War of Hearts 》Bellamy Blake

By UpInFlames_

At 15, Brinley Kane was locked up. At 18, she was sent to the ground. Brinley Kane had accepted her inev... More

P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
P L A Y L I S T
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
B O N U S
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
PART II: Game of Survival
1 - White Noise
2 - Escape
3 - Allies
4 - Reunions
5 - Metamorphosis
G A M E O F S U R V I V A L
6 - Spacewalker
7 - Consequences
8 - Into The Unknown
9 - Survival
Playlist
10 - Tag, You're It
11 - Knocking on Heaven's Door
C O N T R O L
PART III: C O N T R O L
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
T H E F A L L O U T
F A L L O U T (Playlist/Excerpt)
Chapter One: Expiration Date
Chapter Two: Truce
Chapter Three: Playing God
Chapter Four: Past // Present

S E V E N T E E N

15.6K 420 234
By UpInFlames_

'Jasper?' Brinley hissed, trying to locate her friend. She was sure they would be somewhere near the drop ship, having hidden their makeshift still.

'Brinley?' Monty's head appeared as he peered over one of the bushes.

'Brinley!' Jasper's head appeared beside Monty's, a huge grin on his face. 'Happy unity day!'

Brinley laughed despite her general dislike of unity day. 'Happy unity day guys.'

'Come to find the moonshine?' Monty smiled at her, and she knew his high spirits were due in part to finally being able to talk to his parents again.

'Maybe.' Brinley smirked, almost squealing as Jasper's hand shot out as he pulled her into the bush with them.

'Why are you hiding in a bush?' She questioned incredulously.

'Just incase Bellamy wanted to search our tent this morning, there wouldn't be anything to find.'

Brinley laughed. 'Smart, but I don't think he'll give us any trouble, besides, he doesn't know that the two of you are resourceful enough to make something from nothing.' She teased the two.

'So it's safe to go back into the tent then? Cause I'm kinda cold.' Monty admitted, Jasper nodding at his side, his goggles sliding down his face slightly.

'Go, while everyone is distracted.' Brinley nodded and the three tried their best to make their way to the tent without drawing too much attention to themselves.

'Brinley.'

'Fuck.' Brinley groaned, almost pushing Monty and Jasper into their tent as she spun around.

'What can I do for you Blake?' She smiled innocently up at him.

'What are you doing?' He questioned, crossing his arms.

Brinley sighed. 'Visiting Jasper and Monty.'

'Oh okay, if that's all, you won't mind me joining you?' Bellamy went to walk forward and Brinley blocked his path causing Bellamy's face to break out into a smirk and Brinley's expression to fall as she realised she'd given the game away.

'Come on Bellamy, let us have this.' She almost pleaded.

'You really think it's a good idea to give alcohol to a bunch of teenage criminals while the grounders are out there waiting for us to slip up so they can kill us?' Bellamy asked sceptically.

'One night Bellamy, one night won't hurt. Once the Ark gets down here, we'll be back living under their rules.'

Bellamy considered her words and he opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off by a loud cheer as Jasper snuck out the opposite end of the tent, towards the delinquents watching Unity Day on the Ark.

'Monty strikes again! Hey, call this batch unity juice! Who's thirsty?'

Brinley could hear the cheers in response and she smirked at Bellamy who narrowed his eyes at her. 'One night. That's all I'm asking for.'

'Fine. Just tonight, that's it.' Bellamy gave in, looking annoyed.

'Who knows, maybe you'll enjoy yourself.' Brinley smirked as she walked away from him. 'Hey Jasper! You better save me some!'

*****

Throughout the day, everyone had begun to get progressively more intoxicated from the time the sun hit its highest peak onwards. Octavia had disappeared and Brinley knew that she was most likely with the grounder – Lincoln. Brinley couldn't help the stab of worry than ran through her and more than once she had to remind herself that Octavia was more than capable of taking care of herself.

Over the time they'd been on the ground, Brinley had witnessed Octavia grow and change, finally discovering who she was as a person outside of her mother and Bellamy's influence. Brinley had to remind herself to take the advice she had given Bellamy and not suffocate her.

Brinley looked over to the boy in question, whom was watching the drunken delinquents with a hard expression on his face. It was getting dark and there was no sign of celebrations slowing down anytime soon, even after they had suddenly lost transmission from the ark with no explanation.

