Harry Potter x Reader Oneshot...

By TsaileCreek

Requests are open. A collection of original oneshots for Harry Potter, all generations. Fantastic Beasts... More

Sirius Black x Shy Reader
Draco Malfoy
Remus Lupin
A/N
Oliver Wood
James Potter II
James Potter II - Part 2
Ron Weasley
Tom Riddle x Sara
Albus Potter
Neville Longbottom x Christina Homes
Cedric Diggory
Harry Potter x Scarlette Rose
A/N
Teddy Lupin x Grace
A/N
Valentines Day Special
Tom Riddle x Katelyn
George Weasley x Lauren
George x Lily
Louis Weasley
James Potter I
Fred Weasley x Meg
Sirius x Andrea
Harry Potter x Annaka Malfoy
Harry x Reader x Ron
Draco Malfoy x Stephanie
Young Percy Weasley x Sophie Malfoy
Fred Weasley x Rei
Sirius Black x Animagus Reader
Sirius x Animagus Reader - Part II
(A/N) Anniversary!
Harry Potter x Pauline
Fred Weasley x Skylar
Harry Potter x Katie
Remus Lupin x James's Sister
Sirius Black x Marina
James Potter II x Alice
Sirius Black x Evelyn
Ron Weasley x Madie
Fred Weasley x Michiko
Sirius Black x Mackenzie
Requests Are Closed
James Potter x Allison
Sirius Black x Metamorphagus Reader - Part 2
Remus Lupin x Peach
Remus Lupin x Tina
(A/N) - Apology
Albus Potter x Reader
George Weasley x Rebekah Black-Lupin
George Weasley x Rebekah Black-Lupin - Part 2
Fantastic Beasts x Reader
Newt Scamander x Reader
Newt Scamander x Reader - Part 2
Draco Malfoy x Lauren
(A/N) - Please Read!
Oliver Wood x Reader
Harry Potter x Reader - Part 1
Harry Potter x Reader - Part 2
Harry Potter x Reader - Part 3
Fred Weasley x Reader x George Weasley
Sirius Black x Armelle
A/N - Please Read
Teddy Lupin x Reader (College AU)
Neville x Reader (College AU)
Neville x Female!Reader
Sirius Black x Female Reader (College AU)
Teddy Lupin x Reader
Ron Weasley x Camille
George Weasley x Reader

Sirius Black x Metamorphmagus Reader

8.9K 189 24
By TsaileCreek

Requested by: hannah270

You had three main faces, not that anyone who knew one face knew of the other two. You made sure of it, with a detailed record of which face you used with whom. They were all close enough in resemblance to see the same from afar, but the subtle changes were what mattered. Subtlety was the ultimate art form, and the most successful when you did it right. Which was unfortunately not very often.

Luckily, the subtlety that came with changing faces was the only subtle thing you were good at. And boy were you good at it. A smaller nostril here, a more arched eyebrow there, sunken eyes there. Enough that it could only be seen by the most attentive.

Sirius Black wasn't one of the most attentive people, so he became one of the only people who saw all three of your faces. He didn't know there were different faces, and you planned to keep it that way. In it's own odd way, the metamorphasis was a confidence booster. You felt that in that moment you fit perfectly. You were tall enough or your eyes were shaped right. No matter what, you fit inside the mesh of the universe like a custom mold. Walls fell beneath you as you fit their impossible doorways. Men and women alike didn't have a sharp enough eye to catch your deception, and only you could have the eyes of a hawk. At the snap of a finger, not even the limits of human senses could stop you.

Remus Lupin was probably one of the only people you knew who might be able to see your faces, if he was looking hard enough. He hardly did pay that much attention, especially to someone he was so loosely connected with as you, but you weren't taking any chances. No one knew your secret and it was gonna stay that way. For as long as possible.

Dumbledore seemed like a bumbling old man who often forgot things, but he never did forget how you had a slightly different nose every time you spoke. How your eyes changed their glimmer when you were mad. How you grew by just half an inch when you were intimidated. How you had perfected the art of manipulating people with body language.

