Glory of the Midnight Sun √

rameesharants tarafından

• Twice Wattpad Featured • #1 in Spiritual • The moon hid behind the clouds, the wind refused to blow and the... Daha Fazla

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Last Chapter
Epilogue
postface
New Novel
Bonus

Fourteen

26.8K 1.3K 641
rameesharants tarafından

Words are such simple things really.
Slender, sometimes obtuse, charming,
And sometimes brave like oaths and praises
Or vain like love.

Fariya

The gentle rays broke through the window and slightly illuminated the whole room. The sleeping lady turned in her bed, lines decorating her face as she pulled the covers up to her head.

Fariya smiled slightly as she turned her head around to take in the sight of her sister sleeping peacefully on the bed. After a moment, with a smile still etched upon her face, she rotated her head and gazed out of the window, her eyes now fixed on the sun which was beginning to rise.

Sleep didn't bless her again after she had woken up to offer morning prayer so instead of tossing and turning in her bed, Fariya decided to witness yet another sun rise while sitting by the window.

With her legs beneath her body and arms wrapped around herself, she had leaned back while her head rested against the window pan. Smiling slightly, she saw as birds chirped merrily right outisde her window and closed her eyes peacefully.

However, the scene that flashed behind her closed lids made her inhale a deep breath. Fariya had lost count of how many time she had replayed that particular scene in her mind and now she doubted its reality.

But her heart knew too well.

The serene moment of witnessing the sunset with the man of her heart had filled her soul with joy and euphoria. The moments she had spent with him were captivating, mesmerising and she neither had the power nor did she have the ability to get out of the spell they had casted upon her.

Her whole being was on stake; shaking for it couldn't grasp the reality which was once a part of her dreams. Heaving a slight breath, she fluttered her eyes open and the dim light of the morning sky reflected behind her hazel eyes.

The sky was beautiful, more captivating than ever but was it more beautiful than the moment she spent with him? Even though the sky had always left her enchanted and enthralled, it was nothing compared to what her man did to her everytime he bore his eyes into hers.

Friends.

She chuckled slightly as her lips tilted upwards in a smile. Who would have imagined that a man as rude and proud as Omer Ahmed Lashari would want to be her friend? She just couldn't free her mind from that scene, no matter how many times she tried to.

That serene moment always found a way back into her mind, constantly knocking at her thoughts which she was trying so hard to keep in place. This was a start for them, a new and fresh start. A start which would pave way for them in the future; a path which would grant her wishes at the end of its destination.

The thought that there was still a tiny ray of hope for them was enough to make her stay above the water, enough to swell her heart with a kind of happiness she had never felt before.

With every day that passed, her love for her man grew by leaps and bounds and she had no way to control it.

With every time he smiled at her softly, her knees would buckle and she would collapse in the Court of Love.

With every time he touched her, a spark would ignite in her soul, setting her whole body on fire.

With everytime his black gaze collided with her hazel one, her heart would forget its boundary and would leap up towards her throat.

She was losing herself everyday. Everyday a part of her would bow in front of love and she would feel more helpless than ever. It was a good feeling-love. It was a feeling which had made her soar high in the sky.

But nevertheless, she hated it at the same time. She didn't like feeling weak in front of him, she didn't like losing herself everytime she would look at him. She hated herself for loving him like she had never loved anyone before. And there were times when she would curse that night on which she lost her heart for good, when she would cry herself to sleep at night at the mere thought of Omer not loving her.

Her situation, although, was difficult and overwhelming but Fariya Sikandar undoubtedly knew that never in her life had she been more happy than she was now. Now that she was friends with that man, she witnessed as all the broken pieces falling back into their place.

All the fragments of her heart which were once crushed by his cold eyes and dark words were beginning to reunite, her heart free from any burden after such a long time. No wonder that love can change a person within a blink of an eye.

◇◇◇◇

"Fariya, Dado is calling you." Urwa informed her as she entered the TV Lounge and sat beside her on the sofa.

"Why?" Fariya asked, eyes on the show she was watching.

"I don't know. I went to give Dado her medicines when she asked me to send you to her room." Urwa said shrugging her shoulders and Fariya exhaled a deep breath.

Without saying anything, she stood up from the sofa after handing over the TV remote to Urwa.

"Where's Mama?" Fariya asked out of the blue.

"She's with Ammi in the kitchen." Fariya nodded her head and crossed the threshold.

Choosing to talk to her mother first, she moved towards the kitchen and stopped once she had entered it.

"Mama, I'm going to the graveyard. Will you go?" Fariya asked as she leaned against the door.

"Who are you going with? Why didn't you ask me?" Questions were being thrown at her but she dismissed them after uttering a single word.

"Omer." She said in a normal tone and her mother fell silent.

"I asked Saad but he was busy so Omer is going to take me, Maida and Urwa. Will you both go with us?" Fariya questioned her mother and Tayi Ammi.

