diana [liam payne] HIATUS

By spiffylouis

Life can't always be perfect. There will be lies. There will be secrets. Most of all, there will be heartbrea... More

diana [liam payne]
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen

Eight

252 21 4
By spiffylouis

   Chapter Eight

 (UNEDITED VERSION)

 A few hours after Diana left the Liam's apartment, she was sat on her couch enjoying an episode of Supernatural when there was a furious banging on her door. Shooting the door a glare for interrupting her special me time - even though the door couldn't exactly do that - she huffs and scurried off the couch, still wrapped in her wool blanket. Tiptoeing towards the door, Diana looks through the peep hole and sees a sight she thought she'd never see. Rolling her eyes, she wretches the door open and crosses her arms, the glare back on her features.

 "Liam, what the fuck are you doing?" Diana asks, her eyebrows raised. Surprised she opened the door, Liam shoots his head up and a big goofy grin appears on his face. Tumbling towards the blonde girl, Liam wraps his arms around her shoulders. Still smiling, he looks down at her uncomfortable expression.

 "Di Di, why do you always walk out?" Liam slurs, his eyes hazy and speech extremely slow. Groaning, Diana attempts to get out of his hold only for him to tighten his arms around her.

 "Are you drunk?" She snaps at him, almost choking on air when his breath is blown into her face. Yes, definitely drunk, she thinks to herself. Helping Liam lean against the wall, Diana wraps the blanket around him then shoots him an annoyed look.

 "I'm waiting," Diana rolls her eyes as her arms wrap around his muscular torso. Shuffling towards her couch, she couldn't help but think how nice it felt. Shaking her head out of her idiotic thoughts, she sits him down on couch and then stands ram rod straight with her hands on her hips.

 "So, are you going to explain to me why you've shown up at my apartment, drunk out of your mind, at 11 pm?" She peers down at him, feeling her legs weaken when his brown eyes smolder into an innocent, almost sad, look.

 "Because," Liam whines, snuggling into the blanket and snaking an arm around her waist. "I...." He trails off, leaning his head on her stomach and releasing a little giggle. Feeling uncomfortable, Diana begins to struggle only to be held tighter once again.

 "Liam," Diana rests her hands on his broad shoulders, the blanket instantly warming her fingers, "you what?"

 Only receiving a few muffled mumbles from the little shit, Diana exhales an angry breath. Letting her eyes scour her tiny living room, she notices the ice water she had set on the coffee table just a few moments before Liam had knocked on her door. Smirking at her newfound - and pretty fucking brilliant - idea, Diana maneuvers herself in a way that she could reach the ice cold bottle yet hold Liam upright at the same time.  Grasping the cup in her hands firmly, she shoots a look at Liam - whom seemed to have found great comfort my snuggling against her torso - and let out a breathy laugh. Knowing she'd feel bad in the aftermath, Diana went with it and dunked the remaining water onto his head.

 And absolutely nothing happened. Nothing. Nada. Non.

 Scoffing, She pries Liam's hands off her back and pushes his head away, resulting in his body being slumped in her couch, tangled in the snuggly blanket and pouting at her.

 "If you do anything as moving a single muscle - that includes pouting - you'll regret it," Diana warns, eyeing him up and down until he began nodding, a bit too quickly, but nodding anyways.

 Shuffling towards her kitchenette portion of the apartment, Diana digs through her cabinets until she found aspirin, a small towel and a bucket. Heaving the necessities back into the living room, she sets the red coloured bucket on the rug by Liam's feet and the rest of the things on the coffee table in front of him. Shooting him a glance, she notices he hadn't moved an inch and let out a giggle of her own.

 "You can move now," Diana tells him, hiding her smile when he shoots her another wide smile and snuggles back into the couch. "You're quite.. goofy when you're under the influence."

 Looking up at her with doe-eyes, Liam huffs and crosses his arms over his chest, resembling an oversized teddy bear. "Actually, I'm not Goofy. I like to think I'm Mickey," he states, his expression solemn. Rolling her eyes, Diana hands him a glass of water and a pill.

 "You better take this. Your headache is gonna be a bitch," she explains, ruffling her hair away from her face. Keeping a cautious eye on him as he gulps down the pills and water just in case he decided to choke and fall to his death right in front of her, she begins to notice little things. Like, for example, the birthmark he has on his neck or the little freckled dots and beauty marks he has splattered across his face. Smiling at how handsome he is, Diana shakes her head of the thoughts and peers down at him.

