Believe in Sherlock

By AutumnEmbers

When Sherlock reunites with his best friend from his childhood, Margaret Jones, he can't seem to get her off... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9-Maggie's POV
Chapter 10-Maggie's POV
Chapter 11-Maggie's POV
Chapter 12-Sherlock POV
Chapter 13-Maggie's POV
Chapter 14- Maggie's POV
Chapter 15-Maggie's POV
Chapter 16-John's POV
Chapter 17-Maggie's POV
Chapter 18-Maggie POV
Chapter 19-Maggie's POV
Chapter 20-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 21-Maggie's POV
Chapter 22-John's POV
Chapter 23-Maggie's POV
Chapter 25-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 26-Maggie's POV
Chapter 27-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 28-John's POV
Chapter 29-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 30-Maggie's POV
Chapter 31-Maggie's POV
Chapter 32-John's POV
Chapter 33-Maggie's POV
Chapter 34-Maggie's POV
Chapter 35-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 36-Maggie's POV
Chapter 37-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 38-Maggie's POV
Chapter 39-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 40-Maggie's POV
Chapter 41-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 42-Maggie's POV
Chapter 43-Maggie's POV
End Credits of Sorts
Sequel Released!!

Chapter 24-Maggie's POV

11.7K 342 112
By AutumnEmbers

(A/N) Again, this is my version of a case based off the title 'The Empty Hearse' it will not be what happens in the show since it hasn't come out yet.

Maggie's POV

Sherlock and I slid into Mycroft's car with his assistant texting on her phone as usual. Seriously, how have her fingers not fallen off already?

The ride was silent. Nobody talked, nor did anyone care. Each of us were lost in our own thoughts.

Sherlock had changed into his fresh, clean clothes and the scent of his shampoo filled the car. His hair was still wet and his curls stuck up everywhere. His scarf was secured tightly around his neck and his hand was under his chin as he looked out the window.

Once we arrive, I eagerly looked out the windows to see an old hearse with the back doors wide open and a reporter was talking to her cameraman. A police officer was asking the driver of the hearse questions. The first thing I noticed was that the back was empty. No coffin. Nothing.

I followed Sherlock out of the car before it had even come to a full stop. I guess he's as excited as me for an interesting case.

I spotted Lestrade talking to Sally Donovan and strode over to them with Sherlock on my heels.

"Well, Lestrade, you didn't think to call me about this case? Even Mycroft thought it was worth my time." Sherlock said as we approached the two.

Lestrade looked over to answer but his voice caught in his throat when he saw Sherlock standing beside me casually. Completely alive.

"But, wait, you're-you're dead!" Sally exclaimed once she had found her voice.

"You're disappointed. My death had nothing to do with you." Sherlock simply dismissed her with a wave of his hand. "However, it did include Lestrade." Sherlock muttered under his breath, soft enough for only me to hear him.

Lestrade was still frozen but managed to clear his throat. "I-I, how are you-, oh never mind." Lestrade stuttered and ran a hand through his greying hair. Sherlock lips curled into a barely noticeable grin as Lestrade tried to put. his mind right.

"I'm back. Now about this case..." Sherlock's voice wandered off and he looked expectantly at the old, black hearse that was surrounded by policemen and detectives.

Lestrade opened his mouth to say something but gave up and waved for Sherlock and I to follow him. Sherlock and I followed obediently and I didn't bother to hide my satisfied smile at Sally Donovan's look of sheer terror and shock. Sherlock was grinning as well.

"Have you found anything on it?" I asked Lestrade as he was still staring at Sherlock like if he looked away for a split second he would disappear.

"Hmm? Oh, well...no. There's absolutely nothing on it that shows any sign of theft or any sign of anybody being in there in the first place." Lestrade said with confusion clear in his voice.

"So you think somebody stole the coffin and body from the hearse before it made it to the funeral home?" I asked and stepped closer to the old hearse. Lestrade nodded in reply. I turned from looking at Lestrade and look at the dark inside of the hearse.

The stars were bright in the sky as it was 9:30 pm at least. The moon was almost full and lit up the surrounding area enough to see.

I knelt down beside Sherlock and observed the hearse.

There were no footprints in the bed of the hearse and no fingerprints that I could see. Everything seemed to be in perfect condition and hardly touched. The floor on which the coffin should have been was unmarked. Not a single scratch in sight. No dirt, footprints, fingerprints, or scratched. It's almost as if the whole thing was brand new.

I looked over at Sherlock who had his eyes squinted as he looked around suspiciously. He finally looked up from his trance and looked expectantly at me. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"There's nothing here. It's perfectly clean." Sherlock muttered loud enough for Lestrade and me to hear.