"No, you people go. I'm not feeling well today." Tayi Ammi sai, a tired expression engulfing her face.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Fariya asked as she straightened.

"My head is a little heavy. That's all." Tayi Ammi reassured her daughter-in-law. Fariya sighed a little.

"And Mama, you?" Fariya turned towards her mother.

"I'll stay home. You people go." Her mother replied sadly.

Fariya nodded her head and turned around, her legs taking her towards the room of her grandmother this time.

"Dado, you called?"

Fariya entered the room and saw her grandmother sitting on her bed, her eyes closed. On hearing Fariya, she fluttered her eyes open and smiled when their eyes met.

"Yeah, I called you. Come, sit with me." Fariya walked ahead and sat in front of her on the bed.

"Omer told me that he's taking all of you to Ali's grave." She said, her voice dancing with sadness.

"Yeah." She nonchalantly replied and lowered her head.

"It's okay, my child. Death is a reality of life. Everyone's death has been written down even before they were born." Dado cupped her face and said slightly.

"But Dado.. I miss him so much. Sometimes I feel like I couldn't breathe." Fariya said as a lone tear fell down her face, leaving behind a trail which masked agony.

"Fariya, you're my brave child. Have patience." Dado said and Fariya tried to smile a little for the sake of the woman who meant the world to her.

Her face shone with a smile while her soul was aching. This was the sole topic which could throw her into the pit of misery every time it came into discussion. There were days when she still couldn't believe that her father had left her for good, that she would never be able to see him again.

Even though her life had gotten better and she head learned to smile wholeheartedly, a part of her heart was dead-died the moment she fell in Omer's arms.

"Anyways, I called you here for something else." Dado's voice pulled her back from her thoughts.

"What is it?" Fariya asked.

"Are you happy?" That was the last question she expected and her eyes narrowed a little around the edges.

"About what, Dado?" She asked even though she knew perfectly well what she was talking about.

"Omer." Dado whispered and she tore their glance instinctively.

"Why would you ask that?" Fariya slighlty asked.

"Fari, I know that both of you were forced into this marriage. What Ali and Ahmed did was wrong but they were left with no choices at that moment. I hope you have forgiven your father."

Fariya gasped slightly as her lips parted a little.

"Of course, I have, Dado. I forgave him the moment..."

Fariya couldn't bring herself to complete the sentence. How can she tell Dado that she forgave her father the second she felt protected in Omer's embrace?

"The moment?" Dado asked.

"Dado, he's my father. And I know that whatever he has chosen for me will prove to be good for me at the end. I trust him." Fariya smoothly made her way out and smiled a little.

"And is Omer's behaviour fine with you?" Dado asked worryingly and Fariya's only nodded her head.

"Yes, Dado. We are good now." The hazel-eyed woman told her grandmother which resulted in a relief that flashed across the old lady's face.

"I'm so happy to hear that. I was so much worried for both of you." Dado took a deep breath and Fariya smiled through her eyes.

"I'll go now. I have to get ready." Fariya stood up from the bed after kissing her grandmother's knuckles slightly.

"Yeah, yeah. Go." Dado said as she looked up at her.

"Fariya!" Dado's voice halted her steps and she turned around to look at her, her hand on the door knob.

"Yes?" She questioned.

"The dance was perfect." Fariya almost choked as her eyes went wide. Of all the things her grandmother could say to her, this was the most shocking of all. However, she was quick to recover herself.

"Dado!" She breathed out and Dado laughed a little.

"Go, now. You're getting late." Dado smiled as she motioned towards the wall clock.

Fariya only shook her head, a smile lifting the corner of her lips, as she turned around to leave the room.

◇◇◇◇

"Maida, stop crying and pray for him." Urwa spoke softly to Maida as she gently placed an arm around her shoulders.

"Baba!" Maida whimpered as tears fell on her face in a continuous flow.

"It's okay. Shush." Urwa said while moving her hand up and down on Maida's arm.

Fariya, who was standing beside Maida on the other side, seemed completely oblivious of her sister crying. She was staring at the grave ahead, her eyes drowning in the ocean of despair. But unlike her sister, she was not crying.

She was just staring down at the grave while her own heart was turning into one. She knew perfectly well that when heart turns into graveyards, soul break irreparably. However, there was no stopping the pain and the ache-it was irrefutable.

She wanted to cry her heart out, to sit beside her father's grave and tell him about her life. But the mere thought of her father not replying to her shackled her feet, making her root on her spot.

Everything still seemed unbelievable. Even after four months, Fariya still felt it as a lie sometimes. She anticipated that her smiling father would come through the door and engulf her in an embrace, never to let go.

But all her hopes and wishes drowned themselves the moment she would open her eyes and find her in some other house, in some other life.

