The Crescent

Da smammmers

I’m a rogue, what can I say? Born into the Crescent Pack, my parents disowned me, convincing the Alpha to ba... Altro

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1, Another Day of Hell
Chapter 2, Rogue vs Rogues
Chapter 3, Alpha Cody
Chapter 4, Cake For Breakfast!
Chapter 5, Part of a Pack
Chapter 6, The Happenings of Yellowknife
Chapter 7, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock
Chapter 8, Deal With The Devil
Chapter 9, Meet The Parents
Chapter 10, The Strange Stench
Chapter 11, Claimed
Chapter 12, Forced Meeting With The Parents
Chapter 13, Another White Wolf
Chapter 14, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock
Chapter 15, Halo vs Need For Speed
Chapter 16, Night On The Town
Chapter 17, Kidnapped
Chapter 19, Vera vs Dingo
Chapter 20, An Uptight Pack
Chapter 21, Cell Buddies
Chapter 22, Prison Riot
Chapter 23, The Official Meeting
Chapter 24, Coming Home
Chapter 25, Rocky The Flying Squirrel
Chapter 26, Facing Reality
Chapter 27, The Tenacious Beta
Chapter 28, Dead White Wolf
Chapter 29, An Interesting Day
Chapter 30, Day On The Town
Chapter 31, Mates
Chapter 32, Official Luna
Chapter 33, Home Again.....
Chapter 34, Putting On My Game Face
Chapter 35, The War Is On!
Chapter 36, Post War Meetings
Chapter 37, Chasing Gerald
Chapter 38, The Human Colony
Chapter 39, Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 40, Still Alive
Chapter 41, Coming to Terms
Chapter 42, Just a Sip
Epilogue
Sequel and Author's Note

Chapter 18, It's War Then!

32.6K 1.1K 27
Da smammmers

Chapter 17

Running through the trees, my Dad was clearly furious with me and now that he knew he could no longer attack me; I just took off saving him the internal argument with himself.

Skipping through the trees, I reached our pack’s border soon enough; I wasn’t going to leave but this was always the best place to go to get away from my Dad.

Hearing a stick snap to my right, I saw the shadow of a small wolf, preparing to attack them.

Walking forward out of the shadows; the wolf soon flashed its ginger fur as it trotted off into the trees; only to come back in its human form.

The man stood tall; seeming unafraid he had practically let his guard down to another wolf.

Deciding I wanted to talk to this guy, I couldn’t care if he was a rogue; I was that upset with my family now, I really didn’t care.

Slipping my little bag off my back that I always carried with me, I also trotted over to some random tree.   My human form soon taking over; I dressed in some oversized t-shirt with shorts, returning to see the man looking at me curiously.

‘What you’re not going to attack me?  I think I like you already’.

Smirking, I had to give this guy credit; he seemed to understand me and I didn’t even think he was from the Crescent Pack.

‘I’m Vera, ruler of the sheep around here; you ever want one slaughtered for free, hit me up; I couldn’t give a damn what my parents think’.

The man stepping forward, I took a step back instinctively not trusting this strange wolf.  He extended out his hand, obviously wanting to shake like he enjoyed human gestures.

Taking his hand in mine, his hard skin felt cold; hands of a working man just like mine.

‘I’m Seth; I was just having a look around and was hoping I’d run into someone; who is the Alpha around here’?

His eyes seeming deceptive, I didn’t care; my pack didn’t look after me so I couldn’t give two hoots about any rogues just passing through.

‘If you’re looking to steal some stock, head down to the south border; it’s never patrolled, the Alpha here is Toby and trust me, he’s nothing special; the Beta isn’t much better either’.

 ‘Do you know the higher ups personally do you; because from what I’m picking up you dislike them both greatly’?

Chuckling, this guy was awesome!  He definitely understood where I stood in this pack, probably coming from a similar situation in his own.

‘I like you Seth, you get me.  The Beta is my father and he is one grade A pain in the ass; never given a damn about me since I turned sixteen’.

Clicking his tongue, Seth was now laughing with me as we went on, with me pretty much bagging out every aspect about my pack except Dingo of course, I would never wish him dead.

His ginger strands of hair, falling over his eyes, in desperate need of a haircut I didn’t say anything knowing I probably didn’t look much better.

‘So are you planning on staying long or just throwing a few fire crackers into the flames to stir up some trouble’?

Perplexed by my analogy, Seth shook his head; his green eyes studying my movements now.

‘I might head out now actually, I’ll come back another day; it’s not like your pack is going anywhere; I guess I owe you Vera, if you’re ever looking for a psychic for your chaotic plans just give me a call’.

A little ticked that Seth was suggesting I needed help, we shook on it as I farewelled him, Seth walking off into the forest; his ginger wolf seeming slightly off.

‘I live in the next pack over, so don’t be afraid if you’re looking for somewhere to stay, I’d be happy to give you a room for as long as you need’.