You were likely the oddest of all, though no one seemed to mind. You were attentive enough to analyze a situation and decide your best face for that moment, and subtle enough to then change face without being noticed. You also weren't attentive enough to never notice the other Metamorphmagus, Nympadora Tonks, and obvious enough that everyone noticed when you had a new crush. Opposites, just like your faces. Smart enough to ace tests without studying, then turn around and walk into a wall. But there were always the walls that disappeared before you reached them and the tests that no matter how hard you tried you could not force the concept into your mind.

You came to Care for Magical Creatures with your first face, the closest to what you can remember your original face being. Kinder, softer cheekbones, almost baby-faced. Although the face you based it on was an old photo from elementary school. Your true face was long lost now, but you didn't mind. You only needed the faces you had now. They were you more than your original face every was.

The air was crisp and cold and it bit at your face. Freckles involuntarily sprouted against your cheeks, a reaction to the chill. You noticed a couple on your bare hands and did what you could to hide them. Forcing the freckles away was harder than covering them with a darker skin tone, a trick you had learned a long time ago. Many assumed you wore a skin toned blush on your cheeks, rather than the less obvious reason.

The book you held squirmed under your arm, it's furry being shaking with a fury. You stroked the spine lightly with your thumb. Enough to calm it, but not enough to open it. You waited until the moving body of students stopped to open your book. It glided open easily and you smiled, turning to a proper page and turning your attention back to the Professor.

No Hagrid today, instead a less sensible young man with a face that seemed to move like water under the wind. Even with his young eyes, his skin hung loosely but with no wrinkles. You frowned curiously, creating a simple mental image. It was a face you'd want to try out in the mirror in privacy later. It was likely not something you'd use in public, but it certainly made you laugh lightly. It'd be even funnier on your own face. Maybe because you were just naturally more beautiful or because you'd greatly exaggerate the features for the sake of the joke. Large bright eyes that sunk into your skull with long strips of skin hanging like drying meat off your rounded bones.

The other students grumbled as he spoke in a monotonous voice with obvious distaste. The subject of this lesson was Hippogriffs, Hagrid had promised. Even in poor health, he always kept his promises. Even if it meant putting a leash around his poor Buckbeak, as requested by the substitute. McGonagall had insisted he comply, but attended the lesson anyway. She claimed it was so that she could make sure the children were safe, but really she wanted to see how scared the substitute became when Buckbeak was accidentally released. She had it under control of course, she always had things under control.

~

This is definitely not under control. You thought as McGonagall said the same, or more yelled over the panicking students. You were at the front of the group, frozen in place with fear. You changed to your second face as quickly as you could, which only frightened the creature more.

Buckbeak's chain was broken and he was suddenly free. He ran towards the waiting group of students, amusing himself with the idea that the wooden enclosure could hold him. He stamped at the ground next to one of the wooden posts, as though he were a normal horse that couldn't overcome the fence half his height. His wings fluttered against his back, anxious to be released. But he felt like playing, running at the substitute and giving him a good scare as he sprung over the barrier easily without even using his wings.

The student body jumped back, McGonagall rushing in front of them. She was much taller than the other students and Buckbeak's attention was focused on her. But only for a moment. A rather innocent looking student next to her suddenly changed. His nervous eye twitched between McGonagall and you. You were suddenly almost an inch taller, matching the teacher beside you if not for her tall hat. Your hair flared like a scared cat, which was where you learned the trick from, and your eyes narrowed into a predatory hawk-like shape.

You chose the wrong face, you knew that as soon as Buckbeak was coming after you. Threatened was the reaction you had both had at the first sight of the other. You should have chosen your third face, the one you pick when someone else is mad at you. The one to make others guilty. Instead you chose the one when you're threatened. The one that was meant to intimidate.

The second face didn't do it's job nearly well enough, as Buckbeak was stamping against the ground and flaring his wings and he lowered his head and looked over the top of his eyes at you. You suddenly felt very afraid. McGonagall moved to step in front of you and hands behind you dragged at your robes. Your second face, or more the body that came with it, was heavier too, more muscle. The hands grasping at you did nothing.

