Niall Horan Pregnancy Series

By kaley676

This is the fourth book in my Niall Horan Series and it follows the: Wedding Series, Honeymoon Series, and Ma... More

Finding Out
Telling Niall
First Appointment
Telling the Boys
Telling the Family: Y/n's Family
Telling the Family: Niall's Family
Second Dr. Appointment
First Ultrasound
Announcing the Pregnancy
Celebrities & Friends Congratulating You
Starting to Show
Cravings
Mood Swings
Shopping for Maternity Clothes
Pregnancy Complications
Pregnancy Complications Part 2
Niall Gets Protective
Feeling Insecure
He Does Something Sweet to Make You Feel Better
Getting Pregnancy & Parenting Advice: Y/n's P.O.V.
Getting Pregnancy Advice: Niall's P.O.V
Talking About Finding Out the Gender
Finding Out the Gender
Gender Reveal Party
Shopping for the Babies
Niall Goes On Tour
While Niall Is Away: Y/n's P.O.V.
While Niall Is Away: Niall's P.O.V
Niall Comes Home From Tour
One of the Boys Comfort You
Picking the Names
Getting the Nursery Ready
Preparing for the Babies
Niall Talking & Singing to the Bump
Niall Pampering You
Baby Shower
Baby Shower Part 2
Making a Belly Mold
Making a Birth Plan
Packing the Hospital Bag
Your Water Breaking
Labor: Part 1
Labor: Part 2
Delivery & Meeting the Babies

Feeling the Babies Kick for the First Time

13.1K 219 14
By kaley676

You woke up as you felt something hit your stomach. You groaned as you rolled over and opened your eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time tonight. 12:34. You had been tossing and turning since you went to bed two hours ago. Every time Niall rolled over in his sleep his elbow would gently hit your stomach.

As if that weren't enough to keep you awake you couldn't get comfortable. Your back was killing you and you couldn't manage to find a comfortable position. You tried sleeping on your back, which only made the pain worse. Then you tried sleeping on your left side, which was comfortable but you were facing Niall so anytime he rolled over in bed he would bump you. Then you tried sleeping on your right side but that wasn't comfortable either.

You felt a slight bump again on your stomach and you groaned as you looked over at Niall.

"Ni, stop elbowing me." You said.

"I'm not babe," he groaned as he rolled over onto his back to look at you. He opened his eyes about half way to meet yours before closing them again.

You eyebrows knitted together as you were confused about what you had felt. Niall was sleeping on his side facing away from you so he hadn't elbowed you. But what else would have hit your stomach. Conor maybe?

"Babe where's Conor?" You asked.

"On the floor by me...why?" He mumbled.

"Something is bumping my stomach, I swear." You said.

"Babe it's just you and me in the bed. You're probably just imagining it. Just go to bed." Niall said in his thick accent from his half-asleep voice.

Then you felt it again. You immediately put your hands on your stomach and waited to feel it again. After about fifteen seconds you felt it again. Your lips curved into a smile as you realized that the babies were kicking for the first time.

"N-Ni." You said softly as you stared at your bump in amazement.

"Hmm." He softly hummed, acknowledging you, but you knew he wasn't awake.

"Niall, the babies." You said.

His eyes immediately shot open and he sat up. He reached over and turned on the lamp on his bedside table before turning to look at you.

"What's wrong?" Is everything okay?" He asked as he looked over at you worriedly. "Are they okay? Are you okay? Are you having pains babe? Are you feeling okay?" He said in a panic as he looked over you.

"Ni, I'm fine. Th-they're kicking." You said as you looked over at him.

"Really?" He asked looking at you with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah," you said as you smiled and nodded at him as you kept your hands on your stomach to feel them.

You smiled as you felt the little thumps of your babies kicking. At first it was just on one side then you could feel it on each side of your bump.

"C-can I?" Niall asked motioning towards your stomach.

"Of course." You said as you looked up at him.

You removed your hands from your bump so that Niall's hands could take their spot. He gently put his hands on the center of your bump.

You instinctively jumped a little from the cool temperature of his hands.

"Ni your hands are freezing!" You said.

"Sorry babe!" Niall said as he looked up at you apologetically.

You waited to feel the babies kick. You could feel them still moving but Niall's face dropped the longer he looked down at his hands on your stomach.

"I don't feel anything." He said as his eyes moved from his hands up to meet your eyes.

"You're touching the wrong spots. Move them to the sides. That's where they are kicking." You said as you reached down and gently slid each of his hands to the side of your bump.

You leaned back on the pillows and watched as the corners of his lips curved into a smile as he felt his babies kick for the first time. Then he felt them kick again and his entire face lit up!

"Wow." He said as he looked up at you. You swore it looked like he was fighting back tears.

