Finding Mr. Not So Right

By nyce_gurl

Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with... More

Chapter 1: Who is he??
Chapter 2: Not again!
Chapter 3: Faith or fate?
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Mission impossible
Chapter 6: Dragon's Lair
Chapter 7: Small world
Chapter 8: Uninvited
Chapter 9: The Fifth Member
Chapter 10: Stalk-her
Chapter 11: Rain
Chapter 12: The Dream
Chapter 13: Thank you
Chapter 14: Nothing to Something
Chapter 15: The Meeting (Part 1)
Chapter 16: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 17: Truce
Chapter 18: Stranger
Chapter 19: Changes
Chapter 20: Trapped
Chapter 22: Broken Barrier
Chapter 23: Acquaintance
Chapter 24: The Plan
Chapter 25: Jealous Dragon
Chapter 26: Point of Realization
Chapter 27: The Revelations
Chapter 28: Preparation
Chapter 29: The Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 30: The Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 31: Lost and Found
Chapter 32: Dejavu
Chapter 33: Oh my God!
Chapter 34: Like vs. Love?
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Confession
Chapter 37: The nightmare
Chapter 38: Endless night
Chapter 39: Visitor
Chapter 40: Trip to Busan
Chapter 41: Welcome back(s)
Chapter 42: The Rival
Chapter 43: We met again
Chapter 44: Masks Off
Chapter 45: When it rains, it really pours...
Chapter 46: Unknown Feelings
Chapter 47: Lies
Chapter 48: Two face
Chapter 49: Puzzle pieces
Chapter 50: Captured
Chapter 51: Behind the real you
Chapter 52: Dragon Unleashed
Chapter 53: One Last Time
Chapter 54: Reunited
Chapter 55: History repeats itself
Chapter 56: Rescue Mission
Chapter 57: Mutual feeling
Chapter 58: No one else comes close
Chapter 59: Old friend
Chapter 60: First and Last
Chapter 61: The Experiment
Chapter 62: The Revenge
Chapter 63: Darkest Hour
Chapter 64: The New Beginning
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 21: Missing Link

2.4K 58 1
By nyce_gurl

It was early in the morning and Jiyong was in his office alone, busy reading something on his phone. He will often smile and chuckle as he read the messages they exchanged last night. He doesn't know how many times he read it but his smile doesn't fade even a bit.

His face returned to being stoic when someone barged inside his office without a warning.

"So you're busy, i see." A man in his late forties, but still looking young, stood in front of him with full authority.

"What brings you here?" He said surprised at his unexpected visitor.

"Is that how you welcome your father?" He mocked as he walked around his office looking at the surroundings.

"Tell me what you want so we can go on with our lives. I know how busy you are right?" Jiyong hissed as he stood up to meet his father's eye level.

"Why hurry? Do you have anything else to do son?" His father looked at him eyebrows meeting at the center. Jiyong instantly averted his gaze to avoid his father's stare. "Fine, i just want you to handle something for me."

"Why don't you ask somebody else to do it for you? You have lots of loyal puppies that will instantly follow at your every command." Jiyong remarked, bitterness evidence in his voice.

"Because i know you will be willing to do this even if i don't force you." He smirked.

"How sure are you?" Jiyong replied still not looking at him.

"Oh I'm very sure." He said full of confidence. Jiyong turned to look at his father and he knows he already got his son's attention. "Find the chemist's daughter and bring her here." He ordered.

"Aira..." Jiyong was taken aback with what his father asked of him. What does he want from her?

"Yes Jiyong, find her or i'l ask somebody else to do it....like what you suggested." He calmly said and prepared himself to leave but halted to say something, "You're aware how my puppies work right?" He smirked as he finally left the room.

Jiyong's heart began to beat faster as his chest tighten with what his father said. He definitely knows how his men works. Most of them are inhuman and inconsiderate, they show no mercy. He certainly can't imagine what they will do once they get a hold of her. The thought of them in charge of locating her makes him sick to his stomach.

She was his childhood friend that has been taken twenty years ago by one of their helper. He can't forget that night when he last saw her.

(Flashback)

"Walk faster Aira, we have to hurry." Mr. Jang told her daughter while they were half walking half running along the corridors of the mansion.

"Where are we going appa? Its still sleeping time.." The little girl asked her father as she was being dragged by her arm leading her outside.

"We're just going to play outside baby. Be very quiet or else they will see us." His father explained while they passed through the rooms where some of the guards were staying."

"Are we going to play hide and seek?" Her face instantly brightened when she heard the word play. "Let me call Jiyong, he's good at it!" Aira excitedly said as she rubbed her droopy eyes trying to stay awake.

"Shhh..No baby, Jiyong is still sleeping. Maybe he can join us tomorrow." Mr. Jang stopped her from making any noise. They didn't notice a young boy has been following them since they left Aira's room.

"I'm still awake Mr. Jang. We can play now." Jiyong said pulling the man's shirt.

Aira's father got startled when he saw Jiyong standing behind them. But before he could answer him, a man came into view carrying a big black bag with a trash bin. Jiyong recognized the man, he was one of their helper.

"Mr. Jang, Everything is ready." The man informed. Alertness visible on his face.

"Ok, just wait for me outside." Mr Jang said as the man just nodded in response. He kneeled down to meet Aira and Jiyong's level before hugging them. "Ok then, lets start the game, but we should be very quiet. We don't want to wake the guards or they will stop us from playing. Understand?" He explained.

