Past Memories

Af ThatTeenageMess

"Don't speak of Bradley Isaac the Great." I pulled a disgusted face, "You named it ?" "The initials spell B.I... Mere

Past Memories//Prologue
One • Square in the Jaw✔️
Bag Full of Pink Substances
Going for the Kill
Smiling Sweetly
Knuckles Turning White
Together, How Sweet
Bradley Isaac the Great
Well, Well, Well
Thinking Too Much About Mason
He Was Going to be the Victim
Well That Was Smart
Do I Make You Nervous?
That's a Keeper
She's Human
My Luna Will Not Fight
Wave of Pain
That's Rich Coming From an Alpha
Three Days
Is that Jealousy I Hear?
Both in Denial
I Know Exactly What You Mean
Wolf Control
I'll Kiss You
Spirits of the Past
That isn't an Excuse
I Don't Belong to Anyone
Don't Let a Tomboy Drive
Where's Mason?
Reject Me
Don't Stop Him
Becoming Such a Girl
A Gamma to Deal With
A Harder Target to Train With
Already Found a Weakness
Don't Want to Fight Her
You Hate Hybrids
Used To And Still Does
We Don't Get That
Couldn't Take it Anymore
Disappearing
Excidium Control
Latin for the Word...
Watch Him Burn
Would Kill Her
Fists Against the Glass
Limited Time
Only Chance We've Got
Ready to Fight
Hushabye Mountain

Past the Goal Line

1.2K 52 4
Af ThatTeenageMess

Tomboy of the Pack
[Song: Kids- OneRepublic ]

Chapter Fourteen

Rae's POV

I was awakened by the sweet smell of pancakes that flooded into my nose. My head was pounding- one too many drinks. My eyes glazed around the room, looking at my friends. Lacey was sprawled out on the big sofa whilst Leo and Josh were on the floor... hugging? I suppressed a laugh before reaching for my phone on the table in front and snapping a picture. Jace was nowhere to be seen, neither was-

Hot breath blew on my neck, making me tense. Turning around, I came face to face with Mason. His arm was above my head while his other one was wrapped around my waist, holding me close.

'How long did it take you to figure that out?' Raven snickered. I trailed my finger down his face before flicking his nose. Grunting, one of his golden eyes opened, looking at me.

*The six year old me ran over to Mason on the sofa. He was peacefully sleeping. I sat on my knees, resting my tilted head on my arms on the sofa before poking his nose. He grunted before opening his golden orbs. I grinned before I was scooped up into his hold and tickled.*

Frowning at the memory, I turned my attention back to Mason who was watching me. I pointed behind me to where Leo and Josh were, watching as Mason smirked, a small chuckle coming out. Slowly, they woke up, complaining at how their heads hurt.

"Mm, what's that smell?" Lacey mumbled, sniffing.

"Pancakes!" Josh and Leo shouted. I ran from Mason's grip and up the basement stairs. I can smell the wonderful taste of strawberries and chocolate spread! Something was suddenly shot on me, making me freeze. Opening my eyes, I glared at Jace who had let go of the water balloon that had water and flour in it. Mason was the first to laugh. Spinning around, he immediately shut up, but a grin made its way onto his face before everyone was laughing. I sprinted to Jace, dragging my mucky hands down his shirt.

"Unlucky mate." Mason chuckled.

"Oh don't worry." I smirked, rushing over to him. Mason's eyes widened before he ran around the kitchen island. Using my Nano Blood speed, I rushed over the side, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso, covering him in the substance. He lost his balance, falling over with me on top.

Everyone was laughing.

-------------------------------------------

I ran into the changing rooms, getting ready for the football tryouts. I pulled off my clothes and slipping in some shorts, a sports bra and Chelsea football top. I hooked my Nike rucksack over my shoulder before walking out to back door to the pitch.

My teammates were all standing around, including Josh, Jace and Mason. I was the only girl on the team, but I had earned my way into it. Coach was awesome. Mr Hama had trained me since I was nine, even before I came to secondary, he used to teach at my primary.

