A Ilha do Amor

By tufano79

Bella Swan, reeling from the unceremonious ending of her engagement on her wedding day, heads on her honeymoo... More

Broken Fairy Tale
Tales of a Manwhore
Flipping Out
Head Over Heels
Stormy Weather
Chickens and Confessions
A Relational Shift
Happy Birthday, Mr. Cullen
When a Man Loves a Woman
Insecurities and Water Sports
Let Sleeping Texas and Slutty Redheads Lie
Zero Zero Tolerance for BS
It's So Hard to Say Goodbye
Moving on Up
Letters to my Beloved
Let's Get it On
Confrontations
Birthday Surprise
Sing Me a Song, You're the Piano Man
Ripples
Halloween Hijinks
Daily Grind
Some Day My Prince Will Come ... In a White Lab Coat
The End of an Era
A New Year, A New Life
Back to Reality
Cupid's Arrow and San Francisco Treats
Elvendore, Alcatraz and Napa, Oh My!
Home is Where the Edward Is ... What?
Isle of Craziness
Newsroom Awards
Closing One Chapter ...
X-Rated Fairy Tales
Questions and Answers
Last Fling Before the Ring
And They Lived Happily Ever After
Epilogue: Island of Love

Trouble in Paradise

2.5K 59 9
By tufano79

Carrots? Has anyone seen any carrots? The plot bunny attacked and well, you all are going to reap the benefits. NEW STORY! I've been writing some pretty heavy stuff lately and well, I'm going to lighten it up a bit. It's not going to be a humorous story (though there will be some funny bits) but it will be romantic. Some drama...some light angst (there needs to be some sort of conflict or it wouldn't be worth reading, kids).

Chapter Eight: Trouble in Paradise

EPOV

I watched Bella as she slept. I felt like a total creeper but I had to keep my eyes on her. I wanted visual, tangible proof that she was here and wanted to be with me. Her tiny body was pressed against mine and her lips were puckered as she nuzzled on my chest.

And, well, drooled on my chest, too. She also groped me. Again.

Not that I was complaining...

God, when I kissed her lips, it was like nothing I'd ever experienced. Lauren was my first real kiss. Yes, I'd kissed Rachel Domascewicz on the playground when I was in second grade. Following that, I got punched by her and my glasses were shattered. I was scarred until I met Lauren, avoiding girls like they had the plague. Our kisses were okay. Soft and somewhat sloppy, relying a lot on major tongue action and fishy, watery lips. Nothing compared to what I felt with Bella. Her mouth was soft and sweet. She didn't wear that goopy shit that most women wear. Lip gloss? Her lips were naturally pliant and the most perfect shade of pink. Her mouth was sweet and I could have kissed her forever. When she opened her mouth to allow my tongue slide through her pretty pink lips, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. My heart was stammering in my chest. My stomach was being assaulted by bat-sized butterflies and let's not talk about the issue I had in my pants. As soon as her lips touched mine, my dick shot straight up and was desperately searching for her warmth.

It was a pussy-seeking missile.

Not happening, buddy. Not anytime soon.

"Edward," she moaned, tightening her arms around me. "Hmmm...great kisser." Her eyes were still closed and she was sleep-talking.

"You're better," I chuckled, kissing her forehead. My eyes fluttered shut as I inhaled her strawberry, vanilla scent. I'd definitely have to purchase some of that body wash and perfume for when she left. I don't fucking care if I get called a pussy. Anything to keep her scent and memory of her close to me.

Crap, she's leaving in two and half weeks. She has a job up in Seattle. I have a job here in Rio. How can we make this work? Even before that, what is this? Is she my girlfriend? Would she want more from me? Could we handle a long-distance relationship?

"Edward, you're thinking too much," Bella chided, sleepily. I looked down at her and she was still dead to the world, slightly drooling on my naked chest. "Fuzzy." She rubbed her cheek along my sternum where I had a smattering of chest hair.

I snickered quietly, hugging her closer to me. Her sleep ramblings were dead-on. I was thinking too much. I'd always been such a reserved child and it transferred over to when I was an adult. I guess that's why I chose to be business major in college. It required a lot of thinking, creativity and a calm demeanor. I had it all. However, it didn't transfer over well into my personal life. I did tend to over-think everything and I was never spontaneous. Even my 'dates' were carefully planned. I had certain times when I knew I could 'fool around'; certain locations, certain girls. All of that stopped. I didn't want it. I just wanted the gorgeous woman in my arms who was using my left pec as a pillow and humping my leg. It wasn't helping my control, but obviously she was having some pretty hot dreams based off her moans and whimpers.

Hopefully, I can live up to her dream man.

With one more kiss to her hair, my eyes slowly drooped and I fell into a deep slumber, wrapped around Bella.

xx AIDA xx

The next morning, the alarm went off and I groaned. So did Bella. She burrowed under her pillow, mumbling something that was incoherent. I laughed and pulled her to my chest, spooning her body. "What was that?"