No matter how much she had come to love her new family and cousins, she would trade all of them just to see her father for one more time. No matter that Omer's love had grasped her from head to toe, she would galdly give up on her love just to talk to her father for one last time.

"Maida."

Fariya heard a sound which hurled a stop to her aching thoughts. Fariya turned her head around slightly to see Omer who was walking towards Maida, wearing a black Shalwar Qameez. Fariya continued looking at him, too lost to decipher his moves. His sight eased her heart and she felt slight peace gushing up inside of her.

Omer stopped right in front of Maida, worry and pain clearly written on his face.

"We have no control over death, child. It's a reality. You cannot overturn it. But you can do something for the people who have passed away. You can pray for them and ask for their forgiveness. This is what a person should do."

Omer's voice was not more than a whisper but it broke the dam Fariya created over her feelings. Tears began falling on her face as she stared at the man in front of her.

"And do you really think Chacho would be happy to see you crying? He'll be upset, Maida."

Omer continued in a soft tone and Fariya saw with tearful eyes as Maida stepped forward and hugged him, tears falling on her face in a never ending flow.

"Maida, stop. Please. Chacho will not be happy to see you like this." Omer gently spoke as he placed his arm around her shoulder.

Maida, however, was still crying and no words of Omer were having any affect on her. Omer stopped saying anything and patted Maida's head slightly, pressing his lips in a thin line.

He was still patting her head when he looked over Maida's head and caught sight of Fariya who was also crying silently. Omer's gaze softened even more as he looked at her tears. Gesturing her through his eyes not to cry, he tried to smile at her but Fariya hiccuped.

Helpless, Omer extended his hand over to her and Fariya looked at it with confusion, her face masking pain. Hesitantly, she raised her arm and placed her hand in his. If it was some other time, electricity would have passed through her body but this time, it was comfort.

Omer slightly pulled her towards him while with his other hand, he slightly pushed Maida side. Fariya, still crying, placed her one arm around his waist while her other hand caught his shirt in a tight grip. With both of the ladies shedding tears and placing their heads on his chest, Omer threw his arms around their shoulders while he rested his chin on Fariya's head.

◇◇◇◇

"Bhai, come on. You can't lose to her." Saad said emphatically as he patted Omer on the back.

"Well, it looks like he is losing." Fariya said proudly as she flipped her hair earning a glare from Omer.

"Let me think, okay?" He said, focusing on his words with narrowed eyes.

"Come on, Omer. Give up. You've already taken more than 2 minutes. Your team members have long given up."

Fariya said and began to pick the stand which carried his words but Omer slapped her hand away slightly.

"Wait." He said with narrowed eyes, his full concentration on the words available.

All of the Lashari cousins were sitting in the TV Lounge on a beautiful Sunday evening, playing scrabble while they chattered non stop. It was Boys vs Girls and the ladies of the house were clearly winning.

"Yes." Omer's excited voice rang and Fariya's smile vanished almost instantly.

She saw as Omer picked three letters from the stand and arranged them on the board. She huffed an annoyed breath as she saw the word 'Statue' winking at her.

Fariya looked at Omer who was sitting at the other side of the table smirking at her, his eyebrow raised as a glint of humour sparkled in his eyes.

"Come on, woman. It's your turn." Omer grinned widely and Fariya lowered her head in annoyance.

She was so sure that she was going to win but Omer had to have come up with some word. All three of the ladies-Fariya, Maida and Urwa, gazed intently at the words placed in their stand, their eyes filling with disappointment after each passing second.

Oh, how the tables have turned.

"30 seconds left." Saad said and Fariya's eyes illuminated.

Quickly picking the 'e' and 't' from the side, she joined them with the letters and the word 'left' smiled at them.

"Thank you, Saad." It was Fariya's turn to grin now.

Omer glared at Saad who was rubbing the back of his neck now.

"Come on, Bhai!" Urwa exclaimed but Omer didn't glance up at her, his eyes fixed on his letters.

"The letters have finished. It's your last turn." Fariya smirked as she said.

"Let us think." Saad said as he too looked at the given letters.

"1 minute left!" Maida said in a loud voice, her gaze clashing with wall clock after every second. Omer continued looking down, his eyes moving from the stand to the board and back.

"Time's up!" Maida excitedly stood up from the floor cushion along with Urwa.

"You people have lost!"

Maida cheered jovially and Fariya saw as Omer leaned back a little on his seat, his back touching the sofa.

"You people cheated." Hamza said as he too stood up.

"That's what the losers say after they've lost. Omer Bhai, where is our treat?" Urwa turned toward Omer was looking up at them.

"Omer is too depressed at the moment to give us treat. One of the most famous and smartest businessmen of the city has just lost to some ladies. Give him some time to get out of the shock!" Fariya said, her voice laced with humour.

Omer turned towards her and fixed his eyes on her.

