Pearce Hudson: #1 My Italian...

Oleh browneegirl

7 years ago I was an ignorant, naive fool blissfully happily married to my husband. 5 years later I was a det... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
1. He' back
2. Dear husband
3. I do
4. One of a kind
5. Holding on
6.New and improved
7.Hudson, Pearce Hudson
8.New kid on the block
9.The devil wears Armani
10.Old friends
11.Bella
12.The past
13.Bloodshed
14.The truth must come out
15.Guilt trip
16.1 truth 1 lie
17.Let the game begin
18.The red dress and blue blazer
19.Dealing with the devil
20.Girl talk
21.Emperors can't rule on their own
22.Lose the battle, win the war
23.Liar liar pants on fire
24.Check
25.Game over
26.Burnt
27.Speak of the devil and he shall call
28. Queen sacrifice
29.Knights, rooks & bishops
30.Her
32. Loving him was red
33. Mole
34. Killers
35. What Now
36. Breakthrough
37. Never let you go
38. All is fair in love and war
39.Bloodstream
Epilouge: Dante's Inferno
Author's note

31.Snitch

5.4K 210 5
Oleh browneegirl

(Pearce's P.O.V)

Silence.

That was all that happened as the video ended. No one spoke. No one made eye contact. Either we were in shock or we were too frightened to admit the obvious. Dante had killed him.

Jack spoke first, "You have to leave. NOW."
Ross grabbed my elbow, "Come on."
"Go, I'm right behind you," I squeezed his hand.
"Pearce-"
"Go. I have to say bye to Dante."

But Ross stood his ground. "I'm staying. Dante may or may not know. I'm not risking it."
I slowly swallowed. Jack had retrieved my jacket and I slipped it on as I heard Dante come down the stairs. I put on my brightest smile.

"Are you leaving?" he asked.
"I'm sorry it's work. It's really important. I wouldn't be leaving otherwise." Please believe me.
"It can't wait?"
"No it can't. How about a rain check? We can do something tomorrow?"
"Sure," he came down the steps, towards me. He grabbed me by arms. My mind went to defensive mode.

He's about to kidnap me.

He leaned down and kissed me.

Relief flooded me.

Kiss him back!

I dug my fingers in his hair and joined in the kiss. We pulled apart and he was breathless but I was disgusted. I did not want to kiss him. Every cell in my body hated him but I acted happy and blushing.

"I'll call you," he smiled.
"Okay."

Jack opened up one of the glass door double but Dante spoke again, "Wait."

My blood turned cold. Jack gripped the golden door handle tightly. One of Ross's hands trembled. We were all scared.
"Yeah?" I smiled at him.

He turned to Ross instead, "I don't think we've met before. Dante Capaldi."
Dante offered his hand.

Ross waited a moment then shook it.

"Jared Ross. I work with Pearce. I'm sorry to have interrupted your dinner."
"I'm Pearce's husband. Tell me do you usually burst in on your other colleagues dinners with work proposals?"
I shot Ross a look. He had to choose his next words very carefully.
"Only if it's urgent."
"Okay," I interjected. "We have to go. Good night."

We stepped out and I heard the door click close. I grabbed Ross by the elbow and we both half ran, half walked to the gates where a guard let us out. The car was parked down the street, as we came closer, I saw Jake's tall figure leaning against the car door. I raced to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He stumbled a few steps, surprised by my action but instantly put his arms around me when he regained his balance.

"Where's my hug?" Ross joked starting the car.
"Later. First we have to go to the crime scene. We need to see that body," I insisted, opening one of my emergency bags, I always have in the car.
"What about the cops?" Jake asked, as I pulled on a pair of pants, I shrugged off my dress and slipped in my thermal top and leather jacket.
"We're going to have to risk it," I replied, attaching my holster and fishing out my badge. "If they move that body evidence leading to Dante or where James was killed could be lost." After a moment, I added, "have you spoken to the rest of the team?"
"They're back at the office. Jones went back to the warehouse to see if he could find anything about what James did or where he went after he escaped," Ross stopped the car at a red light.