"Yes appa" Aira said.
"Yes Mr. Jang" Jiyong said.

"Good. Now Jiyong, is it ok if you will be it this time?, Aira and I will hide and you come and find us." Jiyong nodded and prepared himself to count. He stood beside the wall as he covered his eyes, whispering as he started counting.

"8....9....10!!! Ready or not, here i come!!" Jiyong excitedly announced as he started looking for them. He opened each door of the mansion but unfortunately, he cannot find them. He frowned as he was getting tired of looking but then, he suddenly remembered the man who came inside earlier carrying a bag. He immediately ran to the door to go outside but got dismayed when he saw that it was raining hard. He lost hope and was about to step inside the mansion when he saw Mr. Jang kneeling on the garden, shaking. He ran to him, not minding if he will get wet in the rain. He touched his shoulder and saw him crying hard.

"Mr. Jang? What happened?" The little Jiyong asked bewildered. "Where is Aira?" He looked around but she was nowhere in sight.

"She's gone now Jiyong....she is never coming back." He said as he continuously sobbed like the rain endlessly pouring.

(End of Flashback)

That was the night when she was taken away, the night he so awfully dreaded. If only he has the capacity to look for her that time, he would. But he was too young to do that. He promised that one day he will, specially now that his father wants her. He would do everything in his power just to find her before any one does.

----------
(DARA'S POV)

Its been three freakin' days and still, Donghae is giving me a cold shoulder. I tried talking to him but he keeps ignoring me. I called him a million times, but he's still not picking up. Gosh whats wrong with him? Hmm.. Maybe i should call Bommie and ask for help and let her talk to him? Wait, i will look desperate if i do that and Bom will have a reason to tease me more and so are the other girls. What should I do? I can't concentrate on my work anymore. Who should i seek for advice? I need someone who has the same level of his thinking. How about Seunghyun? But if i ask him, he'll definitely tell Bom about it. Aisht! I can't think of anyone else for I don't have other guy friends except for them.

Hmm, what if... Nah... I'm not that desperate. But what if he could help? I know he's a jerk but he's almost the same level as Donghae. I kept walking back and forth in my office debating whether i should do it or not.

I took my phone from my table and started typing...

Me: Hey jerk! Are you busy?

Hmm should I press send?? Wait, it sounds a little harsh.

Me: Hi Jiyong! Are you busy?

Why does it look too excited? Erase erase....

Me: uhmm... Are you busy jiyong?

Tsk! Why am i shy all of a sudden. Its the jerk. There's nothing to be shy about.

Me: .

*Message sent!*

Oh my gosh!!! I accidentally pressed the send button when i slipped on the floor while walking mindlessly. I looked at my phone and gasped when i saw that i sent a dot to him. I mean, what the eff!! What does a dot mean? What will he think of me sending a dot?

My self debate was interrupted when i heard a sound coming from my phone signifying i received a message. I checked my phone and saw his name on my inbox. OH.MY.GOD!!!

Jiyong the Jerk: What?

Me: Oh! Sorry..That wasn't for you. Wrong send.

Jiyong the Jerk: Really?

Me: Of course. Why would I send you a message? Duh!!!

Jiyong the Jerk: Ok.

Me: So.. I see you're not busy?

Jiyong the Jerk: I am, why?

Me: Oh. Ok, sorry for disturbing you.

Jiyong the Jerk: What is it?

Hmm...should i ask him? Well, as if i have a choice.

Me: Can I ask you something? I would ask someone else, but the problem is, there no one else to ask.

Jiyong the Jerk: So you're saying you don't have a choice? Is that it?

Me: Kind of, but i didn't mean it as an insult.

Jiyong the Jerk: Fine! What is it?

Me: Say i have a friend who has a friend that currently hates her for saying something stupid to him. What should i tell my friend?

Jiyong the Jerk: You mean he hates you. Right? And why are you asking me that question?

What the! How did he know?!

Me: Its not me!! Its my friend! I asked you this because you're a guy and maybe you know what HER friend is thinking.

Jiyong the Jerk: That's simple. Just apologize for being stupid. I mean saying something stupid to him.

Me: But i did! A million times already.

Jiyong the Jerk: See? It was you, stupid.

Me: Aishht!! Fine, it was me damn it. So what shall I do?

Jiyong the Jerk: What did you say anyway? And who is this guy you're talking about? Is he your boyfriend?

Me: What? You're not paying attention Jiyong. And its not important who that guy is. Just answer my question, what shall i do?

I waited for his reply but nothing came. Hmm.. What happened to him? Maybe he got busy already. And he didn't answer my question...Argggh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.2K 1.4K 85
G-Dragon is a vicious; deadly, ruthless gang member, next in line for the leader position. Jiyong is a 23 year old man with a mental capacity of a fi...
Be Mine By mv

Fanfiction

266K 5.4K 28
Description Love, fate, life and death will bind them together. In the world where everything you have is just borrowed, where everything has its own...
31K 659 10
They keep denying it to the world that they are a couple. They're just friends, so they say. They hid their love to protect it but what if by hiding...
1.9K 39 7
Jiyong being a mafia boss was never a problem for Dara; she accepted him as it is. She was happy with him beside her. Even when he would shut himself...