Past Memories

By ThatTeenageMess

"Don't speak of Bradley Isaac the Great." I pulled a disgusted face, "You named it ?" "The initials spell B.I... More

Past Memories//Prologue
One • Square in the Jaw✔️
Bag Full of Pink Substances
Going for the Kill
Smiling Sweetly
Knuckles Turning White
Together, How Sweet
Bradley Isaac the Great
Well, Well, Well
Thinking Too Much About Mason
He Was Going to be the Victim
Well That Was Smart
Do I Make You Nervous?
That's a Keeper
Past the Goal Line
She's Human
My Luna Will Not Fight
Wave of Pain
That's Rich Coming From an Alpha
Three Days
Is that Jealousy I Hear?
Both in Denial
I Know Exactly What You Mean
Wolf Control
I'll Kiss You
Spirits of the Past
That isn't an Excuse
I Don't Belong to Anyone
Don't Let a Tomboy Drive
Reject Me
Don't Stop Him
Becoming Such a Girl
A Gamma to Deal With
A Harder Target to Train With
Already Found a Weakness
Don't Want to Fight Her
You Hate Hybrids
Used To And Still Does
We Don't Get That
Couldn't Take it Anymore
Disappearing
Excidium Control
Latin for the Word...
Watch Him Burn
Would Kill Her
Fists Against the Glass
Limited Time
Only Chance We've Got
Ready to Fight
Hushabye Mountain

Where's Mason?

1K 47 2
By ThatTeenageMess

Tomboy of the Pack
Song: Tears- Clean Bandit

Chapter Twenty Nine

Rae's POV

Something leapt on my body under the covers, forcing me to go straight into defence mode.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Startled, I found myself looking towards my friends, one of which was Lacey slumped on top of my covers. Jace, Leo and Josh were standing at the door, silly party hats on their heads pulling weird faces.

"Get off you big lump!" I complain, shoving Lacey off the bed with a thump.

She whined, "You're not very nice to your best friend."

I rolled my eyes at her before noticing a big difference in the room. "Where's Mason?"

Lacey looked towards the boys before they all looked at each and back to me, "Uh, he said he'd be here later." Leo muttered, noticing everyone's hesitance. I didn't fully believe since they all looked awkward now, but I decided to drop it. I don't care were he was anyway.

"Okay!" Lacey grinned, the evil glint in her eyes.

"Okay, good luck Rae, I'm out when she's looking like that." Jace said before sprinting out, and before I could ask another question, Josh and Leo followed after.

"Happy birthday!" she smiled, handing me a small package. I really didn't want to open it because I could tell no good was coming with this, but I began to peel the wrapping, just so Lacey didn't tear this house down.

Once all the wrapping was off, I pulled out the article of clothing. Is this?

"Oh hell no!" I said, backing away from the dress. Lacey smirked at me. The dress was navy blue, its sleeves coming three quarters down my arms. It would reach to about my knees, had a thin, black belt along the waist line and had a flower pattern net type thing around the outside. How else am I supposed to explain it? I've never worn a dress in my life!

"Oh yes."

"Lacey, I am NOT wearing that."

"Hm, okay." she walked into my closet, digging around until she came out with a top. Not just any top. A Messi football T-shirt signed by Messi himself. She pulled a pair of scissors from her back pocket like she was already prepared for this. "What have we here?"

I watched in horror as the scissors neared the hem of the top, "You wouldn't dare." I growled.

"Oh but I would." The scissors reached the hem.

"Okay, okay, okay, you win! I'll wear the dress!" I cried. Lacey smirked in triumph as I grabbed the shirt away from her. "But I'm wearing shorts underneath and Converses.

"Way ahead of you." she grinned, pulling out some denim mid-thigh shorts and a pair of blue navy Converses from a bag.

I glowered at her before snatching the clothes and sprinting into the bathroom. I slipped off my night clothes, before pulling on the dress. Not exactly the most comfortable thing but at least I'm not wearing heels. I pulled up the shorts and tightened up the Converses.

I took a shaky breath before stepping out the bathroom. Lacey turned from her phone to look at me. It was like time was going really slowly when she just froze staring at me and the dress.

"I knew it. It looks stupid, I'm going to take it off."

"What! Don't you dare take that dress off Rae Lewis." Lacey warned, "You look hot. The boys are going to be drooling today"

My cheeks flared, "I'm only doing this so you don't cut up my Messi shirt!"

Lacey hummed before holding out her hand, I raised an eyebrow. "Hairband."

My eyes widened, "What?"

"Hairband!"

"No!"

"Rae, don't make me get the scissors, again. You have your Joe Hart t-shirt still in the closet."

I immediately removed the hair band, allowing my natural curls and waves fall down to my waist. "I hate you"

"You love me" She smirked before grabbing my wrist and pulling me downstairs. The boys were on the sofa playing Halo, talking and laughing between themselves.

