my door. The dried tears on my cheeks cracked as I sat up and my body protested, aching.

"Fred, you can't just act like this hasn't happened! How would you feel if that happened to Mum?" That was Ginny.

"How do you think she'll take us being told by Sirius? Don't you think she'll want to tell us herself?" Fred.

"Fred, I'm siding with Ginny on this." George.

"Maybe we should let her be for a bit longer." Harry.

"You boys are so insensitive! She needs comfort. You guys don't need to pull any pranks right now. She's feeling sad and depressed, but also confused and angry." Hermione.

"She can't possibly be feeling all that. She'd explode!" Ron.

"Charming, Ronald. Just because you've-"

I opened the door, not being able to take anymore of their hushed words, "Morning." My voice was heavy and my cheeks were red and puffy from crying so much. My eyes were rimmed with red and bloodshot.

Fred hugged me tightly. I broke down again. I don't like getting sympathy, but this was just too much. I stained Fred's shirt but he didn't seem to care. He just held me and rubbed my back. He didn't try to say anything, which is just what I wanted. I didn't want him to say anything about what happened. I just wanted him to be here.

I finally stopped crying, "Th-thanks, Freddie." I pulled away.

It was only Fred and I in the hallway now. I didn't realize the others left... I suppose I was too engrossed in sobbing to notice. I'm not really complaining, though. The less people that see me like this, the better.

He looked serious for once, "No problem. No one deserves this, especially you." He hugged me again.

I pulled away again, "I-I-I'm just going to lie back down."

Fred nodded, "Do you want be to bring you up any breakfast?"

"No, I don't think I could eat right now." I turned away and walked back into my room and closed the door.

I flopped down on the bed and started crying again. Merlin, I don't like crying.

I laid like that for I don't know how long before someone knocked on my door. I didn't answer; I didn't want to answer. Whoever it was would come in anyway.

Fred cautiously opened the door. He saw me and walked over. He hesitantly laid down beside me and wrapped his arms around me.

I let him. In fact, I curled into his side and started crying again. Great, now Fred probably thinks I'm a weak crybaby. He rubbed my back, keeping his arms around me.

"You... You don't have to do this." I said between tears, looking up into his eyes.

"Do what?" Fred raised an eyebrow at me.

"Comfort a weakling."

Fred's gaze softened, "You are far from a weakling. You are one of the bravest people I know. You are so much stronger than you think. Anyone in their right mind would be doing exactly what you're doing during a time like this. I can't imagine what losing your mother must feel like. Your mum was amazing and didn't deserve any of this. She would want you to take care of yourself. If not for yourself, for Sirius. You have a right to cry and be sad. Besides, I would be even more worried if you weren't like this."

My jaw dropped and sometime during his speech I stopped crying, "Thank you, Fred. I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you."

Fred smiled softly.

I sat up, "I'm going... To take a bath... Maybe it'll help me relax."

Fred nodded, "All right. I'll bring you up some supper."

I knew I wouldn't eat it, but I replied, "Thanks, Fred." I get the feeling he knows I'm not going to eat.

I got up and went to the bathroom. I turned on the bath water and looked myself over in the mirror. My hair was ratted, my eyes and cheeks were puffy, and there were bags under my eyes. To put it simply, I looked horrible. I looked away and turned off the water. I took my clothes off and got in the tub.

I leaned back into the water and welcomed the warm feeling it gave my muscles, dulling the ache, if only for a moment. I closed my eyes and let myself relax, well at least I attempted to any way.

I must have stayed there longer than I thought because I heard a knock on the door, "Elle? Are you all right?"

"Yeah," I replied softly.

I let the water out and used a spell to dry myself. I changed into a pair of pajama pants and a t-shirt. I walked out to see Sammy and Betty standing at the end of my bed.

They noticed me and rushed over. They enveloped me in a hug, "We're so sorry!"

I hugged them back. "I'm a mess," I said softly, tears streaming down my face.

"We know. Fred told us."

"Of course he did."

They hugged me tightly and, much to my discomfort, I started crying yet again. I've been crying way too much in the past twenty four hours.

We stayed like that for a few minutes. We were joined after a bit by six more pairs of arms. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred, and George. I started sobbing. What did I ever do to deserve such amazing friends?

Before long though Molly came upstairs, "Supper, dears."

We broke apart and I smiled sadly, "Okay."

I went downstairs, but I didn't really eat. I just played with my food. Dad kept glancing at me but didn't say anything. I was grateful. I really felt as if I physically couldn't eat. I guess this is what happens when you lose someone you love.

