Gamers

Por DeadDontLie

In the supernatural world, the creatures are countless and they manifest among the living undetected. The mos... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 35

45 7 12
Por DeadDontLie

General POV.

Mia has been crying like a baby since he left. Mourning in Harry's hug as if David died. As if she'd killed him.

She called him a hundred times, texted him a thousands. She even made Harry call him and Harry politely obliged and talked from a different number than hers. Mia didn't hear what Harry said but she heard that he was directed to voicemail.

At the current moment, they were sitting on the couch, Mia crying and Harry soothing for the third day.

She was surprised he hasn't got bored with her endless whining. It must take eternal patience to wait for someone to stop being so absorbed in unfortunate regret and self-loathing and just listen to reason.

But then again, it must take inhuman patience to wait for the moment. To make the perfect revenge plan. For Josh. For Nicholas.

"Let's go somewhere. I have the perfect place." Harry said his eyes gleaming like green leaves under sunshine.

"I'm not in the mood for driving." Mia rejected, sniffing.

Harry hadn't responded but she could feel his gaze on her and when she looked up and they're eyes locked, it was too late.

"We don't have to drive." He smirked, his eyes bearing a humorous shade.

His smirk was the last thing she saw and her own scream was the voice ringing in her ears when he grabbed her arm and snapped his fingers. It was like she was sucked in a blurry hurricane for a split second until she felt her feet pressed firmly on a hard ground.

Without taking notice of her surrounding environment, she bent down, and took liberty in emptying the remnants of food in her stomach on the floor.

She could hear Harry's thunderous laugh from behind her as he lifted her hair up from the vomit.

"You bastard!" Mia smacked his arm after wiping her mouth with the handkerchief he offered her.

"Mind your language, mistress. We're in a public place." Harry said in a formal mocking tone.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes, finally noticing the crafted ceiling.

"Where are we?" Mia asked.

"Oh, we are in the "vida" ship." He simply stated as if she'd know what that was.

"Vida? That's not English, is it?" She stated more than asked.

"Spanish. Welcome siñorita, you're in Barcelona." Harry said and snatched a rose from the vase and wrapped his thin pink lips around it, winking.

"Classic." Mia said, laughing while taking the rose from his mouth.

She looked around her dreamily, ignoring the vomit she left on the floor, ignoring the people staring at her in disgust. She reached the nearest window and looked out. Exploring the colouful city, holding the rose to her chest.

"It's good right?" Harry came from behind.

"Good? It's Perfect." Mia responded and involuntary imagined Harry's arms around her.

"Do you see that park?" Harry said pointing to a place with lots of green and color but no people.

"Yeah. It's awesome." Mia said fascinated, gently touching the glass where the park is.

"Do you think they sell ice cream there?" Harry asked randomly.

"Of course they do." Mia came to the park's defense.

"Only one way to figure out." She could practically hear the smile in his wicked suggestion as he wrapped his arms around her waist, fulfilling her daydream and teleporting them inside the park.

"You did that again!" Mia scolded yet with a smile. Her face was flushed under the effect of his arms around her.

"If we don't find an ice cream cart, I win and you come with me somewhere else. If we do, you pull my strings." Harry said as they walked aimlessly.

"You're on." She said, David slowly slipping from her memory. She was all giggly and challenging now.

"So, besides Coldplay, what's your favorite band?" Harry started conversation.

"What makes you think Coldplay is my favorite band?" Mia raised her eyebrow.

"Everybody likes them right?" Harry scrunched his eyebrows.

"You need to modify your resources. And Panic! At the disco and probably DNCE." She said and Harry nodded in over-acknowledgement.

"You don't know-" She started with a smile and Harry continued with her,

"I don't know them no." He shook his head.

"Modify your resources." She repeated, laughing.

"Noted. Favourite colour?" He continued his investigation.

"Green." She replied all too quickly, her eyes darting up to his.

"Mhm, it's not so bad." He hummed in satisfaction.