Nodding to show I agreed Seth shifted back to his ginger wolf; the puny size of it, making me scoff and want to crack up laughing.

A white sock flashing as he took off running, I walked off back to the direction of my own house; feeling fuzzy inside that I’d made a friend even though he was most likely our enemy; oh well, you can’t help fate I guess.

Feeling my head seem to come back, I could hear faint voices around me; people yelling at one another as if arguing over how many spoonful’s of coffee to mix in their drink.

Being knocked over the head not long after we started driving; my wolf of course turned back to its human form with my unconscious mind, just hoping these guys weren’t perverted morons and they had actually thought to put something over me at least.

My eyes trying to push themselves open, I could feel some sort of material clinging to my body, not sure if I was more disgusted that someone had dressed me or that I was no longer naked.

My arms feeling stiffed but healed, I must have been out of it for a while, considering it was taking me forever to figure out how to compose myself.

My eyes now snapping open, I looked around a little irritated my eyes wouldn’t even adjust properly as everything looked upside down.  My hands felt as if they were bound behind my back and my head was throbbing from the amount of blood polling up in my skull.

Tilting my head up a little I could just make out a large hook, hanging from the ceiling with a heavy chain swinging from it, travelling down and connecting around my ankles, effectively tying them together.

Trying to make sense of it, I kind of expected to wake up to Cody’s screaming in my head for running off but there was nothing as I tried to let him in, only to be greeted by the silence.

Looking around again, I saw Seth sitting in the corner of the room, a small plastic chair holding his sleeping frame up.

The room was decorated like a kindergarten classroom, little kids paintings hung all over the room, with a small group of desks placed in the middle of the room; each with their own name tag in the corner.

This was weird………

Clearing my throat, Seth didn’t budge; his eyes still closed tight, a deep sleep keeping him from noticing me.

Growling to myself, I gathered up my breath; my mouth opened as I yelled in his direction.

‘Oi!  Wake up molester’!

Seth’s eyes quickly darted open, as he stared at me now spinning slowly around as it became difficult to focus on him as I span.

Hearing him get to his feet, the chair scrapped across the floor as he put it back under a desk, his human from confronting me as he stood less than a metre away smirking.

‘There are nicer ways to wake people up, you know; you really haven’t changed since when I met you’.

Looking at Seth dumb folded, I’m guessing he must have figured out I now remembered, seeing as I looked furious now instead like I was trying to solve some puzzle.

‘Did that sleep help you remember, did it’?

His fingers prodding my cheek; I tried to grab his hand with my teeth, proving unsuccessful as he simply pulled his hand away, only to whip it across my face, slapping my pale cheek.

‘Hey I let you go loser; so if you’d be so kind, I have a mate to return to, who is probably burning his house down trying to find me as we speak’.

Seth chuckled, his face seeming to stoop somewhat like he was a little disappointed.

‘I thought you were the she-wolf that could not be tamed, that claim seeping from your skin is disgusting enough, let alone you wanting to be with that Alpha; I thought you were different’!

Spitting his last words in my face, I growled, unable to focus enough to summon my wolf, she was just as confused as I was, hanging from this hook like a dead animal.

‘Really, funny you should say that; I’d still steal from my own pack but there is one small problem; you and your pathetic excuse for a pack already took it over; so what am I supposed to do Seth’!

Shaking his head, Seth walked away, now strolling around the room casually.  His eyes landing on a picture on the wall, a group of wolves playing somewhere, it being just a little hard to tell since some little kid drew it.

‘Your pack isn’t all dead yet Vera, there are three survivors; with you being one of those three’.

There were three of us…….

Thinking, I knew there were me and that other white wolf, which I hadn’t managed to track down since I’d last seen her.  She must have been part of Seth’s little pack he had created; wolves must have been lining up to join his cult.

‘I bet you couldn’t guess who the third survivor is, I know you’ve come across our white wolf girl, as timid as she is; she has proven a valuable source for gathering Intel on other packs’.

Not even bothering to try, I just waited patiently as Seth began pacing around the room again, stopping as he met my features; ‘his wolf reminds me of chocolate every time I see him………’

Chocolate fur?  The only wolf I knew from Crescent Pack with chocolate coloured fur was……..Dingo.  it couldn’t be him, surely it was someone else; Dingo would have died before he let anyone capture him, he wasn’t stupid.

Maybe it was someone else, after all, I barely knew anyone in my pack anyways, other than my family and a few of the patrol wolves.

‘I know you know him Vera, stop playing dumb; it’s your big brother, he goes by Dingo doesn’t he’?

Snapping at Seth, I was now swinging back and forth from the force of trying to attack him, Seth just prodding me as he stepped around me, avoiding my deadly snaps at him.

‘So you do actually have a heart under there and do care about your family; why don’t I bring him in for a little chat’?