She poked her head out from the pillow, glowering at me. "Alarm clocks are fucking evil," she said, her voice husky from sleep. Her hair was a riotous mess and her face was marred with pillow lines, but she looked so sexy. My cock twitched as I looked at her. He was screaming for some action.

"I'm sorry, gorgeous," I snickered, brushing her hair from her face. "We have to get back to the island early. This little excursion was phenomenal but a lot of stuff needs to be done back there."

"You have to go back to work," she frowned.

"I do," I said as I ran my fingers down her cheek. I leaned forward, brushing my lips against hers. She moaned and tangled her fingers into my hair. Her leg wedged in between mine and she swiveled her hips against my morning wood. "Bella..."

"Sorry," she murmured, pulling back. "I don't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"You're weren't making me feel uncomfortable. You were hitting all of the right spots and let's just say if you continued, there would have been a sticky mess all over the sheets," I blushed.

"Oh, oops," she giggled. "Do you want to shower first?"

We could save water and take one together...STOP IT! "That would be awesome," I said as I kissed her chastely. "Thanks, gorgeous."

"Yeah, I'm gorgeous," she deadpanned. "I bet I look like a crazy lady. My hair is a mess and I don't think I even took off my makeup." I rolled us so I was hovering over her. She squeaked and put her hands on my arms. "Edward!"

"You. Are. Gorgeous," I said, punctuating each word with a kiss. With one more searing kiss, I hopped up and walked to the bathroom, leaving Bella on the bed completely befuddled as to what happened. My shower was quick and quite cold. Even the temperature didn't quell my erection. I had to rub one out with my dream girl less than fifty feet away from me. Once I was done with my shower, I brushed my teeth and began packing my toiletry case. I was finished in fifteen minutes and I let Bella use the bathroom. She had already packed her overnight bag. It was on the bed.

A half hour later, we were down in the lobby and checking out of the hotel. I paid for all of the rooms using the Isle Esme corporate card and we piled into the Land Rover. The girls were going to prepare the boat for departure while Emmett, Jasper and I were organizing the delivery of our supplies to the cargo hold. We were nearly finished when the salesman from the jewelry store walked up to the dock. I furrowed my brow when I saw him. Speaking in Portuguese, I greeted him. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Mr. Cullen," he said. "I bet you're surprised I'm here."

"Honestly, I am," I chuckled. "Did I leave my credit card at the shop?"

"No, sir," he replied. "I found out that you were the son of Dr. Cullen who helped with my Didyme and that you had a slip here at the marina. I wanted to give you something. In my line of work, you meet a lot of people but it's rare to see the connection that you have with your girlfriend. I had it with my late wife. My sweet Didyme. I miss her everyday and I want to foster that feeling in you and your beautiful girl. Please accept this and give it to her when you say you love her."

"What is it?" I asked, arching my brow.

"The rest of the drusy quartz set," he replied. "And when the time is right, I'll design your engagement ring for her. She's a special woman who deserves a special ring."

"Thank you," I murmured, taking the bag from him. "Thank you so much...I'm sorry, but what's your name?"

"Marcus. Marcus Volturi," he replied with a smile. "Love her, Mr. Cullen."

"I already do," I said, hugging the bag to my chest. We shook hands and I took his card for future reference. Emmett and Jasper looked at me, with knowing smiles. "What?"

"Who was that?" Emmett asked.

"Um, Marcus," I replied. "He was the jeweler that sold me Bella's pendant. He wanted to give me the rest of the set." I could feel my face flame under their scrutiny. "Come on, guys. We've got to head back." Emmett smirked and ruffled my hair while Jasper just whistled as he leisurely got on the boat. I took a few deep breaths before getting on board, putting the bag with Bella's jewelry into my bag. Jasper and I worked swiftly to remove the ropes from the mooring. With a few hand signals, Emmett began pulling away from the dock and we were underway to our trip back to Isle Esme.

In the main cabin, I could hear the girls bombard Bella with a litany of questions about our date. Bella was a good sport and answered them, keeping it deliberately vague. I walked over to them and smiled at my sister and sister-in-law. "Can I borrow her for the trip?"

"Aw, Eddie," they both whined.

"Please don't call me Eddie," I whined back. Bella giggled and followed me to the bedroom on the yacht.

"Can I call you Eddie?" she asked, looking up at me through her lashes. Her voice was low and seductive and that hated nickname didn't sound half bad falling from her lips.

"Only you," I said as I took her face in my hands. I kissed her sweetly. "Hi."

She laughed and wrapped her arms around me, "Hi, back."

"We probably should talk," I said, leaning my forehead against hers. I wanted to know where this was going and what the implications could be for us when we got back to the island.

"Yeah," she sighed, taking my hand and sitting us down on the couch in the room. "God, this is awkward."

"A little bit but it needs to be done," I said as I laced my fingers with hers.

"Edward, I'm afraid," she said quietly. Her eyes closed and she breathed deeply. "I like what we have going right now, away from the island, but when we get back..."

"It'll all change," I said as I sat back on the couch. "I'm terrified, too."

"Like I said yesterday, I don't want this to be a rebound. Tyler was the rebound," she snorted humorlessly.

"Okay," I said, scratching my head.

