Past Memories

By ThatTeenageMess

"Don't speak of Bradley Isaac the Great." I pulled a disgusted face, "You named it ?" "The initials spell B.I... More

Past Memories//Prologue
One โ€ข Square in the Jawโœ”๏ธ
Bag Full of Pink Substances
Going for the Kill
Smiling Sweetly
Knuckles Turning White
Together, How Sweet
Bradley Isaac the Great
Well, Well, Well
Thinking Too Much About Mason
He Was Going to be the Victim
Well That Was Smart
That's a Keeper
Past the Goal Line
She's Human
My Luna Will Not Fight
Wave of Pain
That's Rich Coming From an Alpha
Three Days
Is that Jealousy I Hear?
Both in Denial
I Know Exactly What You Mean
Wolf Control
I'll Kiss You
Spirits of the Past
That isn't an Excuse
I Don't Belong to Anyone
Don't Let a Tomboy Drive
Where's Mason?
Reject Me
Don't Stop Him
Becoming Such a Girl
A Gamma to Deal With
A Harder Target to Train With
Already Found a Weakness
Don't Want to Fight Her
You Hate Hybrids
Used To And Still Does
We Don't Get That
Couldn't Take it Anymore
Disappearing
Excidium Control
Latin for the Word...
Watch Him Burn
Would Kill Her
Fists Against the Glass
Limited Time
Only Chance We've Got
Ready to Fight
Hushabye Mountain

Do I Make You Nervous?

1.2K 57 3
By ThatTeenageMess

Tomboy of the Pack
Song: Roses- The Chainsmokers

Chapter Twelve

Rae's POV

My mouth gaped open as I stared out on the edge of the cliff. So Leo and the gang decided to bring Mason and I cliff jumping. It was at least twenty five feet up, and the waves weren't particularly calm. I had never done this before, but apparently, everyone else had. Lacey and Jace were the first to jump. They stripped into their swim stuff before diving over. Gulping, I stepped back, watching Alexis, Josh, Jayni and Benji jump as well.

"Come on, Rae!" Alexis voice called.

I kept stepping back until I hit something hard. Spinning around, I saw Mason smirking at me.

"You've never been cliff jumping before?" he asked. I shook my head, my heart racing a mile a minute. "Come on."

I shakily undressed, leaving me in the swimming costume that Lacey gave me, seems as she threw the other one or hid it somewhere. Mason grinned, walking back over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me close.

"I got you, Rae"

*"I won't let you go Rae, ever" ten year old Mason muttered to me, holding me close. He hid my face from the scene of destruction he had just caused to save me.*

Nodding, I held his arms as he walked us to the edge of the cliff.

"On three?"

I nodded again, looking at everyone as they watched Mason and I, smirking like they knew something I didn't. "Three."

The wind seemed to pick up, that or it was just my heart rate. "Two" I held Mason like my life depended on it. "One" My eyes tightly shut.

The air suddenly felt like I was flying, my stomach doing flips until my body hit something cold and the water swallowed me. The adrenaline was kicking at me, making excitement run through my body. I resurfaced, cheering as Mason held onto my waist.

"That was so awesome!" I yelled, holding onto Mason's shoulders. "Let's do it again!"

"Yup, they definitely want each other." A smug comment from Jace made me splash water at him. I removed myself from Mason's hold, immediately becoming colder.

The gang laughed before we went up for another round.

------------------------------------------

I quickly rubbed my hair with a towel before throwing myself on my plush bedding. We returned around half an hour ago, it was eight and even now the energy was drained out of me. I switched on my TV, watching Two and a Half Men until my door opened and a fresh Mason came in. His hair was stuck up in random directions, making his 'bad boy' ego even higher. Even though he had a shirt on, you could just see his muscles under the thin, white fabric. His boxers were dangerously low on his hips.

"See something you like?" Mason smirked. I rolled my eyes as I looked away, concentrating on the TV- such a big ego. I stiffened as he crawled under the covers with me and watched TV, but I could see the amusement in his eyes. "Do I make you nervous, Skater Girl?" he asked, his voice soft and quiet, in a way I didn't like.