Someone stumbled and fell beside Brinley, who was leaning against the outer drop ship wall.

'Hey, take it easy.' Brinley frowned.

The person snickered and Brinley sighed. 'How much have you had to drink Miller?'

'Enough to not care that we could be attacked at any moment.' Miller snorted as he settled himself beside her, his eyes glazed and slightly unfocused.

'Bellamy said anything to you?' Brinley questioned.

Miller frowned. 'Nah, should he have?'

Brinley shook her head quickly. 'No, he just doesn't exactly approve of our, uh activities.' Brinley gestured to the canteens they both held though Brinley's was mostly untouched knowing it didn't take much to get her drunk.

Miller snickered again. 'Figures. Am I the only one that thinks he's changed?'

Brinley frowned. 'What do you mean?'

'I mean, the cocky guy who set Murphy and Wells on each other seems to have disappeared somewhere along the way.'

'Huh, you know I hadn't really noticed.' Brinley shrugged and Miller shot her a disbelieving look. 'What?'

'You haven't noticed.' Miller snorted. 'Not even after you slept practically on top of him when-'

Brinley slapped Miller's arm. 'Miller, shut up. We agreed not to speak of it.'

'No, you and Bellamy agreed not to speak of it. I promised nothing.'

'Miller, I swear to god-'

'Why are you so afraid of people thinking you care about him?' Miller drank another mouthful of the moonshine, cringing at the burn that came with it.

'Because people, meaning you and Octavia, get the wrong idea.' Brinley jabbed him with her finger lightly.

'So you do care?' A smirk crept onto Miller's face and he made a mental note to talk to Octavia later.

Brinley stayed quiet and Miller sighed.

'C'mon, you at least have to admit that he's kinda hot.'

Brinley looked at Miller in amusement and he rolled his eyes. 'Don't judge me.' He sulkily continued to drink and Brinley swore he was pouting.

Brinley giggled at the expression on his face. 'I'm not judging, but hey, your taste in men isn't great if you're into Bellamy.'

Miller looked at her pointedly. 'Like you can talk, and I'm not into Bellamy.'

Brinley ignored the first half of his statement. 'Well then, who are you into?'

Miller rolled his eyes at her curiosity, though he looked amused. 'My boyfriend.'

'Awh Miller! That's so cute.' Brinley cooed and he gave her a one-finger salute.

'You can't deny Bellamy's attractive though.' He spoke again after a moment, casting a sneaky glance at her from the corner of his eye.

Brinley rolled her eyes. 'Never said he wasn't attractive.' She admitted, because let's face it; Bellamy Blake was easily one of the most attractive guys on the ground.

Miller smirked in victory and Brinley rolled her eyes.

'Have you kissed him?' Miller teaser.

Brinley stared at him with a blank look before she began moving. 'See you round, Nathan '

'Awh, c'mon Brinley, hey!'

Brinley smirked at him, raising her middle finger as she walked away. Miller laughed to himself as he went to join some of his friends who were drunkenly laughing around the fire.

Brinley laughed at Monty and Jasper who were sitting with Monroe and Harper, talking about their lives on the Ark. Monty motioned for her to join them but she shook her head, winking at Monty as she gestured to Harper. Monty flushed slightly much to her amusement.

Brinley ended up beside Bellamy, who was keeping a watchful eye on the group near the fire. 'Hey hot shot.'

Bellamy sighed. 'What do you want?'

'You look like you could use a drink.' Brinley raised her eyebrow at him.

'I'm good thanks, sweetheart.' Brinley rolled her eyes at the nickname.

'You need to loosen up Bellamy. We're fine for now, okay? The guard will be here in less than sixty hours.' Brinley mocked Jaha.

'Your dad will be here.' Bellamy countered.

Brinley sighed. 'I know and I've made my peace with that.'

'Do you want him to come down?' Bellamy questioned curiously, biting into an apple he'd been holding.

Brinley considered his question. 'Yes and no. I'm angry at him and I know he's going to try to control me the second he sets foot on earth but at the same time, he's the only family I really have left besides my grandmother, and I don't know her that well.'

Bellamy frowned slightly. 'You'd forgive him for being a shitty dad to you - for not realising what happened to you?'

Brinley sighed. 'I'm tired of losing people Bellamy. Pretty soon there won't be anyone left to lose.'