I finally pushed my plate away.
-----
Over the next two days only four people came into my room. Dad, Fred, Betty, and Sammy.

The day of the funeral had arrived. I got dressed in a black dress that went to my mid thigh and no make up. It would get ruined by my tears anyway. Dad was able to go as only Order members were attending.
----
She looked beautiful. Her blonde hair was sprawled out over the pillow and she was wearing her favorite orange dress.

The service was beautiful as well. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore, with Fred holding onto me.

I had to say a speech but I broke down halfway through. I just couldn't continue. The thoughts that there was no more breath in her lungs, that I would never hear her laugh again, that I would never get to see her again... they were just too much. Fred had to carry me away from the podium. I even caught Dad crying. It's good to know they didn't drift apart since the last time we were all together, I suppose.

It ended, much to my relief. I was emotionally drained; I didn't think I could cry anymore. I grabbed one of the carnations from a bouquet before I left. I said good bye and kissed her forehead before Dad and I left. We couldn't stand to see her be buried; it would make everything too real.
-----
I walked into my room, my plain black heels clicking on the floor. I pulled out the chair at my desk and sat down. I stared out the window at the sunset after I conjured up a vase with some water to put the carnation in.

Nothing. That's what I felt. I was numb after so many days of heartbreak and crying. I didn't know how I would pull myself out of this hole, but I had a feeling I would need Fred around to do it. Memories of Mum poured through my mind. Baking with her, watching movies, going to Diagon Alley to get my school supplies. How happy she was when I got my letter. The way she looked when she thought no one was watching: her blonde hair falling around her shoulders, her green eyes lit up, a soft smile pulling on her lips, sunlight casting a warm glow on her skin.

I was immersed in my thoughts again when I thought of something. Why didn't Harry come to stay with Mum and I? Did the Ministry question Mum's sanity since she was married to Dad, the killer? Did Mum think he would be better off with the Dursleys?

I heard footsteps. Then I heard the click of a door opening, then shutting again a moment later.

"Elle?" Fred's gentle voice rang in my ears.

I didn't answer.

"Elle?"

I still didn't answer; I didn't have the energy nor the want to utter a single word.

I heard the creak of weight on my bed. I heard him sigh, "Come on, Elle. Talk to me. Please." I heard the desperation in his voice but I still didn't answer; I felt as if I physically couldn't. The hollowness wouldn't allow it.

I heard another creak and soft footsteps coming towards me. I felt an arm wrap around me waist and under my knees, picking me up bridal style.

I felt him lay me down on the bed and the heels being slipped off my feet. I felt his lips on my forehead, "Try to get some sleep."

I heard his footsteps fade away and the click of the door opening and closing again.

Fred's POV

I felt my chest physically ache from seeing Elle in such a state. She hadn't eaten in days, you could see the dehydration from all the crying, and she wouldn't talk to anyone.

It broke my heart, so I can't imagine how she feels. How would I feel if this happened to Mum?

I had only met Anne three times but each time she was as kind and caring as Mum. She looked like Elle, except for the eyes and smile. Elle has Sirius's smile and eyes. She has that gorgeous blonde hair, which is exactly like Anne's. I can't imagine how it must feel for Sirius either, since Elle looks so much like Anne.

Sirius was spending more time in his room as well, but everyone in the house understands that he and Elle need some time. Everyone was careful not to mention Death Eaters or Anne around either of them, well when they were near.

It was nearly time to go back to Hogwarts and Elle still hasn't come out of her daze.

What are we going to do at Hogwarts? People will have heard and sympathy will follow her everywhere. She hates sympathy and I don't think it will help her daze any.

George and I had been trying, unsuccessfully, to make Elle smile. I just want to see that beautiful smile. I want to see that amazing sparkle in her eyes. I want to see her back to her old self, but I know it will take awhile. In the meantime, I just have to keep trying.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

247K 4.7K 31
*** Arabella is a transfer student from Beauxbatons after she pulled a dangerous prank that got her expelled. She came to Hogwarts searching for new...
318K 8.2K 38
"Elle! Where have you been, dearie?" shrieked Molly. "We've been worried sick! I went to pick up Callie and when I got back you weren't here!" George...
14K 466 21
" Our chest were touching. He took my face in his big hands. He was looking at me from bellow and I was looking up at him since he was taller. I wa...
606 17 9
In his eyes I see fire, his gaze burning through me, thawing every ounce of sadness within me, turning it all into warmth. Warm like his hair, his fr...