The Anon

By lostinareverie

One blog, one girl, two very different people. 17 year old Charlotte Knight has always gone unnoticed with he... More

The Anon: Prologue
Chapter 2: My Romeo to My Juliet
Chapter 3: My one and only Pedophile Stalker
Chapter 4: High School Drama is Shit
Chapter 5: The Secrets Out
Chapter 6: Whole Other Universe
Chapter 7: Well, that escalated quickly
Chapter 8: Fast and Furious
Chapter 9: Social Status
Chapter 10: Badass Blogger
Chapter 11: Sorrys, Blogging and Secrets Revealed. Oh my!
Chapter 12: Blackmailing with a Hint of Lipstick
Chapter 13: Seventeen and Pregnant with a Sack of Weed
Chapter 14: All is Fair in Love & War
Chapter 15: Rule #2: Don't be Eager
Chapter 16: Breaking News
Chapter 17: The Perks of being a Famous Blogger
Chapter 18: My Wifi and I have a Strong Connection
Chapter 19: Officially Shipping Chaslette
Chapter 20: Cupid and her partner in Crime are in trouble
Chapter 21: Keep Calm and Tell the Future
Chapter 22: The Double Date Horror
Chapter 24: Counting Stars
Chapter 25: The Attack from the Hacker
Chapter 26: It Came in like a Wrecking Ball
Chapter 27: Doctor, Doctor!
Chapter 28: Dress Prep but Don't have Pep
Chapter 29: Revelations
Chapter 30: Mending Broken Parts
Chapter 31: Better Things to Come
Epilogue

Chapter 23: The Hunt for Chase Parker

56.6K 2.4K 1.2K
By lostinareverie

Chapter 23: The Hunt for Chase Parker

The rest of the date was just awkward. Mikey keep eyeing me suspiciously, but Emily was in her own world after she saw who replied to her. I could hardly choke down on my pasta which was super sad because it was really delicious. As we finished up and split up the bill, the four of us talked outside the restaurant a bit before leaving, But as the two male specimen in Emily’s and mine life went to get their cars, the two of us talked.

“So what do you think about Mikey?” she asked me as I wrapped my arms around my waist as the chilly october air swept past me. Well, I think he is quite creepy for giving me those suspicious stares.

“He’s a great guy, Em. You’re a lucky girl.” I said as I smiled at her.

“I’m lucky? This is coming from the girl who nailed the supermodel bad boy.” I blushed and looked at my scruffed up converse.

“Yeah, I guess I am.” I mumbled out.

“Though he hasn’t taken you out on an actual date or asked you to homecoming which is in like three weeks, by the way.” And that’s what caused me to whip my head up.

“What? Chase and I have been on a date together! We just went on one!” I said defending Chase.

“Char when I mean a date, I mean a one where you’re alone with him just like romanticizing with each other. This was a group date.” I stayed quiet for second and thought about it. Yeah, Chase hasn’t taken me out on a date or randomly thrown rocks at my window late at night and it’s because I didn’t want cliches in my life. But then again I’m a teenage girl so I want to have a fantasy like that. Don’t lie, every girl has a dream of being a princess.

“Yeah you’re right! I’m going to talk to him about it.” I said sternly and waved bye to Emily. Chase pulled up in his car and I opened the door and sat in the seat without saying a word.

“You okay?” he asked as I put my seatbelt on.

“Yeah why wouldn’t I be?” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“Okay, I know what this is about.” He said as he turned to me and grabbed my hand. I quirked my eyebrow and looked at him to continue.

“It’s about the whole Mikey being suspicious, right?” He said.

“Actually it’s not about Mikey. It’s you Chase Parker! That’s what it is about.” I said as I let go of his hand. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked at me like I was insane.

“Me? What did I do?”

“You did nothing, is the thing! Chase, you and I have never been on a date. Together. Alone. You know having a picnic under the stars or something cliche like that?” I said, giving him ‘how-stupid-can-you-be’ look.

