Bloody Rhapsody (Damon Salvat...

By xoZOMBIEBABYxo

Rhapsody, state of elated bliss or ecstasy. Nereza (Neressa) is a girl who could not understand the meanin... More

Bloody Rhapsody (Damon Salvatore Love)
1. Vampire vs Zombie Debate
2. Coffee and Vampires
3. Vampire and Broken Glass
4. Vampire's Leather Jacket
5. Vampire Hugs
6. Intruders and Vampires
7. Secrets and Vampires
8. Girls Day with a Vampire
9. Running From a Vampire
10. Child Games and Vampires
11. Pancakes and Vampires
12. Vampires at the Door
Authors Note!
13. Vampires and Research
15. Vampires and Bribes
16. Vampires and School Spirit
17. Vampires and Stingrays
18. Vampires and Football
19. Vampires and Photographs
20. Twirling with Vampires
21. Vampires and an old Trunk
22. Vampires and Grave Sites
23. Vampires and the Dead
24. Vampires and Cryptic Warnings
25. Vampires and Crypts
26. Vampires and Pillow Fights
27. Vampires and Library Books
28. Vampires and Scratches
29. Restless Nights and Vampires
30. Vampires and Rude Awakenings
31. Vampires and Hocus Pocus
32. Vampires and Captors
33. Vampires and Evil Guides
34. Vampires and Visions
35. Vampires on the Run
36. Vampires and Threats
37. Vampires and Confessions
38. Vampires and Choices
39. Vampire Vs. Zombies Reality

14. Meeting with a Vampire

3.8K 133 44
By xoZOMBIEBABYxo

Tick...Tick....Tick

  I can't bring myself to look away, to ignore the steady ticking of Zeke's dinning room clock. It pounds in my ear, a perpetual reminder of time passing. Of noon coming all to quickly. I nibble on my lip as I imagine the upcoming encounter for the umpteenth time since last night. What was I thinking?

  "Why did you say noon?" Zeke turns my thoughts into words.

  "I don't know!" I groan, standing from the dining chair and turning away. I have to stop watching the seconds go by, I am only driving myself crazy.

  "I wasn't really thinking?" I shrug as I begin to pace. "I panicked" I conclude, waiving my hands in defeat.

  "Do you really think he will show up?" He sounds doubtful.

  While I am sitting here dreading every passing moment, Zeke is struggling to contain himself. Perched on the edge of his chair, he rhythmically taps his finger against the table. He has been ready for this since he woke up. Bouncing out of bed like a kid on Christmas morning. Last night he seemed equally frightened of them as I am, but this morning he is so eager to be able to ask his questions. He keeps flipping back and forth between wanting to trust them, and wanting to know how to turn them to dust. It's beginning to make my head spin.

  "He'll be here" I nod, thinking back to how positive Damon sounded on the phone. There was no hesitation, he will be here.

"How are you so sure?" He skeptically asks, I only shrug in response not wanting to try to explain. "Why Damon?" his persistent questions eating away at my fragile nerves.

"Like I planed for that!" I snap. "You were right there when I called Elena, how was I to know he had her phone!"

  The more I talk, the more hysterical I begin to sound. My words running together, my voice raising in panic. If I were to be honest with myself, I would have to question what I am more nervous about. Confronting a vampire, or the fact that the said vampire is Damon.

  "I guess," he trails away, "I wonder why he had it?" He sparks back to life with yet another question.

  "I'll make sure to ask" I sigh, trying to settle my jitters, and plop back into my seat.

   My mind not being able to focus on anything other than the moment at hand. What will he say? Even more important, what will I say?

  I absent mindedly pick at one of the many strings hanging from the bottom of my shorts, an old pair of light blue jeans that I cut last summer when the weather got to hot to bear. With a wrong twist of my finger the string lets loose, falling freely to the hardwood floor. Damn, I curse as I realize I'm just making the already worn material fray more. I pull the sleeves of my long, two sizes to big, black sweater over my fingers trying to bind my fidgeting hands.

  "That's if he ever gets here!" Zeke grumbles in frustration.

