You are MINE!

By lailamehtaab

The line separating darkness and light is very thin, no one knows when they will stumble upon the other side... More

Prologue
Chapter#1
Chapter#2
Chapter#3
Chapter#4
Chapter#5
Chapter#6
Chapter#7
Chapter#8
Chapter#9
Author's Note
Chapter#10
Chapter#11
Chapter#12
Chapter#13
Chapter#14
Chapter#15
Chapter#16
Chapter#17
Chapter#18
Chapter#19
Chapter#20
Chapter#21
Chapter#22
Chapter#23
Chapter#24
Chapter#25
Chapter#26
Chapter#27
Chapter#28
Chapter#29
Chapter#30
Chapter#31
Chapter#32
Chapter#33
Chapter#34
Chapter#35
Chapter#36
Chapter#37
Chapter#38
Chapter#39
Chapter#40
Chapter#41
Chapter#42
Chapter#43
Chapter#44
Author Note (Reasons)
Good News
Chapter # 45
Chapter# 46
Chapter# 47
Chapter #49
Chapter # 50
Chapter #51
Chapter # 52
Chapter # 53
Chapter # 54
Chapter # 55
Chapter # 56
Explanation
You Will Always be Mine
Be Mine

Chapter #48

104K 4.4K 602
By lailamehtaab

Melody: "Kiss the Rain" by Yiruma

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

I pondered a lot for a long time as I lay on the sofa. In the end, this only brought me to the decision that I will directly ask everything to Moosa. There were many puzzles that are not fitting in any place. With an audible sigh, I got up and prayed Isha prayer. The whole time during prayer, I couldn't ignore the sting in my arm every time I moved it. Perhaps it was because of the shirt's fitted sleeve?

I think it is better to change it...

I stride towards Moosa's wardrobe and pulled out one of his favourite black button-up shirts. After changing into his extra large-sized shirt, I felt much comfortable and it also doesn't hurt much now. But the scent that was coming from the shirt was making me insane. I unconsciously turned around many times in search of him. 

"I think I really have lost my mind." I mumbled, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

'Besides, you look hot in my shirt. You look like... Mine.'

'I look like... His.'

I kept my gaze on the person that is reflected in the mirror. I couldn't believe how much I have changed in these past few months. I was never this submissive nor timid. I behave completely out of my personality when I am near him. All of my boldness vanishes when he comes close to me and I feel like I should surrender myself to him whenever he reaches for me.

I was startled by the sound of the doorbell which quickly brought me back to reality. On opening the door, I found Moosa with a tired look on his face. I quickly walked towards him, mumbling 'Assalam o Alaikum.' He closed the door after coming in and handed over a bag of 'Bundu Khan' to me.

"Wallaikum Assalam! Serve it. I am famished." He said while taking off his shoes.

"What is it?" I asked, walking towards the kitchen.

"Chapli Kabab and Paratha."

"Really?"

"Yes, don't yo-" I didn't hear what he said next because all of my attention is already on the food. Without thinking, I inhale the delicious smell coming from the Kabab.

"This smells so yummy. Love you." It's been ages since I ate Chapli Kabab. 

"You love me or food?" He smirked.

"You." The word left my mouth before I knew it. His track stopped in midway as he gave me an astonished look and then it hits me.

Crap!

I bit my tongue and quickly avert my gaze but the sound of footsteps approaching is making me move to the side until I am finally cornered by his arms.

Great!

"I think I heard something like you love me. Right?" He asked as he slouches to my height. I shook my head in negative.

"So you're going to deny now?" He chuckled.

"No." I abruptly said.

"Then you are admitting that you love me?" His smirk widened.

"Yes... I mean... you brought my favourite Kabab." I mentally face palmed myself.

"Means you will love anyone who brought your favourite food?" He leaned closer. It might be my imagination but I felt his muscles tensed up and his tone of voice change into serious.

"Huh? Wait, no. That's not what I meant." I scowled when he kept quiet and I began pushing him away from me.

"And how can you even think like that?!... First Bhai and now you? Do all men think the same way or I am floozy? " I couldn't hold myself back from shouting and after that, I didn't wait there to hear his explanations.

~*~

Moosa's POV:

I was left standing in the kitchen dumbfounded.

What have I done?

I wasn't trying to tease her when I mentioned her loving anyone who brought food. Actually, I was annoyed. I hate it, how long she was planning to run from me and why does she have to be so damn stubborn?

The words that came out of my mouth was nothing more than the result of my irritation. But I never thought that it could be taken out of context and now I am really regretting letting my anger take over me.

The way she reacted was shocking to me. I didn't realize how deeply she was hurt by her brother's words. I thought she had overcome it. I sighed, massaging my temples and glanced at the food.