"I let you win!" Omer said, smiling intently at her.

"That's what a person says when he loses."

Fariya grinned and extended her hand over the table towards Omer's face. Slightly patting on Omer's cheek, she smiled evilly at him and Omer only glared at her from the other side of the table, her hand still on his cheek. Patting for one last time and earning a huge laugh from the ladies, she retreated her arms and stood up from her seat too.

"Better luck next time." Fariya innocently said before turning around and leaving the room, her back burning with holes blessed by all three men. Maida and Urwa, smiling very hard, followed Fariya out of the room.

Syra

"Good morning, sweetheart."

Salaar's husky voice came from behind and her hands halted for a second before she resumed the acts of her fingers. Smiling at him through the mirror, Syra continued tying her hair in a braid.

Salaar, who had just woken up, took some slow steps towards her and stopped right behind her frame.

"Good morning." Syra whispered as she smiled softly.

"When did you wake up?" His voice was painfully low.

"An hour a..."

Syra stopped abruptly when she felt Salaar wrapping his arms around her waist from the back and placing his chin on her shoulder. Her arms which were hanging in the air, fell down beside her as she stared at their reflection in the mirror, her face heating up.

"You're still sleepy?" Syra asked softly and Salaar opened his one eye to look at her in the mirror before closing it again.

"We slept late, woman. I'm still wondering how you woke up so early." Salaar said and Syra's head fell down in shyness even though she clearly knew that Salaar's eyes were closed.

Memories of last night came crashing back and her face heated up. Gentle caresses, sweet whispers, tender love. She was on cloud nine at the moment.

"Are you blushing?" Salaar's eyes were still closed when he asked and Syra's face turned even more red.

"N.. no." She stammered which clearly gave her away.

"I can feel your face heating up." He mumbled as he chuckled slightly and Syra ducked her face shyly.

Finally, after a moment or two, Salaar raised his head, his arms still wrapped around her. He eyed Syra's hair for a second, a strange sparkle in his eyes, before unwrapping his arms around her waist and raising it towards her hair.

Gently opening the braid, he let the hair fall on her back and he smiled at the sight. Burying his face in her hair, he sniffed and smiled dreamily.

"I like the smell of your hair." He said, getting carried away.

Syra, who was now on the verge of shyness, slightly moved ahead and turned around to face him.

"You could've smelled them even when they were tied." She said before raising her hand above her hair and began to tie them again but Salaar caught her wrist in mid way.

"But I like your hair down." He innocently complimented and Syra felt loss of words. It was moment like these when she just wanted to throw herself at her husband and thank the Almighty repeatedly.

She tried to smile but she couldn't. Tears were welling up in her eyes but unlike the previous times, they were the tears of gratitude. When had she thought that she will receive love so much that she would forget about the love she once had?

Salaar's love for her knew no boundaries and Syra's gratitude towards him and the Lord knew none. She was living in some fantasy these days, being showered with love from everywhere. She had decided to get married to Salaar just because of her parents, for their happiness, but she never thought, not even in her wildest dreams, that this decision will fill her life with bundles of joy and happiness.

Salaar was proving to be a perfect husband to her, a husband who prioritised her before everything and Syra was forever grateful for that. She was not in love with him yet but she was getting used to him, his presence, his attention and most of all his love. And sometimes habits ruin us way more than love ever can.

"Why are you crying?" Salaar asked worryingly as he looked at the lone tear which had cascaded from her eyes, flabbergasted. Syra got out of the trance and quickly wiped the tear away.

"No..nothing." She said but Salaar caught her wrist once again.

"What happened?" His voice was so soft that Syra felt herself drowning.

"Nothing." She fought the happy tears.

"Syra, when have I ever given you the impression that you can't trust me? You can tell me if there's anything that is bothering you."

Salaar pulled her towards him as lighlty as possible. Syra raised her head and looked at him in the eye. Their eyes met. Moist against confused.

"I'm happy, Salaar. More happy than I've ever been in my entire life. It's just.. I'm getting so used to you and everything that I wonder what would happen if you ever left me?" Syra said after lowering her eyes and fixing them on his shirt.

"Syra. Syra." He breathed out before cupping her face.

"I'm not ever going to leave you. I'll stay by your side for the rest of our lives. We'll stay together till death do us apart." He gently spoke as he caressed her face softly.

"You will never leave me?" Syra asked and Salaar smiled.

"Never." He assured her with everything he had.

Syra, feeling content and peace rushing through her body, placed her head on his chest and smiled dreamily. Salaar took a deep breath and smiled before wrapping his arms around her shoulders and placing his chin on her head.

"Are you free tonight?" Syra asked, her eyes closed, her face smiling.

"I am for you." Salaar smiled and Syra felt her heart swelling with pure euphoria.

"I want to take you somewhere tonight." She said after pulling back slightly and gazing at him in the eye.