"Tyler was the first guy I met outside of college. I had a few dates but nothing really substantial," Bella explained. "A few one-night stands, handful of bad first dates and a few relationships that lasted a couple of months, but not that gut-wrenching, fall-on-your-knees love."

"I have to ask. How many guys have you slept with? You know my pathetically high number," I cringed.

"Fifteen," Bella replied. "Out of all of my friends, I was the slut. My best friend, Angela, married her first and my other best friend, Jessica, married her second. And well, I never had sex with Tyler as he claimed he wanted to wait until marriage. Bullshit, he was playing hide the sausage with his roomie."

"Hide the sausage?" I laughed. Bella shrugged and smirked at me. "Bella, gorgeous, please don't ever refer to having sex as hide the sausage again."

"Can I when I reference my ex? It's the only way I can actually admit he fucking cheated on me without having to castrate him with a rusty spork," Bella said seriously. I bit my lip to not laugh at her description but I nodded. "Thank you. Anyhow, Tyler and I met at orientation at the Seattle Times. We hit it off and we were just comfortable with each other. Our relationship was an evolution, not the fireworks you'd usually associate with the person you'd might want to marry. To be honest, I feel those fireworks with you, Edward." She blushed a deep red, hiding behind her hair.

"Don't hide from me, baby," I said as I brushed her hair back. She looked at me. "I feel them, too. For the first time since Lauren, I feel something other than lust. It's so much more than anything that I'd ever felt, Bella. I'm exhilarated by it, terrified of it and anxious to explore it. I'm just so scared that when we get back to the island, my past is going to come back and haunt us. Additionally, I only get you for another two and half weeks."

"Our situation sucks, that's for sure," she groaned, leaning her head against my shoulder. "Do you see this, our relationship, panning out?"

In my mind's eye, I could see it all. I could see Bella by my side at all times, a ring on her finger, walking down the aisle, her belly swollen with our baby... "I do, Bella. I don't want this feeling to stop. If you're willing to make it work, then so am I. What we have is too special to lose, gorgeous."

"I'm afraid that when I leave, you'll go back to your, um, previous ways," she muttered. "Out of sight, out of mind, you know?"

"Bella, I promise you that I will never, ever betray your trust like that," I said fervently. "I've made a commitment to myself to give up that way of life. It was empty, self-destructive and selfish. I'm twenty-eight, going to be twenty-nine in two days. I've got to grow up."

"Your birthday is in two days?" Bella asked.

"Yeah. I don't like to celebrate it because, well, I didn't really have much to live for," I said.

"If I ever see this Lauren chick, I'm so going to play whack-a-bitch," Bella snarled. "She really fucked you up in the head, Edward. You are an amazing man. A little lost, but amazing, nonetheless. What do you want for your birthday?"

"An evening alone with you," I said, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"That's doable. But a present, Edward. Something I can wrap up and stick a bow on," she quipped.

"You," I said, kissing her neck. "A big pink bow on your head, right here." I tied her hair around her neck, earning a sweet giggle. Then, she smacked my chest.

"Be serious, Edward," she deadpanned.

"I am," I laughed. "I don't want for anything. I just want to spend the night with you, Bella." She turned and looked at me. I leaned down and kissed her perfect mouth, massaging her lips with mine. We broke apart, panting heavily from the intensity of our kiss. "Will you grant my birthday wish?"

"Yeah," she whispered. We sat quietly, watching the calm ocean out the window. My lips were pressed in her hair. "Edward?"

"Hmmm?"

"What are we?"

"Whatever you want us to be," I replied.

"Bullshit cop-out answer," she giggled.

I breathed deeply, inhaling her strawberry, vanilla scent. "I want to be everything to you, Bella. Your best friend, your lover, your boyfriend...that's if you want that."

"I do," she said, snuggling into my embrace. "But, be forewarned, you cheat on me, your dick will be tossed into the Atlantic Ocean to be piranha feed."

"Got it, gorgeous," I snickered. "I promise you that I will not cheat on you. You're way too special to me."

"What about when we head back to the island? Surely, there are going to be past lovers on there who will be pissed that their gravy train has dried up," Bella said, her eyes dark with anger.

"I know of at least two still on the island. The one who slapped me and another woman, Victoria. I've ended it with her but she has a difficult time understanding the word no," I said, feeling great shame for my actions. "I'll just avoid them."

"Edward, I know you told me why you did what you did, but I'm just surprised that you would abuse your body like that? Did you really have that low of self-worth?" Bella asked.

"I felt like I was nothing, Bella," I sighed. "I still do, to an extent. I feel that I'm going to wake up from this dream and find out that you were nothing but a figment of my imagination. I don't deserve you or your kindness, but by some grace of God, you want to be with me..."

"Edward, you are a conundrum," she said. "In many ways, you're this confident, self-assured business man with some seriously smooth moves. In other ways, you're so not."

"My business acumen is that of someone my own age, twenty-eight, twenty-nine. Emotionally, I stopped at twenty-one because of what Lauren did to me. I know that. I should address it with therapy or something but it's not really feasible. Not unless I take a leave of absence from the island and seek medical attention."