I moved away slightly, bringing my legs up to my chin. Mason moved closer, his arms going around my body. I pushed him until he flipped us so he was hovering over me. I looked at him, curiosity and amusement written in his face. A small smirk appeared on his lips if it wasn't already faintly there. "I do make you nervous."

I shook my head, "N-No you don't." Fuck my voice.

He grinned even more. "Yes I do. First your heart rate increases, then you stutter." I tried to push him again until he moved my hand and pinned them above my head. Why was he so damn heavy? That or I was weak. "Have you ever kissed anyone?" he whispered, his face moving closer.

"No, and I don't plan to." I said, even though I subconsciously licked my lips and looked at Mason's.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because I'm saving my first everything for my mate."

"What, your lips, your body, your vir-"

"Everything" I muttered, stopping him from continuing his sentence, but a grin made its way onto my face.

"Let's make a deal." Mason had that playfully evil smirk on his face that meant trouble.

"Another one? You already have one from when you continued tickling me until I said you could do anything." I sighed.

"I'll use that for this." He grinned.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked, tugging my hands from his and pushed at his chest to sit up.

"Tomorrow evening, I'll set up a new Instagram account. If I get less than 30k followers within that hour, you win." He said.

"Win what?"

"Whatever. If you win, I'll do something to Kayla, like reject her in front of the whole school."

"That would be awesome." I chuckled, "But what if you win?"

Mason's eyes lit up in amusement and a smirk plastered his face, "I get to kiss you."

I pursed my lips. I really wanted someone to show Kayla up during school, but to risk it for my first kiss, was it really worth it? I've never lost a bet before. Oh what the heck. It's not like he's was going to get 30k in an hour of being on Instagram.

I stuck my hand out, "Game on, Alpha" Mason smirked even more and shook my hand.

-----------------------

It was morning, and everyone was at school and in their lessons. Mason wasn't at school because he had a meeting to attend to but he said he would still do the bet. My phone went off. Looking up to the teacher, I saw her exit the room, before taking out my phone.

Jerk:

>>You sure you still want to do this bet? ;)

<<Yup, I ain't losing!

>>You say that now.

<<I won't lose, Alpha :)

>>Mmhm

Rolling my eyes, I typed my response until my phone was snatched off me. My eyes widened until I realised it was Lacey. She read through the conversation before raising an eyebrow. Josh was sat next to her, scanning through before making the same gesture- they are so siblings.

"What bet?"

"A bet if he get less than 30k followers on Instagram before an hour, he'll reject Kayla in front of the school." I said, grabbing my phone back.

"And if you lose?"

I grimaced, "I have to kiss him". I shivered.

Josh and Lacey shared a look before grinning. "Good luck to you" she laughed.

"Thanks, gonna need it" I muttered.

----------

Detention wasn't too bad. Leo was staring around the classroom, taking in the newness of it all. Well, it was fine until Mason walked into the room. I gave him a questioning look. 'I thought you were at a pack meeting?' I asked in the link of Leo, Mason and I.

'Yeah?' Leo added.

'I was, but Dad made sure I didn't miss this.' Mason rolled his eyes sarcastically before grinning at me, 'You ready for tomorrow's bet?'

I scoffed, 'Not really.'

'Wait,' Leo intervened, 'What bet?'

'If he gets less than 30k followers on Instagram before an hour, he'll reject Kayla in front of the school' I said.

Mason chuckled in the link, 'But don't forget the most important thing, tomboy'

'What most important thing?' Leo asked curiously.

Mason grinned, 'If I win, I kiss your sister's innocent sweet lips.'

'Sweet?' I raised an eyebrow. Leo made a barfing sound in the mindlink.

'You're fresh.' Mason spoke through the link, sending a wink my way.

