Finding Mr. Not So Right

By nyce_gurl

Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with... More

Chapter 1: Who is he??
Chapter 2: Not again!
Chapter 3: Faith or fate?
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Mission impossible
Chapter 6: Dragon's Lair
Chapter 7: Small world
Chapter 8: Uninvited
Chapter 9: The Fifth Member
Chapter 10: Stalk-her
Chapter 11: Rain
Chapter 12: The Dream
Chapter 13: Thank you
Chapter 14: Nothing to Something
Chapter 15: The Meeting (Part 1)
Chapter 16: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 17: Truce
Chapter 18: Stranger
Chapter 19: Changes
Chapter 20: Trapped
Chapter 21: Missing Link
Chapter 22: Broken Barrier
Chapter 23: Acquaintance
Chapter 24: The Plan
Chapter 25: Jealous Dragon
Chapter 26: Point of Realization
Chapter 27: The Revelations
Chapter 28: Preparation
Chapter 29: The Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 30: The Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 31: Lost and Found
Chapter 32: Dejavu
Chapter 33: Oh my God!
Chapter 34: Like vs. Love?
Chapter 36: Confession
Chapter 37: The nightmare
Chapter 38: Endless night
Chapter 39: Visitor
Chapter 40: Trip to Busan
Chapter 41: Welcome back(s)
Chapter 42: The Rival
Chapter 43: We met again
Chapter 44: Masks Off
Chapter 45: When it rains, it really pours...
Chapter 46: Unknown Feelings
Chapter 47: Lies
Chapter 48: Two face
Chapter 49: Puzzle pieces
Chapter 50: Captured
Chapter 51: Behind the real you
Chapter 52: Dragon Unleashed
Chapter 53: One Last Time
Chapter 54: Reunited
Chapter 55: History repeats itself
Chapter 56: Rescue Mission
Chapter 57: Mutual feeling
Chapter 58: No one else comes close
Chapter 59: Old friend
Chapter 60: First and Last
Chapter 61: The Experiment
Chapter 62: The Revenge
Chapter 63: Darkest Hour
Chapter 64: The New Beginning
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 35: Reunion

2K 51 3
By nyce_gurl

This week has been very hectic for me but its actually good. It makes my head preoccupied from thinking nonsense stuff. Two weeks had past and I need to forget everything that happened, that's the plan and so far its working.

I was checking my mails when i heard my phone sitting on top of my table rang. Eyes still fixed in front of my computer, i answered without checking who it was. "Hello?"

"Hey, Dara! How are you?" The male voice greeted. I looked at my phone screen to see who it was and pressed it back to my ear.

"Hey Jaejoong. I'm good. What about you? What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Are you free later? Let's have dinner, my treat." He asked hurriedly.

"Oh, ok. I'l finish my work first before i could join you. Is that alright?" I told him.

"No problem, just send me a message when you're done. I'll be just around the corner." He informed me. Maybe he has a meeting somewhere near our building or something.

"Ok. See yah! Bye." I hung up and continued working when it rang again after a few seconds. Arggg. Who is it this time? "Hello?"

"Just checkin if you're going to pick it up again. Hahahaha." It was Jaejoong again laughing like a maniac on the other line.

"Jaejoong!! How can i finish my work if you keep calling me? You babo!" I yelled at him. If only i could reach his neck through the phone, i would strangle him to death.

"Hahahaha, aigoo. Fine fine. Finish your work. See you later!" He said and he hung up. I won't be surprise if one day i would have to accompany him to have his brain checked.

I was about to type on my computer when my phone rang for the third time. Aisht! This guy doesn't know when to stop. I answered the phone again and this time i shouted at him. "Jaejoong! I told you to...."

"Jaejoong? Who's Jaejoong?"

"Bom?" I asked, i pinched the bridge of my nose when i learned it was her. Note to self, always check who the caller is before answering.

"Who else? And who is this Jaejoong?" She asked curiously.

"He was the one who accompanied me at the ball. Don't you remember?" I told her as i shook my head.

