The Crescent

By smammmers

I’m a rogue, what can I say? Born into the Crescent Pack, my parents disowned me, convincing the Alpha to ba... More

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1, Another Day of Hell
Chapter 2, Rogue vs Rogues
Chapter 3, Alpha Cody
Chapter 4, Cake For Breakfast!
Chapter 5, Part of a Pack
Chapter 6, The Happenings of Yellowknife
Chapter 7, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock
Chapter 9, Meet The Parents
Chapter 10, The Strange Stench
Chapter 11, Claimed
Chapter 12, Forced Meeting With The Parents
Chapter 13, Another White Wolf
Chapter 14, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock
Chapter 15, Halo vs Need For Speed
Chapter 16, Night On The Town
Chapter 17, Kidnapped
Chapter 18, It's War Then!
Chapter 19, Vera vs Dingo
Chapter 20, An Uptight Pack
Chapter 21, Cell Buddies
Chapter 22, Prison Riot
Chapter 23, The Official Meeting
Chapter 24, Coming Home
Chapter 25, Rocky The Flying Squirrel
Chapter 26, Facing Reality
Chapter 27, The Tenacious Beta
Chapter 28, Dead White Wolf
Chapter 29, An Interesting Day
Chapter 30, Day On The Town
Chapter 31, Mates
Chapter 32, Official Luna
Chapter 33, Home Again.....
Chapter 34, Putting On My Game Face
Chapter 35, The War Is On!
Chapter 36, Post War Meetings
Chapter 37, Chasing Gerald
Chapter 38, The Human Colony
Chapter 39, Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 40, Still Alive
Chapter 41, Coming to Terms
Chapter 42, Just a Sip
Epilogue
Sequel and Author's Note

Chapter 8, Deal With The Devil

55.4K 1.6K 148
By smammmers

Chapter 8

The following days were what I would call a series of soap operas and television romances.

Cody would come in every couple of hours either to feed me or claim that he missed me.  Since when did that wolf get off actually liking me around anyways?

Cody walked in, his usual chirpy self lately; skipping over to the side of the bed as he did something different to his usual self; propping himself up on the side of the bed.

Stretching out the length of the mattress, he sat up on his elbow, daring me to roll my eyes over his apparently good looking body.

‘Is there something you want Cody’?

Smirking his began to run his fingers over my arm, as it rested peacefully sitting on the mattress.

‘I want you Vera; I thought we’d been over this…..’

My inner wolf acting as her usual self, praised every gesture Cody was making with his smart alec attitude before an idea crossed my mind making her howl in disappointment.

Lifting my arm up off the bed, I reached for Cody’s chest, tracing the ripples I could feel through his shirt as he sat quietly, anticipating what he thought was going to happen.

A fire burning in my fingers, I forced myself not to pull away as I tried to pull myself to wards Cody; now feeling I was able to move.  Slowly sliding up to Cody’s height, I stretched out, trying to reach near his ear as he leant down helping me part of the way.

Whispering my sweet nothings; Cody’s body tensed as he let out a small moan, liking this little intimate moment I was about to ruin.

‘Is this what you want Alpha’?

Tracing my fingers back up his chest, I stopped abruptly; time almost halting as Cody’s eyes now watched me curiously.

‘Too bad I don’t want to play pretty boy’.

Pushing with all my force, Cody was taken off guard as his body slumped and fell onto the ground from the impact.  Lying there for a second, I could only guess what was going through that wolf’s mind as I chuckled quietly; if only pushing someone off a bed could be that exciting all the time.

Groaning and slowly sitting back up to rest his chin on the side of my bed; Cody’s eyes said it all that he wasn’t expecting it.

‘You play dirty Vera’.

‘If I didn’t play dirty, I wouldn’t be Vera now, would I’.

Smirking Cody growled at me, now yanking the sheets off the bed; ‘I think you’ve rested enough smart ass, how about I go make you some pancakes before bed’.

Shock covering my face, I looked down, expecting to be confronted with a bandaged and naked body as I gazed upon the dress I was lying in, confused as to how it got there.

‘You dressed me’!

Cody looked at me with a duh look, shaking his head as he sat back down; his hand going to trace my calf muscle before I pulled it away, feeling a small sensation of pain in my backside.

‘Come on, I thought we were friends now’?

Growling, I was past my friendly stage; all energy drained that could possibly lead to a friendship.  ‘You pervert!  I specifically told you to keep your eyes to yourself; I hope you weren’t peeking buddy’!

Holding his hands up in defence, Cody shook his head; feigning innocence but I knew the little smirk he was trying to hide said it all.

‘You have five seconds to get out of my room before I come after you’!

Cody’s mouth dropped to the floor as I could feel what I thought was his heart beginning to crumble, my wolf sinking into the pit of my stomach like I had just stopped time.