"Those are your babies." You said softly.

"No. Those are our babies." He said correcting you.

Even though it was the middle of the night and you and Niall were both tired, the two of you sat on your bed taking turns as you felt the babies kick. Both of you had huge smiles on your faces. You were so happy to feel the babies kicking, and everything started to feel real for you.

Niall leaned down and placed a gentle kiss to each side of your belly before looking up at you. He noticed a tear going down your cheek and his face changed from one of happiness to one of concern.

"What wrong, princess?" Niall asked as he reached up and cupped your cheek as he gently wiped the tear away with the pad of his thumb.

"It's n-nothing. It's just this is all starting to feel very real... and I'm not sure I'm ready." You said.

"Ready for what?" He asked.

"Ready to be a mom...ready for them to get here...I'm scared, Ni." You said as you looked down avoiding looking into his eyes.

"Hey, there's nothing to be worried about, love. You're going to be a natural with these babies. I've seen the way you are with Theo and Lux and your nieces and nephews. You are great with kids! And I'm going to be here for you. We'll figure it out together, okay babe?" He asked as he moved one of his hands from your bump to intertwine your fingers with his.

"You really think we're ready?" You asked.

"At this exact moment? No. We don't have cribs or clothes or any of that stuff. But we can buy all of that stuff. I know that we can do this! We've both been around kids. I've babysat Theo  tons of times and I've helped with Lux on tour. You have loads of experience with kids from your nieces and nephews. We'll be just fine, babe." Niall said.

"I just can't believe I'm going to be a mum in 5 months. It seems like we just got married and moved into the house and now here we are having babies already." You said.

"I think you're going to be an amazing mu, Y/n. I wouldn't want my kids to have anyone else as their mum." He said as he leaned back on the pillows and pulled you into his chest. You laid your head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around you.

The two of you laid there for a while in comfortable silence. You listened to Niall's steady heartbeat as he gently rubbed shapes into the skin of your upper arm.

"What are you thinking about?" You asked as you turned your head to look up at him.

"I'm just thinking about how much life has changed in the last year and a half. I used to be living in hotels on the road with the guys, waking up in a different city every night. I was performing on stage in front of thousands of screaming fans. Now I'm just a normal guy with a beautiful wife and a house and a dog and babies on the way. Looking back at me two years ago it was hard to imagine that I would be here. When you're on the road living that life, it's hard to imagine what it's like to have a normal life." He said.

"Do you miss that life? Being on the road with the guys? Performing and traveling?" You asked.

"I do. I miss doing what I love and performing on stage with the guys. I miss traveling and getting to see beautiful places all over the world. But I wouldn't trade moments like this for any of it. I love being home with you, waking up next to you every day. I love taking Conor on walks around the neighborhood. I love being able to hold you in my arms and feeling your baby bump. I love being a husband and a dad more than anything in the world." He said as he leaned in and gently pressed his lips to your forehead.

"More than being a super star?" You asked.

"More than being a super star." He confirmed. "You are my whole world, Y/n. You and these babies are everything to me. I promise I'll do everything I can to take care of you guys. I love you." He said.

"I love you too, Niall. Thank you." You said softly.

"For what?" He asked looking down at you.

"For being a great husband, and for being a great dad even though all you can do right now is feel and talk to the bump." You said.

"You're welcome princess. Now get some rest." He said.

"Will you sing to me?" You asked.

"Of course baby." He said smiling down at you.

"I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh" He sang as he began to sing Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.

As Niall began to sing, you felt the babies start to kick again. The louder he sang the more they seemed to move.

"Niall they're kicking!" You said smiling up at him.

"Really?" He asked as he stopped singing to put his hand on your stomach.

His face dropped a little as he didn't feel anything. You noticed the babies had stopped kicking since he stopped singing.

"Sing some more. They were kicking when you sang." You said.

"They don't know how long it takes

Waiting for a love like this

Every time we say goodbye

I wish we had one more kiss

I'll wait for you I promise you I will." He softly sang. He kept a hand on your stomach and his face lit up as he felt the babies kicking as they listened to him sing.

"They like it when I sing." He said as he looked over at you.

"Just like their mum!" You said as you leaned in and placed a gentle kiss to his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

574K 7.2K 200
Welcome to my fourth book of imagines about the one and only Shawn Mendes! {*} = smut! Requests are closed! MEAN OR HATEFUL COMMENTS WILL GET YOU MUT...
8.2K 172 21
64.7K 1.5K 33
Book 3/4 Harry and Ally are about to get married, Louis and Brittany had their first baby and Zayn and Liam are finding their true love. Everything s...
85.3K 2.8K 31
COMPLETED // Updated periodically with post-story drabbles. WARNING: This story will contain issues pertaining to a difficult pregnancy. Please read...