The New World

By joeymwagner

"This is a story of a lifetime. I have been working on this for so long now. I searched so many journals, mis... More

The Discovery
The Awakening
The Interrogation Part 2
The Reunion
The President
The Presentation Part 1
The Presentation Part 2
The Presentation Part 3 -The System-
The Presentation Part 4
The Presentation Part 5
The Presentation Part 6 -The Hit-
The Disapperance
Fuska?
Where was Fuska?
FAQ Chapter 1
FAQ Chapter 2
Their First Act
Greg Rowan
A little note
The Restaurant
A Reminder
Africa
The Money Issue
The Certificate
The Sum up
School System
A Question
Summary
The Beginning of the End
The Artificial Womb Center
Here We Go!
The Big Reveal Part 1 -The Plan-
The Big Reveal Part 2 -The Meeting-
The Boat One
Old Chapter: So Where was Fuska, Really?
The Emergency Meeting
The AR Problem
The Goodbye Part 1
The Goodbye Part 2
The Funeral
The Leak
The Video
The Run
The Escape
The Escape Part 2
The Prison
My First Visitor
Saey's Letter
The End
Final Explanation

The Interrogation Part 1

350 94 28
By joeymwagner

Gleb's interview.

Officer Fox

"I have great questions for you. Everyone keeps writing the questions they wanna know."

Gleb

"Everyone? You told everyone?" He asked very excitedly.

Officer Fox

"Well, not really, just everyone at the office."

Gleb

"Alright\ I understand why you don't believe us, and you don't want to tell them unless you are sure."

Officer Fox

"Thank you for understanding... Alright first question, This flood thing, did it affect the entire world?"

Gleb

"Well.... Not exactly but our world system was completely different than yours. We were in Africa which should be bigger by the way, I checked out your map and it has missing pieces. Anyway the entire continent Africa affected from the flood."

Officer Fox

"What about other continents?"

Gleb

"It didn't affect them as much as it affected us."

Officer Fox

"You see the obvious question here, right?"

Gleb

"Then why did the entire technology is gone?"

Officer Fox

"Exactly"

Gleb

"That's fair. Look, first you gotta understand we were living in a different time it was so different..it was like a different planet.... It didnt look like this one at all. The system, the priorities of people, the living style....everything... everything changed so much.

OK... I will start from the beginning. We came this great place in technology, we could do stuff you can't even imagine and I can't even describe. And this technology was accesible to anyone. Unethical stuff that I can't even mention, was pretty common back in our days. So some people was against this golden age of technology. They denied it's existence...

A riot has begun against the technology. There were actually people who was trying to stop it and destroy it.

You think a small group wouldn't make a difference but it spread like a virus. A lot of people joined them and the system decided to give them a place to live on their own."

Officer Fox

"The system?"

Gleb

" There are a lot of things you don't understand here and I CAN'T TELL YOU, I can't tell you everything in one day, right? You gotta let us do a presentation where we can explain everything.

I'm sorry but we are talking about an entire world system. There are so many things so many details, If I tell you everything about the system we would be here all week."

Officer Fox

"OK. So the SYSTEM decided to move them. Move where?"

Gleb

"To South America."

Officer Fox

"To South America? Everyone?"

Gleb

"Every single one of them. "

Officer Fox

"And nobody said no to this?"

Gleb

"It was the system's call. It is final. You will understand when you know what the system is."

Officer Fox

"So tell me."

Gleb

"It's complicated, OK?. I have to show you ON MY PRESENTATION."

Officer Fox

"Why are you so obsessed with this presentation anyway? Why do you care so much about everyone knowing your story?"

Gleb

"Because they have to know the truth."

Officer Fox

"Which is?"

Gleb

"YOU ARE LIVING A LIE."

Officer Fox

"Is that right? Did your SYSTEM tell you this?"

Gleb

"That's not how it works. But you will get it , all of you."

Officer Fox

"Yeah. SURE. OK go on.Your system decided to move them to America. You gave them an entire continent?

Gleb

"There were millions of them."

Officer Fox

"MILLIONS?"

Gleb

"I told you it was a huge riot."

Officer Fox

"What about the people who are already in america?"

Gleb

"The ones who prefer to stay, they were welcome, the other ones had to move. It was the greatest migration of all time."

Officer Fox

"I think this might be the stupidest thing I have ever heard."