"Oh yeah i remember, anyways, Chaerin and Minzy asked me if we could meet them at the bar later after work. You game?" She asked with full enthusiasm. I know she loves going to the bar.

"Oh, i would but i already said yes to Jaejoong for dinner."

"Awww, come on Dara, its not the same without you there. You can let him come if you want. Please?..." She begged.

"I'l ask him if he wants, i'l just send you a message later."

"Ok, i hope you can come, they said they miss you already." Oh gosh, here comes the part when she makes me feel guilty for not coming.

"Aisht, fine. I'l come after dinner." I said and we hung up the phone.

After my shift, i went down our building to meet up with Jaejoong. He was leaning on his car while busy fumbling his phone with smashed eyebrows. He didn't even noticed me coming.  "Hey.." I greeted him but he didn't look my way.

"Wait Dara, i have to catch this." He said and continued playing with his phone. He waved his phone around him like he was searching for something. "Gotcha!" I got startled when he suddenly yelled.

"What?" I asked looking at him like he's some kind of lunatic.

"I caught the Pokemon, see?" He showed me his phone and i saw a little monster jumping up and down on his screen. "I didn't know the rarest are in here." He said grinning from ear to ear.

"You're such a kid, you know that?" I told him punching his arm lightly. Who would have thought that a guy like him can be so childish.

He unlocked the door of his car for us as we both hopped inside, ready to have dinner. "By the way, i have to go meet up with my friends after dinner." I told him as we headed to the restaurant.

"Really? Can i come?" He shifted his gaze at me.

"Ahh, sure. If you want to." I told him, not exactly sure if its a great idea to tag him along. I can't imagine my friends interrogating this kid, i mean guy, beside me.

"Of course i want to. You'll be there right?" He winked at me as i rolled my eyes at him. "Plus, i get to meet more friends of yours."

"Fine, just don't do anything stupid like the last time. I swear i'm going to kill you right then and there." I warned him but he just gave me his sinister grin that makes me want to change my mind.

We headed to the bar Bom had texted me right after dinner. Surprisingly, it was the same bar we'd been when Donghae invited us, the Dragon's Lair. I stepped out of the car and stared at the building in front of me. I hesitated at first but then moved forward when i felt Jaejoong hang his arm around my shoulder. "Are we just gonna stand here or are we going inside?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at him and reminded him again to behave.

We stepped inside the bar and the smell of alcohol welcomed us feeling nostalgic all of a sudden. Since its a weekday, the bar wasn't as crowded as the time i first came here. I looked around and tried to find where they could be lounging and fortunately, i saw a hand raised among the people inside the bar. I squinted my eyes and saw Bom bouncing off her seat. "Dara! Over here!"

I walked towards their table with Jaejoong following behind. He was scanning the area, maybe trying to be familiar or something. "Hey guys!" I hugged each one of them and noticed that they were giving me a meaningful look. Their stare interchanged from me to Jaejoong then back to me. "Oh, guys this is Jaejoong, Jaejoong this is Bom, Chaerin and Minzy." I started with the introduction.

"Hi..I'm Jaejoong. Nice to have finally meet Dara's other friends. I thought she doesn't have one." He joked and my elbow automatically hit his stomach making him flinched. "Ouch!" He reacted as i glared at him. We sat across them and ordered something to drink.

"So, how did you guys meet?" Chaerin started and smiled back to Jaejoong. I didn't miss the sparkle in her eyes there.

Before he could think of ways to embarrass me i beat him to it, "Long story Chae, anyway, what time did you guys get here?" I asked but my question was unexpectedly answered by another person.

"Yeah, what time did you get here?" We all looked at the direction of where the voice came from.

"Seungrat?" Chaerin asked as she twisted around to get a better view of him. "What are you doing here?"

"We own..." He was cut short when somebody tugged him from the back yanking him to the side at the same time. We all looked over to see who did it and lo and behold, it was Jiyong wearing his icy glare. I felt my cheeks heat as i immediately looked everywhere but him.

"Hi Jiyong!" I heard Bom greeted him. "What are you guys doing here? Is Seunghyun with you?" She asked trying to spot his boyfriend.