"You don't want to do that?"

"I don't want to leave the resort in a lurch without a business manager," I said. "I do a lot for the island: the books, website, scheduling, ordering, payroll, and overall maintenance of the villas and buildings."

"Edward, your health and well-being is more important than the resort," she said, her chocolate eyes boring into mine. "My mom said that if you can't love yourself, how can you love someone else? Right now, it sounds like you are struggling with that."

"You're right," I said as I held her closer. "I'll consider it. I'd have to make a ton of preparations and find a facility that suits my needs."

Soon, the island came into view and I knew our little bubble of happiness was going to be burst. I had to go back to work and Bella was going to resume her vacation. I wanted to just be with her like we'd been for the past few days but I had a job to do. "Bella?"

"Yeah," she responded.

"Will stay with me? In my villa?" I asked.

"Let me ask Alice. I don't want her to think that I'm ditching her for you," she said quietly. "If she's okay with me moving into your villa, then I'll stay with you. If she throws a fit, I'm staying with the sprite."

"Kay," I said, kissing her temple.

Emmett docked the boat and we clambered off the deck. My mom and dad were standing on the marina, waiting for us. My mom had a smile on her face and my dad looked contrite. However, I was not in the mood for his bullshit if he was going to question my work ethic again.

"Did you kids have fun?" Esme asked, hugging us all.

"It was great," Emmett barked. "We got all of the supplies that we needed, plus arranged for some new vendors to deliver our food and alcohol. Eddie was amazing as he negotiated the contracts."

"In the long run, it'll save us roughly ten percent in our overhead costs," I said quietly. "Here are the new caps for the gas tanks." I tossed them to my dad and turned to begin unloading the cargo hold of the boat. Several of the workers were already there with dollies to take the food, drinks, and linens to the main resort building.

"Edward," I heard behind me. I turned and saw my dad. He was fumbling with the caps.

"Don't drop them in the water, Carlisle," I said coldly. "I don't want to go back to Rio to get new ones."

He stuffed them in the pocket of his pants and looked at me. "Edward, I want to apologize. What I said to you was completely inappropriate and out of line. I should have never insinuated that you let your job on the island slip because of your lifestyle."

"You think that one apology is going to fix what you said?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. "Dad, you hurt me. Probably more than Lauren." His face flushed and he dropped his gaze to the dock.

"Edward?" Bella called softly. I turned and saw her. I wanted to gather her in my arms and hug her closely. She'd make me feel better. She must have noticed my distress. Her hand reached for mine, twining her fingers with mine. "You okay?" I stared at her and shook my head minutely. "I'll meet you back at your villa. It'll be okay, Edward." She kissed my cheek, brushing her lips against my ear. "I'm moving my things into your place." I smiled and hugged her. With one more soft kiss on my cheek, Bella turned to leave.

"You two seem cozy," my dad commented. His tone was actually friendly. "Are you two an item?"

"I hope so," I murmured. "Are you going to give me shit about it?"

"Edward, I'm so sorry," he said, wringing his hands. "I was tired and frustrated. I took it out on you and I spoke before I thought. It was never my intention to hurt you. You have to know that I proud of what you've done here on the island and in your life. Yes, you've made some questionable decisions, but you never, ever let those decisions affect the resort."

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "Dad, I accept your apology but it'll take time for me to be okay with you," I said honestly.

"I've got some more groveling to do?" he asked, chuckling nervously.

"Essentially," I said. "Look, I've got to these supplies into the storeroom and check on a few things before heading back to my villa. I'll be back to work tomorrow. I'll start working on that new promotion you and mom had for the singles part of the resort."

"Okay," he replied, looking somewhat defeated. He turned and left me to finish unloading the boat. Once all of the supplies were out, I walked to the resort and checked to see if all of the supplies were being stored properly. As I was walking, Anita ran toward me.

"Señor Cullen," she called to me.

"What is it, Anita?" I asked.

"I'm so glad you're back," she said. "We had another theft."

"We did? What was taken? From where?" I barked.

"One of the bars on the beach," she explained.

"Did you tell my parents?" I asked as I walked toward the bar.

"I did but Señora Cullen told me to tell you," Anita rambled. I shot her a look, appraising her motives. "It wasn't me. I swear. I need this job. I love working for you and for your family."

"Who was the last person scheduled on this bar?" I asked, still leery about her response. She swiped the clipboard and frowned. "Is it not on there?"

"They didn't log in," she said, nervously fidgeting with her braid. "I worked here in the morning and then, Gustavo was after me. The bartender after Gustavo didn't log in."

"I can check the computer since I made the schedule," I sighed. "Do you have a list of what was stolen?"

She handed me a list of the missing items. It was mainly alcohol and some currency. "Thank you. Now, Anita, I'm sorry for insinuating that you were the one who stole the items. It's just that each time it's been brought to my attention, it's been you who tells me."

"Señor Cullen, I mean it when I say that I love working here. I understand why you think that it's me," she said. "I can assure you that it's not. What can I do to prove that it's not me?"

