The Many Faces of Marilyn by...

By DeAnnDeVille

In this intriguing novel, Marilyn Sumpter is a clean-cut, beautiful, but perplexing female. The nightlife sui... More

Chapter One
Chapter Part Two
CHAPTER THREE
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chater Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter Thirteen
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER Fifteen
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Nine

2 0 0
By DeAnnDeVille

CHAPTER NINE

The dusk cloth was always in her pocket. When ever she touched something. However before she touched anything she'd squeeze a bit of antibacterial hand sanitizer onto her palms.

The dayshift assistant Donna watched her from across the bar top. "Girl is your house that dam spotless? You always dusting and cleaning everything?"

"Yes, (letting out a nervous but genuine laugh) I suppose it's just a bit of a habit. I don't like to get my hands dirty."

(Donna rolled her eyes and shook her head)

"Well girl if you don't know it by now they clean. Let me just tell you your hands got to be squeaky clean by now."

Mimi tried to think of something to lighten up the conversation and remove any suspicion she arouse by her meticulous scrubbing.

"Yea well when I was a young girl, I had a very mean Aunt that would pop me with the back of a butter-knife if my hands were dirty so I guess it's become an obsession of mine.

"Donna let out a deep heavy laugh holding her stomach."

"Yea? Well If I were you, I'd call the bitch and tell her she thaught you well."

Donna was none the wiser of Mimi's plans however she figured she ease up a bit on the wiping away prints for now at least.

The first month at the Motor City Lounge Mimi had the wheels turning very quickly.

Everything was going well all except Dain Lawson.

He wasn't going to be as easy to get the safe combination from as Zigler had been.

Donna was going to be her back up plan. Jeffery could not be trusted to not repeat the fact she wanted the code or possibly his innocent questions could give her away.

Donna was easy to befriend. She seem to be a constant chatter box, knowing everything about everybody.

Although the only person Mimi needed to know more about, was Dain Lawson and his safe combination.Conversation about that seemed to be so easy for Donna to disclose.

Mimi started to feel her plan was in motion. If she didn't excuse herself from the girl to wait on a patron, Donna would talk to her all night.

"See Mimi , Dain is obsessed with checking that dam safe and how much he's got piled up before he makes a drop girl. He love counting his money, I never seen know body do that but drug boys you know? Dont get me wrong doe, He aint from the streets. He one of dem Ivy League brothers. I think it's because his dad told him this club wouldnt make any money! ...and he intend to prove Ole Man Lawson wrong. We done made a grip girl... since we opened, I think we done grossed dam near a million already!"

(Mimi accumulated the information Donna let leak from her lips.) With Jeff and Donna here Mimi was certain her plan would work, there was only one problem, and that was Dain.

He seemed to appear more and more as the days rolled by. There seem to be certain times she'd look up to find him looking intently at herfor no reason at all.

Dain didn't seem to like or trust her much, in her mind she felt all he did was stare at her.

"Maybe he suspects me or something" She say's to herself before shrugging that thought away. " He couldn't " She mimicked in her head. " No one ever has

He found reasons to send Jeffery on other missions. Making sure he was at the club when Mimi was there. She seemed suspenseful to him and he like watching people that handled his money.

He rarely noticed her talking to patrons on a friendly note mostly she'd give them a dry smile while serving them what they wanted. Men flirted however he notice she never once saw her flirted back. He got so intent on watching her he'd go to the office just to study her on the circuit T.V in the office so he wouldnt seem so weird. It seemed as if she noticed him studying her and he didnt want her to jump to the wrong conclusions.

According to her application which he studied several times, she was obviously never been married. Something wasn't right about her and he wanted to know what it was.

Dain had studied The Analogy of Human & Animal Behavior at Howard University and most of the time he used scientific theory to analysis people.

Looking over the writing on the logs he notice extreme changes in her hand-writing. That meant she was Bipolar, severly depressed or suffered from multiple personalities. He went with Bipolar.

"Extreme mood changes, that's it."

