Deception

haleysayshello tarafından

DECEPTION de·cep·tion noun noun: deception; plural noun: deceptions 1. the action of deceiving someone. When... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1: Blind
Chapter 2: Fly Away
Chapter 3: Anchor
Chapter 4: Clocks
Chapter 5: The Watcher
Chapter 6: Deal?
Chapter 7: Waiting For Your Service
Chapter 8: Tom and Jerry
Chapter 9: Hate the Game
Chapter 10: Not Alone
Chapter 11: Demons
Chapter 12: Instinct
Chapter 13: Bipolar
Chapter 14: Golden Locket
Chapter 15: Never Fading
Chapter 16: Violated
Chapter 17: Trust Me
Chapter 18: Swept By the Tempest of Your Love
Chapter 19: Bandaged
Chapter 20: The Unknown
Chapter 21: Ice Cold
Chapter 22: The Only Apple
Chapter 23: Bait
Chapter 24: Sailor
Chapter 25: The Key
Chapter 26: Trust Is Delicate
Chapter 27: Captain Britain
Chapter 28: Paradise
Chapter 29: The Impossible
Chapter 30: The Boogeyman
Chapter 31: Take Me Away
Chapter 32: Snowflakes
Chapter 33: Tiger vs. Chipmunk
Chapter 34: Forgiveness
Chapter 35: Inside an Insane's Mind
Chapter 37: Heartbeat
Chapter 38: Electric
Chapter 39: Endless
Chapter 40: Home
Chapter 41: Hidden
Chapter 42: Revelation
Ready?

Chapter 36: Anchor

53.7K 1.6K 175
haleysayshello tarafından

(JUST A SHORT UPDATE BUT I HAD TIME SO HERE:) AND SORRY FOR TYPOS, I WILL EDIT IT LATER)

Previously in Deception:

"He killed her." I finally gain the energy to say. Harry pauses, and then opens the car door, settling me in the seat. He then pops in the other door and looks at me.

"We're going to make him pay." He finally says, awestruck.

"No. Were not."

"What are we going to do?" he whispers, setting his car into drive.

"We're going to kill him." I whisper but sleep is dragging me in as I say it and it comes out as more of a mumble. Before I can satisfy myself with the sight of Harry's smile, I pass out knowing that Gary Long smith is a dead man to me now...but will be real dead man soon.

Even if it takes my own soul to do it.

Chapter 36:

It must have been hours ago that I actually woke. It's at least 8 in the night but I don't bother waking Harry to ask the time.

I lay in his bed, still tangled in his arms. His breathing continues to tickle my ear as his face is nudged into my cheek.

It's like having your own living, breathing teddy bear.

Except it would be quite difficult to find a teddy bear this beautiful. He really is. Maybe it is someone mistakes that makes them beautiful. Maybe its their scars or maybe it's the look in their eyes.

But I don't think you can fall in love with someone just because they are good looking. That's like getting a cake because it looks pretty. But regardless, you don't know the taste.

There is something about Harry. He's a stranger to me and I have come to know that maybe he always will be...but theres still that one aspect that I cant quite grasp the words to say.

He's mysterious, well, that's a given. It draws me in. He is so much weaker within then he claims to be and I don't know why I look at that as a challenge. Maybe I don't, I guess I see it as an opportunity. Its an opportunity to know someone like me, with demons encaged in their heart.

It takes a moment of staring at Harry for me to realize; I do know him. I know he blames himself for Julia's death. He thinks he could have saved her if they had brought her to a hospital sooner. And I know his biggest regret is hitting her.

The thought still stings, to imagine what kind of demon had possessed him to lay his hand on a girl he was in love with. I can't say I understand because sometimes anger controls some more than others.

But so does pain.

Harry hides his pain, oh so well. Someone could crack me like a vase and suddenly I am broken needing weeks to repair just from a slightest comment. But Harry?

He's a beautiful monster. He hides it behind his eyes and when he fears that someone can see inside him, he runs away.

Instead, you can see it when he's sleeping. In his nightmares. His breathing begins to halt and his face scrunches up in the most deplorable way. The thought of him in pain, trapped in a nightmare, pinches at my heart because I have regrets too; regrets that haunt me every waking minute of every day.

And I want him to know. I want him to know who Gary is to me just how I know it is time for him to understand that I once had a sister, who I ran away from while her oxygen was being sucked out of her tiny, helpless body.

Harry shifts and his arm squeezes onto my hip tighter.

"Charlie." He hums. I smile at his rusky voice and snuggle deeper into his arms. Suddenly his eyes flash open and he winces.

"What?" I ask, alarmed.

"Your foot...its on my thigh." He gushes, slightly pushing me off. I now remember this possessed woman who took over my body this morning.

Oh yes, I stabbed him with a handy dandy pocket knife.

Lovely.

"Harry..." I begin but he shakes his head at me.

"I know. You were in a state of angst and all you wanted was to save my mom. I shouldn't have tried to stop you." He mumbles, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. A sigh of relief involuntarily escapes from my mouth as a small smile displays on his lips. His eyes are so bewilderingly green. I can't help but look at them in detail.

"You are so lucky you were blessed with pretty eyes." I huff, brushing my fingertip over his eyelashes.

"They happen to be the color of a booger. Do you like boogers Ms. Parker?" he smirks.

I nudge him. "Well mine are the color of poop." I narrow my eyes.

"I just so happen to like to poop so I think this could work." He grins, nice and huge. I laugh and swat him in the arm but he grabs my wrist and pulls me in close to him.