   I roll my eyes at him, his ceaseless fidgeting only making my own anxiety worse. He squirms on his seat for a moment before abruptly standing up and storming to the window. Peaking out from behind the curtain he stairs intently out into the street, trying not to blink to ensure he doesn't miss a thing.

  "So do you have a plan?"

  "Well, not really," I eye him carefully as I debate whether to tell him what I am thinking.

  "But," I decide I better before I don't get the chance. "I kinda, think maybe, you should hang back" I coax the words out of me, they feel heavy on my tongue.  I know he isn't going to like this, but after much thought I truly believe it will be best.

  "What?" He shouts, forgetting about the window for a moment he turns to me with disbelief.

  "Well I just-" I start, but don't get to finish my thought.

  "You already said you don't have a plan!" He scolds. "You got lucky that my mom has her book club today, otherwise even this would have been a disaster from the start! What will happen the next time you space and just say something all willy-nilly!" He waves his hand in exaggeration as his frustration rises.

  I try to ignore the sting from his words, but still I cringe as they hit me. It is true, I didn't really think enough when I told him to come over, but that was in the heat of the moment. I have spent hours thinking about every, well hopefully every, possibility today could bring.

  "I know," I say slowly, trying to control my oncoming glare, "but I don't think I well get as much information from him with you there"

  "Oh what," he crosses his arms getting offended, "because I don't have boobs you don't think he will talk to me?"

  "No," Annoyance creeping into my voice, "I don't think he will want to talk to you because your bouncing off the walls. That's just not Damon" I shrug hoping that will make enough sense.

  "And how would you know?" He shoots at me. "You have only talked to him like once, where did this big understanding of him come from?"

  He narrows his eyes at me as he sticks his bottom lip out in a pout. I bite my lip, suddenly feeling very self conscious. He is right. I have hardly talked to him, I barely know a thing about him! So why is it I feel like there is a connection? No, I scold myself, that is just ridiculous. Not able to come up with a suitable explanation I settle for another shrug.

  He stands there staring at me for a long moment, his eye hard and his jaw set. "Fine!" He gives in with a shout and turns back to his window.

  "Plus" I try to cheer him up. "You can always spy from in here. Be all scientific. See how he reacts when he doesn't know anyone else is watching." He nods considering this, but doesn't award me with even a glance.

  "Yea, and I suppose you might need food later, depending how long this goes on for that is." He shrugs again, slowly accepting my idea.

   I can't help but smile at him, Zeke always the perfect host.

  "Oh my god!" He harshly whispers as his body goes stiff.

  I bolt up in my chair, every sense on high alert. Then I hear, the sound of a car door opening and closing.

  "Reza, he is going to your house!" He glances back at me almost in a panic. "Didn't you tell him we were over here?"

  Shit, I curse myself, how did I forget? I jump from the chair and make a mad dash for the front door, in a rush to stop him before he alerts my dad of his presence. Throwing the door open, I stop. I can't help it, I am frozen as I take him all in.

  His long confident strides, the wind blowing his hair away from his face. For once I don't see his leather jacket, instead just a simple gray button up shirt and his typical black jeans. He is stunning. Even at this distant I can see his bright blue eyes shining in the light. Just the sight of him makes my knees weak.

  I don't know if I made a noise, but something most certainly caught his attention. Mid stride he stops and turns his gaze to me.

  "Damon" I softly call out, trying to cover the fact I was staring.

  A twitch in his lips, and for a brief moment I get a glimpse of his ever familiar smirk, but just as quickly as it appears it vanishes. He glances back at my house suspiciously but changes his course to where I am standing. Casually he climbs the front steps, looking at me quizzically.

  "What are you doing over here?" He stops just short of the door and glances around.

  "Well," I look to the floor suddenly embarrassed of this counter measure, "you've already been invited in my house." I trail off, fidgeting under his gaze.

  "Oh," his eyes widen briefly as he registers my meaning, I don't trust him.

  "I see" he gives a tight nod while he absentmindedly rubs the back of his neck. "So where is the dor-" he cringes slightly, stopping what he was going to say and starting over "Where is your friend... Zeke?"

  He sounds like he may be guessing at the name. I know Zeke will be fuming about that one. Damon almost looks nervous, it's actually kinda cute. Get a grip, I yell at myself, he is a vampire! Vampires aren't cute!