Almost every woman that he encountered smiled and shyly giggled when he was in their presence, trying to woo his affections or his millions, all but this woman. She didn't even blush when he came around. The more she seem to not want him the more she became a challenge for him.

On one particular rainy night Dain had gotten his feel of playing the non-responsive games with her.

The rain poured so hard on the streets of Detroit, it could be heard slightly over the pulsing booty thumping music. This gave Dain an idea, a perfect opportunity.

Red seem to be her color. Her shiny red lips the silk shirt she wore tonight seem to draw his attention to her as if he were a bull.

The two top buttons that she usually had button up to her neck had unpurposely come undone as she worked the crowd and tended to the bar to help Donna out.

He zoomed in on her on the circuit TV's just enough to see hide what was underneath.

He could feel his penis harden as he casually got up and walked out the office. Heading purposly in her directon he pretended to be in search of something. He looked around making sure no one noticed the prowl in his eyes.

Though in his mind he hadnt really thought of what he would say. Handing a couple their coat he walked them outside with the umberella getting his sweater purposly wet.

Coming back inside he intentionally shook the umbrella letting the water fling all over her and the audit papar she took from the coat check girl.

She stood for a moment looking at the wet numbers on the audit sheet and was instantly enragged and yelled at him rather intently!

"What the Fuck is your problem Dain!"

Missy the coat check girl looked at her shocked she had spoken that way to Mr. Lawson and looked away surely he was going to fire her.

Missy tried to say it was her fault. " No....No Mimi I think I did that trying to hang this coat it's really bad out tonight. I dont think Mr. Lawson was even near you?

He cracked a conceded cocky smile seeing he had gotten a reaction out of her. He pulled a cloth bar napkin quickly from the counter and attempted to wipe her face and neck off softly apologizing.Reaching out he began patting the water off of her as he looked into her eyes.

She slowly stepped back away from him.

"Do not touch me!" She said slowly trying to grab control of her rage. Then in a much softer tone she continued. " Please I'm sorry I've got it, it's ok." She ran to the ladies room checking to make sure it was empty. She went into a stall and set there crying. "Stop this shit Mimi she heard a voice utter from her head. " But I cant I cant deal with him we will have to call this off, please?"

" No! Silas needs us now shape up and get your ass up off this stall and pull it together!"

She hear Missy's voice enter the Ladies room.

" Ms. Mimi, are you ok? Mr. Lawson sent me in here to see if you were ok and to give you a Motor City T -shirt?"

She stood took a deep breath and reached for the t-shirt.

" Thank and yes tell him I'm fine."

When she walked out in the tight t-shirt he was standing there.

His words came out rather dryly, in order to not let the sheep know he was wearing wolf clothing.

"It's really bad out tonight. I was watching the caption on the T.V and they said to expect six inches or more of rain."

She looked up at him bleakly not really listening to him as he continued.

"Are you planning to catch a cab tonight in all this water? It appears just a sprinkle of it almost made you melt like the wicked witch from OZ?

He was smiling at her. "Strange (She thought) he hardly ever says more then five words to me. " Where's the schedule, where do the books, the time cards, do you order enough Champaign? Is he actually trying to hold a conversation with me?"

She glared at him and could see how so many of the women lost themselves over him he was quite charming in an irritating cocky way.

Slowly she answered him making sure he didn't feel she was thrilled he'd asked her something other then Motor City business.

"Yes...I'm not sure why tonight would be any different then any other night. I always call my cab fifteen minutes before I go outside, so I'm sure it will be here like clock work.

"Detroit cabs? (Letting out a facetious laugh) Like clock work? Are we talking about the same city?

This isn't Arlington Ms...I'm sorry is it Miss or Mrs?"

"It's simply Mimi Mr. Lawson."

"Well it's simply Dain, Mimi and I seem to notice you waiting for a cab more nights then I'm sure you'd like. The weather is too bad, I'll give you a lift tonight and that final."

She was furious. She continued to wrap the silverware without agreeing, thinking about the direct order she was just given. Who did he think he was ordering her to ride with him.