Gleb

"Oh yeah? But It worked great. The riot has stopped. The ones who rejected technology built their world as they wished. And the rest of the world kept doing whatever they wanted to do."

Officer Fox

"So they rejected the entire technology?"

Gleb

"No no of course not. Just the unethical stuff and Some electronic devices too. "

Officer Fox

"This story is so ridiculous that it's like you don't want me to believe you."

Gleb

"If you are trying to make someone believe something, your story must be realistic, right?

Officer Fox

"Exactly."

Gleb

"So you do believe , I am not trying to convince you to anything, I am just telling you the truth."

Officer Fox

"I didnt say that."

Gleb

"Why would I make this up?"

Officer Fox

"I don't know maybe You are crazy but that is not the biggest problem right now...I wanna hear it, let's go back. So could you visit their continent whenever you want?"

Gleb

"Of course.You just had to follow their rules"

Officer Fox

"Didn't they go extinct or something at some point?"

Gleb

"Yeah SURE! Their numbers were going up every year. Everyday, something gets invented and it bothers some people, then they they just decide to move too. They got so crowded that eventually they got the North America too."

Officer Fox

"What?! What the hell were you inventing that make all those people run away?"

Gleb

"That is the one question I can not answer. I don't wanna ruin your world too."

Officer Fox

"So you were one of them too then?"

Gleb

"Not exactly. But I definitely did want to move"

Officer Fox

"Then why didn't you?"

Gleb

"My job was kinda... invent things so.."

"..."

Brief moment of silence

"You got another question there or can we stop this? At least for now?" asked Gleb

Officer Fox

"Alright last question for today. So the entire technology is gone. But then how? ...Oh...Oh.. Wait.. I got it.

The flood didn't affect america but every technologic device is gone because they didn't have any. Every invented thing was in the other continents and they were affected by the great flood.

Gleb

"Congratulations."

Officer Fox

"OK, that makes sense, I guess.. But but wouldn't we have found some evidence under the ocean, all the machines you built, all devices etc.?"

Gleb

"You said one question come on"

Officer Fox

-"OK. This is the last last question, I promise. Answer this and you can go.. for today."

Gleb

"To my cell."

Officer Fox

"...Its not a cell."

Gleb

"It is locked and I can't leave and I am alone so..."

Officer Fox

"You do know why we do this. We can't let you go until we are sure...."

Gleb

"Yeah yeah yeah OK. Listen. I am gonna answer your question, you are ready?

Officer Fox

"Yeah."

Gleb

"What is your devices made from? You know generally, most things. Plastic, metal , wood.. right? Well I'm not sure but that's all I observed from my CELL!"

Officer Fox

"OK fine, I got it, Just answer the question"

Gleb

"When did you invent plastic?"

Officer Fox

"I don't know 100 years ago? What's your point?"

Gleb

"My point is even 100 years ago you weren't using the same material when you are building something right? Well I'm 9000 years old. Do you think we were using the same equipment you are using right now?"

"..."

"We were using a material called "ASLEX" . It is eco-friendly. It dissolves in salty water in about 100 years. That wasn't a problem because nothing we built was supposed to be under salty water for 100 years.

Officer Fox

"But america survived you said. Didn't they save some....?"

Gleb

-Oh god Last question, last, do you know what 'last' means?

Officer Fox

"Alright alright."

Gleb

"Uhhh. Are you listening to yourself? America. They were the ones who rejected everything. Now I don't know what happened after we froze ourselves obviously but they probably destroyed all the remaining stuff and buried them for good because they didn't want them and now everything is dissolved, gone."

Officer Fox

"You keep surprising me. Either this is the greatest prank of all time or the greatest discovery we have ever made. I'm gonna try to arrange that presentation you keep talking about."

Gleb

"Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

723 100 33
The future is predetermined. It can't be changed. But who casts the future in stone? It's you, me, and every one of us. The iron grip of our fate doe...
15K 1.8K 33
Sixteen years ago, my sisters and I moved from France to the United States to live the American dream. Not long after, I met Declan, a marine who was...
3.9K 232 30
100 years ago, amidst WW3's nuclear bombing, a deadly virus was released in the atmosphere and nearly wiping out the humanity. It lives inside the hu...
146 46 38
This planet, will now be my new home, has I will protect it with the best of my ability, has they welcomed me... Until, the secret of this life, thi...