"I hope I pleased your majesty with my choices." She humored him.

"Yeah, you'll pass." He said.

"What's yours?" She returned the question.

"Um... I don't think I have a favourite colour. But purple I definitely hate." Harry said.

"Are you kidding? Purple is awesome." She argued.

"You asked a question and I answered. Want to start an argument? I'll teleport back and leave you here." Harry threatened.

"Sorry, oh my God." She backed away jokingly.

"I really love the weather here." She remarked as the breeze brushed against them.

"Better than troublesome Bradford, correct?" Harry asked, suggestively.

"Definitely."

"It's a shame this park is so lonely. No ice cream carts either. I'm starting to vibe a loss here." Harry hinted and she instantly told him to be more patient and less predictive.

After a long exhaustive stroll in the park, they have figured there's no carts, only wrapped ice cream bars in a mini-market.

"That counts, right?" Mia asked referring to the mini-market ice creams.

"No, I was pretty clear. Carts." Harry said victoriously smiling.

"You were talking the whole time! I could barely pay attention to the surroundings." Mia argued.

"Take my hand now, Mia. There's no escaping it." He said stretching his hand.

"It better be good." She said, tightly shutting her eyes. Waiting for the apparition to be over.

The smell, the weather, the sounds and air changed.

As soon as she opened her eyes, she grinned unbelievably. Her eyes widened in excitement and she lifted her hands up to her mouth.

"I've seen this before on TV." She batted her eyelashes at the scenery.

"Welcome, my dear-"

"Don't say it."

"To the city of light-"

"Don't say it!"

"Paris."

"Oh my God!" She squeaked attacking him in a hug.

The sun was setting, the streets were alive, lovers and friends and family all having a good time. They weren't in front of the Eiffel tower but she could see its peak from where she stood. Speaking of which, they were in a street full of shops. Vast on both of her poles, stretching and seemingly endless.

"Shopping in Paris?! I cannot believe you, Styles." She exclaimed happily and started walking in the direction of the shops.

She shopped like a girl. No wait, like an American girl who has never been to Paris.

Harry had enough money to get her a few things and she took advantage of all of it.

"Huh, what do you think?" She asked gesturing towards her body that was covered by a long floral dress with no sleeves. It was a bit too tight from the chest and hips though.

"Good." Harry nodded approvingly.

"Okay. Purchase." She swiftly demanded.

"I told you like five shops ago. We ran out of money." Harry reminded with a bored eye-roll.

"Right. I can't understand why the people here won't lend us." She whined her voice getting harder to grasp as she headed inside the cabinets to change.

Harry glanced outside, sighing. He noticed the street wasn't as crowded as it was. The sun was casting a beautiful shade of blue, yellow, orange and violet on the horizon as it descended towards the west. It was a beautiful sunset.

"Mia!" He called out, standing up.

"Patience!" She shouted back, her voice ruffled. Apparently, she was struggling with the dress.

Harry huffed and collapsed on the small chair. The saleswoman, long blonde hair tied in a ponytail and green eyes, came for a conversation.

"Tu est un voyageur?" She asked and Harry slowly nodded in response, avoiding the need to speak French.

"Américain?" She investigated and Harry shook his head.

"Britannique." He pointed at himself, then to the cabinets, "elle est Américain." Harry struggled, his French phonetics terrible. The woman nodded with a smile anyway.

"Amoureux?" She asked as Mia finally came out of the narrow hallway, a wide apologetic smile on her face. The dress was ripped in her hands.

"No, definitely not." Harry replied to the now giggling lady.

"Nous sommes désolés." Harry apologized and Mia raised her eyebrows at him.

"What an accent?!" She mocked and he rolled his eyes.

He picked out a couple of dollars and strangely the woman accepted them with a smile, saying something French that Harry assumed was nevermind.

Mia smiled at him mischievously "Walk." He ordered, taking the ripped dress and shoving it in one of her plenty shopping bags.