  "He is around." I resist the urge to look towards the dining room where I know he is sitting, his face pushed against the window trying to get a glimpse of what is going on.

  "So umm," I feel my body trembling with nerves as I try to casually shrug. "Want to sit?" I make an attempt at a smile but it comes off weak.

  "Seriously?" he breathes a laugh of disbelief.

  Yes seriously, like I am really going to invite you in for tea! My mind screams at him, but my mouth refuses, thankfully, to form the words. Instead I manage, if barley, to give another tight shrug. Keeping my eyes on anything other than him I lower myself to the floor, sitting cross legged in front of the open door. He sighs, glances around to see if anyone is watching, and finally joins me.

  "So?" He asks as he shifts trying to get comfortable.

  "No lying" I blurt out, finally bringing myself to make eye contact with him. This is too serious to let myself shy away.

  " The whole truth, and nothing but the truth" he flashes me his smirk and my stomach does somersaults.

   No, I have to be running things not him!

  "I'm serious" I sit up straight, attempting to look confident and in control. "If I find out you lie to me, I'm done"

  "Done with what?" he challenges.

  "All of you." I shake my head as I grasp for a response. "Stefan, Elena, you." I glance away as an unexpected pang of hurt runs through me at the thought of never seeing him again.

"OK." He purses his lips and gives a tight little nod.

  "Zeke says you shouldn't be able to stand in the sun light." I begin.

  I know this has been bothering Zeke since we learned the truth, so definitely have to get him the answer to that mystery.

  "Typically vampires can't, but we are special " He winks playfully at me.

  I clench my jaw, demanding my blush to stay under control. Did he jut try to flirt with me?

"But how?" I insist he continue.

  He sighs and looks down at his hands for a moment. I don't rush him, but I begin to get anxious for his response.

"See this ring?" He pauses to hold up his left hand, wiggling the fingers at me.

  I've noticed he wore one, but I never really paid much attention to it. As I stare at it now, I realize it's actually a beautiful piece of jewelry. A blue stone with a metal design on it, to top it off a little letter 'D' right in the middle.

  "It's our family crest, very old." he lets his hand fall to his lap, now staring at the ring himself as he continues. "It is so much more than that though. It is charmed to let me survive in the sun. We each have one."

   I gawk at the object, who would have guessed something so small would be so important?

"And what if you take it off?" I can't help but wonder.

  My question catches his attention and he turns his stare back to me. He forms loose fists with his hand and lifts them in front of my face, then suddenly opening them real quick to imply explosion.

  "Poof" he exclaims, his eyes big and round as he does so.

  "What? You jut disappear? Turn to dust?" My questions come in quick succession, I lean forward a little with each one as my curiosity gets the best of me.

  "Not exactly" He shrugs off my question, as if we weren't discussing his death. "Would burst into flame, but the end result would be the same" He lets his hands fall to his lap once more.

  "Are you dead?" The question seems silly, but it is an honest curiosity. Does he still have a heart beat?

  "Yes" he answers quickly, ready to move onto the next one. I desire more of an explanation however.

  "Then how are you here right now, practically alive?" I motion to him, sitting there so casually, as I ask.

  "Old magic, long before my time" He vaguely explains.

  Magic? My curiosity is instantly peaked. I've been thrown into this the world of Dracula, but is there also a Hogwarts tale in here?

"Magic?" I feel almost excited at the concept, until it occurs to me not all magic is necessarily good. I mean, if magic made vampires what else can it do?

"So is there more," I hesitate, struggling for my words, "creatures out there?"

"It's a scary world" He responds without going into more detail.

  Zeke had brought up werewolves last night, those couldn't possible be real, could they? Then again, I am sitting here talking with a vampire. Who knows what is out there. A chill run down my spine as I struggle not to over think the possibilities.

"Are you dangerous?" I cringe as I hear my voice squeak. I've been nervous to ask this, but it's a valid question.

"I can be" He shrugs casually.

   I stiffen as I think about what he could mean. He eyes me, noticing my change in posture. He leans forward, his eyes going soft.