“Char, I thought you weren’t into cliche dates?” He said trying to get me to be a hypocrite.

“Well why didn’t you ask me to homecoming, yet?

“I remember you clearly stating ‘homecoming is not worth the hype because it allows the closeness of other sweaty teenagers’.”

“Well, I change my mind! I’m a girl, I’m allowed to do that!”

“Girls are so frustrating! Fine you want a homecoming proposal, you’re going to get one. Fine?” He huffed out angrily

“Fine!” I yelled back at him and crossed my arms across my chest and in silence we drove home. As soon as I got home I got out of the car and walked to through the front door slamming it behind me while throwing my bag to the side recklessly.

“Hey Char. How was the date?” asked Britton as his head perked up from the t.v. I walked over to him and stopped in front of me blocking his view of the t.v.

“Charlotte, what the- Char are you okay?” And I burst into tears. Britton grabbed me and made me sit beside him on the sofa. Pulling me into a hug, he smoothed out my hair and told me it will be alright. He then pulled away and looked at me.

“What happened? It wasn’t Chase was it? Oh that little di-” I stopped him.

“It wasn’t him. It was me. Chase and I got in a fight, because he never took me out alone on a date or asked me to homecoming and now I sound like a basic bitch.” I continued to sob. Britton’s face changed from anger to ‘oh-jesus-I-think-it’s-that-time-of-the-month-again’.

“Okay hold in there Char. I’m going to grab the jar of Nutella in the fridge and then we'll pop in some super cheesy chick flick you like and all will be good. Okay? Now don’t sob into the couch, you might ruin the leather.” said Britton as he got up and rushed to the kitchen. In record time Britton came back with his the jar of nutella and two spoons. He then went to the cabinet below the t.v and picked out a stack of chick flicks.

“Britton, I didn’t even say sorry to him. I don’t know why I even asked him to take me to homecoming.” I said as my head drooped.

“Hey there Char, come on. Maybe you just wanted to be like the rest of the girls who get asked to homecoming in a special way.” reasoned Britton.

“But I called it a sweaty smelly sauna for teenagers.”

“Well, not gonna deny it isn’t. Maybe you just feel like he isn’t appreciating you like you want? You have to talk about it with him Char. Maybe you’re just uncomfortable with all this dating. I mean you were off the market for like a year and a half.” He said as he laid ‘The Notebook’ ‘She’s All That’ and ‘10 things I hate about you’ in front of me. Smiling I chose the last movie and had him place it in the DVD player. I snuggled closer to my brother and vowed to talk to Chase face to face on Monday.

*

Panic. That was what I was feeling at the moment. Chase hadn’t returned my phone calls, texts, even my social networking attempts. I really screwed up this time. As soon as Britton placed the car in park in the student parking lot at school I dashed out and ran to my locker to obviously find Michelle and Emily there. Before they could even get a word out I spoke.

“Where’s Chase?” I asked a little out of breath from running.

“Hi Charlotte, How are you? Thanks, I’m doing great! My weekend was amazing, thanks for asking.” said Michelle sarcastically. Rolling my eyes and avoiding the sass, I continued.

“I’m on the verge of a BOTW. I need to see Chase stat.” I said using the code word for “break-up on the way”. Emily and Michelle gasped. I nodded in response.

“What happened?” asked Emily, always wanting the details on the 4-1-1.

“I’ll tell you later, first Chase.” I said getting back to topic.

“Well, I haven’t seen him all morning and would usually be here. I’m sorry, Char.” said Emily as I rested my head against my locker and groaned. Sadly, I opened my locker to find a neatly folded note on top of my books. Unfolding it I read it aloud.

I know I’m on your mind

Which is very kind

but you must find

me unless you’re blind.

Love,

Chase

My gaze shifted from Michelle to Emily. Both their mouths were open. What was Chase doing? Before I could ask my trusty friends for their advice the warning bell rang for class. Grabbing my Biology textbook, Michelle and I made our way to class. As we sat down at our lab table I opened up my textbook to a random page, which happened to be page 69. Weirdly enough there was another note in that page. Unfolding it, I read it to myself.