"You cheated her!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"We teleport. Shame she won't see us again." Harry shrugged.

"Let's catch the sunset in front of the Eiffel tower." Mia suggested.

"Yeah get there and I'll be right back." Harry demanded and snapped his fingers. Leaving her find her way to the yard in front of the tower.

He had apparently, teleported the shopping bags back home and came in front of Eiffel tower.

Mia wasn't there, but there was a group of young teenagers having a colour fight. No one else was close enough to Harry to have a clear view of his face.

He sighed and stood there. Just waiting for Mia to show up. One, two, three minutes passed then a boy from the colour fight group shouted something at Harry and in one dramatic move, his handful of yellow powder struck Harry in his right side of the face and of course staining his curls and coat.

"Hey! Don't colour me...guy." Harry said, his temper rising.

The rest of the group started to close in on him. They're all shouting the same word and stretching their colour fists.

"No, nonononono, thank you. Pardon. I can't." Harry declined making sure to show his refusal through body language.

"They're asking you to join, you horrible French speaker." Came her mocking voice from behind and as he turned around she gathered all her might and smacked him in the face with the one and only, purple powder.

"You did not!" He said in a playfully threatening tone.

"Pardon? Monsieur, je ne parle pas Englais." She faked confusion, batting her eyelashes.

"GIVE ME THAT GUN." Harry snatched the colour-shooting gun from a boy's hand and he fired at Mia without hesitation.

She frantically screamed before it even hit her and the group took that as a cue to wage war. Harry could not see who he aimed at or if the gun was even shooting any colours but he was thankful he had it. Mia on the other hand, was laughing and screaming and protecting her face from the colour ambush.

They spent a few more crazy minutes before Harry calmed the frenzied teenagers.

"ENOUGH!" He shouted so that his voice can rise over the squeaky girls.

They all gave him a weird stare and Harry corrected himself. "Assez." He clarified and grabbed Mia from the elbow.

"Big mess, lots of fun thank you very much, hope I never see you again. Bye." He said quickly, pulling her away with him and leaving the gun.

"Au revoir!" Mia waved at them and he pulled her in the dark and teleported.

"Why? We were having.......fun." She trailed off when she took in her surroundings.

They were in a lively alley that Mia would recognize, abandoned or jammed. They were in New York where she's hit the little boy Nicholas.

"Harry, what are we doing-"

"A reminder. It's not all bad here Mia. If that hadn't happened, you could still be an addict. You could've overdosed, you could've been arrested, you could've never met me." Harry gently stepped closer and Mia remained silent.

"Don't hate this place, Mia." Harry said cupping her cheeks with his soft captivating hands.

She nodded and the world spun in a crazy moment and they were back in David's apartment.

"We need to shower." Mia broke the silence after taking long stares at his colourful face.

"We do?" Harry raised his eyebrows humorously.

"Separately of course." She remarked, her cheeks turning rosy. Harry burst out laughing and she smacked his arm, leaving him in the living room and walking into the bedroom.

She found the shopping bags when she walked in, elation filling her spirit at their sight. She was headed to thank Harry but she found him talking on the phone. Strange.

"I swear if you're spotted................... Yeah. I will....... Sure, bye." She eavesdropped out of her exploding curiosity.

She was frustrated at how he mentioned no name and at how brief that conversation was, but whoever that was, they needed the phone to contact him.

Whoever that was, they are human.

_____________₩₩____________

*cough* is it clear enough? *cough*

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

336K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
28.8K 753 32
What happens when two broken people fall in love? Harry Styles is more than a pretty face. He's a broken boy with a dangerous reputation and scary w...
1.8K 424 37
An unforeseeable death brings forth a dream to suddenly come true. What begins as the sublime moment of triumph and fulfilled fantasy drastically cha...
867K 36.4K 53
Raine never liked overconfident people, and Harry never liked judgemental ones. But when everything around them isn't what it seems to be, all they n...