You didn't switch to your third face. It wasn't your instinct. Your third face was for manipulating, and this wasn't a time you thought mind games would work. Especially on such an emotion driven being like Buckbeak. You exaggerated your second face. Cheekbones sharp as knives, sunken eyes that were brightly colored to strike an unnatural feeling in whomever looked at you, steep eyebrows and a high forehead. Taller your became, stronger you became. Your clothes stretched against the muscle you used to shove everyone out of the way.

You leapt to the side, dragging about a dozen students with you. Buckbeak stampeded forward, turning when he realized you'd moved. He stood still for a moment, gauging his next dash. You stared him down. Your bright eyes against his. Your tall being against his. An entire student body behind you, standing tall but shivering in anticipation.

Buckbeak backed down and you shrunk back to normal. Now was the time for your third face. Manipulation to fix the mistake you may have made. "What was that?" Your voice shivered. "That was not okay."

"Certainly not, Ms. (L/N)," McGonagall said skeptically. "Certainly not."

"Are you alright?" A voice brought you away from McGonagall's scrutinizing look.

You turned away from the Professor towards the face of Sirius Black, still completely oblivious. He seemed more concerned than anything. He took your face in his hands. Your breath finally left your lungs and you felt a weight lift. "Are you alright?" He repeated. Remus was behind him, looking just as worried. James was fawning over Lily somewhere in the crowd of panicked students.

"Not really," You said. Your heart was still beating rapidly and Sirius could feel it under his fingers against your face. It wasn't beating from fright, more from the stress of having to feed oxygen to a body with twice as much muscle and taller legs. It was calming now that you were back to normal size.

"Me neither," He laughed, finally letting go of your face and embracing you tightly. Your shoulders felt smaller than he remembered, but maybe his arms were just longer. "You were so brave."

"More like stupid," You laughed, still feeling red hot embarrassment over the mess you'd made by letting your emotions dictate her face.

Sirius let go of you and you went to hug Remus, who looked absolutely terrified. "It's not your fault," You said with a chuckle, reading his mind almost exactly. He loosened and laughed quietly. "Not entirely. I should have done more."

"You did plenty," You said. "I felt you trying to pull at my robes. Next time don't go for the tearaway cape."

He laughed and his face gained a bit more color. "Sorry, that wasn't me. All Sirius." He nodded over to the long haired boy who was still watching you with immense concern.

"Really? He was pulling so weakly I thought it was you!"

"Hey!" They both protested.

"I am not weak," Remus said, just as Sirius was saying, "You've just gotten fat."

You laughed, but you weren't sure who you were laughing at. Likely both. You changed back to your first face, feeling more comfortable now. Remus's fond face contorted just enough for you to notice. He was looking you straight in the eye.

"What is it?" You said innocently, changing just slightly to a mix between your first and third face. He shook his head and said. "Nothing."

Your trick had worked this time, and you hoped it would hold for long enough for him to forget. McGonagall lead the students back to the castle. Buckbeak was nowhere in sight, but you had an odd feeling he was nearby and watching you. Sirius was one of the students assigned to help carry back the unconscious substitute, as he was one of the only guys there and the strongest of what was there. He didn't stop watching you to whole way back. At least Remus was subtle with his staring. You switched to your third face, when you were sure no one was looking which took most of the walk. Remus had started looking torn and rather guilty. Your tricks were starting to work too well. You needed to be more careful.

When you got back to your dormitory, you didn't practice the new face in the mirror. Instead you tried to find your original face. None of them seemed to fit anymore. They all had one thing in common though. They were the face of a troublemaker.

(A/N There WILL be a part 2, I promise! I really like this idea.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 35 9
Just some fanfic and oneshots of the Marauders! Hope you enjoy, and please leave comments and constructive feedback! [All characters belong to JK Row...
20.5K 186 27
One shots of the characters from Harry Potter. Please leave requests. I will do any character of any relation. The OC Will be female unless someone r...
66.9K 1.1K 23
Some wizarding world imagines/one-shots ! Super open to requests ☺️
7.4K 107 16
... Inspired by and dedicated to @everlovingdeer ... A collection of Harry Potter oneshots. These are all for a female reader, so I'm sorry if you're...