Niall Horan Pregnancy Series

By kaley676

This is the fourth book in my Niall Horan Series and it follows the: Wedding Series, Honeymoon Series, and Ma... More

Finding Out
Telling Niall
First Appointment
Telling the Boys
Telling the Family: Y/n's Family
Telling the Family: Niall's Family
Second Dr. Appointment
First Ultrasound
Announcing the Pregnancy
Celebrities & Friends Congratulating You
Starting to Show
Cravings
Mood Swings
Shopping for Maternity Clothes
Feeling the Babies Kick for the First Time
Pregnancy Complications
Pregnancy Complications Part 2
Niall Gets Protective
Feeling Insecure
He Does Something Sweet to Make You Feel Better
Getting Pregnancy & Parenting Advice: Y/n's P.O.V.
Getting Pregnancy Advice: Niall's P.O.V
Talking About Finding Out the Gender
Gender Reveal Party
Shopping for the Babies
Niall Goes On Tour
While Niall Is Away: Y/n's P.O.V.
While Niall Is Away: Niall's P.O.V
Niall Comes Home From Tour
One of the Boys Comfort You
Picking the Names
Getting the Nursery Ready
Preparing for the Babies
Niall Talking & Singing to the Bump
Niall Pampering You
Baby Shower
Baby Shower Part 2
Making a Belly Mold
Making a Birth Plan
Packing the Hospital Bag
Your Water Breaking
Labor: Part 1
Labor: Part 2
Delivery & Meeting the Babies

Finding Out the Gender

9.5K 172 18
By kaley676

The following afternoon you and Niall headed into London to the hospital for your ultrasound appointment.

As you sat in the passenger seat you couldn't sit still. You were so anxious to finally find out what genders the babies were going to be.

"Baby, calm down." Niall said as he reached over and put his hand on your knee to keep it from bouncing.

"I'm sorry...I just can't help it! I'm dying to know if the babies are girls or boys." You said as you looked over at him.

"What do you want the babies to be?" You asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he glanced over at you before turning his attention back to the road.

"Do you want girls or boys or one of each?" You asked.

"Umm...I don't know...I guess I kind of want boys or maybe one of each. I don't know what to do with girls. Lux was never super close to me. She always liked Louis and Haz more than she did me. And I have so much fun with Theo, it'd be cool to have a son." He said. "What about you? What are you hoping for?"

"Pretty much the opposite. I want girls or one of each. I like the idea of having one of each because than we'll get to see what it's like to raise a girl and a boy. Or two girls. I would love to have at least one daughter, but two would be great too." You said.

"So no boys then?" He asked.

"I don't know, I mean it's not like I'm going to hate them if we have boys. I just don't know if I can handle having three Horan men in the house with me." You said jokingly. "I sometimes struggle just living with one." You said jokingly as you looked over at him.

"You love me and you know it." Niall said.

"I do love you!" You said.

Niall pulled into the hospital parking lot about ten minutes later. You got out of the Range Rover and walked into the hospital hand in hand with Niall. The two of you then made your way to the radiology department.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The woman at the window asked.

"I have an appointment for an ultrasound." You said.

"Okay, can I get your name?" She asked.

"Y/n Horan." You said.

She took a few seconds to look at her computer before smiling up at you.

"It looks like I have you scheduled for a 21 week prenatal ultrasound. Is that correct?" She asked.

"Yes it is." You said as you smiled at her.

"Alright, I will get you checked in and someone will come get you when we're ready for you." She said.

"Great, thank you." You said.

You and Niall took a seat in two of the chairs in the small waiting area. You sat patiently as you waited to get called back.

"How much longer?" Niall asked as he got impatient.

You glanced up at the clock on the wall and realized you had only been here ten minutes.

"We've only been here ten minutes, babe, relax." You said.

"I can't relax. I'm so nervous." He said.

"What are you nervous about?" You asked.

"Well all we've been thinking about is whether they're going to be girls or boys...what if There's something wrong with them?" He asked.

Your eyes drifted from his beautiful blue eyes to the floor. You hadn't really thought about it. Like Niall said, you had been so focused on the gender that you forgot to take a step back and think about what's really important: having two healthy babies.

"Then we'll figure it out together, like we figure everything else out." You said.

You looked around the room at the other people in the room. There was a young girl, probably only sixteen or seventeen, in a chair across from you with a woman you assumed to be her mother. The girl had on an oversized sweatshirt but you could still make out a bump hiding underneath the sweatshirt. A few seats down from the girl and her mother was a guy probably in his early twenties who had his arm in a sling. You assumed he was probably here for some kind of x-ray. Two seats down from where you and Niall were sat was an older couple. The man looked over and caught your glance and gave you a small smile.

"You must be close to delivering." He said as he noticed your bump.

"Actually I'm only halfway. We're having twins." You said.

"Congratulations! Do you know what you're having?" He asked.

"We get to find out today," you said.

"Well no matter what they are, they will be a blessing to you. We have two children of our own, and they are twins. They are the greatest joy I've ever received. I'm so proud of both of them. Just remember to enjoy the little things. Time will fly by and before you know it they'll be grown up and getting married and leaving home to go explore the world." The man said.

"Y/n?" One of the nurses said as she came into the waiting area. "Come on back."

You stood up and walked towards her followed by Niall.

"I am going to do a quick exam before we do the ultrasound just so I can give your updated measurements to Dr. Y/Doctor/n, do you mind if he is in the room for that?" She asked motioning to Niall.

"Yeah, it's fine if he comes back." You said. It's not like he hadn't seen it all before.

"Great, follow me." She said.

