Past Memories

By ThatTeenageMess

"Don't speak of Bradley Isaac the Great." I pulled a disgusted face, "You named it ?" "The initials spell B.I... More

Past Memories//Prologue
One โ€ข Square in the Jawโœ”๏ธ
Bag Full of Pink Substances
Going for the Kill
Smiling Sweetly
Knuckles Turning White
Together, How Sweet
Bradley Isaac the Great
Well, Well, Well
Thinking Too Much About Mason
He Was Going to be the Victim
Well That Was Smart
Do I Make You Nervous?
That's a Keeper
Past the Goal Line
She's Human
My Luna Will Not Fight
Wave of Pain
That's Rich Coming From an Alpha
Three Days
Is that Jealousy I Hear?
Both in Denial
I Know Exactly What You Mean
Wolf Control
I'll Kiss You
Spirits of the Past
That isn't an Excuse
I Don't Belong to Anyone
Don't Let a Tomboy Drive
Where's Mason?
Reject Me
Don't Stop Him
Becoming Such a Girl
A Harder Target to Train With
Already Found a Weakness
Don't Want to Fight Her
You Hate Hybrids
Used To And Still Does
We Don't Get That
Couldn't Take it Anymore
Disappearing
Excidium Control
Latin for the Word...
Watch Him Burn
Would Kill Her
Fists Against the Glass
Limited Time
Only Chance We've Got
Ready to Fight
Hushabye Mountain

A Gamma to Deal With

1K 48 1
By ThatTeenageMess

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Thirty Three

Rae's POV

I stared at Mason, awaiting his answer.

Maybe I'm just being anxious but all I know is that Jace is treating Lacey the same way as Mason did to me. He's always around her, always watching her and always listening to her. Maybe he won't be so hard to forgive because he wasn't a complete dork but its still going to hurt her. Lacey likes people being honest with her.

Only the male Alpha's, Beta's and Third in Command's would feel their mate at fifteen, which I find completely unfair. Why males?

"Mason" I snap, wanting my answer. Mason flinched, "Is Jace Lacey's mate."

Glaring at my mate, I watched him sigh in defeat, "Yes. Jace is Lacey's mate"

"What!" I growled, pushing him away from me and sitting up, "So you're telling me that both you and Jace have lied to Lacey and I?"

Mason sat up and looked at me. "It's not lying, Rae, its fear."

"How is it fear when you were lying and Jace is still lying?"

"Rae, Jace is afraid of rejection, just like I was." Mason looked me pointedly in the eyes. Rolling my eyes, I stood up and walked to my bedroom door, "Where are you going."

"I have a Gamma to deal with."

"No, wait-" Mason tried to stop me but I had already gone, sprinting down to the lounge. I could hear everyone laughing and playing on the Xbox or PlayStation.

"Jace." I snapped watching his had whip around to face me, "May I speak to you?"

Mason came beside me while Jace raised an eyebrow, I growled, "Don't make me come over and get you."

Jace immediately got moving, passing his controller to Lacey. I gripped his arm, dragging him down the stairs and outside. "Ow, fuck. For a girl, you have a mean grip." Jace complained when I let go.

I crossed my arms, glaring at the Gamma, "When are you going to tell Lacey."

"W-What?" Jace asked like he couldn't believe the words coming from my mouth.

"When are you telling Lacey that you're her mate?"

Jace glared at Mason who raised his hands in surrender, "We had a deal, man." Mason pointed to me, his eyes widening.

"She figured it out!"

"Jace, I swear to God, you wait until her birthday like this dork, I will personally make sure you don't make babies."

"This dork?" Mason mumbled and pointed to himself.

"Why?"

"Its betrayal. Especially when everyone knows except you." I glared at Mason who frowned at me. "Lacey likes trust and honesty, if you can't show her that now, she won't accept you then, trust me"

This would be true. Lacey always told me, no matter who her mate was, if he knew before her and didn't tell her, she wouldn't accept them as her mate.

"Wouldn't accept me?" Jace's face showed hurt and rejection.

"No, he's lucky I forgave him." I pointed to Mason, "But Lacey won't. She's always dreamt of the perfect mate, if you hurt her, I swear to God I will end you. Best friend or not." I glared a him as he gulped.

Jace nodded. "Lacey's birthday is in three weeks, you better tell her at least two weeks before."