 "Done?" She asks, lifting her hand to grab the cup, only for it to be grabbed by his vacant hand and the cup being set on the coffee table. Shooting him a confused yet uncomfortable look, Diana quirks her eyebrow.

 Staring up at Diana through a foggy mind, Liam feels words bubbling up to the surface. Taking in her guarded expression, he gives her a wobbly smile and shakes his head, his hold on her hand tightening.

 "You're very pretty," he slurs, his brown eyes melting into her blue-eyed gaze. Scoffing, Diana attempts to rip her hand out of his hold, only for his other arm to wrap around her waist, trapping her. "But you don't think it. You don't think you're pretty. Why?" He asks her, his eyebrows scrunching together into an innocent expression.

 Rolling her bottom lip into her mouth, Diana rests her gaze on anything but Liam, who continued to stare at her with his glazed, confused eyes. Huffing in a breath, she halts her gaze on the crackled wallpaper just behind Liam's shoulder.

 "I'm not pretty, Liam. Not on the outside, and definitely not on the inside. I'm a shitty human being, and I'm cool with it," Diana replies, her voice wobbling every other word. She knew she was disgusting - both outside and inside - but she wasn't cool with it. She'd never be cool with it.

 "You're not cool with it," Liam's slurring voice interrupts her thoughts. Snapping her gaze to his, she feels her heartbeat quicken in pace. How could someone so drunk, act so innocent and look so good? "If you were cool with it- wait no- if you weren't cool with- wait, what was I saying?" His worried gaze almost petrifies her, causing her to go immobile and curse the thoughts she had before he spoke.

 He's drunk, after all. He doesn't know what he's saying. He's under the influence, Diana tells herself, as she contemplated on what she should do with him.

 "I should call the boys," she tells him. Feeling his body tense - since he still had his arm wrapped around her - Liam jolts away from her.

 "You can't," he frantically tells her, taking both of her hands in his. "If-if you do, they'll shoot me then revive me just to shoot me again!" He explains, his brown doe-eyes frantic, his voice still slurring but worry protrudes through it. Shooting him a bewildered look, Diana sighs and rips her hands out of his hold, stepping away from him.

 "Look," she runs a hand through her hair and paces in front of him, "I can't just keep you here! Do they even know where you are? They'll have me dead if I didn't contact them, Li," she rants, only pausing slighting when she accidently lets his nickname slip through her lips.

 "Di Di," Liam whines, slumping on her couch groggily. "I'm not that drunk!" He explains to her, even though there was an evident slur in his voice. Rolling her eyes, Diana shoots a look at her long forgotten episode of Supernatural and sighs.

 "Fine," Diana states, her hands curling around on another. "You can stay," she tells him, only to turn around and find his body slumped on her couch, curled up in a blanket and his arms curled under the side of his head.

 Shooting him an annoyed look - even though he couldn't see it, since the idiot fell asleep mid-conversation (or, at least some what of a conversation) - she steps towards him and grabs the blanket, tugging it over his shoulder - since he did a horrible job at covering himself right - and runs a finger down his tan cheek, the words he had said running through her mind over and over.

 "You're pretty. But you don't think it." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a/n) I honestly don't know what I just wrote, to be honest with you. I hope you guys like this chapter - and I promise it will be edited once I finish this fan fiction. I have the next few chapters //SOMEWHAT// planned out, but I'm not precisely sure how many chapter there'll be. This is also kind of short (and unedited) - so sorry about that. I hope you guys enjoyed this. 

Please give feedback! (vote, comment!) it means the fricken world to me and makes me super duper happy. I love you all♥

PS, what do you think of the new cover? I'm not quite sure about it yet...

©2013 loushton all rights reserved 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 163 18
Choices make life. Choose right, everything will fall in place. Choose wrong, you and the people around you will be challenged. But are there...
7.8K 970 38
Her life is perfect but incomplete without love. She's got everything she ever wanted in her life except one thing, A person who'd love her. Will her...
2.4K 177 24
Those fantasies you always dream of the boys. Short, long, cute. and sad stories(imagines) ❤❤
928 2 21
"Okay Hanna. This is your new life. You don’t have to worry about Jean or the horrible past you had to go through. But Hanna, what ever you do, just...