𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 [ˢᵘᵖᵉʳⁿᵃᵗᵘʳᵃˡ]✔

By SOLANAQUEEN

"Teach me how to fight I'll show you how to win. You're my mortal flaw And I'm your fatal sin." (fem oc x sam... More

playlist.
cast
prologue.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
70k reads!!!
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty - two.
chapter twenty - three
chapter twenty - four
chapter twenty - five
chapter twenty - six
chapter twenty - seven
epilogue.
main account
80k reads + The Wattys

chapter eighteen.

2.9K 97 25
By SOLANAQUEEN

Monica sat in the corner, her arms wrapped around her knees. Her mind went over what had happened over the last three hours. It seemed like ages since she was with Sam. Instead whenever she looked at him, she saw the Devil instead.

He stood in front of a circle of five people, flexing his right arm. Monica watched as he conversed with himself, probably talking to Sam. She had already exhausted herself trying to control Lucifer but now he was in his true vessel, he was beyond powerful. All she'd got was one word from Sam. Sorry. Monica closed her eyes, resting against the wall as she listened to the sound of Sam/Lucifer killing the demons who had followed him his entire life.

"Why so sad, Monica?" someone said, shaking her out of her sleep. It was morning and the sun shone through the window, making her squint. For a second she tricked herself into believing she had come into Sam's room at night and it was another day of hunting.
"Leave me alone Lucifer" she mumbled, turning away. He violently turned her head to face him, pain shooting up her neck.
"No Monica, you and I will be together for a while longer.....I've gotta say, Sam is one lucky man to have a girl as beautiful as you" he said tracing a line down her jaw. She swatted his hand away and got up shakily.

"He was....Sam's not here anymore" she said, trying to hide her tears. Lucifer turned her towards him and gently wiped away a tear.
"You break my heart with your Romeo and Juliet crap...why don't you show me what you've got Monica?" he sneered.

*****

"In between jobs, Sam and Dean would sometimes get a day – sometimes a week, if they were lucky. They'd pass the time lining their pockets. Sam used to insist on honest work, but now he hustles pool, like his brother. They could go anywhere and do anything. They drove 1,000 miles for an Ozzy show, two days for a Jayhawks game. And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word. It never occurred to them that, sure, maybe they never really had a roof and four walls but they were never in fact homeless"

Monica could taste blood in her mouth and groaned , pushing her body into a sitting position. Her blood was on Lucifer's knuckles and he crouched down in front of her.
"Now...that was fun, wasn't it?" he asked, his voice full of menace. She looked away, spitting out blood. She was certain her wrist was sprained and that she'd broken a rib when Lucifer kicked her. Winching she rose to her feet.
"I am not helping you. You can beat me all you like....you'll kill me before I help you" she said. He turned to her, raising a fist before he paused.
"I'd love to argue over what a waste your self-sacrifice would be but I'm running on a schedule and its showtime so let's go" he said, snapping his fingers.

Stull Cemetery, Lawrence Kansas:

Monica knew where they were immediately. She'd had the same dream over and over again over the past couple of days. Just her, standing in the cemetery full of dead loved ones, Sam and Dean dead at her feet. She shook her head and leant against a tombstone. Every breath only caused pain and she was certain Lucifer had only did it to make her weak. She remembered Leah's words, that pain clouded her. Closing her eyes, she breathed shallowly blocking out everything and trying to focus.

"Now isn't the time for meditation" Lucifer taunted. She didn't look up as she started counting down the minutes. Suddenly the sound of wings brings her to her feet.
"Its good to see you Michael" Lucifer said, walking up to him. Monica saw Michael glance at her before looking at his brother.
"You too...It's been too long. Can you believe its finally here?" he asked. Lucifer shook his head.

"Are you ready?" Michael said to both of them. Monica looked away, because she knew that Lucifer wanted her to make sure Michael or Sam didn't interfere.
"Why do we have to do this? I know you don't want to!" Lucifer said, changing his tone. Michael looked at him in slight anger.

"Oh you know why! I have no choice after everything you did" Michael sneered. Monica stepped forward but Lucifer stooped her, rooting her to the spot.
"So its my fault? We have to kill each other. And for what? One of Dad's tests. And we don't even know the answer....We're brothers, lets just walk off the chessboard" he said. She knew he wanted Michael weak, and pretending he wanted reconciliation was one way to do it.
"What, you think I'm going to rebel? Now? I'm not like you....You know you haven't changed one bit, little brother. Always blaming everybody but yourself. We were together, we were happy. But you betrayed me – all of us – and you made our father leave." Michael pointed out.

Monica could feel Lucifer's block on her slip slightly. She closed her eyes, straining to reach Sam inside; to help him.

"You're a monster Lucifer, and that's why I have to kill you" Michael finished, standing strong in front of Lucifer. She clenched her fists as the two angels prepared to fight, beads of sweat forming on her forehead until she couldn't. Dropping to her knees, she breathed deeply as she looked up. She could hear something , a familiar noise. Getting to her feet she saw a sleek black car cruising the bumpy dirt track towards them.

