The Bad Boy of Mine

By dumeismycopilot

He says, "Screw that. I'll take a nap." She says, "Oh no, where did I go wrong?" - Zoey Summers, Chris Martin... More

The Bad Boy of Mine
Chapter 1 ll Stop with that staring, Sexy stranger.
Chapter 2 ll I made a mental note to start hating on this pair of boots.
Chapter 3 ll Gagaga. Get off my mind!
Chapter 4 ll Ooooh, there ain't no other way, baby, I was born this way!
Chapter 6 ll Well damn. Is this considered haphazard to my mental health?
Chapter 7 ll Hahahaha but he'll never know that I think he's hot.
Chapter 8 ll "we fur hafing fex"
Chapter 9 ll It's the sound of my spine breaking into pieces.
Chapter 10 ll STOP SAYING MY NAME I KNOW NO ONE IS AROUND US.
Chapter 11 ll Daddy.
Chapter 12 ll A cute idiot. A sad idiot. A broken idiot.
Chapter 13 ll I am not prepared to be accused of raping an inanimate object.
Chapter 14 ll It's there, the palpable electricity.
Chapter 15 ll "Big guys have feelings too."
Chapter 16 ll Yep, he has been shedding some manly tears.
Chapter 17 ll She really is, ready to fight a buffalo.
Chapter 18 ll I think I would like chicken for my lunch, thank you very much.
Chapter 19 ll "Hey you stole my line, you're the pain in my ass."
Chapter 20 ll I may be avoiding a particular someone, but I still need food.
Chapter 21 ll No one can stop me from fantasizing about Ian Somerhalder now.
Chapter 22 ll Stop being so cheesy. I had enough mac and cheese from just now
Chapter 23 ll Clearly, my right brain is the quick-witted one.
Chapter 24 ll "Wow, and I'm the sadist."
Chapter 25 ll Either it can chisel granite, or cut off my limbs.
Chapter 26 ll "Who is the girlfriend?"
Chapter 27 ll Chris is going on inside my head.
Chapter 28 ll "I'm so done with you, Chris."
Chapter 29 ll If I see one more butt, I will staple yours to the screen.
Chapter 30 ll "Oh my gosh, you're pouting again."
Chapter 31 ll Then, it's there, yet again.
Chapter 32 ll She is the one that would be the bae to his life.
Chapter 33 ll They are now my favourite ship next to Levi and Evelyn.
Chapter 34 ll Everything is just so much better because of him.
Chapter 35 ll None, you'll just get distracted too easily.
Chapter 36 ll 'Wow, Chris. This is almost as breathtaking as you.'
Chapter 37 ll "Not to mention he gets so cute when he's jealous."
Chapter 38 ll 'Oh my god, the stars are so beautiful.'
Chapter 39 ll "It's the face of a happy boyfriend."
Chapter 40 ll "Yes, I just did."
Chapter 41 ll Repeat after me, yeah?
Chapter 42 ll It's hard being sleeping beauty.
Chapter 43 ll Which secretly gives me a chance to touch his abs.
Chapter 44 ll You are a girl, Zoey! You can't help a boy do bad things!
Chapter 45 ll "Can you do that again?"
HELLO! (IT'S ME)
Epilogue (OR IS IT?????)
Chapter +1 ll Valentine's Day
Chapter requests!!
Chapter +2 ll Valentine's Day (His)
BOOK 2!!!
Chapter +3 ll Just some occasional spooks and anxiety. Fun stuff.
hello~

Chapter 5 ll I feel special.

127K 3K 1.2K
By dumeismycopilot

Zoey's POV

All eyes were on me, making me uncomfortable.

Can't I hang out with the boys?

Because they are hot as hell and barbies like Gianna wants you to back off. That's why.

Tears welled up in my eyes. My heart scrunched painfully, my stomach churned, making me feel uneasy. My breathing came in ragged gasps. Genesis, Xavier and Evelyn looked at me sympathetically. I hung my head low, in an attempt to hide the embarrassment and humiliation that stood on my face manifestly.

