Ethereal Angels

By EleanorHelena

"No escaping this place, " Falentine whispered in her ear. "You belong to us now" Adelina... More

Trailer and Character Profiles
1. Creatures in the Night.
2. Home
3. Somebody Somewhere
4. They can't take you from me.
5. Ghost of what once was.
6. I Can Feel Your Heart
7. Breathe
8. I won't be afraid
9. The Candles Blew and Then Disappeared
10. You Followed The Loss of Sound
11. Always Second Guessing
12. My World Split In Two
13. I Can't Let You Slip Through My Hands
14. More Like The Moon
15. Echo in the Emptyness
16. Why Not Watch Me Hurt?
17. As Old As Your Omens
18. Nothings The Same When You Give It Away
19. I'll Drown In the Rainfall.
20. Before The Damage Was Done.
21. If I Had A Heart I Could Love You.
22. Are You Deranged Like Me?
23. Is It Your Heart, Is It Just Thunder
24. You Keep Me Without Chains
25.You'll Be Coming Clean Tonight
26. Frozen Waves Meet Ocean Floors.
27.You Bleed Me Dry and I Don't Ask Why.
28. To A Place Where Love Won't Die.
29. As the World Falls Down.
30. A Dream Without An End
31. Stars Crawling out of the Sky
32. How They Hold You Like a Gun.
Wattpad Block Party!!
33. I Was Only Trying To Wake You Up.
Folkes Chapter
35. And I'm Offering All Of Me.
36.Coming Apart At the Seams
Folke's Chapter
37. I've been thinking too much. Help me.
38. Don't Listen When I scream

34. We're All Broken People.

873 42 13
By EleanorHelena

A/N Writers block has completely destroyed me lately! ACK!! So I apologize but I do want to say we are getting there. Just a few more chapters until the end :D 

Please vote and comment :D I'd love to hear what you think.

Weeks of training had gone by and Adelina was improving. Her strikes getting stronger and her kicks were much more accurate. She worked hard to learn and came home sore every single night, proof she was doing exactly what she needed. She was determined to be read to fight when the time came and no longer be helpless.

Her feelings for Folke hadn't faded but she pushed them back by focusing all her energy on training. They both talked, but neither were to keen to open up to the other. 

Each night after dinner, Adelina crawled out into the woods and practiced calling upon the mysterious gift. The first few times nothing had happened, but soon she felt the light move within her and spark out of her hands. Every time she practiced the light moved more freely. She hadn't showed anybody what she had taught herself, wanting to keep it to herself for the time being.

Tonight was the same, as it had been. She crawled deep into the darkness, covered by the large trees that surrounded her. She sat herself by a large trunk and began to dig deep within herself, finding that pure energy and light. The light traveled up her arm and out onto her hands, dancing around in the dark. Adelina's eyes lit up as she watched the light dance around her wrist and travel up her arm. The light snaked itself around her body leaving a trail of warmth surrounding her. Adelina sat there letting the light travel through her body, letting it freely move without her control. She smiled at the peace it brought her, a peace she hadn't felt in a while.

After a few more practice tries, she picked herself up and made her way back into the house. She let her sore body collapse onto the bed and fell into a quiet slumber. The next morning when she awoke, her body ached but she pushed herself up and out of bed. She pulled on some clothes and made her the stairs.

"Folke is already outside, bright and early it seems." Aaron commented as she entered the kitchen.

"He seems to never get tired or sore for that matter." Adelina grumbled while grabbing a muffin and stuffed the food into her mouth quickly.

"He learned from the best." Aaron said as a cocky smirk spread across his face. "Don't let him work you too hard today." Aaron yelled as Adelina made her way out the door.

Folke was leaning on a large tree starring up into the sky. "You ready?" He said not letting his eyes drop from the sky.

"As ready as I can be." Adelina said. She stood there a moment inhaling the smell around her. Spring was in the air and all around her things began to bloom, letting their fragrance into the air.

Folke turned towards Adelina and smirked before he took off jogging. Adelina sighed playfully before she began to run towards him.

"Are you trying to race me?" Adelina huffed as she came to his side.

"No, because I know I'd win." He smirked at her again.

"Probably." She said not feeding into his ego. The two of them jogged side by side, until they reached the waterfall where they had been practicing. Folke began to show Adelina some new moves and she mimicked every single one flawlessly. The two continued, focused, for hours.

"You're really improving." Folke bragged as they set down to eat lunch.

"Thanks." Adelina nibbled on her apple. She turned her head and noticed Folke watching her intently. "What? Something on my face?" She began to wipe at her cheeks.

"No," Folke let out a deep laugh. "Sorry I guess I shouldn't stare." A rosy blush formed on his neck.

"You're blushing?" Adelina teased and let out a small laugh.

Folke leaned in closer, closer until his lips were hovering over Adelina. Her heart raced and her stomach jittered as his lips touched hers. Adelina let herself enjoy the moment as he pressed his lips deeper into hers. She felt breathless in the moment and peaceful. Folke pulled away and starred deep into her eyes

"Maybe we shouldn't have.." Adelina trailed off.

"No. Don't second guess this Adelina. Stop being so scared of your feelings and stop trying to deny them. You can't tell me you don't feel this connection between us."

"I do, but..."