I totally ruined her mood...

I know she doesn't eat when she is angry and falls asleep easily after crying. Which was about to happen now. I could hear her low sobs coming from the other room. She didn't go into our bedroom, which means she didn't want to see me. I thought of going to her after taking a shower but I couldn't leave her crying like this.

I carefully opened the door and found Noor sitting on the floor at the corner of the room, hugging her knees. I felt a sudden stab in my heart, she looked like one of those vulnerable girls we often rescue during our missions.

I stride to her and pulled her in my arms after sitting beside her. She wiggled to get free but gave up with a hiss.

"Your arm is still hurting?" I asked, frowning at her arm.

"Why would you care?" She snapped.

"Are you going to answer me properly or should I check it myself?" It always irritates me when I didn't get a straight answer.

"Noor, answer me." I said more strictly.

"Don't talk to me in this tone. I am not one of your men." She yelled between her sobs.

Abe yar...

"Okay fine... I am sorry, Noor. I..." I paused for a moment to find the suitable words and pulled her closer. "I have forgotten how to live in a relationship... It had always been just me and my men... What to say, where to stop, how to behave. I don't remember anything at all... I never thought about having my own family before I saw you... and now, when I have you in my life, I am still clueless about many things." I said while drawing circles on her back, at that moment I notice she was wearing my shirt.

"I am sorry, love." I kissed her head.

She nodded and buried her face into my chest.

Can I ask you something?" She asked, clutching my shirt.

"Hm?"

"How old are you?"

"Hyn (What)?" I look at her but she didn't raise her head.

"It's just a general question." She defended.

"You mean you really don't know?"

How can this be possible???

"You never told me." She stated.

"You could have asked before or observed it from my ID card. It's always in my wallet and it was there too when you took out the earring."

"I... didn't notice." She mumbled and a smile slowly formed on my face.

Of course, you didn't ... you were taken over by jealousy...

I found it amusing that my wife was jealous thinking about another woman in my life.

"I am twenty-eight," I said, taking off her hair clips. For some odd reason I enjoy doing this and she hates it.

"Ary!" She shrieked.

"You look better this way." I said, running my fingers in her soft hair.

"No need for flattery." She narrowed her eyes at me and was about to get up when I pull her again to sit beside me.

"Where are you going?"

"Kitchen. You're hungry na?"

"If it's just me then leave it and stay." I really didn't want her to go, not yet at least.

"No... I am also-"

"Fine!" I left her hand.

"But wait until I've taken a shower." She got up and nodded.

~*~

"The voice evidence got accepted. Now the Kamil and his family's case are officially closed. All of them were killed by Mrs Sherazi's men and she became the victim of her own organization for leaving trails of crime."

"Hm! It is not our headache anymore. So don't waste time and energy further. Call all of our men back."

"Okay MB. Anything else?"

"Yes. Arrange a tutor for Mahnoor. There is not much time left before her examination and you should have gone back to your hostel too when I came home. No more time-wasting, Yawar."

"Sure. Allah Hafiz, MB." He replied in a dull voice. He didn't like living away from the rest of us.

"Allah Hafiz." I said and end the call.

It was past midnight and I didn't feel like sleeping. I lit another cigarette and leaned back on the sofa. My eyes were still on the piano and my fingers were itching to play it. If it wasn't for Noor who was sleeping in the next room, I would've played it without caring about our neighbours.

Mahnoor ...

I closed my eyes and her flushed face flashes in my mind when I bandaged her arm after dinner.

Her injury wouldn't have hurt if she didn't take off her bandage. I was so careful with her but still, it ended up like this. I was glad that I didn't drug her directly at first and If I think back about the whole scenario, it wasn't necessary in the first place to give her the antidote. I was being overprotective, but no plan is perfect and it is better to take cautions. In case if something went against what I have planned, she would eventually wake up and be able to move after a fixed amount of time. What I couldn't expect was the reaction of the drug. It was a light dosage and normally it would affect anyone like she was affected. So I had to give her another drug after a few hours.

The sound of the door opening brought me back to reality and I quickly put out the cigarette. Noor stood at the door until her eyes adjusted with light.

"Smoking too much is injurious to health." She announced, standing at the entrance.

"Why are you awake?" I asked after a chuckle.

"Slept too much today." She walked over to the piano, "It's different from what we have at home?"

"Yes, it's an upright piano." I said, watching her every move carefully. How she touched the keys of the piano like it would break into pieces if she puts pressure on it.

"Does it have a different sound?" She asked curiously.

"Want to hear?" I walked towards her.

"Right now?"

"Yes."

"But it's late."

