TWENTY-EIGHT

I had ended up in a fireplace that was situated in a small shed outside of Ilvermorny. I expect they have it outside so that one can't just end up inside the castle without clearance.

Once I stepped outside of the shed, I gasped as I seen the massive castle that was Ilvermorny. It towered over me, looking almost menacing in the dark. Seriously, it was huge! It was an elegant creme color and the tops of the towers were a mysterious grey color. There were shrubs lining the outside of the castle. Since it was dark, the full moon was out. The glow the moon cast on the magnificent castle made the castle seem even bigger and intense.

The castle's on a mountain and it's surrounded by trees, making the whole scene pretty magical (no pun intended). There was mist hovering near the top of the trees, providing a gorgeous view.

All in all, this is a pretty breathtaking castle. Probably as breathtaking as Hogwarts, which is saying something.

Taking a deep breath, I walked up to the biggest set of doors, as I was instructed to in the letter sent to me by the headmaster of Ilvermorny. They opened on their own, as if the doors were inviting me in themselves.

I cautiously entered, looking around the massive entry hall. Portraits lined the hall, like at Hogwarts. The letter told me that the portraits would take me where I needed to go. Sure enough, one spoke up.

"Are you the British girl we've been told about?" I jumped at the high pitched womanly voice.

I gulped slightly out of nervousness before responding, "Yes."

"Keep going straight and turn right at the first turn you come to. Go straight until you come to the next turn, then go left. Tap three times on the third brick up from the ground.

"You'll be staying in our spare dormitories and the headmaster will come see you first thing in the morning."

"Okay. Thank you," I responded. I hope I kept the nervousness out of my voice.

"You're most welcome, hon."

I followed the portrait's directions. All of the halls were filled with portraits. There were so many that I couldn't even make out the color of the wall they were hanging on! I finally came to a corridor that wasn't very wide. I tapped the correct brick and the entire wall vanished!

Inside was a bedroom that had deep blue walls, a white desk, a matching bed, and a wardrobe.

There was a stone fireplace on the opposite wall of the bed.

I set my suitcase down as my jaw dropped.

After a few minutes of gaping at the gorgeous room, I unpacked my suitcase and changed into my pajamas.

I got in bed. No, I sunk into the bed. Seriously, the mattress sunk under my weight. It was like I was laying on a cloud.

I laid back into the bed and sleep found me within seconds.
----
When I woke up, it took me a moment to realize where I was. Then I remembered- gorgeous Ilvermorny and the polite portrait.

That's when I realized that today was the day I was taking my final exam. Since it was Ilvermorny, only one big exam was required to become a licensed healer.

I jumped out of the bed and found the bathroom. As I undressed I studied the bathroom. It was just as gorgeous as everything else. The detailing on everything was incredibly ornate and the walls were the same deep blue color of the bedroom. There was a giant shower and a claw foot tub.

I decided to take a shower, so I started the water as I let my hair out of its pony tail.

After I showered and dressed, I made myself look as presentable as I could.

I did my makeup lightly as I didn't want to look like a clown. I had foundation, mascara, and eyeliner on. What? I want to make a good impression on the headmaster of Ilvermorny!

Wait... what was his name again? Agle? Bert? Agilbert! Agilbert Fontaine? Yes, that's it.

Am I really doing this? Am I really going to become a healer? This just doesn't seem real.

I pulled myself away from my thoughts and looked myself over in the mirror. I had let my hair fall freely (after using a charm to calm the frizz of course). My grey eyes popped and I looked respectable in my grey dress with nude heels.

The dress went to my knees and didn't have any accent, making it look mature.

The heels were about three inches tall, giving me a bit of a boost from my normal 5'2 height.

Deciding I looked fine, I left the room. Signs directed me to the headmaster's office, thankfully.

The hallways were lined with portraits, some friendly, some... not.

After what seemed like an eternity of walking, I had arrived in front of a colossal iron door. There was a knocker that looked to be in the shape of a thunderbird. I lifted it and let it drop against the door.

I flinched at the sound it created. It seemed to echo down the halls. I'm surprised they didn't hear it in London!

Finally, I heard a voice from inside. "Come in, Miss Black."

I took a deep breath as the doors opened.
---
Hi! So I have a couple of things to say! First, the only person relatively close to being the headmaster during the second wizarding war was Agilbert Fountaine, so he's who I used. If anyone knows for sure, feel free to comment or contact me!

Second, I'm going to take another pole on this chapter just to see if anyone else has an opinion on the title of the sequel!
The options are:
a.) Loving You
b.) Coming Back
c.) Devastating
d.) Awakening

Please vote!