Escaping Rejection

By QueenDarkHope

He had strength, she had powers she didn't know she had. He hated her after what her parents did to his fami... More

Prologue
Preface
1 . Candies and Alphas
2 . Mates and heartbreaks
3 . Regrets and reminiscences (Zayden's POV)
4 . Lies or untold truths?
5. Time travels and heart to hearts.
7 . Feelings and histories. (Zayden's POV)
8 . Reunions and Runaways.
9 . Siblings and Castles.
10 . Big bangs and Baits. (Both POV)
11 . Betrayals and Sacrifices.
12 . Psychos and Murderers.
13 . Arrows and Guilts. (Zayden's POV)
14 . Strength and Apologies (3rd Person POV)
15 . Revelations and Reality Shows.
16 . Despises and Captures.
17 . Captors and Captivators.
18 . Stripper poles and Cat fights. (Zayden's POV)
19 . Shades and Green.
20 . Lost Princesses and friends. (Zayden's POV)
21 . Air Vents and Takeovers.
22 . Fools in love or lust?
23 . Mothers and Stupid mates.
IMPORTANT RAMBLE.
24 . Stenches and Growls. (Zayden's POV)
25. Pretend mothers and bad fathers
26 . Spirits and Peer Pressure.
27 . Drool and Ice Princesses.
Bonus Chapter : Third Person POV ( 5K SPECIAL)
28 . Awkwardness and Lost Wolves.
29 . In-laws and Stolen Kisses
30 . Stink eyes and Wolfy Confessions.
31 . Good news and Bad News
32 . Commands and Family fights.
33 . Cockblockers and New connections
34 . Delusions and Brands. (3rd Person POV)
*2018*
35 . Flashes and New faces.
36 . More stolen kisses and siblings
37 . Glass and Flames
38. More Relatives and Problems
39. Words and Whispers
40. Deities and Saviours
41. Trust and War
42. Love and loneliness.
43. More secrets and stones
44 . Pieces and negotiations
45 . Zombies and fires
46 . Vision and Change
47. Dungeons and Promises (Zayden's POV)
48. Trainings and selflessness.
49 . Actresses and Goddesses
50 . Meetings and goodbyes
Epilogue

6 . Almost kisses and spaces.

10.4K 349 20
By QueenDarkHope

Almost kisses and spaces.

Ionora's Pov :

The hospital room I was in was in the last floor of his pack house which seemed to be empty of pack members. Following Zayden down the stairs , I couldn't help but stare at his sexy back. How could someone's back look so attractive? It's not fair when others like me had a non attractive back and front.

"My ass is burning from the intensity of your stare , Ionora." He says , not looking back but I could tell he was smirking.

"Well , I was always taught to admire beautiful things especially things I didn't own myself." Woah , where did that courage come from?

"Oh. Don't worry babe. You have a pretty sweet ass yourself. I could stare at it all day. "He told me , how voice turning even lower and huskier.
I blushed. And it was not one of those adorable blushes. Oh no! When I blushed, my full face and ears turned a bright red and it could pretty much be mistaken for constipation.

"Perv."

"Only for you , baby. "He purred. And before I could retort , he had me pinned against the wall in the middle of the stairs. His eyes were hooded with lust and his warm breath fanned over my face. In short , he was making me horny. Like the "I don't even know who I am or where I am" type of horny.

Kiss him , kiss him , kiss him.
Liane kept chanting in my head.

And I almost did , if it weren't for the sound of plates falling down and breaking which finally brought us out of our lust-filled states. I was thankful for the interruption as I could have done something I would regret later on. Because let's face it , the kiss was fueled by lust and not by any sort of genuine feeling. I knew he still didn't trust me and I kind-of understood where he was coming from. The key word being kind-of. He decided not to trust me on the basis of two people I never really knew?

The maid who dropped the plates was frozen in shock below the stairs and one look at Zayden's face reduced her to a stuttering mess.

"S-Shit. I m-mean , s-sorry Alpha. I swear I-I didn't mean to interrupt. I-I....." her words came out all jumbled and reflected the fear get eyes held. She looked young , about 16 years of age and was beautiful in an exotic sort of way with tanned skin and dark hair. I had a feeling that we could be good friends provided I get to stay in this pack.

"It's alright Tiffany. Just make sure you clean this up and don't repeat it again." Zayden sighed , clearly frustrated about the interruption. Ha! He thought he could get a taste of my lips that easily?

Pretty sure you were begging for him to kiss you five minutes ago

What? Nope. That was you , Liane. Talk about peer pressure.

Yeah , sure. Blame it all on me. Stupid human.

"Ionora? Are you alright?" Zayden asked , breaking me out of my conversation with Miss Grumpyfur. Get it? She is a wolf and doesn't wear pants and only has fur? Haha. God I'm hilarious.
I hadn't even noticed that Tiffany had left , presumably to clean up the mess.

"Yeah. I'm good. Just having a heart to heart with my wolf." I smiled , flashing him a peace sign. Weird? I know.

"You have to show me your wolf sometime. Maybe we could go for a run?"He said nonchalantly , but I picked up on the underlying doubt in his tone.

"Why don't you tell me straight up that you don't believe that I have a wolf and that you think I'm a convinning bitch like my 'parents'."
I said in a pissed off voice. The fact that he didn't trust me even a tiny bit hurt a lot. Didn't I basically tell him everything about myself? Or at least what I remembered.