"Where?" He asked.

"That's a surprise. You'll see when you get there." Syra said and the man nodded his head.

"We'll go around seven, okay?" Syra continued.

"Sure, Ma'am." Syra laughed slightly before placing her head on his chest again and closing her eyes, feeling more serene than ever.

Omer

"I'll call you when I get those papers." Omer said over the line. Hearing something from the other side, he nodded his head.

"Okay. Bye." The tall man disconnected the call and placed the phone on the nightstand.

It was 6 in the evening and he had just returned back from his office Heaving a deep breath, he made it towards the washroom, tiredness getting the best of him. After having a quick shower and changing into some comfortable clothes, his mind felt a little bit at ease and he inhaled a deep breath.

Just as he was about to open the door and go downstairs, he heard a loud knock on the door. Slowly, he rotated the door knob only to reveal an agitated Fariya standing in front of him. A frown masked his forehead as he took in her worried face.

"What happened?" He asked, still standing in the door.

"I need to talk to you." Fariya's anxious reply came which forced him to move aside.

Taking a step back, he gestured Fariya to come inside the room. The lady, hesitantly, entered the room and closed it behind her.

"I'm all ears." Omer's reply made her look up towards him but she quickly lowered it when she saw Omer's intent gaze fixed on her.

Lacing her fingers with each other, she chewed the inside of her mouth while debating in her mind whether to tell him or not. Taking a deep breath, she started talking.

"Ummm... I need a favour." Fariya said and Omer almost rolled his eyes.

"I'm not taking you anywhere right now. I'm tired."

He said before turning around and walking towards the nightstand to pick his mobile phone.

"No, no. I don't have to buy shoes or anything. I need some other kind of favour." Fariya cleared quickly and Omer looked up from the phone towards her direction, his eyes narrowed around the corner.

"What is it?" He asked before lowering his head again.

"I.. I need you to meet someone." Omer glanced up at her for a moment before looking at the phone again.

"Who?" He asked but didn't hear a reply.

On the contrary, he felt the phone being snatched away from his hand forcefully.

"When I'm talking to you, I expect some attention." Not only Fariya's eyes, her whole face masked anger.

Omer chuckled slightly before shoving his hands in the pocket.

"Okay, Ma'am. I'm listening." Fariya dismissed his mocking behaviour and threw his phone on the bed.

"I need you to meet a person and knock some sense into him." Omer was caught completely off guard and he stared at her for a second before his lips tilted down in a frown.

"I'm not in the Mafia, lady." Omer said, bewilderment and confusion lacing his voice. Fariya huffed an annoyed breath before falling on the bed.

"There's a thing in this world called talking and that's all you have to do. No knocking." Fariya explained and Omer stared down at her, his eyes narrowing in confusion.

"Come clear, Fariya. I'm not getting your point." Omer said and Fariya looked up at him with pressed lips.

"There's a guy in our university who is bothering me for quite some time now. I have been ignoring him since the last few months but he keeps coming back. But today I decided that I should tell someone before the water washes over my head. The first person I thought was you so here I am. Omer, I need you to talk to him before things go terribly wrong."

By the time Fariya finished her sentence and looked up at him, Omer was fuming with anger with his hands clenched in a fist by his sides.

"What is his name?" Omer asked with clenched teeth.

"Zafar Khan." Fariya whispered and the cold gaze in Omer's eyes intensified.

"For how long has he been bothering you?" Omer asked, his voice piercing.

"Six months, to be precise." Fariya said and lowered her head but not before taking in the sight of Omer's furious face.

"And this is when you tell me? After six months?" Omer asked in a loud voice and Fariya shivered slightly.

"Omer, I didn't think it would turn into such a big deal. I thought I can take care of it myself but things got out of the hand some weeks ago." Fariya said, her head lowered.

"What happened some weeks ago?" The anger in Omer's voice didn't lessen even an inch.

"I.. I slapped him." Fariya noticed the deadly silence that fell on the room. She raised her head hesitantly and saw Omer's bewildered face.

"Why?" He breathed out and Fariya again lowered her head.

"He was doing what men probably do when they see a girl all alone." Fariya didn't wait for him to respond and continued.

"I thought he got his answer when I slapped him but he clearly didn't. After about a week with complete silence from his side, I got to know some days ago that he is spreading false rumours about me in the University. He also said to me some days ago that he'll make me regret ever slapping him and today I heard him spreading the rumour that I.. that I'm having an affair with him."

Fariya's voice died at the end but she didn't raise her head to look at Omer. She knew what his expressions would be without even looking at him.

"Why are you telling me this now?" Omer's tone contained hurt and anger.

"Omer, you have to understand. This is not the type of thing you tell your family about. Telling this to your husband is a whole different thing and the reason I'm telling this to you now is because things are getting out of my hand. People are talking behind my back, my reputation is on stake." Fariya sighed at the end and heard Omer glare at her.