"Just do your job," I replied, putting my hand on her shoulder. She nodded and went about getting the bar ready for opening. I jogged back to my office and logged onto my computer. I checked the schedule and saw that it was Huilen who was scheduled to work for that shift on the beach bar. However, Huilen had been a no-show for her last few shifts. I dialed up her phone number and it was disconnected, just like before.

I don't know how long I sat in my office but I heard a quiet knock on the door and Bella poked her head inside. "Hey, you've been here forever," she quipped.

"What time is it?"

"A little after six in the evening," she said as she walked inside, leaving the door open. I scooted back on my desk chair and held open my arms. She walked toward me and plopped down on my lap. Wrapping my arms around her, I kissed her neck, nuzzling her pigtails. "Hmmmm, you smell like sunscreen."

"That's because I was out in the sun," she giggled. "Alice and I were relaxing by the pool and talking about you." She tossed her hair back and adjusted her half-plaid button-down shirt. I could see a hint of red through the buttons. Her skirt was insanely short and she was wearing cowboy boots.

"Dear God. Should I be afraid?" I chuckled. "Nice outfit by the way."

She blushed and fluffed her pigtails. "No," she said, playing with my hair at the nape of my neck. "She said that she's happy that you are moving past your man-slut phase and that I'm the one you're moving past it with. She, also, is still planning our nuptials. Alice is insistent that we're going to be married relatively soon. I just shoved her into the pool."

"Smart girl," I chortled.

"Honestly, all of her talk of weddings and whatnot freaks me out." I blanched. "Breathe, Cullen. It's not like I don't want to marry you. I mean, Jesus, we just had our first date yesterday. We've got awhile. Anyhow, my last wedding didn't exactly pan out and well, I'm a little gun-shy. I'm not saying that I don't want to get married. I just don't want to jump into something without being making any rash decisions. You know?"

"I get it," I said. "Do you want me to talk to Alice? Maybe dunk her in the ocean?"

"I think she got the picture since I told that anytime she said wedding, marriage, or engagement, I was going to push her into the nearest body of water, regardless of what she was wearing," Bella said seriously. "As I was walking back to the resort, Alice, who had freshly showered, started blathering on about my wedding dress. I scooped her up and dumped her into the deep end of the pool, complete with her designer shorts and fancy tank top."

"Shit! I would have paid money to see that," I bellowed.

"I was proud of myself," she said, brushing her fingertips on her shoulder. "Alice is slightly pissed at me but I don't think she'll mention our future nuptials any time soon. Anyhow, I've been sent in here to drag you out of your office. There's a barbeque on the pool deck and you need to make an appearance."

"Ugh, I'm not really dressed appropriately," I said as I plucked at my t-shirt and shorts.

"You look incredibly handsome," she said as she stood up, pulling me with her. She skipped to the door and reached out on the counter by the lobby and tossed me a plaid button-down that matched my outfit. I arched a brow and she smiled, "When I dropped off my suitcases, I swung by your closet to get you appropriate cowboy gear. It's too hot for jeans, so I swiped that."

"The shirt you're wearing looks familiar, too," I chuckled.

"It's also from your closet. I didn't bring my cowgirl clothes with me so I borrowed one of yours," she smirked, turning around adorably. She was wearing my clothes. Holy hell! My cock jumped when she mentioned that. I took a few calming breaths before I locked my computer and we headed out to the pool deck. I shrugged on the plaid shirt. Bella swiped a cowboy hat from the table and stuffed it on her head. I looked around and all of the debris from the storm had been cleared away. Country music was playing through the speakers and most of the guests were dressed in country western gear from hats to pigtails and square dancing dresses and jeans. Jasper strolled past us and plopped a cowboy hat on my head. "He's totally in his element. I think Jasper even is going to lead a line dancing class."

"And you're going to be in the front row, Edward!" Jasper laughed. I scowled in his direction as he walked toward the buffet line.

"Don't like to line dance?" Bella quipped.

"Not particularly. It's so repetitive," I grumbled. Bella laughed and kissed me, dragging me down to the buffet line. As we were walking, I could see Rhiannon staring at me. She had this look of absolute disdain and hatred. Her husband was chatting with another couple while Rhiannon was sending me death rays with her eyes. Then, she noticed my hand laced with Bella's. Her death glare moved to Bella. Shit. It's too soon for my past to come and bite me in the ass. "Bella, do you want to go?"

"No, we just got here," she said, looking up at me. "What's wrong?"

The pissed off red-head who's stomping over here. That's what's wrong. "Um, yeah...remember how I said my past might come back to haunt us?"

"Do I need call the Ghostbusters?" Bella asked. I nodded.

Rhiannon tapped my shoulder harshly and I turned around. She glowered at me. "Who's your friend?" she spat.

"Hi," Bella said cheerfully. "I'm Bella Swan. Edward's girlfriend."

"Girlfriend," Rhiannon said slowly.

"Shouldn't you be with your husband?" Bella asked. "You know, that handsome man with the receding hairline?"

"You never said that you had a girlfriend, Edward," Rhiannon spat.