"Of course babe, where else would i be?" A deep baritone voice answered as he popped somewhere beside Jiyong.

"Hi Minzy!" The ever jolly Daesung greeted as Minzy smiled shyly at him blushing deeply.

"Wow, feels like a reunion in here." I heard Taeyang when he saw everyone greet everyone. "Why don't you guys join us in the private room so we can catch up? Its a bit loud in here." He suggested.

"That's a great idea hyung, the room is large enough for all us." Seungri agreed.

We all headed to the room and we were amused at how spacious it was. It has its own bar, tv, sound system and a huge table in the middle. The wall was specially designed in one-way glass giving a better view of the whole bar. I didn't know this bar has this kind of rooms.

We all sat on the vacant chairs as the waiters came in to serve our drinks. I was aiming for the very end of the table next to Chaerin but unfortunately, Seungri beat me to it leaving me with no choice but to sit next to him as Jaejoong sat on my other side. Beside him was Bom and Seunghyun who seems impossible to be apart from each other. Minzy and Daesung sat across them. They really looked cute together. Taeyang sat across Chaerin and Seungri leaving the last vacant chair for Jiyong which happened to be right across me and Jaejoong. Great, i was actually avoiding him but he's so close and giving me a death glare right now.

"So, Jaejoong right?" Taeyang asked. "Is it your first time here?"

"Yeah. Cool club i must say." Jae answered looking around first before returning his gaze back to Taeyang. "Are you guys regulars here?"

"We're not just regulars, we kind of...ouch!! Hyung? Why do you keep on hurting me?" Seungri frowned as he nursed his foot under the table. Jiyong just glowered at him that made him shut up.

"Where are you from?" Jiyong asked, eyes focused solely at Jaejoong. The tension in the room started to build up as the others kept their silence waiting for Jaejoong's answer.

"Well, i'm not originally from Seoul but.."

"Then what are you doing here?" Jaejoong was still talking when Jiyong suddenly cut him. He crossed his arms above his chest leaning forward to look at Jaejoong more closer.

"Jiyong, what are you doing?" I interrupted his interrogation as Jaejoong shifted his gaze to me while Jiyong didn't stop staring at Jaejoong.

"What? You have a lawyer now?" Jiyong hissed raising his brow at him.

"Jiyong, can you stop this? What's wrong with you?" I yelled at him.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? One day he called you stupid and now your friends?" He abruptly stood up and slammed the table hard. All of us got startled by his sudden outburst as he began to walk out on us. I immediately stood up to follow him but felt a hand on my wrist stopping me.

"Dara, where are you going?" Jaejoong asked, worry visible on his face.

"I'l just talk to him. Stay here for a sec." He just nodded and let go of my hand.

I walked past the crowd scattered in the dance floor and tried following him. I saw him entered the hallway along side of the bar. It was kind of dark but i know it was him. I called his name but he didn't look back. I called again and this time he stop on his tracks.

"Jiyong! Wait!" I panted and inhaled deeply looking at his back. "Jiyong, can we talk?" I asked but still he didn't turn around. "What was that about huh?" I asked again but i didn't hear any response from him. I finally ran out of patience and spun him around to face me. "Jiyong!"

He finally turned and looked at me straight in the eyes, only it wasn't Jiyong.

"Sorry dear, but your barking at the wrong tree." He smirked at me and then, total darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.1K 57
{ Romance beyond difference. } He's the good student, she's the worst student. He's quiet, she's loud and annoying. He's the personification of perfe...
36.5K 904 40
Kwon Jiyong is a straight-A student, teacher's pet, mama's boy, a perfect gentleman, and filthy rich. He is an only child and even though his parents...
10.5K 326 28
Warning : A tragic love story A story about a boy and a girl who don't understand the true meaning of love. Sandara Park : A naive girl who still lo...
160K 3.9K 46
(Also posted on AFF.) They met when he was the newest singing sensation to rock the kpop music scene. He had the perfect blend of looks, wit, chari...