My Light Within The Darkness...

By iamrogue2014

The world has been taken over by vampires and rabids. If you don't live within a vampire city, then you're no... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Sequel is Out!!

Chapter 1

2.7K 57 16
By iamrogue2014

**Hello all! This is my first Yu-Gi-Oh fic so there may be mistakes. If there is, let me know but please be nice. This is also boyxboy so if you don't like it then turn away. Everyone else welcome to this thing that I call a fanfic. I hope you enjoy this as much as my other fics. I may switch the POVs a little between Yugi and Yami.**

Yugi's POV

It was a very dim evening under the setting sun. I snuck through the streets looking for food for me and the rest of the gang. Since I was smaller, I could reach the tiny places that sometimes held food. Me and my friends were unregistered because we refused to be food for the vampires. That also means that we are technically not supposed to be in the city. If the guards spot us, then we are dead unless they find a use for you.

I dug through a few more trash cans before sighing in defeat. I guess that we are gonna have to go outside the wall. There is a way to go outside the wall through an underground tunnel, but still it is extremely dangerous with the threat of rabids. They can only come out during the night, but if you're caught you're dead. I return to the old abandoned house that we live in. "Hey Yugi. Tell me you found something cause I am starving and we can't break into the storage yet," asks Joey.

"I'm sorry Joey, but I came up empty handed this time. They're keeping Sector 3 under tighter control," I say. He pouts and leans against his long time boyfriend Seto Kaiba. I look around and see Anzu, Tristan, Ryou, Bakura, Marik, Malik, and Ishizu. "I think the only thing we can really do at this point is go outside the wall," I say. "Yugi are you sure," asks Anzu. I nod. "I'll talk to Yami when he gets back from Sector 5," I say. Right as I say that, Yami comes in. "I managed to get us a little bit. Enough for us to survive on for a little while," he says and brings out some bread, old meat, and some canned beans. I get my can opener and we open the beans.

We divide the food into small portions for us each and start eating. "At least we have a little," says Ishizu. Everyone nods and soon we are all finished. We put what little we have left in with the extra food we have in storage. I look outside and see that the sun still hasn't set yet. "I'm gonna go for a quick walk before the sun sets," I say. "Ok just be sure to get back before the leeches come out," says Tristan. "I'll go with you Yugi," says Yami. I nod and we walk outside. I take a deep, relaxing breathe. I haven't done that in a while. "Is something on your mind Aibou," he ask. "No Mou Hitori No Boku. Just thinking about how much harder it's gotten to find food," I say.

"I've noticed that too. They have been having special food disposal systems so that it can't get to us as easy, but we will find a way Yugi. We always do," says Yami. I smile at him. He always knows what to say. My heart flutters and starts beating fast. Gah! Why do these feelings have to show up now. I have had the biggest crush on him since I discovered him inside the puzzle. It was everything. The way he walked and the way he talked attracted me to him. It's been so hard lately to hold in my secret. I mean I'm openly bisexual but to the group. If he ever found out about my crush, he might hate me. "Yugi are you in there," asks Yami. I must have been spacing off. "Yeah I was just spacing off," I say. He shakes his head at me. "What are we going to do with you Yugi," he asks. "Love me, protect me, or throw me in the dumpster," I say. We laugh as we head back to the house.

"Well looks like they made it back," says Joey. "What did you think they wouldn't puppy," says Seto. "What did I say about calling me puppy," screeches Joey. We shake our heads before heading to the room that we both shared. "Those two fight so much that you'd think they'd never get together, but look at them now," says Yami. "Yeah I know," I say as I crawl into bed. "Yami, I'm going to go outside the wall tomorrow to look for food," I say. "You know how I feel about you going outside the wall," he says worriedly and he sits on my bed. "I know, but I can't find anything in my sector so I'll go out bright and early so I don't risk it," I say and he sighs.

He nods before getting up and laying down for bed in his own bed. I lay down and fall asleep. My dreams are plagued with nightmares. The same ones over and over. Grandpa getting killed, Duke falling prey to a vampire, and Mokuba getting kidnapped. I wake up after a crappy nights sleep and see that the sun is already high in the sky. I put on my gear before heading out the door. I walk the streets silently and sticking to the shadows in case there were others out. I quickly find the manhole leading to the tunnel outside. I look around to see if anyone is watching before getting into the manhole and dropping into the tunnel. I take out the candle I packed and the matches and light the candle due the darkness of the tunnel. I look around the tunnel and start walking towards the opening. I can hear the pipes dripping water in the tunnel. It wasn't long till I reached where the tunnel comes out outside the wall. 

