His Beautiful Nightmare 》Volt...

By Hitoshxii

An aging alien warns Team Voltron of the Galra's greatest monster. Something fast. Something that can tear ap... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
A/N
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Note
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Note
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
After Notes

Chapter 26

8.7K 385 96
By Hitoshxii

"How are you, my beautiful flower?", Brenan whispered to Azalea, who was curled into his side.

Azalea fumbled with her shackles.
"I'm fine", she whispered back.

She moved her head and peered up at him through her raven colored bangs.

"Why do you call me that?"

Brenan raised a slender blonde eyebrow, "Call you what?"

"Beautiful Flower", she pointed out. Brenan chuckled and put his chin on the top of her head.

"Because your namesake grows on my planet as well as it does Earth. And on my planet, azaleas are the most beautiful flower in existence", he said quietly.

He smiled, "As are you, Azalea my flower."

Azalea smiled.
"Thanks Brenan..."

"It is my pleasure."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pidge whined playfully as he climbed out of the air vent.

Azalea caught him when he dropped and gave him a ride back to the others.

"Last one?", Shiro asked.
Azalea found him in the trash chute.

"Yup!", Azalea grinned and ruffled Pidge's hair, "Maybe you'll win next time, guys!"

"I doubt that, man", Hunk laughed, "Not with you as the seeker!"

Allura's voice came over the intercom.
"Attention everyone, please report to the pilot's bay immediately!"

"What's the matter?", Shiro asked when they got there.
Allura waved her hand dismissively, "Nothing too bad. We just came upon a friendly planet."

Coran's eyes were bright with excitement.
"The princess is right!", he said excitedly. On the large screen he pulled up a view of a deep blue planet.

It's beautiful...

"This is Jaspen! The Jaspanians are a distant cousin of Alteans. They have a very nature-orientated lifestyle, and are very peaceful. I'm surprised they've managed to stay out of the Galra Empire's grasp! The princess and I were thinking of possibly stopping by for a visit!"

The Palladian murmured in agreement.

"But no matter how peaceful Jaspen might seem, we cannot let them know that Azalea is on board", Allura said sternly.

"Awe, but why?", Lance whined.

Shiro looked at the screen closely, studying the planet.
"Allura is right. Many others have heard of the Nightmare, and if they're anything like the Kalpanian Chief their reaction won't be good."

"It's safer to keep Azalea on the ship while we're here", Allura agreed.

Azalea fiddled with the end of her ponytail. She sighed in sadness.

I wish I could go with them...

She felt Keith standing behind her, and her heart skipped a beat.

She struggled to keep the idiotic grin down. Her face was red.
This only happened when he was around.

Although she would never tell the others, she had developed feelings for the red paladin.

And now here he was, standing in a protective stance not even a foot away from her.

She sighed again, quiet enough for no one to hear.

They'd become close over the past few month, talking to each other more, and eventually becoming friends.

She told him everything.

Her past life in Oregon.

Her fears.

Her wishes and hopes.

But... she didn't tell him exactly everything.

Looking at everyone around her, Azalea felt sad.

She'd been lying to everyone that she was fine.

But she wasn't.

Not at all.

"Nightmare..", deep male voice said inside her head. It sounded forlorn, and teasing, as if it were
beckoning a child.

"Go away..", she mentally pleaded.

"Nightmare... Come home little Nightmare..."

"Are you okay, Zales?", Lance asked her.
Azalea snapped out of her thoughts and felt all eyes looking at her worridly.

She faked a grin and laughed.
"Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?"

Maybe because I'm hearing voices that were never there before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 2K 28
Keith and Lance are rivals. Little by little they'll start falling for each other. But whatever falls, crash. Will their bond be strong enough to sur...
24.8K 525 36
Y/N is a former prisoner of the Galra. She was rescued by the Paladins and recently has started to have weird and unusual "dreams." As if someone is...
87.4K 1.8K 18
NUMBER 1 in #voltronlegendarydefender and #keitor Keith doesn't really fit in with Voltron. Every one has started begin distance with Keith since t...
481 14 35
Everyone thought the universe was safe from the Galra but they were wrong. A new threat has come and with it a new era. A era that brought team Voltr...