Zoey, get a grip. You must not cry. This is an order. Did you forget the promise you made with your mother? You promised her not to cry. No matter what happens, don't cry. Gianna Taylor isn't worth your tears. You only cry for your mother. Not minor stuffs like this.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up slowly. 

Chris.

His gaze softened upon seeing my current state. His eyes held sympathy and an emotion which I can't seem to decipher. I shot him a weak smile and stood up. I really picked a good day to wear my white oversized sweater, the sweater's sleeves reached to the end of my fingers. I could swimmingly cover half of my face with them on my hands. I wiped away those tears that never had the chance to escape from my eyes. I gave all my friends a strained smile and ran out of the cafeteria. 

---

Hiding my feelings and emotions was never my forte. I hate controlling my feelings when all I want to do at the moment is to give my depressing inner self liberty. When my father left me, my perfect world of being loved and pampered, turned upside down. My father was always the one to give me support and encouragement. It was always him. He gave me warmth. He gave me comfort. He gave me security. I always felt like I'm my father's little princess. He has this ability to drive away any thoughts of vacillation and self-doubt. Most importantly, he makes you feel at ease. The times I spent with him was short. The memories I have of him are vague. But still, my love for him remains.

By this point of time, I felt like I was a total fool. Why am I so stupid? I should have begged my father not to leave me. I should have begged my mother not to let my father leave me. I should have begged my mother to stop mourning over him. I should have denied the boys' invitation and walk away.

I sat down under an oak tree in the school's yard, hiding in the tree's dark shadow. I propped my knees up and hung my head down.  Tears began to form in my eyes. I blinked my eyes, forcefully wanting those tears to never extricate. 

"I'm such a loser." I muttered, feeling depressed. Sorrow and fatigue were like heavy loads that sat comfortably on my shoulders. 

"Psh. You are no loser." a voice that I could recognise almost immediately, appeared.

Chris. 

I looked up and again, his gaze softened. His hands that was nicely tucked in his jeans pocket dropped to his side.  He took a deep breath and found a spot a few metres away from me.

"Come here." he gestured to the empty space beside him. 

That spot looks so inviting. 

What the bloody hell, Zoey. 

I shook my head and dropped my head into the air. 

I heard Chris let out a frustrated sigh and some shuffling noises. Before I had the chance to react, I felt two calloused hands on my waist. I gasped a little and Chris brought me to the area beside him. 

"There you go." 

"Was that necessary?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Yes. Since you weren't listening to me."

After that, both of us fell into an awkward silence. Thoughts that I thought I would be able to push back into the back of mind, emotions that I thought I would be able to restrain them from flowing out from the bottom of my heart, sorrow and sympathy for myself, all of them engulfed me. My arms weakened. My eyelids drooped. I let my head dropped to Chris' broad shoulder. 

Wait. Wait wait wait. Chris' shoulder? 

I sprang back up into my original upright position and began apologizing.

"I'm so sorry. Really sorry. I'm just.. I felt tired and pathetic. It's like no one likes me and the world hates me. My life sucks and I suck even more at being a human. I feel so ugly. I don't know what came over but I just felt weak and restless. I'm-" 

My mini rambling session was cut short when Chris wrapped his warm hand around the back of my neck. He brought my head down, resting it on his shoulder. 

"Shhh. Stay in this position."

I nodded and inched closer to Chris. Warmth radiated off his body, making me wanting to move nearer to him. 

Don't go there, Zoey. Don't.

"Listen here, Zoey." Chris began. I shifted my gaze and attention to Chris. I stared at him, urging him to carry on. "You're not pathetic and puh-lease, you are one of the most beautiful girl that I have ever met. You don't put on tonnes of make up on your face and you look beautiful already. Your life wouldn't suck as much as mine. Mine sucks. Don't ever think that you look ugly and you don't suck. Yeah? Please, promise me, Zoey, don't think of yourself that way. Me, Seth, Levi, Jacob and Caden will be here, 24/7, ready to help you with any problems." Chris took a deep breath after finishing his speech.