"Thank you for coming. Even though I stabbed you." I finally whisper. I don't know why but the statement comes out as more comical than sincere and we both begin to laugh.

It fades to quickly though.

Every thought and memory that I had been avoiding for the past hours with sleep and observing Harry...has returned.

"My mom." I begin but I stop myself, an image of her willowed face in my mind.

"Come here." Harry says, pulling my stomach into his so I can rest my hed in the crook of his neck.

"I am so sorry I didn't come sooner. Its my fault. If I had just found the neighbors car sooner I could of made it." He says but I lift my head from his neck and shake my own head.

"You are everything Harry. None of this is your fault. I can't thank you enough for saving me." I whisper, but with the last words, I watch my own tears fall onto his bear chest. He pulls me in quickly, as if it is too difficult to watch me cry.

"I shall not moor a ship with one anchor, or my own life with one hope. But I will keep that one, strongest hope in my heart so it shall never leave me and can always be the one thing to keep me from drowning." Harry whispers. I turn to face him and points to the very back of neck. I see the small, thin lines of the quote inked on his skin, a tattoo always hidden by his hair.

"It goes with the anchor." I whisper and he nods.

"The anchor is my hope for love. I have never told anyone this before because I really only had it inked so my heart could be the only one to know the meaning...but I want you to know. The anchor is my hope for love and its there, permanent because I want to remember that when I am falling apart and wanting nothing but death for myself, that I still have the one hope, somewhere deep in my heart. One that I have not tried hard enough for because it still sunken at the bottom of the sea. And at that point, I will remember that I can't die, not until I find her. Not until I hold her in my arms and save her from the world around me. The anchor weighs me down, this constant hope for something, someone I never thought I could find. But the anchor, it also saves me at the same time. It keeps my ship, my heart, from never drowning. And for that, I can't die. For that, the always anchor saves me." Harry says slowly, his voice raspy but clear, his eyes burning into mine.

Instead of responding, I crash my lips to his. I don't know what to say, how to even comprehend his acumen so kiss him. I kiss him hard.

I want him to never give up on hope. Just as I don't ever want him to give up on me.

His lips are pressed against mine as he rolls on top of me.

"I don't want to be without you." He whispers slowly in between our kiss.

I shake my head as if the thought is absolutely impossible.

"Then don't." I say and he detaches his lips from mine, looking down at me.

"I wont. Just don't stab me, alright?" he jokes and a huge smile appears on his face. I wrap my hands around his neck and pull him down to me until he is sucking softly at my bottom lift.

Suddenly he pulls away, alarm on his face. "What?" I frown.

"I just...I don't want to ever lose control with you. I have never done this the right way with anyone." He stutters, his hand running through hishard. I sit up and fall into his lap looking up at the stubble of hair on his chin.

"I...I thank you for that. But I don't even know if I can... I have never felt the way I did when you touched me this morning. And the way you kissed me. I thought after what happened to me, I thought no one could ever touch me again. But I feel safe in your arms Harry. I don't know if that is good or bad, but I just do." I say in a low voice.

He wraps his arms around me even tighter and slowly plants his lips on my forehead.

"And I realize that there have been things I have been hiding from you. You don't know me or my story and you have been so patient for me to tell you." I whisper. He looks at me with soft eyes and nods.

Tell him Charlie.

"Gary is my father." I say, flat out, knowing it is the best way to say it.

Harry's eyes shift, confused, but he doesn't speak, so I continue.

"I didn't know til this week. My whole life, I thought I was targeted and that's why I was kidnapped."

"You were kidnapped." Harry states, blinking, bewildered.

"Not just me. I had a twin. We were abducted from our home ten years ago...from Gary. I escaped but my sister, Ellie...she didn't make it. And its my fault because I left her alone; I left her in that cabin when she needed me and..." And I break. Tears fall from my eyes down to my chest and I just cant seem catch my breath. Harry is squeezing me, but comfort feels cold.

"I am a killer. I left my own sister. My own father raped us...He...he wants me back and to start a family again but I cant look at him. He has taken everything from me!" I cry out, tears stinging the ends of my eyes.

"He blames my mom because she ran from him when she was pregnant but I know Harry, I know my mom. She loved us; she wanted to protect us! I swear of it Harry. My mom was a good woman! She shouldn't have died, I should of." I let out and they are the last words I say because Harry presses me into his chest. I sob and scream, because all of the pain I had held in for so long is coming out.

Its coming out because I have Harry and he cares.

He cares for me because I feel it and I see it in his eyes when he holds me.

"I'm here." He whispers, soothing me but I shake my head.

"You can't take away the pain, Harry." I cry. He then pulls my face up and looks at me.

"I know. I have pain too Charlie. But we can get through this. We can get rid of him, for good." He states.

I know he is right. Because it is what I have to do.

"Tomorrow night." I say and Harry's eyebrows furrow.

"Tomorrow?" he whispers.

"Yes. And I know exactly where."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

755K 47.7K 35
Formerly known as Hall of Fame / Peyton loves baseball. Losing his ace pitcher brother turned Santiago away from the game. Can she make him fall for...
31.1K 988 36
[COMPLETED] He took her for granted until he lost her. Now they say you don't realise what you have until you lose it, but he never thought he'd lose...
228 54 8
They say love isn't always enough, maybe those that tried didn't love hard enough or maybe they loved too much.... will James and Kie know how to lov...
1M 40.6K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...