   🎶* Gunter, glieben, glauchen, globen! All right! I got something to say! Hey it's better to burn out! Yeah! Than fade awa-a-a-y all right oh! Gonna start a fire! *  🎶 

Monica watched in stunned silence along with Lucifer and Michael as Dean pulled up in front of them. As he got out she ran towards him, breaking free of Lucifer and pulled him into a hug. He hugged her back tightly.
"Dean, you can't...you have to go" she said trying to push him back to the car. He shook his head and took her hand.
"We can't leave Sam and you know it" he said before letting go of her hand. She stopped, glancing at the archangels before nodding and walking with Dean.
"Howdy, boys" Dean said casually. She met Lucifer's glare and Michael's blank expression.

"Sorry. Am I interrupting something?" Dean asked with the hint of a smile.

She watched Dean walked closer to Lucifer.
"Hey. We need to talk" he said. Lucifer looked down at Dean and smirked slightly.
"Dean. Even for you this is a whole mountain of stupid" he said smugly. Dean shook his head.
"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Sam" he insisted. Michael scoffed.
"You're no longer the vessel, Dean. You got no right to be here" he said. Monica looked at Michael, remembering how she heard Adam screams echo in her ears.
"Adam...." she tried but Michael only smiled.
"Adam isn't home right now" he said. 
"Well, then you're next on my list,buttercup. But right now, I need five minutes with him" Dean said, stubbornly ignoring the angels.

"You little maggot. You're no longer part of this story" Michael sneered.  Monica scowled and stepped forward, punching him hard in the face. He stumbled backwards with surprise.
"Hey assbut!" Castiel shouted (a/n OMG my favourite line...back to the story). Monica and Dean turned to see Castiel and Bobby behind them. She smiled at Castiel and ducked as Castiel threw the holy oil Molotov Cocktail at Michael. Engulfed in flames, she watched as Michael disappeared.
"Ass-butt?" Dean asked. Castiel shrugged as she chuckled.
"He'll be back - and upset- but you got your five minutes" he said. Monica smiled turning to Lucifer.
"Castiel...Did you just Molotov my brother with holy fire?" Lucifer asked. Monica looked fearfully to Castiel.
"Um...no" he tried. Lucifer shook his head.
"No one dicks with Michael but me" he sneered before snapping his fingers.

Monica screamed, jumping back as Castiel exploded. He'd helped her even though all the angels were against it. She hadn't even said thank you.
"Sammy, can you hear me?" Dean asked, his voice slightly shaky. Lucifer turned to him, his face showing rage.
"You know...I've tried to be nice.....For Sammy's sake. But you....are such a pain in my ass" he said, gripping the collar of Dean's jacket and pushing him into the windscreen of the car. Monica ran forward, winging at him. His head snapped back but he caught her arm, twisting it violently. She screamed as Dean grunted, getting up.
"I don't think Sam will be happy when he finds out his girl's dead, will he?" Lucifer said. But suddenly he let go as a shot was fired.

Bobby fired another shot at Lucifer but it didn't seem to affect him.
"Bobby, run. Please!" Monica shouted but it was too late. With a flick of Lucifer's wrist, Bobby's neck snapped and he crumpled to the floor.

"Nooo" Dean shouted lunging at Lucifer. But she got there quicker. Grabbing the bloodied angel blade she swiped at Lucifer. He ducked, but the edge of the knife caught on his leg, cutting it open. He grimaced before stopping short, turning and grabbing her injured hand. She involuntarily dropped the blade, Lucifer swiftly catching it.
"You could've achieved greatness....Now you'll just be another death in millions...I might got to your sister next...after I've finished with Dean" he said. She struggled, about to speak when he plunged the blade into her chest.

Dean's scream sounded muffled. All she could think about was bedroom, for some reason. As she fell to the ground, she thought of the night she left home. She hadn't cleaned her room. Had her mother left things as it was? Hoping she'd come back? Or was she really forgotten by everyone other than the Winchesters. She weirdly enough couldn't feel the pain anymore. There was this tugging feeling that she was needed. But all she wanted was this effortless, painless feeling. Her doubts unravelling before as she travelled further and further away from where she should be.

She needed to be somewhere, but for the life of her she couldn't remember. Words kept floating around her like a kaleidoscope.
"The girl was just standing next to Baby when I saw her"
"Me and Dean's number..."
"In case you need us"
"You're not weak, Monica"
"Powerful....more than I've ever known"

"Do you really want it? For it to be over?"
"Sorry,"

"S o r r y"

Suddenly everything was loud and screechy. Monica groaned as she rolled her body, pulling out the blade. She bit down on her lip to suppress a scream of agony.She was bleeding but not dead, thankfully. Not thinking how that could be she looked up to see Lucifer about to give the killing blow to Dean. His mind is open. She raised her hand, closing her eyes and embraced the sucking feeling.

Hundreds of memories flooded through her mind, emotions she didn't know Sam felt. She could feel his presence next to her but invisible. She could feel Lucifer raging inside Sam, trying to push back.