I wasn't really quite sure whether to say I'm amused or surprised that Chris would say all of that to me. I'm certainly surprised, never in a million light years would I thought I would have the slightest chance to see this side of Chris. This caring, sympathetic and at the same time, mind if I add, attractive side of him. Always, he puts on this cold and heartless demeanor, which unquestionably makes others to judge him. They classify him as a 'Bad boy', as 'trouble', as 'bad news', but in fact, he has this soft side of him which not many, unlike me, has the chance to encounter.

I feel special.

I fixated my eyes on his. His cerulean orbs never leaving mine. Again, a flash of emotion that I can't seem to decipher suffused his eyes. I leaned towards him and did the unexpected. 

I hugged Chris. 

Yolo, they say.

I felt him tensed up under my tight embrace. Only after a few seconds later, his arms snaked around my waist and pulled me closer into his lap. I inhaled his scent and snuggled into his chest. 

"Thank you." my voice came out muffled against his shirt. 

"No problem, bambi."

"Bambi? Seriously? That's an awful pet name." I chuckled quietly under the embrace.

Chris' chest rumbled as he let out a low laugh. We pulled away from each other and he stood up, pulling me up together with him at the same time. I was smoothing out my shirt when Chris locked his iron grip on my elbow. I turned to look at him to find him staring at me with much intensity. The air around us instantly electrified. My heart was thumping embarrassingly loud. His hand reached out to brush the area of skin under my eyes. Chills travelled down my spine and butterflies took over the vacancy in my stomach upon the contact. My breathing hitched when he inched closer to me.

"I'm always here for you." His voice came out husky and soft. I nodded numbly and Chris continued. "Don't listen to Gianna. She's being a bitch." 

"You saw?" I asked, clearly surprised. I never knew he saw Gianna mouthing those words to me. 

"I'm not blind, Zoey." I raised an eyebrow and nodded quietly. "So, can we go now? The boys are waiting for us at your locker." 

"Sure thing." 

---

"No way."

"Pretty please?"

"No thank you."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"Nope."

"Pretty pretty please with cherry and double whipped cream on top?"

"I'm on a diet. No thanks."

"Oh come on! Zoey, why are you so stubborn?"

"Oh come on! Evelyn, why are you so irritating?"

"Because I'm awesome this way. Just go to the party please? It's my cousin's birthday after all."

You see, Evelyn has been bugging me for the past twenty minutes to attend her cousin's birthday party. She obviously has some comprehending problem(just like the boys). The number of times I said 'no' to her, is as much as the times I said 'yes' to ice cream. Yes, just that much. 

"He's your cousin! Not mine!"

"He's hot! I can introduce him to you!"

"Are you seriously doing this to me?"

"Yes, I'm dead serious." before I had the chance to rebuke to her statement, she added. "Oh wait. I get it. I get it now."

"Get what?" I asked, discombobulated by her constant disturbances and nonsense.

"I know why you wouldn't want to go to the party." I could picture her smirking confidently on the other side of the phone.

"Please enlighten me then."

"Chris."

"Excuse me?" I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"It's Chris! You are going out with him, right?"

"What?! No!" a blush instantly crept onto my cheeks and ears. My heart was jumping like it was a young kangaroo on steroids

"You are blushing right now, aren't you?" 

Is she psychic?

"Yes. I'm a psychic. But I'm more of a genius."

"I don't care. I'm not going out with Chris."

"Fine, then go to the party."

"Fine!" I huffed angrily. 

"Friday, I'll be at your place by 7." she cheered excitedly and I hung up the call.

What have I gotten myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 960 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
72.3K 984 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
113K 3.3K 48
A new girl, lives with dad, 2 older brothers, and 2 younger brother twins, this girl is Skyler Sanders. A bad boy, tattoos, piercings, smokes, beer...
3.3K 225 34
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...