Mason and Jace ran up to me as I threw my bag on the ground.

"You made it" Jace said, fist bumping me.

I scoffed, "I wouldn't miss this!"

"She wouldn't leave me alone anyway." Mason grinned smugly. I punched him, rolling my eyes.

"Okay team!" Coach yelled, calling us all over. We all stood in a circle around him. Leaning against one leg, I crossed my arms, listening to Mr Hama, "We have three weeks after the holidays until the tournaments start. We will be up against Lipson, so we want to win."

Lipson was basically our school's enemy, not to mention that human jerk called Michal who tried to hit on me.

"We can beat them." I snorted.

Coach shook his head at me, "I had Kieran sneak over and video their training, they've gotten better." He handed me the phone as we watched Lipson smoothly passing the ball to one another. Mr Hama was right- they had gotten better. Michal kicked the ball at full force into the corner of the net. Shivering at the hot breath against my neck in the cold, I spun around to see Mason frowning at the video.

"They will have mistakes somewhere." He muttered. Coach nodded before taking his iPhone back.

"Correct. I'm going to send you all this video, I want you all to watch it over and try to pick up any mistakes." The team nodded, "Okay! Fifteen laps warm up."

'And the game begins.' Raven murmured.

-------------------------- 

Beads of sweat dropped from my forehead as I tackled Josh. I glided with the ball across the pitch, as the other team surrounded me. The score was 2-2 and it was the last minute. It was about five and everyone was on the edge of exhaustion. Somewhere in the game, I had gotten too hot and threw my top by my rucksack, gaining some wolf whistles but I flagged them the finger and they chuckled, carrying on.

"Rae!" I hear a call, and kick it over their heads towards Mason who stormed forwards to meet it. Dodging an attacker, Mason hurtled forward, getting closer to the opposite team's goal. He went to shoot but the opposing team got in front of him and he quickly changed his tactic. He kicked up to ball, it moving quickly through the air. I stared at it, sprinting as fast as I could with humans around, before jumping. With the help of one of my teammates, I kept myself up, knocking the ball forward with my head and down, past the goal line.

"GOAL!" Coach cheered, blowing the whistle three long times.

I plonked myself on the ground, a smile plastered on my face as I closed my eyes, resting an arm over the top. Hands came and gripped my waist, hauling me up onto someone's shoulder.

"Go Rae!" Mason cheered, jogging me up on his shoulder.

"That was a good shot!" Our goalkeeper, Kieran muttered, shaking my hand.

"Good goalkeeping. Make sure to keep an eye on the ball as well as the scorer's eyes." I reminded him as Mason put me down on my feet. Kieran nodded before walking off to his girlfriend.

"Well scored, Rae. I want more like that in the tournaments." Coach spoke before talking to the rest of us. "Remember to look over that footage. Any mistakes or mishaps you can find, come straight to me." He dismissed us.

------------------------

[Song: Just Like Fire- P!NK ]

'Just like fire, burning out that way. If I can light the world up for just one day. Watch this madness, colourful charade. No one can be just like me anyway.' I sang the lyrics to a good song, Just Like Fire by P!NK as I stepped out the shower, draping a towel around my body.

'Just like magic, I'll be flying free. I'mma disappear when they come for me. I kick that ceiling, whatcha gonna say? No one can be just like me anyway.' I pulled on my undergarments before walking out the bathroom.

'Just like- HOLY SHIT!" I jumped in surprise, banging my head against the wall as I saw Mason's figure leaning against the window. His dark eyes met mine, anger flowing through them. "Uh, Mas?" I asked, pulling a large top over my body. Pushing my hair back, I walked over to him, watching his eyes watch me.

He didn't say anything as I stepped closer, closing the distance to look through his eyes. So unfocused, restless. Like he was trying to figure something out but didn't know how. His hands clenched and unclenched, claws slowly retracting as they reached for me, pulling me into him. Inhaling my scent, his breathing relaxed and his heart rate decreased.

"Mas?"