Unable to form coherent words, he simply left the room; shock plain on his face, he should have known if he broke the rules I would get him back.

No one messes with the Vera.

The night passed as I curled up alone as usual.  My body feeling healed as I woke the next morning, my wolf begging me to get out and stretch.

It was now Sunday or so I thought, Cody had made no mention of meeting the pack but I figured he would make it happen today.

Getting to my feet, my bones popped, anxious I was now up and moving again.  My wounds completely healed like the wolf I was meant that I would be able to resume my efforts at ticking off the wolves living in this house.

‘Breakfast is ready when you are Vera’.

Smiling, the guy was too lazy just to walk up the stairs and tell me; typical male as I slid open the door, my feet touching the cool floorboards as I made my way downstairs.

Barefoot, I could feel every grove in the floor as I took a step at a time, a little disorientated from lying down so long.

Reaching the bottom, Charlie as usual was sitting in the lounge room, his eyes glued to the Xbox as I took a left, seeing Cody cooking his pile of pancakes in the kitchen.

‘Good morning Vera’.

Bouncing over and sitting at my stool in the corner so I could lean my back against the wall, a large plate of six pancakes was sat in front of me; cream and jam at the ready.

‘You know I’m going to get fat if you keep feeding me like I don’t eat everyday’.

Cody chuckled, looking at my plate before throwing another pancake onto his; ‘you won’t get fat, you’ve barely put on any weight since coming here’.

Scoffing, the pancakes were quick to hit my stomach as I took my large cup of juice sat in front of me, drinking it in record time.

‘I suppose when I choose to eat like this, I can’t blame you for thinking I’m starved’.

Cody now sat with his pile of pancakes, taking his time as if showing off that he actually knew how to eat properly; ‘by the way Vera, after breakfast you’re going to meet my pack so dress to impress’.

Frowning, I never dressed to impress, what kind of sleazy girl would? 

‘I’ll go grab my best pair of pyjamas that I can find then’.

Cody pausing from his meal, apparently he was going to get his way.

‘No you’re going to go have a shower and find a nice summer dress to put on, if you’re  not dressed in twenty minutes I will be coming up there personally to dress you’.

Pushing me towards the stairs, I was very tempted to not listen and of course being the trouble maker I was, I wasn’t planning on doing what Cody said anytime soon.

‘How about I go play a little Halo while you finish your breakfast’?

Thinking Cody looked at me, trying to see the plan behind my actions; ’I suppose you can but you have five minutes’.

Shooting my arm up in victory, I bolted over to Charlie, jumping over the couch and plonking down next to him.

‘If it isn’t the ruthless Vera come to take my game; how are you feeling this morning’?

Smirking, I quickly snatched the controller from Charlie’s hand, him not even bothering to put up much of a fight.

‘You know a please and thank you wouldn’t go astray’.

Waving Charlie off, I could hear the not so subtle noise of Charlie sniffing the air, purposely doing it to tick me off.

‘Charlie, keep your nose to yourself before I try to tear it off’!

Chuckling Charlie patted me on the back quite forcefully making Cody growl from the next room before he withdrew his hand realising his mistake.

‘At least I’m not the one in love with the Alpha…….’

Growling, I could sense Cody looking between us, studying what was happening even though he was still in the other room eating.

‘It’s been three days Charlie; I am NOT in love with the Alpha’!

‘I beg to differ, running out to save his ass in the middle of the night sounds like a love struck fool to me’.

Getting shot by some sniper in the game, I cursed throwing the controller back at Charlie; ‘here have your game smarty pants, I have a meeting to prepare for’.

Hearing Cody getting to his feet just in time, I took off towards the front door, eyeing Cody as he stared at me with his don’t you care look.  Turning the knob, I quickly ducked out, hearing the breeze behind me as Cody had tried to beat me out and stop me from starting this little game.

‘Following the rules is just too easy, isn’t it Vera’?

Nodding my head, knowing Cody couldn’t see me, I turned taking a running start around the side of the house, my wolf begging to be let out but I really didn’t want to be pinned for escaping so I chose against it.

Turning the corner, I stopped in my tracks seeing Gerald sitting at a bench, reading so fossilised novel.

‘Am I to assume you shouldn’t be here, Vera’?

Deciding not to answer, my wolf was telling me something was up.  Gerald was supposed to be high in the hierarchy around here, yet he always seemed to be somewhat watching me from a far.

Turning my head to examine the novel, Gerald clamped it shut; his eyes turning a dark colour, whatever had got in his pants this morning definitely wasn’t welcome.

‘You would be wise to go back inside before I find something more creative for you to do, Vera’.

The eerie tone to his voice had me running back the way I’d come before he’d even moved from his spot.

Slamming the front door behind me, I could feel both Cody and Charlie glaring at me, confused why I was back so soon and had not run deep in the forest to play a game of hide and seek.