Let’s talk about sex baby

Let’s talk about you and me!

How about under a tree?

After class?

Love,

Chase

P.S: Sorry it didn’t rhyme.

Biting my lip, I slid the note over to Michelle to show her. Suspiciously she grabbed the note and read it. She noticeably choked on the air she was breathing and looked at me in shock, I shrugged my shoulders in response and tried to focus on the lesson on the board.

As soon as that bell rang, I was the first one out of the classroom. I ran to the back of the school to where Chase might be. As I circled the perimeter and looked under all the trees I found no one and not a single note. Sighing I sat under a tree. While trying to analyze the note like it was a work of art, someone tapped me on my shoulder. Jumping up I came face to face with Black Mouth, the guy who I got weed for.

“What do you want? And if it’s weed, I’m going to punch you.” I said as I crossed my arms.

“Nah man I’m cupid’s messenger. Here.” he said as he handed me a folded note with a brownie in a clear plastic bag. I took the note, but ignored brownie.

“Yo, take the brownie.” he said pushing it in my direction.

“Ha, I’m not stupid. You probably snuck some weed into it.” I said as I walked away from the tree.

“Well, you’re missing out!” Black Mouth called after me. Shaking my head, I opened the note.

You are my treasure

and you give me pleasure

but now you must go on a hunt

it is not a stunt

to find your beloved

me

Love,

Chase

Giddily, I walked down the hall and held the note close to my heart. As I walked in to the library for study hall one of the librarians stopped me.

“Charlotte, dear. Can you come here for a second?” called Mrs. McDonald from behind the checkout desk. I walked over there to see what she needed. She searched behind her desk for a second before bring out a book. It was Romeo & Juliet.

“This book was on hold for you.” She said as she handed me the book with a wink. Suspiciously taking it, I walked to and empty desk and opened to a page that was marked by a note.

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,

My love as deep; the more I give to thee,

The more I have, for both are infinite. (Shakespeare Act 2 Scene 2, 139-141)”

I could never make up anything this romantic so I had to quote Shakespeare, especially from our favourite play. ;)

Love,

Chase

Silently laughing and shaking my head at his cheesy romanticness, I spent the rest of study hall reading Romeo & Juliet. As study hall ended, I couldn’t wait to get more and more notes from Chase. I was doing all of this nice things for me while I was just plain rude to him. Thankfully my next class for AP European History or as I liked to call it, AP snooze class. As I made my way down the history hallway, my brother stopped me in the hallway.

“Hey Char, you left your AP Euro textbook in the car here you go.” he said handing my textbook.

“Oh, I swore I had it in my backpack. Anyway, thanks.” I said as I grabbed my book and headed to my class and sat in my usual in the back of the class room. I opened the cover of my textbook to, of course, find another note. Picking it up, I read it.

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Everytime I see you

My stomach feels like a zoo.

Ha, take that Shakespeare!

Love,

Chase

P.S: I’m had my stomach checked out for why it was acting that way every time I saw you and the doctor said I was bite by a love bug.

I burst out laughing in the middle of my teacher’s lecture and the entire classes eyes fell on me. I sunk deeper in my seat avoiding eye contact with the rest of my classmates. As the teacher continued to drone on about the bubonic plague, I slipped into daydream topia for the rest of class. As the bell rang for lunch I came back from my coma which the teacher had put me in. As I made my way to my lunch table I saw an extra person seated at my table. Making my way closer, I found it to be Mikey. As I sat down next to Michelle he gave me that suspicious look again. I greeted Michelle, Emily and Mikey and sat down to eat my lunch. But before I could eat my sandwich in peace someone tapped my shoulder. Turning around I was presented with a large bouquet of flowers. Taking them I saw a small freshman behind the bunch of flowers. He then handed me a note and ran off. A smile crept on my lips and opened the note.