"I know," he sighed, "But its difficult. I'm afraid of her rejecting me."

"She won't reject you if you tell her sooner. I promise you she won't. Yeah, she may not believe you at first, but when it comes to her birthday, she will realise that you were telling the truth." I promised him.

Jace sighed shaking his head, as if to say she would accept him any way, but before I could ask, he walked past us and back into the house.

-------------------------------

I stretched out on my bed, ready to go to sleep. It had been a long day and right now, I wanted nothing more than to fall into a deep sleep for a full twelve hours at least.

"When are you going to tell her?"

This immediately caught my attention. It was a conversation between Mason and Franklin outside my door.  I could only guess that they were talking about me.

"I'm not," Mason answered, "She's not going it."

"She is strong enough Mason, this is for the pack" Franklin argued.

"Cancel it. You had no right to agree with it."

"I want this bullshit over with Mason!" Frank raised his voice, making me flinch slightly. Everyone always does when an Alpha raises his voice, its a natural thing for werewolves to do, "You cannot cancel, you know it would cause a war!"

"I don't care. I'm not putting Rae in danger"

So this is about me.

"She can handle their Luna. She is not weak."

Mason growled, "I'm fully aware that she's not weak. I don't want her hurt."

"Mason," Frank let out a frustrated sigh, "Either way, she will get hurt. It's either willingly or forced that she fights, you know that their pack will not back out of this!"

My door opened before it slammed shut, Mason leaning on the door. Fight, war? What is Franklin talking about? I quickly pretended to sleep as Mason came over.

"I know you heard Rae, don't pretend you didn't."

I let out a deep breath before turning over to see Mason standing by my bed watching me. "What am I not doing?"

Mason ran a hand through his hair before slumping on my bed next to me. "My Dad decided to accept a challenge from the Red Rangers Pack. They want their Luna to fight you."

"And? How bad is that?"

"To the death Rae." Mason's dark pools stared at me, "Their Luna has never failed one of these challenges. She always wins."

"Always?" I echo.

"Always." Mason says with finality.

"I want to fight." I told him.

"No Rae. I won't let you."

"You will. I want to fight." I sat up, "This is for the pack, is it not? I want to protect the people in your pack."

"Our pack."

"Your pack. I haven't had the Luna ceremony yet." I close my eyes. I didn't know whether I was ready to be a Luna yet.

"You will be a great Luna." Mason said, pulling me from the covers and into his lap.

"What if I do bad and everyone hates me?" I asked, looking at him.

Mason laughed, "You won't do bad with me by your side."

"Yup," I looked away, "Your ego never stops growing, does it?."

"Never" Mason's chuckled vibrated through me, making me feel warm and fuzzy.

"How about a deal." I told him, pushing his chest to sit up, eye level with him. Mason raised an eyebrow, telling me to continue. "I'll be your Luna if you let me fight."

"No, absolutely not!" Mason growled, tightening his grasp on me.

"Mason, I want to fight. I don't want a war to come between packs." I said.

"Rae, their Luna kills everyone." Mason looked in my eyes, "I can't lose you."

"You won't. I bet there's a flaw in her movements."

Mason sighed, looking at me. "You train more, I'll let you fight."

"But I'm perfectly trained. In human form and wolf, in weaponry and aquatics." Yes, we train in the water because a lot of the time, most wolves get dragged to the water to be killed that way. It's a defenceless way of being killed. Fighting in water is more difficult than fighting on land.

"You need to train more. You have a week."

A week? I didn't realise it was that  close. But I can do this, I will keep trying and I won't give up.

"Okay." I said. "Is this Luna good in water?"

"I'm not sure. I know that she's perfect on land, everyone's said she has no faults."

"There's always a fault."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 139 28
Ryder Romano. He's a thirteen-year-old werewolf who is next in line to be Alpha. His dad, the current Alpha, gets notified that two new people will b...
1.4M 41.5K 25
An alpha so violent he lost both his first and second chance mate because they couldn't handle him. His first mate ran away out of fear while the sec...
629K 16.6K 43
Bailey Scotts just wanted to find love again. When tragedy strikes her family, they move to a small town to live with her grandparents. While there...
148K 4.7K 34
She vowed never to accept him no matter what fate had in store. He was not supposed be her mate, he was her enemy. She thought that he would turn out...