Mr. Ceo & I

By dreannaxoxo16

Highest Ranking: # 15 in Romance on August, 5, 2018 Highest Ranking: #1 in CEO on December, 15,2018 Highest... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Please Read!!!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue
CHAOS

Chapter 30

241K 9.3K 5.5K
By dreannaxoxo16

Asher POV

Stacey and I were waiting outside of the enormous palace where the ball was held every year.

I knew I could go in, but I wanted to wait for Jason and Natalia because... I wanted too?

They should be arriving any minute because Jason just texted saying that they were on his way.

I wanted him to keep her company tonight and to watch over her. Sometimes business men can get a little frisky when they had too much to drink.

Stacey was my date, just like last year. However, she was honestly getting on my nerves already and the ball just began.

There was so many people filling in. Like groups of them. I wasn't worried about seats though because they were already assigned and my table had the best seating.

"Asher why do we have to stay out here in the cold?" she wined beside me.

"For the millionth time, I'm waiting for Jason!" I snapped at her.

"Jason will be fine! You already got him a date with that women N-"

"It's not a date!" I yelled interrupting her sentence.

She kind of looked shock of how defensive I got, So I just turned around looking at the road so I didn't have to be bothered with her.

But she was wrong it wasn't a date, I wouldn't allow it to be. I thought to myself. Because it was unprofessional especially him being my business partner,

As soon as I turned I seen my limo pull up into the roundabout that they had. It stopped dead in the center.

A few moments later Edward my limo guy went towards the back door and opened it. Jason came out first, and then he stopped holding out his hand for someone.

I saw a hand hold onto his, and then she stepped out... Natalia. She was so beautiful.

She was smiling and looking around. While her hair was blowing in the wind. Her dress fitted her perfectly in all the right places.

And her skin tone brought the color of the dress out also. She was breath taking. I didn't realize that they approached us until Jason came up and gave me a bro hug.

"Hey, man"

"Hey" I said returning his hug.

He went to Stacey giving her a kiss on the cheek. I took this time to look at Natalia.

She returned my gaze and smiled a little.

"Natalia" I said nodding my head in formal greeting.

"Asher" She responded with the same greeting.

We had to act like this, no one knew she lived with me not even Jason. So, we had to do it for everyone else.

Natalia turned her gaze towards Stacey who was giving her a disgusted look already.

However, Natalia gave her the same look as well. They were staring at each other with pure hatred.

While me and Jason stepped back just looking at them not getting involved. Jason turned to me speaking.

"My money's on Natalia!" He whispered excitedly.

I rolled my eyes at his comment. Leave it to him to make a joke about something like this.

Jason cleared his throat which snapped them both out of it.

"Should we go in?" He asked Natalia

However, he didn't really get to say anything else until Natalia stomped in the ball with him trailing behind.

Well she was mad. I grabbed Stacey with my hand and walked behind them.

I looked at Natalia, and I couldn't help looking at the way she walked in that dress and those heels...

However, I looked up, and I saw their arms intertwined together. I felt anger pulse inside me. I started clenching my fists.

"Babe you’re hurting me." I heard from beside me.

I realized that I was still holding Stacey's hand. So, I unclenched her hand and started walking to my table.

It looked good like always everything was decorated in classic colors like black, and red. There was Chandler's hanging from the celling lighting the ballroom floor.

There was a stage where the awards, and band were located. It will also be the place where they presented the awards this evening.

There were white tables everywhere circling around the whole place. There were so many people here. Probably close to 400.

Noise started buzzing in the room. I sat down to my assigned seat with Stacey following behind me sitting directly beside me.

Shortly after, Natalia and Jason came sitting on the other side of the table towards us.

After everyone was seated, there was a glass chiming in the microphone. I saw Mr. Ray standing there with a bright smile on his face.

The room got quiet and listened to him speak.

"Hello, everyone Welcome to The Fourth Annual Ball!" He said excitedly. The audience clapped in response.

"I'm so glad to host another year. This evening is the time to socialize, dine, and to recognize the companies that have been successful for all these years. So please at all cost enjoy the celebration!" He finished the introduction by smiling and stepping off the stage.

I looked at Stacey, and she had a proud look on her face because that was her Dad. I rolled my eyes and scoffed at her reaction.

I heard a little laugh from Natalia. She seen my irritated look towards Stacey. I smirked at her and she rolled her eyes looking at the food that was getting passed around. At least I got somewhat attention from her.

Even though I was confused of why I wanted it in the first place?

*******

We were done with eating, and the awards. So, it was now the couples dancing or people just socializing near their tables.

I obviously won most of the awards. Best CEO, Best Company, Best Ratings, basically BEST everything.