‘I’m glad we understand each other Vera; I’ll be seeing you soon……’

Gerald’s voice sent a shiver down my spine; turning to walk up the stairs, I didn’t dare look at either man staring at me, knowing they would see right through my change of heart.

Taking two steps at a time, I was quickly in Cody’s room, his fresh scent filling my nostrils.  That guy had been in here in the five seconds I had been gone…… pervert.

Slamming open the wardrobe, the boarded up glass doors leading to the balcony, blocked a lot of the light in the room now.

Flicking the switch, the wardrobe lit up, making me scoff; people just had too much money these days. 

My fingers running over the various dresses, I felt like barfing knowing someone would have to see me in these; so finding something simple, I pulled out a white dress, coloured with red flower patterns and a black belt under the bust.

Quickly jumping in the shower, I ended up having to pull rolls of bandage over my butt and back before I could even get wet.

Seeing the skin looking perfect again underneath, I quickly tossed the bandages into the bin, seeing the blood stained from when I was still injured from having some jackass wolf tearing into my butt.

Turning the hot tap up, the steam filled the bathroom; my skin absorbing the moist heat and appreciating the fact that I actually was trying to look after it.

Deciding to jump out after only five minutes standing under the water, I felt more awake now; brushing my teeth and throwing my hair up in a fairly neat pony tail; my brunette hair now tied at my shoulders.

Leaving the bathroom in nothing but my towel, I was an idiot not to bring the dress in with me, seeing Cody standing there, his hand running over the dress I had laid out on the bed.

‘Can I ask why you’re here Cody’?

 Water dripping from my naked form, I wasn’t overly keen getting physical with Cody right now so I was hoping pure verbal abuse would make him leave.

Cody looked up, smiling innocently like he didn’t know I was up here getting dressed; ‘I just thought I’d come to check on you, I like the dress by the way’.

Snarling, I pointed to the door; Cody looking at my hand and choosing to step closer to me now, with me backing up towards the bathroom.

‘Cody, please’.

 Stopping just a metre away, Cody’s eyes were locked on mine; his hands almost shaking from him holding himself back.

‘You know how hard it is to stand here and not be allowed to touch right now, Vera’?

Rolling my eyes, I really wasn’t feeling this moment right now like Cody was, instead I felt like I was exposed and trapped in a guy’s bedroom.

‘Next time, don’t put your nose where you’re not welcome then’!

Cody’s face fell as he sighed; his hands now reaching up to wrap around my arms that were holding my towel around me.

‘Just let me in this once’, his face making my wolf bound crazily inside me, begging me to accept his proposition.

Trying to pull my eyes away from his, this stupid Alpha aura was difficult to resist with him begging so openly but I was smarter than this, I had to be.

‘If you want to be let in Cody; I suggest trying a not so forward approach’.

His arms dropping immediately, Cody turned to walk out of the room; I could feel even as he walked away the disappointment clear in his posture.

Just because we were mates didn’t mean I was automatically going to do everything this Alpha said.

‘I’m sorry for bothering you then Vera’.

Great now the big bad Alpha was all miserable.

‘Hey Cody, we’re going to a pack meeting remember; you’re supposed to be happy’.

My sarcastic tone didn’t go unnoticed with Cody shaking his head.

 Stopping in the doorway for a second, his eyes wandered over me again as if imagining me without the towel covering me…..pervert.

‘If my soon to be Luna won’t accept me, how do I even know my pack will want to see me today’?

Rolling my eyes, I should have known it would come to this.  Bribery would have to be the only way to go since Cody had decided to play mean.

‘Well how bout I……’

Cody’s eyes lit up, waiting for me to finish my sentence; my face flushing red, this was surely the first time I’d ever been full on embarrassed in front of Cody.

‘How bout I let you have an arm around me the whole day, how’s that for a deal’.

As if he had just been given all he wanted, Cody ran out of the room cheering.

‘I’ll see you in ten minutes Vera and don’t forget to play nice’.

Of course Cody was only interested in getting his Alpha hands on me; I should have known from the start that it was all he wanted.

I’d have to get him back for this one, use it against him and remind him of his place; I definitely wasn’t the nicest soon to be Luna that had lived.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 7.2K 98
[BEING REWRITTEN] What would you do if you learned about your bloodline? What would you do if you found out the hot guy you ran into was your mate? W...
1.3M 43.6K 35
My memories always haunt me. And they never cease. They come back when I hear a simple howl at night. I wish they would just disapear, like how I ma...
9K 242 32
The names Veronica. I am a newly eighteen year since I just turned eighteen. I accidentally crossed my packs border into moonstruck pack. I mean, I d...
312 13 10
"I Alpha Jason Huntsman of the Blue Moon Pack reject you Esmeray Woodsmith of the Blue Moon pack as my mate." My knees feel weak and my whole body st...