FIFTEEN

Dad had flooed us back home. He took me to my room and did everything he could to make me comfortable.

He then told me that the Ministry cleared him and that we would be moving soon because this house brought back too many horrible memories.

I nodded and was overwhelmed with excitement at my dad's name being cleared. He was officially a free man!

This allowed me to drift off into a peaceful sleep for once.

I woke up the next morning feeling extremely refreshed. I didn't expect to feel that good after being, well, dead.

I got up, still a little shaky on my legs, and pulled on some sweats and a ripped (around the neckline, sleeves, and bottom) Bon Jovi t-shirt.

I slipped on my favorite flip flops and made my way downstairs. I basically hugged the wall the entire time until I finally made it to the kitchen. I panted; that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I've always known I wasn't athletic, but this is ridiculous. I guess I need to work out more.

I sat down in my spot at the table and waited for Dad to come downstairs.

After a few minutes he did. "Elle? What are you doing up? You should be in bed!"

I chuckled, "Dad, I'm fine. I wanted some food."

He sighed, "Oh. KREACHER!"

I laughed as the bitter house elf appeared. "What can Kreacher do to serve the noble house of Black?" He drawled in his hateful tone.

"Please fix Elle whatever she would like. And don't poison it!"

Kreacher turned to me, "What would Mistress Black like?"

I smiled kindly to him, "Could I please just have some macaroni and cheese?"

"Of course, Mistress," Kreacher spat.

I don't know why I try to be civil with him. All he does is be hateful and insults me. Oh wait, I do know why I try to be civil with that wretched house elf. I don't want him to poison my food or kill me in my sleep.

Dad sat down at the table, across from me.

Kreacher served me my macaroni and cheese, with the usual glare of course.

I gladly ate it all. I looked up occasionally to see Dad staring at me. I suppose being dead makes one hungry.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I joked.

Dad shook his head, "No. I-I just can't believe you're here. I saw the-the curse hit you and... you were gone. I couldn't live with myself if you were gone. I love you, more than anything, Elle. You and Harry are my reasons for living. Please, don't leave me." A tear spilled out and was rolling down Dad's cheek.

I looked up at him, "Dad, you're not going to lose me. But I also can't lose you! I just got you back two years ago, I can't lose you already. I love you Dad."

His stormy grey eyes locked with mine and I could see the other tears threatening to spill over.

I shakily stood up and walked over to him. He enveloped me in a hug and rubbed my back.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, that was until Fred apparated in.

I looked up at my best friend and smiled. He grinned back at me as I unlatched myself from Dad. Dad looked over and seen Fred. A look of realization washed over him and he walked towards the door. "I'm just going to go take a nap. Didn't get much sleep last night."

I looked between Fred and Dad with an inquisitive expression on my face before sitting back down, as my legs were beginning to shake.

I looked back up at Fred. "How are you, Freddie?"

He laughed as he sat down. "I'm better... now that you're... back."

I smiled, "I couldn't leave you, now could I?"

He smiled, almost bashfully. "I suppose not."

"How's the shop? You know, as soon as I'm back to normal and get Dad settled in his new house, I'll be coming to the shop, right?"

He nodded, "I figured that. Your room is waiting," he said with a smirk.

"Was there something particular you needed? I mean you just looked like you had your mind set on something when you got here."

His ears turned a light shade of pink. "Oh, erm, right. Look, Elle, you're my best friend. You have been for years." WAIT. Is this going where I hope it is?

"And... My, er, feelings have changed. Elle, when I saw you, dead, on the ground, my world came crashing down. Like I said, you're my best friend. I can't lose you."

My face softened. "Wait, Fred, what feelings?"

He blushed, "Don't worry about it. Forget that part."

I felt my heart sink. "Oh, okay. Fred, you're my best friend too. I don't know what I'd do without you."

He stood up. "I'd better get going. I can't leave George alone in the shop for too long."

I stood up as well. "Bye, Freddie. Keep me updated on the shop!"

He smiled, "I will, Elle. Just get better, okay?"

I looked into his eyes and saw genuine worry. My heart melted. "I will. I'll be back to my normal self soon. I promise."

He smiled. "You better keep that promise."

I hugged him once more, but found myself not wanting to let go.

Eventually we let go of each other and Fred apparated back to the shop.

What feelings had changed? What was Fred talking about?

I sighed and looked around, trying to think of what I could do. I eventually decided to try to go back to my room and read.

Fifteen minutes and a whole lot of difficulty later, I was in my room. Only instead of reading, I was so exhausted after my trip up the stairs that I collapsed in my bed and fell asleep.