After about a second, Omer took a deep breath and sat beside Fariya on the bed.

"I'll handle everything just don't stress about it. But you should have told me about it earlier." Omer slowly said and Fariya turned her head around to look at him. Omer's voice was low and deadly.

"Thank you. I will never forget this favour." She said, a small smile lifting the corner of her lips.

"I'm not doing you any favour. This is my responsibility." Omer said in a soft tone this time and Fariya nodded her head slightly.

"Fariya?" Omer broke the silence after a minute.

"Yes?" She turned her head around to look at him.

She heard Omer take a deep breath as he looked in her eyes. The black eyes bore into hazel ones, wanting to know the secrets that lay hidden beneath them.

"Why did you say that you can't tell these things to your husband?" His voice was serious, more serious than it ever had been. Fariya tore her gaze away and lowered her head.

"Omer...women are mostly blamed in issues like these." Fariya slighlty replied and Omer felt his heart swelling up with pain.

"Fariya, I trust you." Omer breathed out.

"I know that but I also know that the ego of a man is much more fragile than the heart of a woman." Fariya pressed her lips in a thin line as she said the words which pierced right through Omer's heart.

Sucking in a harsh breath, he extended his arm and grasped Fariya's hands in his. Fariya, though caught completely off guard, didn't pull them away but stared at them intently.

"Fariya, a man's ego is fragile but it is nothing compared to the respect of a woman. I don't know what kind of men you're talking about but I assure you, I'm not one of them. I will always support you no matter what happens and no situation can ever lessen the respect I have for you in my heart. You are not just my wife or my cousin, you are my respect, you are the respect of our family.I have complete faith in you."

Omer said in a deep, husky voice and Fariya's breath was caught as she listened to each word he pronounced.

"If anything bothers you, I want you to come to me and tell me about it without a second thought. Do you understand?" Omer asked as he bent towards her slightly.

He saw as Fariya slighlty nodded her head, her eyes still looking down at their hands. Omer, smiling slightly, left her hand and stood up. Fariya too followed suit and stopped in front of him for a moment.

"Thank you." She whispered and saw Omer nodding his head, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips. And without saying anything else, Fariya turned around and left the room.

◇◇◇◇

"Is Fariya inside?" Omer asked Maida who was standing in the door.

"No, she's on the terrace." Maida said casually as she looked up at her.

"Do you need something, Bhai?" She asked and saw Omer shaking his head.

"No, thank you. I just wanted to talk to her about something." Omer said and after smiling at her, turned around.

He was at the threshold of the terrace when he heard his name being called out from behind.

"Omer Bhai!" Urwa's call made his steps halt and he slightly turned around, his eyebrows raised in question.

"Abbu is calling you." Urwa informed and Omer nodded his head.

"I'll come in five minutes." He said and turned around to enter the terrace.

As soon as he entered it, he spotted Fariya who was sitting on the chair and was gazing up at the sky.

"Fariya!" He broke her peaceful moment and walked forward towards her.

Fariya, who was too much immersed in the beautiful sky, was caught completely off guard and she jumped a little in her seat. As soon as her eyes landed on him, she stood up from her seat, facing him with the drowning sun witnessing the couple standing face to face with each other.

"Yes?" Fariya asked.

"I talked to that guy. The issue is resolved. He won't ever come in your path again." Omer smiled at her and Fariya's heart stopped.

"What? When? How?" She was too shocked to say anything.

"It doesn't matter. The important thing is that the problem has been sorted out." Omer shrugged his shoulders, not wanting to tell her what he had done, and Fariya's shoulders sagged in relief.
"Thank you so much, Omer. Thank you so much." She said, deep emotions and gratitude in her voice.

"You don't have to say that." He waved her off and Fariya passed him a grateful smile.

"I owe you one." This time it was Omer who smiled.

"Remember what you said." He said with a raised eyebrow.

Fariya chuckled slightly before nodding her head. "I will."

Omer smiled gently at his smiling spouse.

"I'll go now. Abbu was calling me." Fariya quickly nodded her head and Omer turned around to leave the terrace.

◇◇◇◇

"Abbu, you called?" Omer softly asked as he sat in front of his father on the couch.

"Yeah, I did. I wanted to talk to you about something important."
His father said, closing the file and placing it on the table along with his reading glasses.

"Yes?" Omer obediently asked.

"Omer, I want you to settle down now." The words of his father were no less than a shock for him.

"Abbu, I am settled." Omer said, confused.

"I'm talking about Fariya and your Rukhsati, son." He stated the obvious and Omer's breath caught for a second.

"I haven't thought about it yet..." He tailed off and his father chuckled slightly.

"We are not in any rush, child. Fariya's studies will be completed in the next two months and the Rukhsati can happen after that." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"You have two months to think about that." Omer sagged his shoulders.