  "Your safe" He tries to reassure.

  "How can I believe that?" My ask, just above a whisper.

  "I promised you I wouldn't lie." He flashes me with a small smile.

  I know he could easily lie to me and get away with it, but this still comforts me a bit. That is, until another thought occurs to me.

  "You say I am safe, " I instinctively glance to where Zeke is, worrying about his well being. "What about everyone else?"

  He leans back again, obviously less concerned about this point. "We didn't come her to hurt anyone."

"Then why are you here?" I instantaneously shoot back at him.

   He stares at me, his jaw clenched as he considers his response. My heart quickens as my mind goes crazy with wild scenarios. Zeke's movies flashing before my eyes. I imagine the three of them in a circle, summoning a blood god. My mind doesn't stop, I picture them roaming the country on the run from hunters. Or, god forbid, on the search for the ever growing rarer blood of a virgin. I gulp in fear as I silently pray for these to all be just bad stories written for the big screen.

  Damon tills his head watching me curiously, which only brings on a surge of annoyance. I jerk my hand in a come on gesture. I don't have the patience, or the nerves, to sit here in silence letting my imagination run wild.

  "We are just taking care of some business." He tries to brush off the question, but he still seems too tense.

  "That doesn't tell me anything" I push on.

  "You told me not to lie to you," he starts slowly, eyeing me carefully, "but this is not something I can answer."

  "Damon," I sigh in frustration.

  He just stares at me, refusing to elaborate. I groan and slump forward, feeling deflated. All this build up only to get nothing!

  "It's better if you don't know" He tries to once again drop the subject.

  "Why?" I ask stubbornly.

  "If you get involved it could be dangerous." His eyes grow hard and serious. He sits up tall, as if trying to say this is final.

  "So?" My frustration makes me bolder than I typically would be. "Apparently this world is full of monsters. I want to know what's going on!" I cross my arms over my chest, puffing myself up for a fight if need be.

  "I need to keep you out of this." He doesn't budge, his voice stern and decided.

  "I was pulled in it the moment I saw what you were!" I argue, my voice rising almost into a yell.

  "I need to keep you safe!" He suddenly exclaims.

  Even as the words leave his mouth his eyes widen in surprise. Averting his gaze quickly away from me he clenches his jaw, as if to ensure he doesn't say anything else. My cheeks burn with the blush I am unable to contain, butterflies taking flight in my stomach as his words echo in my ears.

  "Why?" I breathe.

  He hardly knows me, spent most of his time here ignoring me, and the rest of his time trying to make me uncomfortable. So why would he want to protect me?

  He glances up to me, considering my question. I am unable to take my eyes off him as he sits there, tense, clenching and unclenching his jaw over and over again as he works through his thoughts. His silence leaves me reeling. My mind doesn't come up with any gruesome images like before, but instead just a thousand more questions. I believed I thought of every scenario that could play out, but I never would have imagines this!

  "I don't know." He finally answers, his voice steady but quiet.

  He doesn't look away, his hard gaze piercing through me. I can't breath, I have literally forgotten how to as I am lost in his intense stare. Get control of yourself!

  With a shaky intake of air I tear my gaze away from him and focus on my hands. Idly I begin to play with a loose string on my shorts, desperate to find peace in even a moments distraction. I can feel his eyes still lingering on my, but I don't dare even glance up. Afraid I will once again be sucked into the abyss of his icy blue eyes.

   Why is he looking at me like this? What kind of answer is that? Why did it make me feel I was about to float away?

  "You say you don't want to hurt anyone," I stammer as I grasp for a subject change, "then how do you, you know, eat?" I flinch as I hear my own question out loud.

  Very smooth, move from one awkward subject to the next!

  "Blood bags." He states simply, then tilting his head to the side he shifts his gaze as something occurs to him. "And the occasional live bite" he says this slowly, shrugging sheepishly. "It doesn't hurt them though!" he finished quickly, trying to play damage control.

  "You're sucking their blood," I gawk at him " Of course it hurts" All shy thoughts forgotten as I am harshly reminded of the monster he really is.

  " No, it can actually be," his mouth twitches up into his crooked smile, "quite enjoyable"

  My stomach clenches as I stare dumbfounded at him. Is he taking pleasure in the memories?