'Unlike you then' I hissed, blocking them out. I knew they were still mindlinking because their eyes were unfocused and glazed over. I didn't want to kiss Mason. I mean, he made me feel safe and protected, like an Alpha should. I've been getting these flashbacks of him looking after me, caring for me, always being around me. Maybe I did like him. But no, I can't, can I? It would make me no different to any other girl in this school that fell at his feet- I'm just harder to get. I will never be one of them huggy, kissy, touchy people. But when I'm around him, it's not just the Alpha safety I feel- it's something else.

"You can go" The teacher said. I practically ran out, rushing towards locker that had my Penny Board inside. I'm walking today, haven't skateboarded for a while. I plugged my earphones in, playing Halcyon by Ellie Goulding.

The boys had gone home by car, so I was alone to gather my thoughts.

I was almost back to Mason's when it felt as though something, or rather someone, was watching me. I picked up my skateboard, and turning around. There was no one there but everything seemed darker. The streets were quiet, too quiet. My mind was racing with 'what ifs' and Raven was on high alert. A dark shadow suddenly whooshed past, creating a blind spot until I was knocked over. I landed in a crouch position, my head shooting up to look around.

A hand suddenly wrapped around my mouth and arms, dragging me somewhere. "He's coming!" the person growled. "He wants the gem. Where is it?" I was slammed into a tree, my vision becoming hazy. The dark shadow was a man. His face covered by a long hood, his only dark feature I could see was his mouth that held fangs.

'Vampire' Raven snapped, ready for attack.

"Where's the fucking gem?"

"What gem! I don't know what you're talking about!" I yelled. A fist came towards me, and because of my hazy vision, I didn't see it until my eyesight was blurred even more.

"I want the fucking gem! Tell me where you hid it!" he said as he kept punching me.

*The elder man kept beating me, there was only one person I knew I needed.

"MASON!"*

I forced the tears back, but I couldn't feel the pain. I only concentrated on the memories that were flooding into my mind.

*The eight year me was trapped, three big wolves surrounding me. I wanted to be stronger. Needed to be. One attack, forcing his teeth into my arm. A scream erupted from me, along with a name I knew all too well, "MASON!"*

~~

*"I'm so weak" I muttered to Mason as he cradled a six year old me.

"You're not."

"I AM, I always call for you. I want to be tougher." Mason's chuckle vibrated through my body.

"You're the strongest girl I've ever met."*

So many visions, it only led me to say one name. The vampire had tugged me along somewhere with him, that's when I started struggling. His hand wrapped around my mouth, not even Raven's werewolf strength could help me. He must be a senior vampire.

*The thirteen year old me was surrounded by four other wolves. I was stronger than before, I could take them. I attack one, scraping my paw across his face. He snarled, the rest attacking me. Stupid little me.

'MASON!' I cried through the mindlink.*

I was only half a mile or so from the pack house, he would hear me, right? I gripped the vampire's fists weakly, before he dragged it back. Something was lodged a needle into my neck, making me feel weaker by the second. What did he put in my system? Bitch injected me with some shit.

I bite the vampire's hand, making him drop me. "MASON!" I shout with my last bit of energy. My beaten body was held up, the man's arm around my neck, his teeth bared. I clawed against his arm, but it made no difference.

The air seemed to grow thicker as my mind began to go fuzzy; and not in a good way. The thud of paws echoed around me, the scent of Mason came to my nose. He heard me, he came! The black wolf looked at me in the unknown vampire's arms. Growling, he stepped forward, only to be told to stand back when the vampire dragged his fangs across my neck. I snarled lowly at this.

'Come on, Rae, you're stronger than this!' Mason snapped at me. It snapped something inside me. I was the Top Warrior, the Beta's daughter- not weak like this. Growling lowly, I slammed my head back, knocking the vampire off guard. I kept hitting him, kicking with all my might. I was so angry and watching the vampire fight back didn't help. My eyes turned black as I dug my hand through the vampire's neck, dislocating it from his body. Snarling, I threw it elsewhere, not wanting to look at anything that wanted information about a gem out of me. I stood looking at the floor, my fists clenched tightly.