"Powerful...more than I've ever known"
She pushed back at Lucifer, knowing she was the stronger one. Keep fighting, Sam. Hit after hit, she fought to keep Lucifer back. One memory flashed bright in his mind, almost too bright. They were hunting, it was Dean helping Monica down the rocks towards the town where War had been. That was love she was seeing in Sam...for her. But longing too, and something else. Almost jealousy. She saw herself smiling at Dean before turning to Sam. A memory that felt like it had happened centuries ago.

"It's okay Dean. Monica...we got him. Its gonna be okay...both of you. I've got him. Monica, I've got him" he said talking to her directly. She paused before letting go. Her wound had closed up but she was still in agony. Looking up she saw Sam holding up the rings.
"Bvtmon tabges babalon." he said before throwing them on the ground. Her vision was blurred by tears as she nodded to him.
"It's okay Sam" she said, reassuring him. Sam glances back at Dean before stepping forward.
"Sam! It's not gonna end this way. Step back!" Michael said, appearing again.
"You're gonna have to make me!" Sam shouted. He looked back at Monica one last time.

"I have to fight my brother, Sam! Here and now. Its destiny" Michael shouted. Sam ignored him and turned to the opening of the cage. Just as Sam spread his arms, about to go Michael lunged forward.Monica sat up slightly watching in shock as both Michael and Sam disappeared. In a flash of light the opening closed up, leaving the rings glowing slightly before everything went back to normal. Castiel appeared next to her and touched her forehead. Looking down she saw her top was still blood stained but the pain had gone. She let him help her up before going to Dean. She looked at the space where Sam once was and breathed.

"Endings are hard.Any chapped-ass monkey with a keyboard can poop out a beginning, but endings are impossible. You try to tie up every loose end, but you never can. The fans are always gonna bitch. There's always gonna be holes. And since it's the ending, it's all supposed to add up to something. I'm telling you, they're a raging pain in the ass."

The sound of a car driving towards them brought her to her senses. She saw her backpack neatly placed at the foot of a tombstone and grabbed it before looking up.
"Monica!" Amber said, jumping out of the car just as it pulled up. She stood near Dean and watched as her sister ran towards her, grabbing her into a tight hug. She could feel her sister start to cry as she hugged her back. She would keep it together, Monica told herself.
"Amber, what are you-" she said before Amber looked at Dean and Castiel.
"These are the Winchesters you were talking about?" she asked. Monica looked down as Dean spoke.
"Winchester...I'm Dean. This is Cas.....he's just a friend" he said, holding out a hand. Amber didn't shake it.

"Where's the other one?" she asked Monica. Dean glanced at Monica and coughed.
"He's gone....Amber I need to speak with Dean quickly" she said. Amber looked at her for a while before touching her cheek.
"You've grown up" she said quietly before walking back to stand near the car. As soon as her sister was out of earshot, she hugged Dean.
"What do we do now?" she said into his shoulder. He pushed her back slightly and looked at her with a blank expression.
"You go with your sister" he stated simply. She stared at him in shock.
"Dean-"she started moving forward before he pushed her back again.
"Go, Monica! Get out of here. Go and live your happy, normal life.......Sam would've wanted it" he said, his voice breaking as he finished.

"I don't want to live that life without him. We can find a way to-" she started but Dean just shook his head and got into the Impala. She tried to open the door but he swiftly locked it.
"Open the door. Dean, open the door!" she shouted, pounding her fist against the glass. Suddenly arms pulled her back as the Impala jolted backwards. She watched as Dean swerved past Amber's car and drove off, her sister holding her back. Castiel had disappeared and she was alone.
"Come Monica, its okay" Amber said, putting an arm around her and taking Monica's backpack as they went to the car.

The drive home was in silence. Monica had no idea where Amber was currently living but she knew they were reaching the city.

"When we get home, I want you to tell me everything. From the beginning...I saw that man just disappear, I had to deal with crazy black eyed people just to get to you. Thank goodness that old man helped" Amber said.
"That was probably Bobby" she mumbled. Amber glanced at her but said nothing. Monica looked through her bag before her fingers brushed on a piece of paper. Bringing it out she looked at it to see the writing. It was one simple message from Sam:

I love you

And only then did Monica start to cry. Because she'd never gotten the chance to say those words to Sam.

Author's Note:

Wow. Double update btw! That was painful to write but I'm glade the Apocalypse is over. Monica will be more sassy after this...and possibly a little cold to the Winchesters??? Who knows! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 634 23
Your a 4 year old girl playing when all of a sudden your father gets killed by a unknown creature you are yet to discover at this young age. A man wi...
79.9K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...
5.1K 140 12
ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ? ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀɴ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ? ᴡᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ! ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴀᴛɪᴀɴ ᴠɪʀᴜs ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs ᴏᴜᴛ? ɪs ᴛʜᴇɪ...
122K 2.9K 30
Emily Becker's life flipped upside down on the evening of her 17th birthday. She was cursed as a baby with angel blood. Now getting ready to be taken...