"At the time, I didn't," I replied. "This is recent and I'd like you to please be respectful of my girlfriend. I haven't mentioned our tryst to your husband. But, I'm thinking he's beginning to suspect." I shot a look to her husband who was staring at our interaction with rapt attention. His eyes narrowed and he left the party abruptly when Rhiannon turned around.

"NO!" she screamed as she ran off after him.

"Busted," Bella snickered. I frowned deeply, knowing full well that I ruined their fledgling marriage. "Hey, don't beat yourself up. It takes two to tango. She went into the whole situation, knowing that her husband could have found out that she was fucking around on him."

"I hate that I was the fucker in the situation," I said quietly, removing my hat. Bella growled lowly and dragged me away from the party and shoved me onto a chaise lounge by the smaller of the three pools on the property. She straddled my legs and took my face in her hands. My lips were smushed and I could barely breathe. "Beffa, fwhat are fyou schdoing?"

"Was that English?" she laughed. "You speak how many different languages and you can't get out one sentence in English."

I removed her hands and arched a brow. "What are you doing?" I asked as I kissed her fingertips.

"I'm preventing you from falling into a funk," she said sternly. "I could see you beat yourself up because of that chick who fucked around on her hubby. Yes, you were the fucker but she was the fuckee."

"Why are you being so blasé about this?" I asked. "Because of my actions, their marriage is in the shitter."

"Like I said before, it take two to tango. Would you have felt this guilt before?"

"No," I replied.

"It's proof that you're changing," Bella said as she ran her fingers through my hair. "Edward, you are an incredibly strong man and you need to have faith in yourself. Have you made mistakes? Yes. You're human. We all make mistakes. However, I'd question your sanity if you kept making the same mistakes and not learning from them." She smacked my forehead and glowered at me. "Snap out of it!"

I wrapped my hands around her waist and flipped her onto the adjacent chaise lounge. I was in between her legs and smiling wickedly. "You're looking at me like I'm a steak, Edward. I'm not a cow or any sort of meat product," she giggled.

"No, but you are mouthwatering," I cooed, leaning down to kiss her lips. I loved kissing her. I never wanted to stop. I wanted to lose myself in the feeling of her mouth. Her tongue traced my lips and I eagerly opened up. Our tongues fought for dominance and I could feel myself become harder and harder.

"Get a fucking room," Emmett laughed.

We broke apart and I ended up on the ground. "You are an ass, Emmett," I grumbled.

"Are you okay?" Bella asked as she helped me up.

"I'm fine. Just startled at my loudmouth brother," I hissed, glowering at him.

"I stopped you from fucking your girl in public," Emmett said. "No one wants to see your lily white ass, Eddie."

"I do. But, he does have a point," Bella said, rubbing my shoulder. "Public fucking...not a good idea."

"I wasn't going to fuck you," I pouted. "We were just making out. Something I haven't done in forever."

"And we'll do more of it. In your villa. After the party. Once I've had my ribs and corn," she said, hopping up. "Come on, Cowboy. Your little darlin' needs some vittles. Feed me!" I stood up and flung her over my shoulders. She squealed and kicked in my arms as I carried her back to the party. Bella loaded up a plate filled with food for the both of us. We sat with Jasper, Alice, Rose and Emmett, sharing our dinner and feeding each other morsels of food. After dinner, Jasper did his line dancing clinic. True to his word, he dragged me to the front and used me to help demonstrate the dance.

My entire family laughed at me as I stumbled over my feet learning how to do some version of the Electric Slide. Despite the repetitiveness of the dance, I couldn't do it. Ask me to do some sultry rumba, I'm your man. Some country hick line dance, and I'm a mess. Despite my horrific display of dance abilities, I did have a lot of fun. I gave into the silliness and began skipping around the pool deck. I swiped a hobby horse and rode it, earning guffaws from the guests, my family and Bella.

The rest of the evening was spent dancing with my girl. Some of the most romantic love songs are country and so whenever I could, I gathered her in my arms and we gently swayed to the music. The last slow song of the night was 'Amazed' by Lonestar. My cheek was pressed to Bella's and I began singing quietly. Now, I'm not a phenomenal singer by any stretch of the imagination; I can carry a tune but I wanted to sing to her.

Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away
I've never been this close to anyone,
Or anything
I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams

[Chorus]
I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I want to spend the rest of my life,
with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do,
Baby I'm amazed by you.

The smell of your skin,
The taste of your kiss,
The way you whisper in the dark.
Your hair all around me,
Baby you surround me
Touch every place in my heart
And it feels like the first time
Every time.
I want to spend the whole night
In your eyes

I felt tears on my shoulder and I mentally chastised myself. I made her cry. Shit! "Bella, I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Don't you dare apologize," she said as she wrapped her arms around my neck, squeezing me tightly. "I'm not sad, Edward. The opposite, really."

"Why are you crying?" I asked, pulling back, looking into her watery eyes.

"No one's ever serenaded me," she replied, running her fingers along my jaw line. She stood on her tiptoes and gently caressed my lips with hers. Our kiss quickly became heated and our hands were roaming all over each other's bodies. Nothing x-rated. Just frantic tugging at clothes. "Let's get out of here before your family decides to push us into the pool."