His body tensed as he pulled away from me, still frowning. "Do you remember Blake?" I shook my head. "Not even in the flash backs you've been seeing?" Once again I shook my head. Mason sighed, running a hand through his dark locks, "If you ever do, or ever meet someone called Blake, come to me as soon as you can."

"Why?"

"I can't tell you."

Growling, I stepped up on my windowsill and looked down. We were on the third story of the building, I could easily injure myself. "Why?" I sneered with more venom laced in my words. I could see Mason tense before gripping my hand and pulling me back into his chest. This actions calmed me, like it could control me, why?

"I can't tell you yet. You need to figure it out for yourself otherwise it causes you more pain." He spoke before whispering, "Like other things I can't tell you."

"What other things?"

"Shit" he must have wanted that to be quieter than it was; not wanting me to hear it. But my hearing was strengthened because of my blood type. "Nothing." He muttered.

I shoved him away, "Whatever." I hated being left in the dark but I can't question my Alpha, even if he is my age. I'm surprised he hasn't locked me in the pack prisons with what I cause at school.

-----------------------

My feet carried me through the dense forest, ticking up dirt as I moved forward. Everything was irritating me. From lies, betrayal, not being able to trust anyone. Why couldn't I know what all these secrets were? Why couldn't I be out of the dark, understanding everything? Everyone was messing with my mind, I didn't even know whether to trust them anymore, even Leo and he's my brother. Raven howled out in betrayal, continuing to tear through the forest.

*"I can't tell you" thirteen year old Mason spoke.

"Why! Why can't I know? What are you keeping from me!" I cried, tears streaming down my face.

"I just... can't."*

~~

*I ran after Mason, my weak ten year old wolf form struggling to keep up with his quick pace. I growled, angry that he wouldn't stop.

'Where are you going! You just saved my life, now you want to run!' I snapped through the link.

'I can't be near you. Everyone I go near gets hurt.'

'Mason! Please!' I cried, pouncing on his moving body, only to tumble to the floor. Mason looked back before curling his body around me quickly before running off, away from me as I cried.*

My wolf was whining loudly, anyone in a mile's distance could feel the sadness radiating through me. Too many memories, things I don't remember. It confuses me to if Mason is a good person or a bad one. He's hurt me so much, yet I always feel safe around him. He's ignored me so much, yet I trust him. What's wrong with me? Why am I feeling like this?

Anger pumped around my veins, my orbs glowing in frustration. An fierce growl rumbled from my chest before I inhaled the air, catching a whiff of a deer. Sneaking beside a tree, I crouched on my feet, circling around until I reached the sight of my dinner. This ought to be fun.

----------------------------------------

[Song: Love This Town- Dizzy Rascal ]

Grabbing the wrist of my best friend, I dragged her towards the changing rooms. It was the end of the school day, the last day of term. I had planned for this day for ages. All the equipment was in my rucksack and the water and dye was prepared.

I grinned towards Lacey. "Why do I not like the smirk you have?" she asked, like she knew something bad was going to happen.

Mason, Jace, Josh and Leo were going to walk out the back way of school through the boys changing rooms, and this was the perfect time. I needed to get them all back. Each and every one of them was keeping a secret from me, I just need to let loose for a bit. Opening my bag, I revealed the multi-coloured water bombs in my bag that had miraculously survived through the day.

Lacey's eyes widened, "Is that-" I nodded, "For-" I nodded more eagerly, a sly smirk printing on my face. Lacey grinned- ah, partners in crime. We quickly rushed through the halls and to the back of school, hiding behind a bush with Alexis. I told her this morning and she met us here.

"You ready for the run of your life?" she asked, grabbing a few bombs.

"Uh, Rae- whats in these?" Lacey asked as she inhaled the air.

I shrugged, "Just a bit of water, bit of flour and... a bit of dye." I smirked as I glanced at them. Lacey chuckled.

"You're going to be killed!"

"What can she say, she is the risk taker!" Alexis spoke before running to another bush close by.

