Our Modern Fairytale (ZM) [CO...

By Mumal16

WINNER OF THE FANFICTION AWARDS 2017. Ranked #1 out of 77.1k Zayn stories, April 26 2020. Ranked #1 out of 25... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Last Chapter/Epilogue.
Last Author Note.
My other books.
Omg read this!

Chapter 3.

3.8K 305 468
By Mumal16

I enter my room feeling exhausted after school and head towards my bathroom when I hear my aunt's ear piercing screaming, making me let out a sigh and walk out of my room, to the staircase to find her standing on the lower stair with a pissed off face and her hands placed on her hips.

"Yes, Aunt Georgia?"

"Did you prepare the cupcakes and decorate the house for the party?!" She yells at me, although I'm standing right in front of her and I don't find any reason for her to yell at me.

"Did you clean the house? Did you order the cake? Did you get the drinks? Did you..." she continues to ramble, as I quietly listen to her, not saying any thing to interrupt her in between. She suddenly stops and narrows her eyebrows at me, her lips pursing together before she parts them to again yell at me.

"Why are you not answering me?! Where did your tongue go now? Huh?!" She yells at the top of her lungs, causing me to flinch and straighten myself as I watch her in slight horror.

"I was uh, I was letting you complete your sentence first." I quickly say and she mocks me, rolling her eyes at me.

"Go and start the work now!" She orders before turning on her heels and walking inside her bedroom downstairs. I huff and rub my hands over my face before walking inside my room and quickly washing my face and changing my clothes.

▪▪▪▪

"Drinks anyone?" I ask the wild teenagers dancing around everywhere in the pool area, carrying a tray of drinks in my hand. Suddenly I feel my arm being grabbed as someone pulls me towards them.

"My best friend didn't get the drink! What the hell are you even doing?!" Amber yells at me as I look over at her best friend Chloe, who I had just served the drink five minutes ago.

"But I--never mind." I say, sighing, as I hand her a drink quietly because I know there is no use of arguing with Amber or her best friend.

I begin to walk past them when I hear them talking about the new guy of our school. "Did Zayn arrive already?" Chloe asks Amber as I slightly tilt my head to see a frown on Amber's face as she plays with her necklace.

"No, he hasn't yet. I hope he's coming because I invited him." She says when I feel my vision getting blury and I clutch my head as it begins to hurt. I feel completely dizzy and exhausted due to working nonstop.

"We need drinks!" Tyler and his friends yell from across the pool and I reply a "coming", before rushing towards them when I bump into someone causing the tray in my hands to disbalance as the drinks drop on the person I bumped into.

Oh God. No. Not him.

"I am..I'm really so-"

"What the-"

"Maire can't you fucking walk properly?!" Tyler rushes towards Zayn and I, cutting off Zayn's sentence in the middle. I stare at Tyler and then back at Zayn and then back at Tyler and then back at Zayn with my mouth and eyes wide open. My eyes travel over Zayn's shirt soaked in the drink, then back at Tyler's furious face. I take a step back from them because Tyler looks like he can kill me any minute.

"Apologise to Zayn now, you bitch!" Tyler yells at me, causing some heads to turn in our direction as I flinch at his tone, my heart beat racing. I lower my head in shame, when Tyler again yells at me making me again flinch.

"Apologise to Za-"

"It's fine, don't talk to her like that." I hear Zayn's voice, making me lift up my head and look at him in confusion. Isn't he going to yell at me?

"It's not fine, she's got to apologise to you, mate." Tyler says when Zayn shakes his head, his eyes locked with mine. His expressions seem soft somehow, as if he isn't angry at me which is quiet confusing and surprising.

"Take Zayn to my room and give him one of my shirts." Tyler commands as I nod, again locking my eyes with Zayn. "Later, come back and clean the mess you created." He says, pointing at the broken glasses lying on the floor. I again nod and turn over to walk inside the house, with Zayn following behind me quietly. We both walk upstairs to Tyler's bedroom and I open his wardrobe, searching for a T-shirt.