I nodded and we said our goodbyes to the guests and my family. We left the resort and leisurely walked back to my villa, kissing and making out as we walked back home. However, back at my villa, I had an unexpected visitor.

Rhiannon was sitting on one of my chaise lounges, looking upset, distraught and honestly, quite scary. I pulled Bella behind me and scowled at her. "What do you want, Rhiannon?"

"He left me," she said quietly. "He suspected something wasn't quite right after our night together, Edward. Then, he saw me with you the night before the storm and again today. I'm left with nothing."

"I'm sorry, Rhiannon, but you knew that prior to our, um, affair," I said. "Yes, I flirted with you but you went into this with your eyes wide open that you could get caught. Your display earlier today was anything but discreet."

"You led me on, Edward. You promised me everything," she said, her voice becoming more hysterical. "My marriage was a sham and you promised me romance and intrigue."

"I never promised anything to you, Rhiannon. I know I'm going to sound like an ass, but what we had was just sex. Prior to Bella, that's all I wanted. I wanted to get off. I'm sorry that I used you like that and that you assumed I could save you from your marriage," I said. "Now, you're trespassing on private property. This villa is not on the resort property. I'll have to ask you to leave before I call security."

"Is he fucking you, Bella?" Rhiannon asked, her breaths erratic and her eyes crazed.

"No. We've only kissed," she said from behind me.

"You kissed her!?!" Rhiannon screamed, jumping to her feet. "You wouldn't kiss me. Why? WHY? Why is she so fucking special?"

"Señor Cullen, is everything okay?" asked one of the security guards from the resort. "We heard yelling."

"No. This woman is trespassing on my property," I said, gesturing to Rhiannon. "Please escort her from my home and from the resort. She's no longer a guest or welcome here."

The guard walked over to Rhiannon and guided her off my pool deck. She was screaming like a banshee, clawing at the guard. My heart was stammering. I just knew that Bella was going to realize that I wasn't worth the trouble and go back to Alice's villa. Once Rhiannon was gone, I pulled away from Bella, my shame smothering me like a wet blanket.

"Edward, I know what you're thinking," Bella said as she grabbed my hand.

"What?" I asked, my voice sounding hollow and broken. A few traitorous tears streaked down my cheeks. I hastily wiped them away. "What am I thinking?"

Bella walked in front of me and removed the ridiculous hat from my head. She looked up at me. I tried to look away but she was stubborn and held my gaze. "This isn't going to push me away. Yes, you fucked up with her and fucked her. Should you have slept with her? No. However, did you ever suspect that she'd go all psycho-bitch on you? Probably not."

"Why aren't you running away from me?" I asked. "I'm a monster." I dropped my gaze to the pool behind her and a few more tears fell from my eyes. Then, the unthinkable happened. Bella threw me into the pool. I spluttered the surface, only to get a mouthful of water from Bella jumping in after me. She surfaced next to me and I noticed she was wearing significantly less. Her skirt and shirt were on my pool deck and she was in the water in her red bra and panty set. "Why did you do that?"

"You wanted to wallow. You can wallow in the water," she shrugged, swimming to me and wrapping her legs around my waist. "Edward, you have learn something quickly about me. I don't dwell on the past. Maybe it's unhealthy or whatever, but you can't change what happened a minute ago. You can't rewind time and prevent me from tossing you in the pool. You can, however, learn that I will have no doubt in tossing your scrawny ass in the water when you start having your pity parties and you can run away from your evil girlfriend who likes to dunks the ones she cares about. My time with you is limited. While, I'm hopeful that our relationship will withstand the distance and time apart, I want to get the most out of the two weeks that I'm here with you."

"Two and a half," I said as I held her in my arms. "Don't shorten the time, gorgeous."

"Two and a half," she quipped. "Now, you've got to be uncomfortable in all these clothes."

"My girlfriend tossed me into a pool while I was fully dressed," I snorted. She smiled sweetly and pushed my plaid shirt over my shoulders. "Bella?"

"At least get down to your skivvies, Cullen," she laughed as she tossed the shirt next to her clothes. "If I'm in my underwear, it's only fair that you do the same. Besides, this is La Perla and fucking expensive. It's getting ruined by the chlorine of your pool."

"I'll buy you more if you promise to wear more of it," I said as I glided my hands up and down her back. She unwrapped her legs from my waist and pulled my t-shirt over my head. Then, she moved my hands to her ass. Her bare ass. Dear God, she's wearing a thong. "Shorts are so staying on, Bella."

"Got wood?" she quipped, swiveling her hips against mine. I blushed and nodded. "Edward, if it's any consolation, I'm wet, too."

"Duh, Bella. We're in a pool," I teased. Her eyes darkened and she took my hand. Hitching her leg over my hip, she guided my fingers to her warmth. She pulled aside her panties and placed the pads of my fingertips along her folds. Despite the water of the pool, I could feel her arousal. It was substantial warmer than the water and coated my fingers. "Fuck." I breathed deeply and moved my hand away from her pussy. "You're going to kill me, Bella."