Listen carefully and you can hear the sighs of jealous girls.

Listen carefully and you will my hear my sweet voice whispering in your ear.

Listen carefully and you will hear your name being called.

Love,

Chase

My eyebrows furrowed. The note started of cute but then turned super cryptic. No one was calling my name, not even Emily or Michelle. Both had their mouths wide open with nothing coming out of it. And then it happened.

“Charlotte Knight. Please report to the Principal’s office immediately.” called a voice of the P.A system. Groaning, I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the cafeteria with everyone’s eyes on my back. Knocking on Principal Oceansky’s office, I waited for him to answer.

“Come in.” he said. Turning the knob, I walked in and then closed the door behind me. Mr.Oceansky then gestured me to sit down.

“Charlotte, I called you down here because you have detention after school today.” Mr.Oceansky said as he folded his hands in his lap. My eyes literally fell out of my head.

“What? Detention? Why?” I asked incredulously. No way, is Charlotte Knight getting detention.

“Your AP Euro teacher had apparently placed you in a coma in his class, so he is giving you detention. But since you ran out of his class early I’m giving it to you through him.” He said as he leaned forward in his seat.

“That’s unbelievable. He put the whole class under a sleeping trance! It was sorcery!” I said as I whined like a three year old.

“I’m sorry Ms.Knight, but he issued it only to you.” And I knew this conversation was over. Grabbing my backpack I made my way to the door. But something Mr.Oceansky said made me stop.

“I have a feeling detention is going to be fun today.” And with that I left the office. I made my way to my locker to drop my stuff off and to go to my last class of the day. As I approached my locker, there was something taped to it. A small box of Lucky Charms was taped to a piece of paper that read:

You’re my lucky charm!

Love,

Chase.

Smiling wide, I grabbed the box of cereal and placed it in my locker and switched out my books. And got ready for the last class of my day. Unfortunately, I didn’t receive any notes from Chase which seemed to dull down the class a lot. When the bell rang and everyone jumped out of their seat to leave school, I dragged my feet dreading the detention I was to serve today. I walked further down the hall to where detention was being held and walked into the class to find the classroom to be empty. On the blackboard, detention in big letters was written but no one was here. Placing my bag next to me I sat in a seat and waited for the teacher. Just as I got comfortable in my seat, the fire alarm went off. Panicking, I ran out of the class, down the hall, down the main staircase, pushing through the main door and out into the front of the school. As I looked around I saw the entire student body looking at me. Some were trying to contain their laughter while others didn’t try to cover it up. Embarrassed I turned to leave, but a person blocked me way. Looking up I saw it was Chase. My eyes lit up.

“Chase I’m so sorry for yesterday. You’ve been nice to me all day while I’ve been-” had my mouth was silenced by his finger. He then got down on one knee and held up a red rose.

“Charlotte Knight, will you go to homecoming with me?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys,

omg look at me I updated in a week yo. I beat that evil monster called procrastination. Anyways, i hoped you all liked this chapter and yeah Chase was being such a cute little fucker in my opinion. Tell me what you think! Who is your favourite character and why! oh and come talk to me on ask.fm leave quesitons for either for me or any one of the characters! 

Be swaggy and vote, comment, and fan!

skipping in the field full of butter with asa butterfield,

Alex :P

P.S: the beautiful banner on the side is made by @heights so go follow her. her new book video phone is really good!  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 58 18
Charlotte is your average teenage 16 year old trying to get through High School until she meets someone that she didn't know that will turn around he...
6.9K 180 30
"Do you really love me?" What happens when an introverted girl meets one of the most popular guys in school? Nothing good, let me tell you that. She'...
8.5K 684 14
She'd die for love. He didn't believe in love. *** From reading The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood, to watching 10 Things I Hate About You, to list...
669K 20.1K 40
***COMPLETE*** Book #2 in the hookup series - MUST READ THE FIRST BOOK in order for this one to make any sort of sense. "Keep doing that and I'll be...