Lacey cleared her troat, making them all look up to us, or more importantly, me. Josh and Jace's mouths fell open, their eyes glued to the dress that was around my body.

"Wow" Jace mutter.

"Hey!" Leo snapped, "Stop staring at my sister that way, you horny mother fucker."

I glared at them, "Continue staring and I'll make sure you can't make babies." The boys immediately turned away, tensing at the thought of that.

"Rae?" I turned around to see my Dad, Frank and Emerald staring at me with wide eyes. At that moment, I thanked the Moon Goddess that I had a plaster over the hickey that Mason gave me.

"Oh my! You look absolutely gorgeous!" Emerald smiled, pulling me into a hug. I hated his, but Emerald's death grip was something I'd never get out of.

"Is my Little Tomboy wearing a dress?" MybDad asked, smiling at me. He enclosed me into another hug.

"It was either this or Lacey threatened to cut up my Messi and Hart t-shirt!" I whined.

Dad chuckled, "You mother would've loved seeing you in this." I pulled back, watching my fathers eyes water.

"She's always here, Dad" I smiled, placing my hand on his heart.

"Okay. Tonight there's going to be a pack gathering for you to see if you find your mate within the pack." Emerald smiled.

"Really? I don't mind just going around sniffing him out." I mutter.

Emerald gasped, "You are Top Warrior, as well as Beta's daughter. People will expect a gathering of some sort."

"Fine. Fine." I sighed in defeat. "Nothing to massive though."

------------------

I sat on the high stools in the kitchen, my head resting on my hand, awaiting my 'grand entrance' to the gathering. My mind was still partly on my past and the other on the kiss Mason and I shared.

Ever time I think about it, I get a warm fuzzy feelinf in my stomach and my lips tingle like we did when our lips touched. I had never felt anything like that, it was more than what I expexted a kiss to be like. And his hair was soft and silky, I could run my hands through it all day. 

Jees, I sound like Kayla or something. I shuddered. 

"Okay." Emerald burst into the kitchen  "All you have to do is wait until your name is called and then you walk on stage." I nodded silently, not liking the whole 'eyes on me' thing.

Franklin was delivering a speech to the crowd, to which I didn't listen. My mind was set on finding my mate. I never wanted one. He'd hold me down and I'd always be protected. And it'd never be just me anymore, it'd be us. I would have to look out for someone and I've never been very good at meeting new people.

"Please welcome to the stage, you Top Warrior and Betas Female, Rae Lewis." I was still Beta Female until Leo announced that he had found Willow, his mate. But until she knew about us, that was going to be a long while off. I slowly walked along the stage. The whole pack cheered for me, bowing their heads slightly.

It was eight at night, our pack all outside under the bright stars and full moon. The crowd around me cheered, and some wolf whistles were heard to which I gritted my teeth at. I couldn't smell anything exciting yet, nothing that intrigued me, but I knew my mate was close, I could sense that.

I couldn't find anything remotely close to the scent of a mate walking through the crowds, listening to people wishing me happy birthday and luck?

---------

"Why do fish always sing off key? Cause you can't tuna fish." 

I raised an eyebrow at Josh, ignoring his stupidity. Its been two hours and most pack members have gone home, but Lacey, Jace, Josh and Leo have stayed here to entertain me.

The sense of my mate being close has gotten stronger, but not a sweet scent has come near my nose for me to follow.

"You are so bad at this" Leo chuckled towards Josh. He decided not to invite Willow; the amount of people her could confuse her, making her be more intrigued by him and he didn't want her finding out before he could tell her about the pack.

"You got a better one?"

Leo thought for a second, "Wanna go on a picnic? Alpaca lunch."

Jace snorted, "That's hardly better."

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late" I froze at his voice. His scent hit me like a tone of bricks, almost knocking me from my chair.

I knew Lacey knew. Wait a second. Everyone's gaze on the table directed to me. Did that all know this? But...he hates me! Moon Goddess, why did you put me with a jerk?

I couldn't deal with the pressure, "I-I-I have to get out of here" I whispered before using my Nano Blood speed to sprint away.

I reached the lake in not time, pacing backwards and forwards. How can he be my mate. If I was his mate, that means-

"Rae"

I froze at his voice before my body moved on its own accord, turning around to face Mason. Our eyes connected. My eyes stared at his regretting orbs, he seemed powerless right now, like he was waiting for the words no werewolf dares to here.

Raven spoke one word.

'Mate'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 7.6K 29
***COMPLETED*** This is an old book that I have no intent on continuing or editing so if there are mistakes/it's boring! I WAS 13 WHEN I WROTE THIS...
2.5M 64.7K 38
(Old description got somehow deleted.This is a new shorter description but the story is not changed!) ⚠⚠WARNING BEFORE YOU READ: I WROTE THIS BACK WH...
1.1M 33.5K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
348K 16.2K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...