I look out into the dead zone prepared to cross it. The dead zone spans for a half a mile outside the wall and is riddles with craters from bombs. This is where you have to very vigilant about where you step or you'll be blown to bits. The bombs are planted just after sunrise by the vampires to keep the Rabids away. They don't bother hiding them because the Rabids will never learn. They're too driven by their thirst and it drives them towards the wall where the humans are. I step lightly around the piles of dirt for a half mile before I know it's safe and I keep walking.

I wander to a nearby village that I already went through before, but during times like this you can't be too thorough. I start going through the houses one by one and so far have come up empty. I sit on the bed at the sixth house. There has to be something in one of these houses. I know it. I look over and notice a trap door by the dresser. It was covered partially by a rug. I lifted the door and looked down into what looked like a cellar. I jump in and there was a tiny window letting in light. I looked around and gasped. There was food lining the walls of this cellar. There was enough for us to eat good for a while.

I put as much as I could carry in my pack and climbed out of the cellar. I set the rug over the door like it was before so nobody could get to it in case anyone else discovers it. I rushed back to the house eager to tell them of my find. I got back huffing and puffing. "Yugi are you ok," asks Ryou. I just drop the pack and open it. They all gasp. "No way," screams Joey. "There's a whole cellar full in a house outside the wall. I brought back as much as I could carry but this is only a small portion of what is out there," I say in between gasps for air. "Good job Yugi," says Tristan. Bakura and Marik give me a hug. "Thank you! We won't pull anymore pranks on you ever," says Marik.

Umm, ok. "Does this mean we can finally actually eat," says Anzu. "Yes and no. We shouldn't eat too much, but we can eat more than we usually do," says Yami. He puts a hand on my shoulder and smiles. My heart does the flutter thing again. We divvy up some food to everyone and sit down to a meal. "Tomorrow we will all go out so that we can bring back more food," says Yami. "I definitely agree," says Malik. "Hell yes," says Bakura. "Though I don't think that everyone should go," says Anzu. "Ok how bout you and Yugi stay back," says Marik. "Heck no. I found it I'm going," I say. "Come on Yugi just say hell," says Marik.

"Ok Ryou, you and Anzu will stay back," says Yami. "I'm alright with that," says Ryou. "But Ry I don't like being without you for too long," says Bakura. "You'll be fine for Ra's sake," says Marik. "Well now that it's settled we should all go to bed soon," says Tristin. "Yep everyone to bed. We'll be leaving once the sun is high enough so that we can get back before sunset tomorrow," I say. We all put away the rest of the food before heading to our rooms. "It's a good thing you found that Yugi. Some of them were losing hope," says Yami. "Yeah to be honest I was getting ready to head back empty handed when I found that," I say.

"Yugi I-I need to talk to you about something," he says and sits down next me. He's stuttering. He never stutters. "What is it Yami? Is something wrong," I ask. "Umm no. I-I," he stutters before he smashes his lips on mine. I freeze in shock for a few seconds before melting into the kiss. He places his hands on my waist and lays me down on the bed while I wrap my hands around his neck. I pull away gasping for air and he buries his face in my neck. I run my fingers through his tri-colored hair. Once my breathing has calmed down, I grab his face and look into his crimson eyes. "Yami, d-do you l-like me," I ask. "Yes Yugi I do. Though for me like is an understatement. I love you my Aibou. I have waited 5000 years for something like this and I'm happy that it's you," he says and kisses forehead.

"I love you too Mou Hitori No Boku," I say with tears in my eyes. I can't believe it. This is a dream come true. Yami actually likes me the same way I like him. He kisses my neck and I whimper a little. He chuckles before removing my choker and running kisses up and down my neck. I bite lip fighting the noises that want to escape my mouth. He laughs into my neck. "Oh my Hikari. Don't be afraid to let those noises loose. I want to hear you Aibou," he says. "I don't want the others to hear me," I say. "Hmm true," he says before reaching over and grabbing the blanket and wrapping us in it. "Sleep, we have a big day tomorrow," he says. I nod and snuggle into him before falling asleep.

**That was one long chapter. Also I hit 150 followers! Thank you all for following me. You are all absolutely amazing. Ok I am going to put my disclaimer in here once. I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or the characters. I don't own the book Immortal Rules which is where I got the idea for the world from. Alright for now this book is not going to be labeled as mature content. Though I might change that later. I'll let you know before the start of the chapter if I do. Thanks for reading!**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 340 12
A hikari cannot live without a yami. A hikari without a yami has a year to live and will slowly vanish, the said hikari will become particles of lig...
27.5K 1K 24
Yami is a new student at Domino High School, and gets into a fight when he tries to help a boy named Yugi. He soon becomes friends with the 'gang'. B...
28.1K 629 15
Yugi is in an abusive relationship with his boyfriend. Yami and Atemu don't know what's happening to Yugi and are in love with Yugi. What will happen...
35.6K 763 21
While escaping from her village Y/N is faced head to head with Two vampires who have taken an interest in her (blood). Will she accept the vampire's...