  "And how would you know?" I shoot at him with disgust.

  "Been there, done that" He shrugs, stretching out trying to get comfortable once again now that he is loosening back up. "I was a human once you know." he teases.

  Of course, how did I forget that?

  "How do you turn?" I cringe as I think of all the ritualistic scenes Zeke went on about last night when he was trying sift through the myths.

  "Die with Vampire blood in your system" he answer simply.

  "That's it?" I am taken aback, relieved but surprised. I was preparing myself to here some gory details.

  "Simple as that!" He nods as he continues, "You would be surprised how many times it happens by accident."

  "What do you mean?" How does someone 'accidentally' have vampire blood in their system.

  "You should ask Elena." he glances away from me, looking slightly uncomfortable again. "She would be able to tell you all about that. Plus," He looks back at me pointedly. "I am sure she would love to talk to you."

  A wave of anxiousness washes threw me as I think about sitting and talking with her. Just an hour ago I was panicking about talking with Damon, but this is going relatively well. Now, I fear having to face her and Stefan.

  "What about you?" I ask, wanting to keep the subject off of them for now.

  "It was complicated" He sighs.

  "Did you chose this?" I push, my curiosity egging me on.

  "In a way" he absently runs his hand over the back of his neck, looking slightly uneasy.

  "Why?"

  I feel like a child, always asking why? But I need to know. I just can't wrap my head around why someone would choose this?

  "I thought I was in love" He shrugs, letting his arm fall to his side once again.

  I pang of jealousy stabs threw me, but I quickly deny its existence.

  "What happened?" I squeak, my chest feeling tight.

  "That's another story" He smirks at me, in other words telling me to drop it.

  "How long ago was that?"

  I try to sound casual, but in truth I am dying to know everything about him. Even with answering my questions he manages to maintain his shroud of mystery.

  "I died in 1864" he states, a chill runs though me as I register this.

  "Oh shit!" I blurt out before I can control my tongue. "That would make you like," I quickly try to do the math but my brain refuses to work properly.

  "180 ish," He answers for me, "at this point why keep track?" He chuckles.

  "Oh my god!" my hand quickly covers my mouth, attempting to hide my shock. "I mean," I am unable to produce words, my mind reeling with this new information. " I would never have guessed you were so old!"

  "I know," he purrs, grinning at me "I look too good for it to be true"

  "No," My heart skips a beat and my blush quickly returns to my cheeks.

  If I am being honest then yes, he is definitely way to good looking. That is explained away though, I know vampires don't age once they have turned.

  "I don't know, you jut don't act like your that old." I try to explain.

  "Did you just call me immature?" He teases, tilting his head to the side with one eyebrow raised.

  "Oh no!" I shake my head frantically, my blush only deepening. "It's just," I trail off trying to find a way to explain that wouldn't be taken offensively. "Your in high school!" I finally grasp at an explanation.

  If I was over a hundred you can sure bet that high school would be the last place you would find me!

  "Ugh" He groans and drops his head. "Trust me, not my idea."

  "I would hope not" I laugh, surprising myself at how comfortable I find myself becoming in his presence.

  "Stefan calls it blending in" he sneers, making air quotes with his fingers. I burst out laughing at him, rocking back a little as I do.

  "Well, that was a stupid plan" I squeak out threw my giggles.

  "Your telling me" he rolls his eyes.

  "Seriously," I breathe as I manage to contain my amusement, "that is the last place you can blend in"

  "Oh?" He raises his eyebrows at me, " and why do you say that?" that smirk constantly playing on his lips.

  Instantly my mind goes to the girls competing for his attention, giggling and obsessing over even just a spare glance from him. How is he supposed to be blending in when with one wink he would make half my grade, as well as I'm sure many from the lower classes, swoon? The idea of telling him this however, is too embarrassing to even contemplate.

  "Your just so, ummm," I desperately grasp at words,"you stand out" I slowly explain, trying not to blush at me meaning. He chuckles and shakes his head.

  "You know" he drawls, his eyes suddenly sharp and intense. "You stand out as well." My cheeks burn and I have to bite my lip to stop from nervously smiling.