Watching me? That can't be good why has he been watching me? She felt her boot for her pocket knife.

He counted out the tickets as silence creep over them. The soul sounding music blasted through the emptying nightclub.

Dain stopped counting and stared at her. She could feel his eye's but she went on as if he wasn't looking at her. His glanced over the curves of her body. She was very attractive in a distant sought of way. The more it seem she paid him no attention the more he wanted her.

"Your staying at the Marriott, correct?"

"Look I'm fine, the rain doesn't bother me. I actually like to be out in it. It has a calming affect I've admired since I was a kid."

"Well It didnt seem so just now? Anyways Isn't that expensive?"

"What?"

"The Hotel your staying in. You've stayed there for over a month. I know of a nice little flat down on Main Street. Why don't I take you to look at tomorrow."

"No...I'm fine really Mr...Law...Dain, thank you for the offer though." She tried to smile at him not wanting him to know he was making her nervous.

(She thought quietly wondering how seemed have taken a sudden liking of her.)

"What's he trying to pull?"

This job hadn't started like any of the others had. The previous employers all seemed to melt in her hand like putty but not Dain Lawson. For over a month he's been tip toeing around me checking my every move. Now he wants to be friends? Maybe this is good. (She thought)If I can get him to trust me, this whole thing would go by just a tad bit faster.

The ride to Mimi's hotel was only a seven minute commute but the tension between the to of them made it seem like an eternity.

The light turned red right before he could turn into the loop at the hotel.

"This really must be a cost for you, having to take care of your Aunt..."

"My what?"

"Your Aunt?...Donna said that's why you came to

Detroit to take care of her?"

"Yes, well I manage." She replied coldly trying to deter him from prying."

"Listen the flat on Main Street belongs to my family. I certainly won't charge you what's worth. It over looks Lake Heron as well."

"I've only been in your employment a month Mr...uh...I certainly haven't saved your club enough money to warrant you renting me a flat for cheap."

Pulling up to the curb she opened the door before he came to a complete stop.

"Thanks for the ride." She got out and shut the door gently.

Dain rolled the window down as she stood, allowing the young pimple face valet to hold the Umbrella over her. "Will you be parking Sir?"

Before he could respond she blurted out. "No, he absolutely will not be parking."

A small curved formed on his lips as her sternness became remotely apparent. Dain, found her resistance amusingly sexy. No, she is correct, I will not be staying. Here, please Take this twenty dollar bill. See to it she gets to her room safely. If you will?

The boy took the bill assertively shaking his head, that he would do just so.

"Mr. Lawson, no I'm ok. You really don't have to pay someone to see me to my room. I get there every night just fine."

"It's Dain. (He insisted firmly) I'll see you around Eleven tomorrow afternoon, okay?"

"Eleven? what on earth for Sir?"

"I'm taking you to the look at the Flat I own remember?"

(Before she could object for a second time he pressed the button on the window, grinned and drove off in his sleek black BMW. She stood there as he drove off screaming in her head.

"Got dam-it what an arrogant man!"

The pimple face boy stood staring at her oddly.

"Miss? Are you okay?"

"The gentleman Miss, asked me to see you to your room?" (Snatching the twenty dollar bill form his hand)

"I don't give a Lillie fuck, what that gentleman asked you to do!"

I can do it myself!"

(The boy seeing her rage did not attempt to snatch the bill back from her as she walked away. He ran ahead of her.) "Okay, you have a good night Miss."

"Fuck off!"

She yelled barley looking back at him with anger that had really been meant for Dain Lawson.

SksoBSk�������

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 732 37
Jeon Jungkook, he completed his graduation in business. he is sweet but for only his family and cold for other's. he doing internship in his father'...
OBSESSED By thisbejaja

Mystery / Thriller

96.9K 4.1K 26
obsessed
104K 3.5K 40
Y/N was a teenage introvert who enjoyed having her own space and being alone. She loved listening to music in her room, which was a great escape for...