I quickly take out a black T-shirt with a "rebel" written in front of it-irony-, as I slowly turn around and hand him the shirt. He quietly stares at me, then at the shirt before taking it from my hand.

"Thanks," he mutters, taking off his shirt in front of me. My eyes widen at the sudden action, as they travel all over his body, taking in every tattoo on his skin.

I hear a fake cough, catching my attention to see Zayn smirking at me. "Staring isn't good, you know?" He says, and I quickly bite my lip, turning my back on him and earning a chuckle from his lips. I mentally face palm myself as I feel my cheeks burn.

Don't blush, please. Don't blush. It would be so visible.

"I told you not to bite your lips in front of me, it's a turn on." I feel his breath hitting my neck as he slowly whispers in my ear, causing the hair on the back of my neck to rise up. I have no idea when he moved this close to me. I hold my breath until I hear him chuckle against my ear, causing my knees to go weak when he backs away and leaves the room.

What happened to me just few seconds ago?

I quickly walk out of the room and head towards the party, to clean the mess I created earlier. Once I clean everything from the floor, I get up to serve the cupcakes to everyone, when I notice someone's gaze on me. My eyes travel to the big group of people sitting on the couch across the pool, which include Amber, her friends, Tyler, his friends and Zayn, with Zayn's arm resting on Amber's shoulder as they both sit close to eachother but his eyes fixed on me.

I turn around to leave when I feel a tap on my shoulder, causing me to again turn around and face the person.

"Maire, I want to talk to you about something." Matt, one of Tyler's friend stands in front of me with a nervous look on his face, causing me to knitt my eyebrows together.

Matt Posey wants to talk to me?

He runs his hand in his blonde quiff, biting his lip, when his hand reaches for mine. He slowly grabs my hand and walks closer to me as I watch him in confusion and mostly surprise because of his actions.

"I don't know how to say this, but Maire, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. You're the girl who makes my heart flutter and make me feel some kind of things. The moment I saw you, I was madly in love with you but I never had the courage to tell you this, until now." He says, holding my hand as I gawk at him. "I love you, Maire."

I blink for few times, not believing any word he said. I expect him to laugh any moment, but he quietly stares at me, waiting for a reply. He squeezes my hand to bring me back to reality, as one of his hand reaches my face to caress my cheek.

I breathe heavily, before parting my lips to speak up. "Are you..are you serious?" I ask him when he sighs, looking down, but again back in my eyes.

"Don't you believe me?" He asks and I stare at him with no response. I can't believe he actually said that to me. How can Matt Posey, school's athlete, love me? If he loved me, then why did he bully me all these years with Tyler?

"Don't believe me, babe. Because I was just pranking you. It was a dare." He says, backing away from me, as Tyler and his other friends join him and they all begin to laugh hysterically. Everyone around me begins to laugh at me, when my eyes travel behind Tyler's body to see Amber and her friends laughing as well, but Zayn is no where to be seen with them anymore. I feel my eyes getting wattery.

"Do you seriously think I would love an orphan like you?" Matt asks between his laugh, as he clutches on to his stomach while lying on the ground in hysterics with Tyler and the others.

Tears begin to stream down my face as soon as I hear those words come out of his mouth. I know I'm an orphan, but that doesn't mean they have to rub it in my face all the time. What did I ever do to these people? Why are they always cruel to me?

Soon Chloe walks over to me, placing her hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Aww, Cinderella got hurt?" She asks in a mocking tone before she pushes my shoulder and I fall into the swimming pool.

I move my hands and legs in the deep water, trying to get out from the pool but due to I, having no clue how to swim, I fail. I rise up my head from the water to take a deep breathe, failing, to only drown inside.

Amber and Tyler know I don't know swimming, but they are still not helping me. I close my eyes, feeling my head pound, in a matter of time it will expload. I inhale when the water rushes inside my body, and I feel my eyes being rolled at the back of my head when suddenly I feel being pulled out of the pool. But in the matter of time, my eyes close and I lose track of everything happening around me.