The doors to the boy's changing room opened and the guys flooded out. They had all come back from their Medal Premium, a time when a select few go to gather awards for participating in clubs, tournaments and championships. All schools were invited. Finally the people we've been waiting for emerged from the changing rooms, smiling and cheering. Each of them had shiny medals- all of which were about to get blasted.

I looked to Alexis and Lacey, 'Three' I whispered into the mindlink, watching the boys get closer.

'Two' Alexis grinned.

'One' Lacey grabbed a water bomb from the ground. Closer. Closer...

'FIRE!'

Our arms shot forwards, water bombs flew through the air until they landed, blasting their substance on the guys. A few shrieks were heard, but we were partially oblivious to this as we kept up the throwing. My laugh erupted through the air, reaching the ears of the multi-coloured boys as they glared. Mason's eyes darkened as an evil smirk pried on his lips.

My eyes widened, "RUN!" I yelled, grabbing my now empty Nike bag, sprinting off into the forest. Once I was out of sight for humans, I shifted into my grey wolf, hiding my backpack in a hollow tree. The adrenalin punched through my bones, more enjoyment and speed rushing to me. Raven's howl of victory pierced the air as we took off further, trying to ignore the growl that followed my excitement. It wasn't a nasty growl- more of a playful kind.

Laughing through the link, I rushed deeper into the forest, closer towards the Alpha's house. It would be my only escape root and even then it probably wouldn't save me from Mason. I neared the house, the wood architecture coming into view.

But all my hopes of escaping were ruined once a very large and very heavy furry coat pounced on my small frame, knocking me to the ground and climbing over me. Rolling onto my back, I looked up to the heaving figure of Mason. His intense glare was enough to put anyone in their place; but not me. I was Rae Lewis- an impossibility to be taught who's boss!

Mason pinned me down as he growled lowly, a wolfy grin plastered on his face. I wasn't afraid of him, I knew he wouldn't hurt me and even if he did- I could at least take him to get away. His snout moved down towards my neck, a long lick followed. I couldn't help the shiver of pleasure that went through my body as he did that.

'Hmm, what do we have here?' he asked through the link.

'No' I mumbled, but Raven had made my head tilt to give him more access. 'S-Stop'

'Nope' I could hear the grin that inherited his words, knowing he wouldn't stop. A small nibble came on my neck, making me whine lowly. I was completely immobilized as I let Mason carry on. His weight was released from me as his paws arrived at either side of me, caging my small form under his. A snap was heard, and we looked up to find Emerald smirking at us with a camera. Quickly, I wriggled from under his wolf, my shaky legs barely able to keep me up as I shifted and sprinted into the house.

A low growl roared from Mason, and his presence was behind me. Spinning around, I came face to face with Mason as he backed me up to the wall behind. My hands planted themselves against the wall as I took in Mason's appearance. A bright pink dust patch was on his head and a few other colours were scattered around his body. I suppressed a laugh as I saw Mason's glare harden slightly playfully.

"You find this funny?"

I couldn't help it anymore. My laughs echoed through the room as I balled over, clutching my stomach. Mason's hands grabbed my shoulders, pushing me against the wall. Grinning, I leaned closer to him, watching his figure tense as I breathed against his ear, "I think you need a shower" I whispered.

Moving away, Mason shook his head before leaving me alone. Chuckling to myself, I walked through the house and to my given room, slumping down on the bed.

Mason crossed my mind. What's with it with him? He's always around me, always protecting me. Something about Mason wants me to be around him, be with him. But I couldn't. The Moon Goddess pairs us with a person who understands us and will always be there for us. For all I know, my mate could be right in front of my face

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

28.3K 471 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
138K 6.1K 23
For Mason, not only must he deal with finding his mate. But add into the mix, an ex-lover, an abused mate, who suffers from memory loss. How can he p...
8.4K 139 28
Ryder Romano. He's a thirteen-year-old werewolf who is next in line to be Alpha. His dad, the current Alpha, gets notified that two new people will b...
148K 4.7K 34
She vowed never to accept him no matter what fate had in store. He was not supposed be her mate, he was her enemy. She thought that he would turn out...