I was actually pretty glad I won them. It never hurts to be reminded of how far you came, and for people to acknowledge that.

However, every time I got an award Stacey would place a kiss on my lips for everyone to see especially Natalia.

She would always turn around placing a smug smirk on her face towards her. Natalia wouldn't do anything but roll her eyes.

However, the last time that she was trying to plant one on me Natalia spoke up which was kind of surprising.

"We get it, you’re together. You don't have to keep planting kisses on him every time he gets an award. It's draining!" She snapped and went back to listening to the awards.

It was kind of funny because all of a sudden, she snapped. But it kind of gave me a good feeling inside.

Because not only did she tell Stacey to stop being annoying, but she looked annoyed at her kissing me.

After that I kept on staring at Natalia through the night even when she didn't return it.

I honestly couldn't keep my eyes off her. However, she was always entertained by Jason.

Right now, I was dancing with Stacey, but right across form me I saw Jason and Natalia doing the same.

I was so distracted by his hands on her waist that I was missing steps with Stacey.

"Asher what's wrong with you? You have been distant all night! You can't even dance properly with me!" She yelled at me.

I couldn't really say anything So I just shrugged looking at her. She shook her head and put her hands in the air stomping away towards our table.

I looked at her for second but then my eyes caught Natalia again. She was still dancing with Jason.

I couldn't take this. I need to be near here or spend time with her tonight even if it was just dancing or having our little bickering arguments.

I stomped my way towards them determined, and stopped right in front of them. Jason recognize my presence instantly.

"Hey man how's it going?" He said separating from Natalia.

"Good, do you mind if I steal Natalia for a second for a song or two?" I said asking.

I really wasn't staring at him but Natalia when I asked the question. However, she kept her gaze down not meeting my eyes.

"It's all up to her man"

I was going to dance with her one way or another but I was waiting for her to answer just to be polite.

She looked up at me for a while until she hesitantly nodded. I took Jason place on the dance floor next to her. I grabbed her waist, and put her arm around my neck, and slowly intertwined our fingers together.

She first stiffened under my touch. But as we begin dancing she relaxed into it. Her body felt good in mine.

She melted so perfectly in me. However, she kept her face down.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" I asked her.

"There's no need to were only doing a song or two" She said with harshness in her voice.

Why was she mad? I asked myself

"What's wrong with you!" I raised my voice a little.

"Nothing!"

"Stop lying to me." I stated firmly.

"I'm not." She muttered.

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Fine forget it I'm not going to argue with you." I said.

After a while we fell into an awkward silence until I caught her smiling. She was just in a grumpy mood five seconds ago.

"Why are you smiling?"

She finally looked up into my eyes, with the smile still place onto her lips.

"Nothing, it's just that arguing is the only thing that were good at when it comes to us.." She said laughing a little.

I also chuckled a little seeing that she was right about that.

"No, I think there's. another person that you’re good with arguing with also." I said looking down at her.

"Who?" She asked confused.

"Stacey" I said shrugging.

She rolled her eyes at this comment.

"I don't have the time to argue with her" she said irritated.

"Why don't you like her?" I asked genuinely.

"The same reason why no one else does. She's rude, throws insults, and always has an attitude"

"Well, I sometimes act the same way" I said flatly.

"I know how can I forget." She muttered sarcastically.

"But you like me"

"And how do you know I like you?" She said challengingly.

"Well you haven't said otherwise" I said smirking at her.

She chuckled and breath in looking up at me with her milky brown eyes.

"It's different with you, it’s like I can never get enough of our back and forth" She said.

That sentence stirred something up in me. I kept on gazing in her eyes trying to read what she meant by it. However, I just kept on staring at her features and getting lost in them.

The clapping of others around us when the song ended interrupted our gaze, and we pulled away immediately clapping with them.

I was going to turn to her and say something but she walked away. I looked at her body retreat into the big crowd, where eventually I couldn’t see her anymore leaving me on the ballroom dance floor.

Alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 1.3K 24
After one hot and thrilling summer, a decision had to be made, hearts were broken, and tears were shed. Almost five years after the ex-lovers run in...
4.9M 220K 43
[COMPLETED] "One night." I whisper breathlessly as he begins to unbutton my blouse. "That's not going to be enough for me, baby. I need you longer t...
625K 19.5K 87
Elara Suave has been working at Moldovan Industries for years but, now it's time for Mr. Moldovan to step down and let his son take over. When Elara...
9.3M 334K 46
[COMPLETED] Ava Spencer, a young woman struggling to find a job and pay off her student debt decides to become a babysitter to the daughter of single...