Gender Reveal Party

You and Niall planned a small Gender Reveal Party for the Saturday following your appointment as a fun way to let your friends and family know what you were having. You and Niall agreed that you wanted to keep the party small, so the guest list only had your closest friends and family: Niall's dad, Niall's mum and Chris, Greg and Denise and Theo, and the boys. You would have invited your family but they couldn't make it because they were halfway across the world in the States.

You had spent all morning getting everything for the party ready. You were exhausted so you were relieved when Greg and Denise showed up around noon even though the party wasn't until four.

"What do you need me to do?" Denise asked.

"Can you help me set everything up? I have all the food ready, I just need to get it all set up in the dining room." You said.

"Of course. We'll have Niall and Greg decorate the living room while we work in here." She said.

"Perfect!" You said smiling.

"Boys!" Denise yelled and a few minutes later Niall came into the kitchen holding Theo followed by Greg.

"We are going to get everything set up in the kitchen. Can you guys put up the balloons and streamers up in the living room?" Denise asked as she pointed to the plastic sack full of streamers and balloons that was sitting on the kitchen island.

"Yeah, sure honey." Greg said.

"You have fun with that Greg. I'll keep an eye on little man." Niall said smiling as he looked down at Theo.

Three hours later everything was set up. The dining room table was covered with lots of gender themed food. There were cupcakes that had pink and blue frosting. There were sugar cookies that had cute little faces on them. The drinks for the day were "Sweet Pink Lemonade" and "Bouncing Blue Punch." There was also a candy buffet with different candies that were pink and blue. That was a must for you since you had a pretty big sweet tooth during your pregnancy.

You walked into the living room and were pleasantly surprised with Niall and Greg's (but mostly Greg's) work putting on the decorations. There were bunches of pink and blue balloons around the room and the main focus was in front of the fireplace. There was a banner that read "Princes or Princesses" hanging from the mantle. Niall had also hung up some of the pictures from the ultrasound so that Niall's family and the boys could see the babies. In front of the fireplace were two big boxes that you had decorated. One was labeled "Baby A" and the other was labeled "Baby B" and the plan was for you and Niall to open the boxes and out would float balloons with the color of the gender of that baby.

Niall's mum and Chris arrived at 3:45, followed closely behind by Bobby. Liam and Cheryl, Harry, and Louis all showed up just before four.

Everyone made small talk and got plates of food as you waited for the big moment to open the boxes.

You sat on the sofa in the living room and smiled as you looked around at the room filled with some of the people you loved most.

You loved Niall's family and how welcoming they had been. Denise was like a second sister to you and you were almost as close to her as you were to your own sister. Maura had welcomed you to tje Horan family with open arms and loved you as if you were her own daughter. You were so thankful to have a family close to you since your family was so far away in the United States.

You then looked into the dining room where Liam, Louis, and Harry were standing talking to each other. They had been so great to both you and Niall. They were some of the best friends anyone could ask for.

But as you looked around the room you felt a little disappointed that your own family couldn't be here for this moment.

"Is everything okay dear?" Maura asked as she came over to you.

"Yeah, everything is okay." You said as you tried to give her a fake smile and make her believe that you were okay.

"Are you sure?" She asked as she saw right through you.

"I'm really glad to have all of you guys here. You guys are family to me. But it's a little hard to not have my own family here. I just wish they could be here, you know?" You asked.

"I understand. I'm sure they would give anything to be here to celebrate with us." She said.

"Oh well. I guess I'll just to call them and tell them the big news." You said.

"Don't dial the phone just yet, princess."

You furrowed your eyebrows a little and stood up and headed into the foyer where the sound of Niall's voice had come from.

You froze as you entered the foyer and saw Niall standing with your parents and your sister.

"How?" You asked as you looked at your parents and then at Niall.

"I wanted both of our families here for this moment. It wouldn't be the same without them. So I paid for them to fly here to surprise you." Niall said.

You ran to your mom and threw your arms around her. For three weeks you had been dying to have her arms around you. Even though it had only been three weeks since you saw them last, you had been missing her like crazy. It was hard to go through your pregnancy and not have your mom by your side.

"It's so good to see you again." She said as she held you in her arms.

She let go of you after a minute or two and you turned to your dad. He wrapped his arms around you as he squeezed you.

"Thank you for coming dad." You said.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world, sweetheart." He said.

Then you turned to Niall and you felt yourself get teary eyes. What you ever did to deserve the wonderful man standing before you, was still a mystery to you.

"Thank you." You said as you stepped towards him and put your arms around his neck. He gently wrapped his arms around you and held you tight as he buried his face in your neck.

"You're welcome, baby. I love you." He whispered into your ear.

"I love you too." You said.

"Okay everyone! Time for the big reveal! I can't wait any longer!" Maura said.

You stepped out of Niall's arms and everyone headed into the living room. Everyone gathered on the sofa, loveseat, and two chairs and the rest of the guests stood behind them as you and Niall took your place next to the boxes.

You decided to open the boxes together at the same time rather than one as a time.

"Can we get a drum roll and a count down?" Niall asked as he smiled at the boys.

Harry, Liam, and Louis all bent over slightly and began to pat their thighs as a drum roll.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2.........1!" Everyone said together.

You and Niall smiled at each other before each of you lifted the flaps off the boxes and the balloons rose into the air. Blue balloons came out of the "Baby A" box and pink balloons came out of the "Baby B" box.

Your families and the boys all cheered as they saw the balloons rise to the ceiling. Everyone stepped forward and engulfed you and Niall into hugs.

You let out a sigh of relief as the secret was finally out. You probably would have exploded if you had to keep the secret for any longer.