Snapping bones was heard until Mason's presence was close. He moved towards me but I growled, making him take a step back. Good move. Mason lowered himself, as if he was bowing to me, before reaching an arm forward slightly.

"I'm here for you, Rae." He whispered. The anger inside me vanished as I broke, a sob escaping from me. Mason's arms wrapped around me as all the pain from the beating came back on me, and I collapsed in his arms, whatever the vampire injected into me taking a toll. He picked me up in a bridal hold and carried me to the pack house. I saw some warriors surrounding us, one with my Penny Board in their mouth. I leaned into Mason, tiredness wearing me out until my body went limp and darkness surrounded me.

Mason's POV

I stared at Rae, watching as her bruises slowly healed. She called for me? Like, actually shouted for me to save her? She hasn't done that since we were, I don't know, fourteen. 'She's slowly trusting us, this made her trust us even more.' Ace muttered, hugging Rae closer to me. Her presence was necessary to Ace and I. We wanted it, needed it. I couldn't lose her like I did before.

'That's because you pushed her away, idiot.' Ace snarled.

'I know, it was the worst mistake I ever made.'

The look on her little face when I pushed her away broke my heart. But I couldn't let her see that side of me; it would've scared her away for life. Her big eyes full of unshed tears as she ran to Leo. He would never forgive me for what I did to her, I knew that. The way her lips crumbled and rolled into her mouth to stop them from trembling. I sighed, never being able to remove the image from my mind.

I knew the vampire had inject something into her body, but her anger and the presence of myself was clearing it. But it wasn't just the needle that had caused her to blackout...

I reached home, walking into the house, ignoring my family who ran over, even Leo. Growling, I pushed my way up the stairs to my room; I just needed to be with her. I was her protector; I couldn't let her out of my sight until I knew she was safe. Her being in my room would conceal her scent from anyone. Her injuries weren't that bad, so she didn't need to go to the pack doctor.

Gently placing her under the covers of my bed, I walked out onto my roof balcony. The kitchen was underneath this. I climbed up the tree by the roof, I sat on the branch, watching as rain started to fall. It was a calm evening, until the event just happened. Just seeing Rae's innocent eyes laced in fear was enough to make my blood boil. Ace told her she could take him, told her she was stronger than him. But her eyes darkened and Raven awoke inside her- not a good side but at least she can control it, unlike me.

A hand was placed on my shoulder and I looked to find Rae climbing up next to me. Grabbing her small fingers, I hauled her up onto my lap, wrapping my arms around her. Tensing, Rae tried to pull away, but a low growl from Ace stopped her and she rested into me.

"Thank you." Rae's soft voice mumbled into my neck, making me tense. Her fingers traced the fabric at the bottom of my shirt. I watched her as she looked away, taking in the unshed tears that wrapped around the sadness in her eyes.

"For what?" I asked, watching her as she looked into my eyes.

"Coming when I needed you. I thought you wouldn't." Rae answered honestly.

"I would never let anyone hurt you." I told her, breathing in her scent.

"I'm weak." She said.

"No you're not." I mumbled into her hair. "You're the strongest person I've ever met."

Rae tensed before replying, "You told me that when I was eight." I chuckled, pulling her closer as we watched the rain through the trees. She was remembering; she was remembering everything from when we were kids. I knew it would be a matter of time before she realised who her mate was and I knew that it would mean more pain before she could finally be out of the confusion she's in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 41.5K 25
An alpha so violent he lost both his first and second chance mate because they couldn't handle him. His first mate ran away out of fear while the sec...
100K 2.2K 16
*Re-edited* Nathan, a not so normal werewolf gets bullied a lot. He is basically the laugh of the school and on top of that his parents barely care a...
366K 10.1K 32
Pain was all she knew. And if happiness was what she was seeking, she has to uncover her hidden past and her dark secrets to achieve her goal. Will s...
593K 22.8K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...