"Don't worry. Our neighbours can handle it for one night." I dragged a chair from the side and pointed at it.

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

Taking the hint, I sat nervously beside his seat. I might be excited to listen to him playing the piano but it was quite late.

Combing his hair back with his fingers, he started playing an unknown melody. It sounded beautiful in the silence of the night. His eyes were focused on the piano and his long slender fingers skilfully move on the keys. I have noticed how different his hands were from Papa and Bhai's. Both of them work in the mechanics' field, so their hands are quite hard compared to his soft ones. I stared at his hands in complete awe but soon was pulled back to reality when one of those soft hands pinched my nose.

"Aiii." I slapped his hand.

"What were you staring?" He asked.

"Your hands." I said, frowning.

"What about them?"

"They are soft." I admit honestly.

Moosa laughed out loud before saying, "You like my hair, you like my piano playing, you like my hands... Why don't you simply admit that you like me?"

Eh?

"Hyn?... Ji nahi (not at all). Stop daydreaming." He chuckled when I get up to leave.

"So, have you checked it?" He asked out of nowhere but the humour in his voice was still there.

"Check what?"

"My ID card."

"No. Why would I check it?"

"Because you didn't believe when I told you my age." He said plainly.

"It wasn't like I didn't believe you. It's just... I thought... you look older."

"It's the same thing, Noor."

"Sorry!" I sat back on the seat.

"It's fine. I don't mind. I have told you before that if you have any questions, you can ask." He said looking at the piano chords.

"What is your qualification?"

What am I asking???

"Am I applying for a job?" He asked, raising a brow.

"You said I can ask."

"True" He chuckled, "Well... I have done Masters in Applied Chemistry." My eyes widened on this information.

"Fake degree?" I still didn't believe it.

"Why would I need a fake degree?" He sounds offended.

"To impress others?" My best guess.

"Dear wife of mine, will you tell me why would I want to impress others?"

"You don't go back to your hometown anymore?" I changed the topic when I didn't find a suitable answer.

"I am planning to go now with you." He smiled.

"Means you didn't go before?"

"No, after leaving home, I never went back. There was no reason to go back. No parents, no siblings, nothing." He stared out the window, I followed his gaze to the view of the city. Without thinking, I got up and opened it.

"Everything looks beautiful from up here." I said out loud.

Putting both of my hands on the railing, I bend over to take a look but quickly step back. I wasn't afraid of heights but being on the fourteenth floor was too much for me.

"Scared?" I heard Moosa's voice from behind me.

"A little."

"I see." He leaned against the window after closing it.

"Can I ask more questions?" I still felt hesitant about asking about him.

He nodded.

"Where were you when your family died?"

"My father was a cunning man. He knew very well that he cannot do anything to my sisters or mother if I were there. I was thirteen back then but thanks to my abusive father, I learnt how to fight and defend myself. Something I am not proud of, this sort of confidence in a child is dangerous." He paused for a minute and continued, "I was called to retrieve my father who was found unconscious in the nearby city. It was a lie to lure me out. As soon as I left, my father came home and ... you know the rest." His eyes were staring into space.

I couldn't find any words to say. So, I stepped closer and stand next to him, but instantly regret it as he pushed me to the wall and puts both of his hands on either side of me.

"You know you could have hugged me if you feel sorry or wanted to comfort me."

I am still not used to his mood swings...

"Sorry!" I blurted out.

"Idiot." He murmured, cupping my face with both hands.

"I am not." I frowned.

"I know." He said before capturing my lips and without having a second thought, I gave in.

I have changed because of this man...

_______________________________

Bundu Khan: A famous restaurant of traditional food in Pakistan.

* Chapli Kabab: A popular Pakistani and Afghani dish, usually made with minced beef or lamb.

Salam and hello everyone!

*Thank you, readers, once again for reading the story and supporting.

*So! Back to the story now:
I hope I clear all the confusion you guys have about drugging Mahnoor.

* Follow me on Instagram and 'Lailamehtaab' of Facebook for update news of YRM and YWABM

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 15.1K 52
"She is not my wife... Do you hear me? She will never be my wife...she is just my dead wife's sister for me... Nothing else...," -Mustafa Hamad Makhd...
13.7K 553 18
DARK ROMANCE "Sir, I am in a dire need of loan. Its very important, my friends life is at stake. I assure you I'll try my best to return the loan as...
3M 167K 72
He is a psychopath. For her. #1 The Desi Psychopath Series The glass from her hand dropped and she was about to run towards her brother. But... "Shh...
QAIS By

Romance

25K 1.9K 32
She was his mirage, a dream he could only chase. He was her living hell, a nightmare she could not escape. __________________________ Layla Mustafa i...