Zayden looked troubled , like he wanted to deny whatever I just said but both him and I knew it was true. He entered a room which turned out to be the kitchen.

"Look I'm trying okay? I know we are mates and you would never hurt me. But then again I'm also an Alpha and I must think for my pack as well. We have suffered a lot and are still suffering due to those two filths. And it doesn't help that whenever I look at you , I see your mother's face while she held a knife to my father's throat. Every time I look into your eyes , I see your father with cruel cold eyes holding my mother captive as her husband was killed before her eyes. Every time I look at you , I see two despicable beings that could go to any lengths , even slaughtering young children to have their way. And I'm sorry I don't trust you yet , but you can't blame me , not when you remind me of the two people I hate the most." Zayden finished , holding on to the table for support.

I couldn't move. It was like someone had thrown a bucket full of ice cold water and I was frozen. I could feel the broken remnants of my heart further shattering into tiny pieces and there was a gaping hole in the place of my heart. All my life I had struggled with acceptance , been rejected wherever I went. But I still continued in the hopes that one day someone would accept me , love me and trust me. But I guess happiness was just not meant for me.

" I guess there's no use of me being here then." I said with a blank face , wiping away the tears which I never realized I shed.

"What? I'm sure I could learn to trust you. I just need some time. I need to see that you are nothing like them."

"If I remind you of them so much just by my face then why does it matter? My looks are never going to change. You may trust me after sometime but a part of you will always be reminded of my parents when you look at me." I said , trying not to break down , but it was hard not to.

"Ionora I-"

"Don't, Zayden." I say , cutting him off. "I think we both need space. You clearly haven't moved on from whatever happened and you are punishing me for no fault of mine. Is if my fault that I look like the people you despise? You clearly need to make a decision. If I cause you so much pain then why don't you just reject me?" Saying that felt like a thousand knives stabbing me at once but it had to be said.
Even he winced when I said that.

"Because I can't Ionora. I can't let you go. You are still my mate no matter what and my wolf needs you. Why do you think I came back for you after running away? It's because I can't stop thinking of you. Yes , there is a part of me which hates the fact that you are a Zendale. That you even have a drop of their blood. But there is another part of me which can't seem to let you go. Which wants you , no , needs you to become mine." He was breathing heavily at the end of his rant.
I ignored the flutter of my heart when he said he wants to make me his and asked, "And which 'part' of yours do you want to listen to?" , dreading to hear his response.

"I don't know" he said , looking at me with sorrow , pain and uncertainty.

"Wow. So you expect me to wait for you while you decide whether or not to accept me?" I said , shocked. "And in the end if you decide to reject me , I need to accept it and go away? " he didn't reply. He looked like he was fighting an inner battle. Liane whimpered quietly in the back of my mind. Zayden's lack of response hurt her as much as it hurt me.

But for a wolf , the bond was much stronger. It was like a physical and spiritual connection between two souls. The connection is built on love and trust and when one of the two is missing , it caused immense pain for our wolves.

I could feel a dull ache start in my head with all this thinking and arguing. Lack of sleep and food had also taken a toll on me. When you're living your life as a rogue , food becomes a luxury and it had been days since I last ate. I just wanted to curl up with a blanket and wake up like all this had been a dream. A bad dream. Not the meeting Zayden part but the whole 'me being a witch part'.

First discovering that your parents are alive , then that they are witches and that you are a part witch and that your mate doesn't trust you one bit. Was it 'make Ionora's life as crappy as possible' day or something?

"You know what? You need to make up your mind. Accept me or reject me. I just can't stand seeing you look at me with disgust in your eyes which may be directed towards my parents but it doesn't hurt me any less. Rejecting me will cause me more pain than that but it would also save you the pain of seeing a copy of your parent's murderers every morning. I'm sure I could stand the pain of rejection as I'm used to it by now. So sleep on it and tell me your decision tomorrow , yeah?" I said , acting nonchalant about it but my insides were screaming otherwise. I turned away from him before I could see his reaction and headed outside the kitchen.

"And don't worry , I'll find the guest bedroom on my own. Good night." I said , leaving the kitchen , but not before sneakily grabbing a pack of flaming hot cheetos someone left on the dining table. Might as well eat free food while I'm here.

^.^.^.^.^.^.^

A/N :
Took me a long time to write. It isn't much but I promise the exciting stuff is coming soon. And Zayden didn't talk much did he? I'm thinking of doing Zayden's Pov for this chapter but I'm not sure. So what do you think?
And a 100+ reads in less than two weeks!!! Omg ...thank you.
And please vote and comment if you liked it and if you didn't , tell me how i could improve.
Thank you. And Stay safe.♥

Edited - 10/01/2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 1K 29
(Mature content: 18+) 👉🏽👉🏽👉🏽COMPLETED Highest Ranking: #1 Regrets #1 heal #4 warriors #1 rejection #3 witch ROMANCE. SEX. WAR. HEAL. REVENGE...
134K 529 4
*WARNING!!!!!! EXCERPT ONLY!!! Full version available only on Dreame and Amazon.* "Soon, Ellie." He takes a whiff from my neck before whispering se...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
2.1M 45.9K 29
"You know the stories about the alpha who rejected his mate, but she's pregnant? Yeah, I'm the daughter in one of those stories. My mom found my dad...