Her admission was quiet and she didn't look at him as she spoke but still Bellamy felt guilt twist his stomach as he thought of Murphy, whom he was certain Brinley was thinking of.

Brinley was thinking of Murphy and how much trouble she was certain he'd be causing if he were still with them. Brinley lifted her canteen to her lips, inhaling a large gulp and feeling thankful for the burn that distracted her from her poisonous thoughts.

Brinley offered Bellamy her canteen with raised eyebrows and he shook his head. 'I'm good.'

'Hey, the comms are still dead, they cut out during the pageant.' Clarke walked towards Bellamy and Brinley, her hands in her jacket pockets.

'Best unity day ever.' Bellamy smirked at Clarke and she laughed lightly.

'Do you really think now is a good time to be having a party?' Clarke questioned seriously.

Brinley rolled her eyes. 'Not you too.' She sighed and Clarke frowned in confusion. 'You're as bad as the fun police over here.' She gestured to Bellamy who rolled his eyes at her.

'The grounder is out there.' Clarke pointed out and Brinley bit her tongue because yes, the grounder was out there, but Octavia was with him.

'Grounders.' Bellamy corrected. 'By now he's made it home. He's probably putting together a lynch mob.' Clarke looked worried and Bellamy quickly reassured her. 'Relax; I've got security covered. Why don't you go and get a drink? You look like you could use one.'

Clarke scoffed slightly. 'I could use more than one.' She admitted.

'Then have more than one. Clarke the exodus ship carrying your mother comes down here in two days. After that, that party's over. Have some fun while you still can. You deserve it.'

Brinley looked between the two, watching as Clarke nodded slightly. 'Yeah, okay.' She started to walk away. 'So do you by the way.'

Bellamy smiled. 'I'll have my fun when the grounders come.'

'Alright.' Clarke smiled and continued making her way through camp.

Brinley looked in disbelief at Bellamy and the uncharacteristic friendliness between her blonde friend and the man standing beside her.

'Unity day.' Bellamy shook his head, biting into his apple again.

'You should take your own advice, Bellamy. Once the guard get's down here, it's all over.' Brinley warned.

Bellamy swallowed. 'Like I said –'

'The grounders, yeah yeah I get it.' Brinley rolled her eyes. 'But what's stopping you from having some fun right now?'

Bellamy smirked down at her, tossing the apple core away. 'I don't need alcohol to have fun, sweetheart.'

Brinley snorted. 'Trust me, I know.'

Bellamy looked confused. 'What-?'

'Our tents are right next to each other Bellamy and they aren't exactly soundproof.'

Bellamy flushed in embarrassment, gaping like a fish out of water and Brinley sniggered in amusement. As she looked up, she noted Clarke playing a game with a group of people, Miller was beside her and he was staring straight at Bellamy and Brinley with a smirk painted across his face.

Brinley smirked back at him, watching as his expression dropped and his eyes widened. Miller knew that look meant trouble.

'Hey Bellamy?'

'What?'

'Did you know Miller thinks you're attractive?'

Bellamy gave her an odd look. 'Huh?'

'Miller.' Brinley pointed at him. 'He thinks you're cute.'

Miller glared at Brinley as she gestured to him, having a pretty good idea about what the topic of conversation currently was.

'Cute? I am not cute. Animals are cute, babies are cute, I am not.' Bellamy looked mildly offended.

'Fine, attractive then. ' Brinley rolled her eyes.

'And what's your point?' Bellamy didn't understand why she was telling him this.

'Oh, there is no point. I just know he's watching the two of us and if we look at him enough, he'll start to become paranoid.'

Bellamy outright laughed at her, as the two turned as one to look at Miller who promptly ducked his head, avoiding their eyes, causing Brinley to laugh as she sipped at her drink.

Brinley watched with interest as Finn appeared, tugging Clarke away from everyone else.

'Wonder what's going on with them.' Brinley commented and Bellamy followed her gaze to Finn and Clarke who looked tense.

'Who knows.' Bellamy shrugged, not really caring for any relationship drama.

'I'm going to find out.' Brinley downed the rest of her canteen, pressing it into Bellamy's hands.

Clarke was by her tent when Brinley caught up to her, Finn nowhere in sight.

'Clarke? What's going on?' Brinley was instantly suspicious as Clarke pulled out her pack.

Clarke sighed, looking at Brinley. 'Finn's set up a meeting with the grounders.'