"But Abbu..." Omer didn't know what to say.

"Omer, do you like her?" His father's voice was low and Omer nodded his head effortlessly.

"Yeah, she's a nice person." He said, his eyes fixed on the floor.

"Then what is the problem? Things have gotten so well between the two of you. Your mother and Amna Bhabhi think that it is the best time for the Rukhsati to happen." His father said in a serious tone.

"It's just a bit sudden for me as I haven't thought about it before. Give me some time to think about it." Omer said slowly, his gaze still low.

"Okay, child. As you wish." His father said smilingly and Omer finally looked up to meet his eyes.

Smiling at him, he stood up.

"Thank you."

He whispered and after earning a heartwarming smile from his father, left the room.

◇◇◇◇

The whole room was dark, but slightly less dark than his thoughts at the moment. The moonlight was peering through the window, cascading on his face as they shadowed some part of the room. The window was opened while he stood in front of it, not caring about the wind that was blowing and freezing him to the core.

The black-eyed man's face masked emotions more deep than the oceans while his eyes contained pool of unfinished thoughts and damaging chaos. As he stared at the full, bright moon, his mind had become a rest house for the thoughts but unlike always, he didn't control them this time-letting the wild thoughts consume him till he was pure.

Marriage.

His father's words still rang in his ears, making his heart beat more rapidly. Omer had not thought, not for a moment or a second, about the topic his father had so easily discussed. Thinking about Rukhsati was a thing he had never done before, a thought which had never crossed the threshold of his mind.

But now it had, and Omer was left with no choice but to think about the actions he would commit and the consequences he would face. He had finally accepted the Nikah, happily accepted Fariya's presence in his chaotic world, wholeheartedly accepted her importance in his wrecked life.

But a thought still lingered in his mind, disturbing the peaceful waves that filled his heart with tranquillity.

His past.

His past was the sole reason their relationship had started cold and bitter, it was the only reason he was not crossing the small distance that was left between them now. His past had been the barrier in his life yesterday and it was still shackling his feet. His past had the power to turn his whole being into dust even yesterday and it was doing the same thing now. His past was colliding with his future and was setting everything on fire.

Fariya had, undoubtedly, dulled the affects of his past. She had masterfully pushed back his past and had made her place in his life. But even after all the dullness and fading images of his past, Omer had not succeeded in getting his mind rid of all the heartwrenching thoughts.

The haunting images, insomniac nights, aching memories, deep regrets-everything was still standing in its place and pushing Omer back into the pit of darkness.

Fariya's efforts, her unknowingly done acts, had even though lessened the clouds that hung over his mind and the unfaithfulness that was wrapped around his heart, but they had not completely made him forget his past.

And now, as their Rukhsati discussion was in the air, Omer was feeling agitated and anxious. Fariya was in his Nikah, she has to come to his room one day or another. Delaying the Rukhsati won't change his father's mind, postponing it won't cancel it. It has to happen some day.

But it was not the thought of Fariya's Rukhsati which worried him, it was the fact that Fariya didn't know about his past. His present had every right to know about his past. Just the mere thought of not telling anything to Fariya and starting his new life with nothing but secrets and lies as its base, filled his heart with regret he had never felt before.

Rukhsati was the easy part, it was the thought of telling Fariya about the dreadful past he went through which was constricting his heart. And he knew for sure that she won't take it easy but he didn't blame her for that either.

She didn't have a perfect life. Her life was filled with problems of all sorts and miseries of numerous types. Omer didn't want to increase her burdens but he had no other option. Telling Fariya about everything was the only way, it was the only possible thing to be done.

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes for the briefest of moments before opening them again and looking out the window. And it was then that he made a hard and painful decision of telling Fariya about everything without thinking of any consequence.

His whole life laid ahead of him in which he could earn her trust but right now, he wanted to tell Fariya about a thing only she deserved to know. Quickly running a hand over his face, he turned his head around to gaze at the wall clock. It was 1 in the morning and he knew Fariya would be asleep at the moment but he had no choice. He knew that if he didn't tell her everything tonight, he would never muster up the courage to tell her ever again.

It was now or never for Omer Ahmed Lashari.

Walking out of the room, he stepped in the large corridor and started moving towards the other side of it. He had reached outside her door in a few long strides and now his hand was placed on the door knob.

As he rotated the knob, Omer just prayed that the door wasn't lock and as if luck was by his side, it wasn't. Exhaling a deep breath, he pushed the door open and entered the large room.

The only source of light illuminating the room was that of the moonlight and with the help of that, he moved slowly and cautiously towards the other side of the bed on which Fariya was sleeping.

Reaching the other side and bending slightly, he narrowed his eyes and exhaled a deep breath in relief when he caught sight of Fariya's peaceful face emerging from under the blanket.