"I'm sorry, Edward," she said as she righted her panties. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'm incredibly attracted to you, physically, and I don't want you to think that I'm with you because of that. I know you're trying to work past the 'fucking' thing and what I did was completely inappropriate." She backed away and looked very upset.

"Oh, no, you don't," I said as I hugged her to my bare chest. I gently cupped her face and forced her to look at me. "Bella, thank you for thinking about my feelings and how I would react. I'm also incredibly attracted to you. You are the most beautiful woman in the world to me and I want to do everything with you. I want to make sweet love to you. I want to fuck you until you're screaming in ecstasy. I want to lick every inch of your skin. I want to make you come with my fingers, my tongue and my cock."

"Not helping the wetness factor, Edward," she said, laughing weakly. I took her hand, placing it on my arousal over my shorts. She squeaked. "Not helping you, either."

"I'm telling you this because I want you to know that I'm not turned off by anything about you. I just don't want to jump into a physical relationship too quickly. I want to get to know you. I want to know what makes you tick, what makes you Bella," I said as drew her closer. Her hand moved and she gripped my shoulders.

"I don't want to rush this, either. But, I'm also feeling insecure," she murmured. "Part of me thinks I'm defective because my ex is now gay. Am I gross?"

"No, baby," I said as I kissed her. "You're a beautiful, smart, sexy, snarky woman who has captured my heart. It's your ex that was defective. He strung you along when he should have set you free. He should have recognized that he didn't love you."

"I think he still does love me and that's why he called off the wedding," Bella said. "I'm glad he did, though. I met you."

"I will forever be grateful for your ex playing hide the sausage with his roomie," I chuckled. Bella let out a tinkling laugh and jumped in my arms. "Now, I have a chance to make your dreams come true, gorgeous."

"They already have," she said as she tightened her hold on me. "And that was incredibly cheesy, Cullen."

"I'm trying, Swan," I quipped. "A little rusty in the romance department."

"If this is you acting 'rusty' I'd give my left boob to see you on your 'A-game.'"

"Your left boob? Why not the right one?" I asked as I stared at her bra covered breasts. "You'd be lopsided. I'd still think you're the most beautiful woman in the world, but lopsided." She smacked my chest and laughed.

"I'm glad that you don't just like me for my tits, Edward," she said dryly. "Come on, lover boy. I'm turning into a prune. I'd like to pick up where we left off before we were interrupted by the psycho. After a shower, of course."

My lips crashed against hers in a searing kiss that I could feel all the way to my toenails. After two very quick showers, our making continued until the early hours of the morning. We fell asleep around three or so. When my alarm went off at eight, Bella hardly stirred. I got up and showered, getting ready for work. I made fresh coffee for Bella and left breakfast for her on the island. I wrote her a quick note, leaving it next to breakfast along with some fresh flowers. Before I left, I kissed my girl's forehead and nuzzled her soft hair.

"Hmmm, my Edward," she murmured.

"I'll always be yours, gorgeous," I whispered back as I kissed her lips. She smiled and hugged my pillow.

As I left my villa, I wanted nothing more than to go back to bed and curl around the woman that had wormed her way into my heart. Bella was beautiful, smart, graceful, sarcastic and perfect, in my eyes. She knew how to handle my intense, brooding nature with finesse and humor. Most importantly, she had accepted me, disgusting flaws and all.

Sitting down at my computer, I loaded it up and saw my desktop picture of Bella kissing my nose on Sugarloaf Mountain. I knew I couldn't be without her. She was quickly becoming my world and my heart beat for this funny, endearing, gorgeous and amazing woman. "I've fallen in love you with you, Bella Swan," I murmured, caressing her picture on my computer screen.

A/N: They left Rio and are back on the island. Also, they're back to the reality of facing Edward's past. I can assure you, Rhiannon is gone. But, Zafrina and Victoria are still out there. (Yes, Zafrina is a 'bad guy.') No real picture teasers for this chapter. I do have an outfit for the BBQ (check out my Polyvore site for that ~Tufano79 is my screen name). Up next will be Edward's birthday and a special treat from Bella.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Who do you think is stealing from the Cullens? Will Lauren come back? How about Tyler? James (Alice's ex?) Jacob? Anyhow, check out my blog (link on my profile) for extra teasers. I also post teasers in my Facebook Group: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation and on my twitter: tufano79. Hugs!

�ɴ:u|�

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 6.5K 176
Isabella Swan, an up and coming graphic artist, lived in the heart of the Gold Coast in Chicago. She was comfortable in her brownstone, left to her b...
16.8K 424 29
Bella Swan moves back to Forks, and finally meets her best friend Alice Cullen's family. When she sees Edward Cullen for the first time she falls in...
7.3K 337 21
Edward Cullen and Bella Swan just started dating. In early March, they planned on going on a vacation together. Edward found a great deal to fly down...
267K 8K 151
Bella and Edward have been friends for as long as they could remember. They grew up together, went to college together and now, live in the same apar...