You followed her down the small hallway until she stopped in front of the last door on the left.

"Okay daddy to be, I will have you take a seat in that chair next to the bed. And Y/n if I could have you go change into this for me." She said as she handed you a gown. "You probably know the drill but go ahead and put it on with the front open."

You went into the small bathroom attached to the room and changed out of your clothes and slid the gown on. You walked back into the room where the ultrasound would be and the nurse instructed you to lay on the table.

"Okay I'm just going to get a quick measurement of your belly to see how big you are." She said. She then placed the tape measure just above your panty line and stretched it up over your bump and stopped it just under your breast. She entered that measurement into the computer and then took a measurement of your stomach from your left side to the other side. After taking a few more measurements and vitals it was time for the moment you had been waiting for – the ultrasound.

"Okay this is going to be a little cold." She said before she squirted the blue jelly onto your stomach.

You knew that it would be cold but you still jumped a little when it touched your skin.

Niall reached out and held your hand as both of you watched the screen in anticipation. Your lips curved into a smile as you saw the babies appear on the screen.

"Okay first I'm going to just make sure everything looks okay and that they are developing like we want them to." She said.

She put the Doppler on one side of your stomach and focused on the screen as she looked at the image of the first baby.

You were amazed at how detailed the image on the screen was. You had only had one other ultrasound and both of the babies were just little beans back then. You could now make out the eyes and the little nose. The baby had its hands by its face and you saw it making cute little fists with its tiny fingers.

"That's our baby." Niall said in amazement as he looked up at the screen.

"I know. Isn't that crazy?" You said as you looked over at him for a moment before looking back at the screen.

"Okay Baby A looks good." She said. "Now let's look at Baby B."

She moved the Doppler to the other side of your belly and you saw another tiny face appear on the screen. This baby had its feet by its hands and you saw the ten little fingers and ten tiny toes.

"Baby B looks healthy too. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Horan, you have two healthy babies who are growing right on schedule." She said.

"That's great. That's what both of us wanted, just healthy babies." You said.

"Would you guys like to know what you're having?" She asked.

You looked over at Niall. You wanted to make sure that he wanted to find out before you told the nurse.

"Do you?" You asked.

He smiled and nodded.

"I do if you want to, babe." He said.

You smiled and looked over at the nurse.

"Yeah, we want to know." You said.

"Alright let's take a look. We'll do baby B since we already have them pulled up on the screen." She said.

She moved the Doppler around as she tried to get a look at its lower body.

"Baby B is a...girl." She said.

You smiled to yourself. You were going to get a little princess. You looked over at Niall who was smiling. You were a little surprised to see him smiling since he had said earlier he wanted boys.

"Daddy's little princess." He said as he looked up at the screen. He then brought your hand to his lips and gently gave you a kiss.

"She's going to have you wrapped around her little finger, Ni." You said.

All he could do was grin as he looked at you.

"Okay now let's take a little peek at Baby A again." She said.

She once again moved the Doppler around a little to get a good angle of the area around the baby's legs.

"You see this thing right here?" She asked as she pointed to the corner of the screen.

You and Niall both nodded.

"You knkw what that means...It's a boy!" The nurse said smiling.

You looked over at Niall who had a huge grin from ear to ear. You felt tears begin to form in your eyes. Seeing your babies' features, finding out you were having a son and a daughter, and seeing Niall so happy was all too much for you and your pregnancy hormones.

You felt a tear escape and Niall reached over and wiped it away with his thumb.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked. "I thought you wanted one of each."

"I did, it's just...I'm so happy. I have you and the babies, and we're a perfect little family." You said.

"That we are." He said as he stood up from the chair. He leaned down and kissed your forehead and he gently rubbed your arms to calm you down.

"Would you guys like to get some pictures or a DVD of the ultrasound?" She asked.

"Yes! That would be amazing!" You said.

She printed out four pictures of each of the babies and three of them together and then put a copy of the entire ultrasound on a DVD for you and Niall to have so that you could relive the moment any time you wanted at home.

The nurse wiped the jelly off of your stomach and you went into the bathroom and changed out of the hospital gown and back into your maternity clothes. You thanked her for everything and then you and Niall headed out to the parking lot.

You looked down at the photos you had in your hands as you walked.

"I can't wait to tell the boys and our families." Niall said.

"I know! We should invite everyone over and tell them all at once." You suggested.

"Sounds perfect! Maybe we can do it this weekend or next?" He said.

"That would be good...I don't know how long I can keep this secret." You said.

Niall smiled and wrapped his arm around you as you walked out of the main door of the hospital. You leaned your head on Niall's shoulder and put your hands on your bump and in that moment everything was absolutely perfect.

**Author's Note**

Hey guys so here it is! The majority of you voted for One Boy and One Girl in the last chapter so that is what I went with. I had most of the chapter written I just needed to wait for the voting to close so that i could write the last part and then revise it.

Thanks again to all of you for the support! The comments and messages really do make my day! I hope everyone had a good weekend and that if you are in the US you had a good Labor Day and 3 day weekend! xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 1.5K 10
Set six months after the events of Theirs, we begin the countdown to the biggest day of Marnie's life. But is it ever really that straight forward? ...
164K 2.7K 64
This is a book of Niall Horan imagines (obviously) I have as of now stopped writing imagines in this book but thank you for all of the support. I hop...
85.4K 2.8K 31
COMPLETED // Updated periodically with post-story drabbles. WARNING: This story will contain issues pertaining to a difficult pregnancy. Please read...
36.2K 530 60
Just Some imagines for Niall Horan. Feel free to use any of them if you wish except for the requested, you'll have to ask me for those. Also Check ou...