▪▪▪▪

"Maire, are you okay?" I hear a faint familiar voice, as I try to focus on the voice and bring out what's happening around me. I open my eyes, clutching on to my head and gulp a huge lump in my throat, feeling my throat burn with a weird sensation. My eyes land on the person sitting next to my bed, with a worried look on his face.

"Thank God, you're up." He let's out a huge sigh, taking his head in his hands.

"What are you doing here, Zayn?" I ask him, and he lifts up his head from his hands to look at me. His hazel eyes lock with mine, his face showing full concern as he slowly shakes his heads.

"You were drowning and I..I, uh got you out." He informs me and I gulp, feeling my throat dry.

"Why?" I ask him softly. I feel my eyes getting wattery at the thoughts of what happened tonight.

"Huh?" He looks at me in confusion.

"Why did you save me?" I ask him, blinking away the tears in my eyes and not letting them fall.

"Because-"

"Maire, how are you?" Amber rushes into my room cutting off Zayn's sentence in the middle, with a look of concern on her face.

I'm getting confused now. First Zayn saves me, and now Amber is showing concern for me. If you ask me, it's something weird for me because no one cares about me.

"I'm uh, fine." I say, looking at her in confusion. She lets out a sigh before bending in front of my bed, and taking my hand in hers.

"You know you scared us? I was so worried for you, honey." She says, sweetly, making me change glances between her and Zayn.

Something is wrong with her. Either it's her clone or she's high.

"Uh..." I trail off, not sure of what to say, when one of her hand reaches my head to stroke my hair.

I'm telling you this lady is drunk or high.

"I'll get going now, um, take care." Zayn says to me before getting up from beside me and Amber straightens herself up, facing Zayn with a smile on her face.

"I'll take care of her, after all she's my sister." Amber says, tilting her head to smile at me.

I'm telling you-okay, never mind.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school, Zayn," Amber steps forward to wrap her arms around Zayn's neck, as she pecks his cheek and I look at both of them, raising my eye brow.

"Yeah," Zayn says, before glancing at me and then leaving my room. Amber waves at him, and turns around to face me when she hears the door of my room being shut.

"You created such a drama in our birthday, you bitch!" Amber snaps at me, pulling back her stern look towards me. She's back to being herself.

"I'm sorry for that..." I trail off. She clenches her jaw and rolls her eyes at me, before stepping closer to my bed and bending down to face me.

"Listen, whore, stay away from Zayn. Because if you think that Zayn will fall for you, then you're wrong because only him and I are going to be a thing. So better not try to think that you have a chance with him, and if I see you near him, I will make it hard for you to breathe. Do you get that?" She sternly whispers in my face and I gulp, nodding my head.

I never even thought of Zayn in that way. He's a guy with loads of tattoos and bad boy attitude. But tonight, he seemed different towards me. He didn't create a fuss when I bumped into him and spoiled his shirt, also he saved me from drowning.

"Oh, and please don't think that I like you. That was only an act in front of Zayn as I want to attract him." She says, letting out a chuckle before standing straight and walking out of my room.

I sigh before getting up from my bed and walking into the shower. After taking a quick shower I change into my comfortable clothes, and dry my long light brown hair, before getting in my bed and slipping under my blanket.

Did I even thank him for saving me tonight?

~*~

A.n:

Hope you liked it. (Unedited)

Can I get your votes and comments please?

Thank you nefelibata-xx for the image above. (:

Ship name?

Stay blessed and safe. Keep smiling cause it looks best on you. :)

Love y'all and Zayn a lot.

Thanks xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365 1 37
I'm Lauren Claysworth. Artist. My life is perfect. Are you shitting me? What a terrible lie that was. My life was ordinary for any other teenager in...
6.7K 324 10
What we fail to understand is that mistakes were done on both parts. It's easy to assume one is the victim and the other the villain. But, what if bo...
3M 105K 36
Louis Tomlinson was, as you can say, a "bad boy." Harry Styles though was completely opposite. He was a sweet, fragile boy, and not only that---he's...
54K 2.1K 40
Amid the chaos of a global pandemic and its ever-mounting death toll, where isolation and uncertainty have become the new norm, three men must come t...