 Turning to walk towards the door; Seth quickly slammed it open as Dingo walked in, not even restrained; looking at my defenceless form as he smiled.

‘Wow, you actually survived; maybe Seth’s right, you belong in this pack’.

My mouth going dry, my head seemed unable to comprehend how or why Dingo had betrayed our pack as it was pretty obvious, he was under Seth’s rule now.

‘YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, ARE YOU AN IDIOT DINGO’!

Dingo grew angry with my yelling, the sound of my voice probably reminding him of what used to go on at home all the time.  He seemed angrier than he always had been, taking more in Dad’s steps than he knew.

‘You are the idiot Vera; you killed Dad!  You killed everyone in our pack; just so you could get your way’!

‘Hey, I did what was needed; Dad was a drunken screw loose and you knew it’!

Dingo looked at me strangely, his eyes softening a little like he did have some idea what I was talking about before he went back to glaring at me.

‘Can I kill her yet’?

Looking at Seth, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing!  My brother was asking permission from so no good rogue who now seemed to have his own pack if he could kill his sister.

‘I don’t see why not; I’ll leave you two alone to bond, while I’ll go grab myself a cup of coffee.  And Vera, if for some miraculous reason you manage to survive your brother’s rage, I’ll be sure to send someone up to finish the job’.

Picking up a small knife from the table, Seth aimed the blade at me; my eyes snapping shut as I knew it was about to go straight through my heart.

Hearing the flick of his fingers, a loud ping echoed above me as I fell to the ground; my head slumping under my useless body, my hands and feet still bound.

‘Good luck Vera, Dingo here hasn’t been in the best of moods lately so I do pray you make it out alive but you won’t’.

Slamming the door behind him as Seth left the room, Dingo started pacing like he had around the room; his mind seeming to struggle with something as he ranted.

‘That stench seeping off your skin is disgusting!  What kind of wolf would want to be mated to you anyways’?

Shrugging, I myself still struggled to understand what Cody saw in me but hey; apparently a mate couldn’t be swapped so that was that.

‘Don’t ask me, why don’t you track down the Alpha yourself and ask him’!

Kicking me in the hip, I snapped at Dingo; still bound and struggling to even roll over, I was stuck on my stomach now as I stretched out; trying to sooth my aching muscles.

‘Do you know what I went through when you left; Dad seemed to lose it, the stock grew weak and died off, our pack became weak’!

‘Hey!  I didn’t voluntarily leave remember dumbass!  I was dragged off your land; I was banished from your little pack club, it’s not my fault, you’re all too lazy to feed your own stock’.

Sending another kick, this time flying into my kidney; my head was beginning to clear as I tried to focus to let my wolf out.

‘No it wasn’t our fault; it was yours!  This pack, they came all at once from the south, they knew where we were weak; they knew we had stock at our house, they knew everything’!

Growling loudly at Dingo; I could feel my eyes darkening, my wolf preparing her attack as Dingo watched me intently, knowing it would only be a matter of time before I attacked him.

‘I watched, pinned in the corner!  As Alpha Toby had his heart ripped from his stomach; his pride taken away from him by this pack; they agreed to let me live if I joined them, what was I supposed to say; no thank you’?

The fact that Dingo watched the Alpha’s death was not my problem; the fact that he joined this pack was not my problem, I would have died there and then so if I could do it, surely in his weak mind, he could have too.

‘You’re weak Dingo; you’re the traitor, not me’!

‘I’m not the one that told them how to attack us’!

‘Yeah well I’m sorry my little slip up caused our pack to die but grow a pair and deal with it Dingo’!

 Dingo now beyond furious, his chocolate wolf came forth, his body shifting in mid-air as he jumped at me; my wolf following in suite; our wolfs about to collide mid-air.

My head slamming into Dingo’s chest as he tried to reach for my fur, we slammed hard against the wall; the building shaking from the force of our anger.

The air in the room becoming too thick to breathe it, a battle between siblings, Dingo may have been bigger but I was always faster…….

------------------

Well I'd say that'll be all my uploading for the next two days...we'll see.  I'll be on the farm tomorrow rustling some cattle or chasing some sheep, vote, comment, recommend the sotry; whatever you think it deserves as usual :)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

9K 242 32
The names Veronica. I am a newly eighteen year since I just turned eighteen. I accidentally crossed my packs border into moonstruck pack. I mean, I d...
68.8K 2.1K 27
I am Maria Silverstone. When I was a little girl, I was kidnapped from my pack. My parents are the Luna and Alpha of the Silverstone Pack, or were...
1M 22.9K 20
Sadness. That's what my life felt like before I left. Let's start with who I am. My name is Eden Rose, the Beta's daughter. I'm part of the Midni...
226K 7.8K 19
Hey there! I'm Aria Ried I'm 15 years old and this is my story of my so called mate rejecte me. Yes I've been one of the packs Omegas since I lost my...