'He what?' Brinley asked in disbelief.

'Yeah, and he's adamant I don't bring a gun. He was with the grounder Bellamy captured, he said his name is Lincoln.' Clarke waited for a look of surprise that didn't come. 'But you already knew that.' She realised and Brinley bit her lip.

Clarke sighed. 'How do you know that?'

Brinley cringed slightly. 'Octavia told me.'

Clarke sighed heavily. 'Of course. Look, do you trust him?'

'Who? The grounder? Can't say I've spoken two words to him Clarke.'

Clarke gave her a look and Brinley sighed. 'But Octavia trusts him, and she's not exactly the most open person so clearly he's doing something right by her.'

Clarke nodded. 'It's worth a shot I suppose.'

'You're going then? Without backup?' Brinley asked, concern in her voice.

'I don't have a choice, unless you can think of someway to get around Finn...'

Brinley cursed. 'I can think of one way, but I don't know if you'll like it.'

'What?' Clarke looked curious.

'Bellamy.'

*****

Bellamy was just exiting his tent when Brinley finally found him. She'd left Clarke to find Finn and let him know that Brinley was coming with them and that she didn't have any weapons on her.

'Hey Bellamy. I need to talk to you.'

'What do you need, sweetheart?' Bellamy spoke as she tugged him out of sight of the main gate where Finn and Clarke were hovering, that annoying nickname slipping from his mouth as casually as most people used her name.

'Bellamy, this is serious.'

'It always is. So talk.' Bellamy seemed to be in a good mood and Brinley knew that what she was about to tell him, was sure to change that.

Brinley let go of him arm and sighed. 'Finn's set up a meeting with the grounders. Clarke and I are leaving to go talk to them.'

'Because you both figure that impaling people on spears is code for let's be friends?' Anger crept into Bellamy's voice and Brinley rolled her eyes at his predictability.

'Bellamy-'

'Have you lost your damn mind?'

'Clarke and Finn think that it might be worth the risk.'

'And what do you think?' Bellamy crossed his arms.

'I think this could go either way which is why I'm telling you.'

'They'll probably gut you and string you up as a warning.' Bellamy warned her.

'That's why I'm here.' Brinley sighed impatiently. 'I need you to follow us.'

'What?'

'Finn will check if Clarke and I have guns, he won't check you because he won't know that you know about any of this.'

'So Finn doesn't know about this?'

'No, he doesn't need to know.'

Bellamy nodded his head slightly.

'I'll leave a trail for you, the nuts that cause hallucinations.' Brinley cringed at the memory and Bellamy noticed. 'Follow them.'

Bellamy sighed before nodding in agreement.

'Bellamy.' Brinley gripped his arm as he went to walk away, squeezing slightly to let him know she was completely serious. 'Bring guns.'

*****

Finn hadn't said much as Brinley had appeared, but then again she hadn't expected him to. She did, however, make a point to show him she had no weapons on her. Brinley could see the guilt in Clarke's expression as she lied to Finn and Brinley could only hope that Finn couldn't see it as well.

'I'd love it if you were right about this but did you ever consider that it might be a trap?' Clarke asked Finn as they walked, breaking the silence that had settled.

'Yep, but since its unity day, I decided to have hope instead.'

Brinley rolled her eyes at his answer, noticing the sky getting progressively lighter.

Finn groaned slightly as he lost his footing for a second and Brinley stared at a tree to ignore the moment he and Clarke were having.

'- in a guy who stuck a knife in you.' Brinley tuned back into the conversation at Clarke's words.

'And you're sounding more and more like Bellamy.' Finn shot back, unamused.

'They're both trying to keep us alive, Finn.'

Finn looked at Brinley sharply. 'So am I.' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 166 43
Life could be peaceful, Tyra had come to learn. Her brother was back in her presence, the man she loved still breathed, and peace could live even wit...
36K 1K 105
97 years ago, the world ended. It didn't get better after that. There was no rainbow, no olive branch. The flood of destruction would not simply evap...
14.6K 259 28
Another new story. ~~~~ "Blake, your not a cadet anymore. Why you here?" I asked. "How's it going woods?" Bellamy smiled. "Dodging questions I see"...
6.9K 215 28
Katherine Kane has always considered herself to be fierce and loyal -a fighter and protector of her people. That is until she was sent down to Earth...