  "That not true" I shake my head, unable to meet his eye. "No one notices me" I shrug and give a weak laugh.

  "I do" his voice is just above a whisper, and yet I feel his words pound inside of me. Suddenly light headed all I can feel is my heart fluttering in my chest.

  "So," I breathe, desperately trying to think of a safe topic to switch to. Something that will let my heart settle back into its normal rhythm. "What is the deal with this whole invitation thing?" I ask as I glance to the door frame that separates us.

  He doesn't answer right away, just continues to stare at me, smirking at me.

  "Its simple," he finally states as he sits up straight, "well as simple as magic can be." He shrugs.

  "There's that magic again." I can't help but smile at the glamour of it all.

  "I hate magic" He mutters, but doesn't elaborate. "It is like a barrier." he continues explaining his original thought. As he does he lifts his left hand to the door way, coming to a stop at the threshold.

  "So it's like an invisible wall?" I question, analyzing his hand trying to see any hint of the mentioned magic.

  "You could say that" He shrugs, keeping his hand in place.

  Without thinking I raise my hand, slowly bringing it to his. As our skin touches a shock of excitement rushes through me. His hand is hard, a man who has known work in his time, and shockingly cold. As my hand flattens against his, I am surprised by the lack of separation I feel. For there supposedly being a barrier, I was half expecting to be able to feel it thinly between us.

  I can feel his eyes watching me, but I don't have the courage to look back at him. Instead, I stare at our hand, just barely touching, and can't help but take note how small my hand is compared to his.

  "Are you able to push past it?" I stammer as I try to find my voice.

  "It is possible, but not highly recommended" He explains, his voice steady but low.

  "What happens?" I finally drag my gaze to meet his.

  "The typically witchy consequences. Excruciating pain, internal bleeding, eventually an agonizing death"

  His words ignite a spark of panic. He is too close! On instinct I push his hand back away from the danger. In one swift motion I move up to my knees, and fall forward. My lower half still safely inside the house while the rest of me is leaning out onto the porch, balancing on one hand while my other is still pressed against his. My mouth hangs open slightly as my mind catches up with my actions. What was I thinking!

  "Worried about me?" Damon smirks, his breath tickling my cheek, bringing my attention to how close I really am to him.

  I was worried... but why?

"I...I..." I stammer but am unable to come up with an explanation as my mind abandons me.

  I glance up to him, his piercing eyes only inches from me. His gaze so intense my body begins to tremble. All I can focus on is the lingering scent of his leather jacket on his skin, how the scent oddly makes my heart dance and calms my nerves at the same time.

  I shakily bite my lip, stopping myself from mumbling anything stupid. As I do his gaze darts to my quivering lip, lingering there. My breath catches in my throat as I watch him. He glances up to me, his gaze smoldering with a deep desire I am suddenly desperate to learn more about. He leans in a fraction of an inch and my body eagerly responds in kind.

  "Hey guys?" Zeke's voice rings through my mind like a gong, snapping me out of my trance.

  I feel myself flush as I spin to face him, resisting the urge to shout 'it's not what it looks like!'. Really though, what was that? I scramble to sit up just as Zeke takes a cautious step around the corner, entering the hall way. Still shaky and on edge, I force my body to cooperate for me and to stand. I keep my back to Damon, who I also hear standing only much quieter and with less panic.

  "I hate to break this up" Zeke slides me with a sideways glance letting me know he saw everything, "But my mom will be home soon."

"I should be going anyway" Damon responds over my shoulder. "I will talk to you later Nereza" He whispers this softly, just for me.

  My body tingle at the sound of my name on his tongue. I hear him turn to leave and my stomach clenches. Part of me wants to call out to him, to ask him to stay. I am frozen though, not even having enough courage to turn and watch him go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2K 14
Damon and Elena were together for the whole week by now, they had a wonderful time together. Stefan was most of the time with Caroline doing 'god-kn...
192K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
58K 1K 23
"Progress is the attraction that moves humanity." ~Marcus Garvey SEQUAL TO~HUMANITY 5 "THE BEGINNING" What do you do when the one person who means t...
979K 18.2K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...