"No don't give me that. Stop being so hard on yourself. Stop punishing yourself for things you can't control. I know you don't say much about everything that happened while you were in the vampire's clutches, but I can tell how much it hurt you. I know your heart has been broken and trust me when I say I know fixing a broken heart is not easy. I've been there I know how it feels to have your heart shattered, that pain in your chest and how it lingers. But this," he grabs Adelina's hand. "this is something real. My feelings for you have grown since that first day I laid eyes on you. The way you make me feel is something I'm not willing to give up on. Please open up to me. Stop closing yourself off to this. Just give us a chance."

Adelina sat there with his hand holding tight to hers. Her mouth hung open but the words just wouldn't escape her lips.

"You don't have to say anything now. I just wanted to be honest with you and let you know how I feel about you." Folke grabbed his jacket and stood up, dropping her hand tenderly. "I've got to run to town and do a few things Aaron asked me to do. Same time tomorrow, okay? But please just think about what I said. And please stop beating yourself up over everything."

Adelina watched silently as Folke made his way through the forest, disappearing into the trees. The silence felt heavy in the air as she sat there. She looked out onto the pond and watched as the water rushed past the rocks and down the river. The waterfall was lively with the fish swimming about and the greenery that was blooming all around them.

They had been together every day training. Adelina pushed herself and her limits. Some days she would come home limping from the pain in her legs, but the next day she would be out there doing the same thing. She had been punishing herself. She wanted to make herself hurt for what she had done to her family. She was responsible for so much death and pain. She had been beating herself up over the entire situation. How could she not? She had watched Daniel die at the hands of her sister, who she couldn't save either. Their deaths a permanent scar within her soul. She had fallen in-love twice in such a short amount of time and what did she have to show for any of it?

And when she was around Folke her heart had sputtered in her chest. She loved the way he smiled, the dimples on his cheeks, the crinkle on his eyes, the light that seemed to shine around him. He made her smile, he made her laugh again. He had awoken a happiness deep inside of her that she pushed away.

Was he right, though?

She sat there letting the thoughts stir within her thinking about what he said and what she should do. As she got up and began to walk back, her mind still spun.

The wind blew, whipping her hair around her face.

Adelina...

A shiver ran through her body.

Adelina...

Asmunds voice rang out through the wind. Adelina spun around, letting the wind whip around her.

"Asmund?"

Silence only greeted her. So silent her heartbeat was drumming through her ears.

The forest was quiet as Adelina took off in a full sprint towards the house. She swung the door open and slammed it shut behind her snapping the lock. She threw her body behind it and peeked out towards the woods.

Nothing.

"Are you okay?"

Startled Adelina jumped and spun towards Madeline's voice.

"Your cheeks are flushed, Adelina. What happened?"

"I don't know Madeline. I thought I heard something. "Adelina huffed trying to regain her breath.

"What do you mean, you heard something?"

"Asmund...I swear I heard his voice." Adelina looked out into the woods again.

"Adelina," Madeline came up to her grabbing her into a hug. "Your mind is playing tricks on you."

"How can you be so sure? How do you know they haven't found me?" Adelina's eyes wildly shifted from one side to another.

"These woods are sacred, Adelina. They've been passed down from our generations. Vampires can't step foot onto them. How do you think we've stayed safe so far? We are protected here." Madeline hugged her tighter.

"What are you two doing?" Aaron stepped out of the kitchen.

"Adelina thought she heard Asmunds voice in the woods. I was just explaining to her that vampires can't step foot into these woods. Why didn't you tell her this already Aaron? Can't you see she is terrified" Madeline pointed a finger towards Aaron.

"Oh I am sorry. I completely forgot and I guess I assumed Folke would mention that during your training. Are you okay?"

Madeline pulled Adelina away giving her a once over. Adelina gave a weak smile in her direction, reassuring her.

"I'm fine. Just a bit shaken up." Adelina assured them.

"Good because there is something we should discuss." Aaron stated. "Let's go into the kitchen and have a seat."

The three of them strode into the kitchen and sat themselves down on large stools.
"What is going on?" Adelina questioned.

"Well I have some news. My trackers have found where the three brothers are at."

Adelina's heart skipped in her chest. "And my family? Do they know if they are okay?"

"They are alive, for now. The vampires have been sending out posters for your return as well as threats. I assume they were hoping the threats would get back to you. They are threatening to kill one family member for every day you don't return. Now don't let that worry you, as we have confirmation they are all still alive."

Adelina let the news sink in.

"They are alive?!" Adelina let a tear escape down her cheek. "They are really alive?"

"Yes they are alive. We have someone on our side on the inside who is helping feed us some information. They are unharmed and being taken care of. The vampires own't hurt them as long as they think they have something to gain."

The words kept repeating into her head. They were alive. She had prayed so hard that they would be safe.

"What do we do now? "Adelina spoke up.

"We do they only thing we can." Aaron paused. "We rescue them."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212 12 45
Every year, my town chooses a sacrifice for the demon that "watches over" our home. In exchange for a person from the village between the ages of 17...
8.9K 680 38
*Completed* *Not fully edited* Adeline Winters, a young rebellious teen in High School, who enjoys giving not only her teachers a hard time but her f...
85.7K 2.7K 21
Adeline always knew there was something different about herself. On her twenty-first birthday the dreams... And nightmares began. Every night, a str...
46.9K 2.4K 51
BOOK 1- A yes BOOK 2- A Fight Innana turned back to Osmian. "Before I forget. I made this for you." Innana said and handed the multicoloured flower t...