Finding Mr. Not So Right

By nyce_gurl

Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with... More

Chapter 1: Who is he??
Chapter 2: Not again!
Chapter 3: Faith or fate?
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Mission impossible
Chapter 6: Dragon's Lair
Chapter 7: Small world
Chapter 8: Uninvited
Chapter 9: The Fifth Member
Chapter 10: Stalk-her
Chapter 11: Rain
Chapter 12: The Dream
Chapter 13: Thank you
Chapter 14: Nothing to Something
Chapter 15: The Meeting (Part 1)
Chapter 16: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 17: Truce
Chapter 18: Stranger
Chapter 19: Changes
Chapter 20: Trapped
Chapter 21: Missing Link
Chapter 22: Broken Barrier
Chapter 23: Acquaintance
Chapter 24: The Plan
Chapter 25: Jealous Dragon
Chapter 26: Point of Realization
Chapter 27: The Revelations
Chapter 29: The Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 30: The Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 31: Lost and Found
Chapter 32: Dejavu
Chapter 33: Oh my God!
Chapter 34: Like vs. Love?
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Confession
Chapter 37: The nightmare
Chapter 38: Endless night
Chapter 39: Visitor
Chapter 40: Trip to Busan
Chapter 41: Welcome back(s)
Chapter 42: The Rival
Chapter 43: We met again
Chapter 44: Masks Off
Chapter 45: When it rains, it really pours...
Chapter 46: Unknown Feelings
Chapter 47: Lies
Chapter 48: Two face
Chapter 49: Puzzle pieces
Chapter 50: Captured
Chapter 51: Behind the real you
Chapter 52: Dragon Unleashed
Chapter 53: One Last Time
Chapter 54: Reunited
Chapter 55: History repeats itself
Chapter 56: Rescue Mission
Chapter 57: Mutual feeling
Chapter 58: No one else comes close
Chapter 59: Old friend
Chapter 60: First and Last
Chapter 61: The Experiment
Chapter 62: The Revenge
Chapter 63: Darkest Hour
Chapter 64: The New Beginning
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 28: Preparation

2.1K 49 1
By nyce_gurl

The door suddenly burst open revealing armed men wearing black suits. They gave way to the last person who entered the room. He was calm but everyone in the room can sense danger just by looking at him.

"Hyunsuk, what are you doing here?" Dr. Jang asked, shock visible in his face.

"Why? Am i not allowed to visit my old friend?" Hyunsuk smirked and looked at him with menacing eyes.

Dr. Jang instantly stepped back when he walked slowly towards him. "Friend? You already lost a friend the moment you tried to kill my daughter!" He shouted at him as his eyes started to tear up remembering that day.

"I didn't want to do that. If you only followed my instructions, we won't be in that kind of situation. You will still be with your daughter up to now."

"You and your selfishness! I don't want to be a part of any of that. I just want to be with my daughter, please let me go!" Dr. Jang shouted hysterically, trying to persuade Hyunsuk to let him go.

"Don't worry, i will, if you finish the drug i was..." Dr. Jang cut him off.

"I told you, that drug has no guaranty that it will work the way you wanted. It may cause the life of anyone who takes it." Dr. Jang explained, hoping he will understand.

"Its not you who will decide on that." Hyunsuk stubbornly said.

"Your already rich and you can have anything in this world, what else do you want?"

"Power, money... Its nothing compared to the ability to control ones mind. Think about it Jihoon, we can have the world in the palm of our hands." Hyunsuk smirked as he look at Dr. Jang with eagerness.

"I don't want that Hyunsuk, even if you kill me i won't do it." Dr. Jang hung his head low and turned his back on him.

"You know i won't do that, but i'm not sure about your daughter..." Hyunsuk smirked enjoying the look on Jihoon's face.

"Leave her alone! She has nothing to do with this!"

"Then do it! Finish the drug and i'll let her live. Her life is in your hands Jihoon. You know what i can do." He finally said and started his pace out the door.

"Hyunsuk! Hyunsuk! Don't you dare hurt her!" He screamed until the door shut close leaving him alone.

"Find her. I can't wait for Jiyong any longer. We need her now!" Hyunsuk shouted at his men in anger as they scurried away in fear.

-------
DARA'S POV

I yawned after i sent an email to one of our boss. I haven't had enough sleep this past few days. I've been thinking a lot of things lately. The ball, what shall i do there? Ms. Han was right about learning how to interact with people, but i only have a few days to prepare. And Donghae, he talked to me yesterday and said he's not sure if he could accompany me. He said he must be somewhere important and will just send someone if he won't make it. Geez, the only person i can rely on that day won't be there as well. That made me more pressured and nervous.

'Theres something else bothering you right?'

What? Who's that?

