FOURTEEN

Third Person
Sirius, Harry, and Fred didn't get any sleep that night. Betty eventually cried herself to sleep in George's arms, while Sammy
did the same in her own bed.

Elle's POV
Bright, bright light. That's all I could see.

Then I remembered. I gave my life so that my dad could live. I only hope he didn't do anything that would've harmed himself. He needs to be there for Harry.

Then the light dimmed. I looked around and saw a figure about my height walking towards me.

My mother. "Mum!" I ran to her and hugged her as tightly as I could.

"Hello, darling."

I started crying. "So I'm really dead? Dad's still alive, right?"

She smiled, "Yes, dear. But no, you are not dead. At least not yet."

"How? The curse hit me."

"I died for you. I cast a... a spell so much more powerful than death. My love protected you."

"Mum, I never wanted you to die for me! I'm so sorry," I sobbed.

"Shhh... honey. Everything is fine. I don't regret a thing. I died for a cause. I died protecting my only daughter. I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you, too. Is... is Uncle James here?"

"Of course." I heard from behind me.

I jumped. "Uncle James!" I hugged him tightly.

"What am I? Chopped liver?"

"Aunt Lily!" I turned around and hugged her just as tightly even though I didn't remember her. I was only three when she and Uncle James... were killed.

Aunt Lily laughed, "You haven't changed a bit! You still love me as much as you did fourteen years ago!"

I laughed. "Dad misses you all. I hear him at night; he talks about you all the time. He never stopped loving you, Mum, and he never stopped thinking of you guys as his brother and sister." I said, referring the last part to Aunt Lily and Uncle James.

"I never stopped loving him either," Mum replied.

"We know all of this. We keep an eye on you," Aunt Lily said.

I wiped away a few more tears. "So does that mean I can watch over Dad, Harry, and the twins?"

Uncle James offered me a warm smile, "No."

"Why not?"

"Like I said before, you aren't dead, sweetheart. You're only here for a short amount of time. You'll be back with them soon," Mum continued.

I nodded, remembering what Mum had said when I first arrived.

"This is a lot to comprehend," I said with a chuckle.

"We know."

We sat in comfortable silence for a bit. "Can-can you tell me some stories about life before... well..." I trailed off.

"All hell broke loose?" Uncle James offered.

I nodded sheepishly.

Aunt Lily smiled, "Where should we start?"

"How about your last two years at Hogwarts?"

Mum giggled, "Well your father and I started dating in our sixth year. You came along exactly two years later. No kidding, your father and I got together on the fifteenth of February in 1977. I ended up getting pregnant with you in May before we graduated, which meant I was able to hide the bump for the graduation ceremony."