The blanket had covered her entire body except for her face and hands which were shining in the moonlight falling directly on them. Her face was glowing in the light cascaded by the moon, her hair sparkling.

Omer stared, his limbs becoming motionless as he gazed at the beauty that lay on the bed. A sleeping woman is a hell in disguise but Omer knew that the notion was wrong for the lady his eyes were seeing was a heaven, a heaven on earth. Her body radiated beauty, mesmerising the man who was already awestruck.

He was still staring at her when Fariya slighlty shifted in the bed and Omer woke up from the beautiful trance. Shaking his head, he cleared his mind from all the thoughts and bent his legs, his knees touching the hard floor as he came face to face with his spouse.

Taking a deep breath, he gathered all the courage he had in himself and shook Fariya's hand slighlty. Expectantly, she didn't move an inch.

"Fariya." Omer whispered as he bent towards her, his hand still shaking her arm.

Fariya, who didn't seem to be in a deep sleep, fluttered her eyes open. Her eyes were red and swollen and they masked confusion in them. She stared in Omer's black eyes, completely oblivious of her surrounding when suddenly, the drowsiness hanging over her mind cleared a bit and her eyes narrowed.

"Omer." She breathed and Omer whose face was an inch away from her, moved back.

Omer saw as colours and emotions changed in her eyes and witnessed as the last colour of utter bewilderment masked her face.

"Om.." She was loud but Omer was quick to place his hand over mouth, blocking out the noise that would wake Maida sleeping at the other side of the bed.

Shoving his hand away, Fariya stood up from the bed along with Omer who was now standing.

"What are you doing here?" She hissed as she cautiously eyed Maida who was in a deep slumber.

"I need to talk to you about something." Omer's voice was impatient but careless.

"At this time? Have you gone mad?" Fariya still couldn't grasp the reality of Omer coming into her room at this time of the night.

"It is important. Otherwise, I wouldn't have woken you up." Omer said, trying to make his point.

"Omer, it could've waited..." Omer cut Fariya in mid-sentence.

"No, it can not be waited. It's important." Omer seemed anxious and Fariya narrowed her eyes in confusion.

"What is it?" She seemd ready to hear him out.

"Come with me. Maida will wake up in here." Omer motioned towards Maida and Fariya too looked back at her.

After turning her head back towards him, she nodded and turned around to leave the room closely followed by Omer.

"Where do we have to go?" Fariya whispered once they were out in the corridor.

"Terrace." He said and after pressing his lips in a thin line, walked forward towards the terrace.

"You are worrying me." Fariya said once they stepped on the large terrace. Omer didn't reply but took a deep breath, walking forward to stand behind the railing.

"Omer?" Fariya's voice was still sleepy.

"Abbu wants the Rukhsati to happen." Omer said quickly and a cold silence fell between them. The silence deepened and Omer was forced to turn his head around to look at a flabbergasted Fariya.

"Abbu wants the Rukhsati to happen." He repeated, wanting to hear a reaction from the other side. Fariya, finally, controlled herself and gulped down the emotions.

"And?" She asked, her brows raised.

"What do you want?" Fariya asked, sleepiness gone from her voice.

"I want it to happen but..." Omer tailed off as he gathered the courage for what he was about to tell would have a drastic affect on the lady standing in front of him.

"There's a thing you need to know before the Rukhsati can happen, a thing you have a right to know." His voice was low.

"What is it?" Fariya asked, curiosity and confusion lacing her voice.

"You wanted to know why I was never happy with this Nikah. You even thought that I was upset for some reason other than being forced. Well, you were right." It was taking everything he had in himself to say these words to the lady he cared so much about.

"Omer..." Fariya's confusion was visible.

"I have a past, Fariya." Omer breathed out and Fariya's eyes widened almost reflexively.

"Wh..what?" She was at loss of words and Omer was at loss of courage.

"It all started six years ago when....."

☆☆☆☆

A new and long chapter! I hope it is good enough to make up for the delay.

TGOTMS reached 61 in Spiritual. Thank you each and everyone of you for your endless love and appreciation. I'm overwhelmed.

Omer has decided to tell Fariya everything. Was it a wise decision or not?

VOTE and COMMENT to let me know what you feel about the chapter!

Till next time,
Salam!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

258K 26.6K 36
➳ Wattpad Picks ~ ❝Angels don't lie, but you do. If I'm a devil, what are you?❞ When Burq loses his memory in an accident and doesn't remember his ow...
171K 5.4K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
780K 28.9K 21
"Bu...But we are married" I tried to defend myself "But I don't consider you my wife, get the hell out of my room" He yelled I couldn't help but ju...
513K 39.3K 48
Sometimes all the parched valley of heart needs is a drop of Petrichor. Noor Fatimah hasn't had it easy but still she faces every obstacle in her lif...