'Its your conscience idiot!'

Woah! Now my conscience is talking to me now? I'm must be going crazy!!

'No your not, you just don't want to admit that you're thinking of him!'

Who? Jiyong? Of course not, why will i think of him in the first place. Even if that jerk won't show himself for days, or even years, i don't care!

'See, i didn't mention any names but he's the first person who entered that brain of yours.'

Stop it conscience! Your not helping. Arggg. Fine! I admit, i've been thinking about him too. Its been days since i last saw him and he didn't even bother sending any messages after our last conversation. Is he still mad? Not that i care, i just don't want people hating me thats all...

'Really?'

Yes really, now shut it conscience before i shut you down. Aisht!!! I really am going crazy!!!

--------

"So Dara, what will you wear at the ball?" Bom is currently loitering inside my office doing nothing but pester me around.

"I still don't know Bom. What are you doing here anyway? Don't you have work to finish?" I asked.

"I'm done with it, that's how efficient i am." She proudly said and plastered a grin upon her face.

"Really? Or you just gave it to your assistant for her to work on it?" I raised my brows at her as i crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well..I was just utilizing every help i can get. What about you? Where's your assistant?" She asked obviously dodging the subject.

"He's missing in action again. He called me yesterday and told me he can't accompany me at the ball." I frowned and slumped in my seat remembering that i'l attend it without him.

"Why?"

"He said something important came up and he will just send someone to come with me." I told her.

"Aww. That's sad. Don't worry Dara, you can do it without him. All you need to worry about now is your dress. You have to look gorgeous and i can help you with that." She said excitedly and bounced in her seat.

"I know what your thinking Bom. Its a formal event and sexy dresses are not allowed." I warned her but i think it didn't work because her face became more excited than ever.

"Then lets go to the mall later. I have something in mind that will perfectly suit you." She said and prepared herself to leave.

"Wait! We still have two more hours before office ends. Where do you think your going?" I was surprised when she suddenly stood up and picked the phone to dial a number.

"Good afternoon Ms. Han, Can we leave the office early today? We need to prepare for next week's annual convention." Bom said and my eyes widen in shock at what she did. Omg, Ms. Han will definitely kill me. "Really? Ok then. Thank you." She said and finally hung up.

"What the hell did you do?!?" I yelled at her as my blood already rushed to my head.

"I just informed her that we need to leave now, she said yes, now lets go!" She immediately walked around my desk and pulled me up. I certainly can't imagine what else this woman can do.

------

I opened the door of my apartment, finally home from shopping with Bom. I can't believe we almost went to every boutique the mall has just to find the dress i will wear next week. Bom was so picky that we almost got thrown out of every store we visited. She told me that since its a masquerade ball, i have to choose a dress that will capture the eyes of other guests. What was she thinking? I mean, that's the last thing i would want. I'd rather slink in the back unnoticed than have everyone gaping at me.

I was preparing myself to bed when i heard my phone beeped. Its from an unknown number.

Unknown Number: Is this Miss Park?

Me: Who is this?

Unknown Number: Its me, Jaejoong.

Me: How did you get my number?

Jaejoong: Its a secret. Hahaha. How are you?

Me: Secret your face! I'm still alive, isn't it obvious?

Jaejoong: Aww, you miss me don't you? Well i miss you too if you want to know.

Me: I don't miss you jerk! I'm going to sleep now so if you don't have anything else to say, goodnight!

Jaejoong: Wait! I want to ask you something.

Me: What is it?

Jaejoong: You see, i have to attend this ball next week and I don't have a date, can you accompany me instead?

Me: Woah! You mean the annual convention masquerade ball?

Jaejoong: Yeah, how did you know?

Me: My boss assigned me to attend that event. I didn't want to but i have no choice.

Jaejoong: Wow! That's great! So you'll be my date then ok?

Me: What? Who told you i want to be your date?!?

Jaejoong: Do you have a date?

Me: No, but i will only attend because of work not to have fun.

Jaejoong: Who says you can't do both? I'll pick you up at 7pm ok? Goodnight!!!!

Me: Jaejoooong!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Be Mine By mv

Fanfiction

266K 5.4K 28
Description Love, fate, life and death will bind them together. In the world where everything you have is just borrowed, where everything has its own...
25.7K 745 37
Kwon Jiyong has everything he'd always wanted and with the snap of fingers he gets anything he desires except for one thing... Park Sandara doesn't t...
36.5K 904 40
Kwon Jiyong is a straight-A student, teacher's pet, mama's boy, a perfect gentleman, and filthy rich. He is an only child and even though his parents...
43.2K 1.5K 57
Bad Boy. Good Girl. Doctor. Nurse. Together. Apart. Fated? Or Not?