The pier was a festival of red, white and blue lights. Squad cars and uniformed officers were at each perimeter, guarding the crime scene and pushing back the horde of reporters and cameramen. The corners van was inside the taped area and men and women in windbreakers that said Forensics were taking pictures and inspecting the scene.

"Jake stay in the car. The less exposure the better," I told him.

He nodded in reply.

"Can I help you guys?" an officer asked as we approached the yellow tape.

"We're with the FBI," Ross flashed him, his badge. The officer lifted the tape to let us through.

"Sir, Ma'am this is a crime scene," a man in a suit said seeing us, possibly a detective. "We're going to have to ask you to leave."

"We're with the FBI. Agent Ross and Hudson," I replied. After nearly 2 months of undercover as a Private Investigator it felt good to say 'agent'. To have some power and authority.

"I didn't know the feds were in town. Plus this isn't FBI jurisdiction."

"We're working on a case. We just wanna take a look at the body to see if it has anything to do with our case. We'll let you figure out who the killer is," Ross added.

"What case is that?"

"How about a deal?"I asked, really not in the mood to fight over jurisdiction.

"I'm listening."

"You let us see the body and crime scene. We'll give you a vital piece of information."

"Fine."

The detective moved aside and we kneeled next to the body as a forensic scientist worked on him. James was pale, like a sheet of paper. His lips were blue and his hair still, almost frozen. His eyes were closed. His shirt was open revealing the carved word.

"What do we have?" Ross asked.

"Hispanic male, early to mid thirties," the forensics guy said.

"We get that I mean how did he die?" Ross prodded.

"I can't be sure not completely but out on a limb I'd say his neck a as snapped."

"How can you tell?" I picked up Jame's hand to examine it.

"His bone right here," the man pointed, "is broken."

"There was signs of a struggle," I reported, "but the water must've washed away any DNA."

The forensics scientist took a look at the hand and confirmed my observation, "There are some bruising and some scraping."

"What about personal effects?" I asked turning to the detective, who wore a scowl.

"Wallet with cards and all."

"What about the carving?"

"Soplón-"

"Which means snitch in Spanish."

"Yes it does," the detective agreed slightly impressed.

"Well," the forensics man said, "the lack of bleeding on the carving indicates it was done post-mortem."

"Alright we have what we need. We'd like a copy of the autopsy report please," Ross said lending me a hand to get up.

"No," the detective crossed his arms over his chest. "We agreed to show the body and crime scene. No autopsy."

"Come man, it would be helpful to us. We're not-"

"Look you're not here on an official capacity," the detective shook his head. "Now I kept my end of the deal. What's this vital piece of information."

"He was a bodyguard for Dante Capaldi," I spat at him. "Good luck with your case."

James was dead and Dante was responsible. The only thoughts that swirled through my head. My throat closed up and my breathing become shallow. Something overcame and I took off in the direction pier. Ross called my name and I heard the SUV door slammed. Even though it was November and the night was freezing, my body was burning. I tore off my jacket and immediately regretted as the cold wind blew threw my flimsy top. I grabbed the ice cold metal rails and stared down at the onyx water.

"Pearce,"Jake placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't! Don't touch me!" I drew awake from him. Jake didn't try again.

"Hey," Ross whispered behind me.

"It's not the body. I'd seen dead bodies obviously but...I spoke to him. He died...because I spoke to him. He died because he-he...wanted to live," I stuttered because of the cold.

Ross put his arms around me, "It's not your fault."

"I know it's not my fault. But I can't do anything to prevent. I can't do anything," I muffled into his chest.

He stroked my hair then said, "You can. And we will do something."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

118K 4.3K 59
||C O M P L E T E D|| || A Mafia generic story, in addition with new aspects and divergence|| ||Slow editing|| ~*~ "I am...
27.4K 1.2K 47
I just made a couple of small mistakes, that's all... the sort of mistakes that anybody could make. There was nothing that I hadn't done a dozen time...
34.2K 648 23
⚠️ WARNING: 1/3 series book ⚠️ ------------------ "So, Miss Connery." He skimmed his index finger over the edge of my desk as he slowly made his way...