"So you're saying that the Great Sherlock Holmes can't deduce a car?" Lestrade questioned and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Sherlock said nothing and continued to look at the inside of the hearse.

I turned to look at Lestrade. "Who was driving the truck?" I asked. Lestrade nodded his head over to a rather pudgy fellow with brown hair and a nervous jerk in his movements.

"Mr. Jim Brown over there was driving the hearse." Lestrade said. I saw Sherlock flinch slightly when Lestrade said 'Jim'. I looked at Sherlock suspiciously before looking back at Mr. Brown.

"Did he see anything?" I asked. Lestrade shook his head from side to side slowly.

"I'm afraid not. One minute he said he was getting in the hearse with the coffin and body in the back and the when he got out it was gone. How could it disappear in a short car ride?" Lestrade asked himself before looking at me. "Did you see anything that may help us?"

I sadly shook my head and looked back at the hearse. I wrinkled my brow in thought before asking, "Lestrade, who's body was in the back of the hearse? The body that was stolen?"

Lestrade looked over at me and replied, "James Moriarty's body was in that hearse."

Sherlock's head snapped up and a look of pure fury masked his usually expressionless face. "Moriarty? Why was he in a hearse? He's been dead for three years!" Sherlock's voice rose in volume as he shouted at Lestrade.

Lestrade took a step back from Sherlock with a look of surprise masking his face, "W-we were relocating his body. I don't know why exactly they just had orders." Lestrade said quickly and with a nervous edge to his voice.

Sherlock's jaw tensed and his body was rigid as if preparing for a fight. I hesitantly walked over to Sherlock and put a hand on his shoulder. He flinched in surprise before looking me dead in the eye.

"Sherlock, calm down. He's dead. Moriarty is dead, he can't threaten you anymore. He can't hurt you." I whispered and kept eye contact with him.

"It's not me that I'm worried about." He replied through his teeth.

I kept my hand firmly on his shoulder and made sure he was looking at me when I said, "You don't have to worry anymore. You can't see him. He's not here."

Sherlock looked away from my eyes and flicked his gaze to somewhere behind me. His eyes widened and I saw his hand move instinctively to his pistol. In one quick motion, Sherlock pushed me behind him as if shielding me from something and aimed his gun to the street corner ahead of us.

"Sherlock! What the bloody hell are you doing?" Lestrade exclaimed before reaching over to pull Sherlock's pistol out of his hand.

Sherlock's grip on my arm and the pistol tightened and I held back the instinctive yelp that gather in my throat. He held that position for a bit before he blinked and the glassy shine was gone from his blue-green eyes.

He took a deep breath before lowering his gun and turning to look at Lestrade. His hand still grip my arm tightly and I felt as if he would never let go unless my arm fell off.

"I have to go." Sherlock muttered and released my arm before taking off, running down the dark street.

Lestrade and I watched him with shocked expressions as he ran as fast as his long legs could carry him.

"I always knew he was a freak." Sally Donovan chuckled and Anderson snorted at her comment, amused.

I felt my blood boil and I whipped around to face the two. "You're wrong. Sherlock is the most intelligent person I've ever met and he is certainly not a freak. If anything, you two are the freaks for not seeing how amazing and heroic Sherlock is. You're both blind of anything but yourselves. And that makes me sick." I spat and turned my back on the two open-mouthed officers. I ran in the direction Sherlock had gone and figured there could be only one place he could be going.

The cemetery.

I pulled out my phone and quickly dialed a number.

"Hello?" John's voice came out of the speaker.

"John. It's Maggie. Meet me at the cemetery ASAP. You know which one. Something's wrong with Sherlock." I said quickly.

"I'll be there. Don't do anything stupid before I get there." John added.

"No promises." I laughed before ending the call and running even faster towards the place I had spent the majority of the last three years.

Sherlock's grave. 

(A/N) Oooh what do you think is happening with Sherlock? What did he see? How did you like Maggie standing up for Sherlock to Annoying Anderson and Sally Donovan? I thought she was brilliant. Oh and what about Moriarty? Who took his body? And why?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 1.7K 32
He was a lonely child. But he had one friend. A friendship born from need, a friendship that has stood for almost thirty years. A friendship that ha...
148K 7.1K 19
John Watson and Sherlock Holmes slowly come to realize they are in love with each other, but are either of them willing to admit how they feel?
8.7K 664 21
John has been depressed since his best friend Sherlock Holmes committed suicide whilst talking to him on the phone. Nearly a year later, John meets s...
145K 6.6K 45
(Sequel to Believe In Sherlock) Maggie, Sherlock, and John are back...but so is Moriarty. Without ever having met the psychopath responsible to Sherl...